Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

jmj

Tell us about yourself. But only things you want us to know.
jmj

jmj

Post by jmj »

I never introduced myself on the old forum, but now that we've made a new start, why not?

I tend to be more comfortable reading than writing, but I contribute here and there when I feel I have something to add. I originally found fogbow in the midst of the Bundy Malheur saga and have stayed because I enjoyed the community.

I hail from Minnesota and I'm an avid hand tool woodworker and bird watcher, and I'm really into music. Software engineer by day.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Re: jmj

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

jmj wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:49 am I never introduced myself on the old forum, but now that we've made a new start, why not?

I tend to be more comfortable reading than writing, but I contribute here and there when I feel I have something to add. I originally found fogbow in the midst of the Bundy Malheur saga and have stayed because I enjoyed the community.

I hail from Minnesota and I'm an avid hand tool woodworker and bird watcher, and I'm really into music. Software engineer by day.
Malheur sent me here too!

A reminder: In my Catholic elementary school we had to write "jmj" at the top center of each assignment. It references Jesus, Mary, and Joseph. I think of that whenever you post!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
jmj

Post by jmj »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:54 am A reminder: In my Catholic elementary school we had to write "jmj" at the top center of each assignment. It references Jesus, Mary, and Joseph. I think of that whenever you post!
haha. that's funny. I never would have guessed, but then I didn't grow up in the Catholic church.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

jmj wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:57 am
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:54 am A reminder: In my Catholic elementary school we had to write "jmj" at the top center of each assignment. It references Jesus, Mary, and Joseph. I think of that whenever you post!
haha. that's funny. I never would have guessed, but then I didn't grow up in the Catholic church.
The brainwashing didn't work. I am now an avowed atheist. :D
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
jmj

Post by jmj »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:03 pm
Well, I went to an evangelical christian school and I am also now an avowed atheist. So I guess the brainwashing failed on me as well :D
qbawl

Post by qbawl »

jmj wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:34 pm
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:03 pm

Well, I went to an evangelical christian school and I am also now an avowed atheist. So I guess the brainwashing failed on me as well :D
A lot of that going around 12 years in Catholic school, 4 years of Latin,and an altar boy 5 days a week in 6th, 7th, 8th grade. Atheist from age 5, Avowed atheist upon graduation from HS.
jmj

Post by jmj »

I should note that although I am an avowed atheist, I'm certainly not a militant one, and I am sympathetic (and try to be gracious) towards those that are religious.

Now for something a little lighter. How about a sampling of some amazing bird song? Try out some of these fun recordings:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Glad you're back! We have a date for autumn 2021, you know!

:D
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Birders are wonderful people, religious, secular or outright atheist like myself.

Edit to add, In Central America, Mister and I would read.our Birding book with morning coffee on the porch. You got a picture, ranges, and then a phonetic bird call. He would try to make the calls based upon that - and often got it exactly right.

We had tons of various Tanagers, Fiery Billed Aracaris, Chestnut Mandable Toucans, and the fierce and elusive Harpy Eagle which we never saw but often heard in the highlands of Panama.

Welcome Birder! Can you do a mating CowBird?
jmj

Post by jmj »

p0rtia wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:35 pm Glad you're back! We have a date for autumn 2021, you know!

:D
hehe. Glad to see you back as well. I'll be there :D
jmj

Post by jmj »

Patagoniagirl wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:36 pm Birders are wonderful people, religious, secular or outright atheist like myself.

Edit to add, In Central America, Mister and I would read.our Birding book with morning coffee on the porch. You got a picture, ranges, and then a phonetic bird call. He would try to make the calls based upon that - and often got it exactly right.

We had tons of various Tanagers, Fiery Billed Aracaris, Chestnut Mandable Toucans, and the fierce and elusive Harpy Eagle which we never saw but often heard in the highlands of Panama.

Welcome Birder! Can you do a mating CowBird?
Coffee on the porch in panama watching birds sounds pretty heavenly about right now.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”