Tesibria

Tell us about yourself. But only things you want us to know.
tesibria

Tesibria

Post by tesibria »

Hi all,

Early (2008) Politijab and Fogbow v1 member, Fogbow Meet-up Alum, Fogbow Reboot lurker, and periodic FogbowZooMeetings attendee.

She/her, blissfully married to the LoveOfMyLife, grandmother, godmother, sister, recovering fundamentalist, recovering lawyer, career changer, catlady, dogmom.

Reader, watcher of movies other than horror, scuba diver, historic house lover, plant lover (with an olive-brown thumb), food lover, highly allergic to walnuts, triple vaxxed, tested too many times to count.

Arizonan (Central Phoenix). Former resident of Shanghai, China (5 years), North Phoenix AZ (3 years), Chicago IL (8 years), DC Area (8 years), Texas (8 years in Dallas after San Angelo), and Salisbury PA (born and raised).

Pragmatic progressive, extreme introvert who keeps accepting positions for extroverts. Currently campaign director for Jen Longdon, the current AZ House Minority Leader who is seeking reelection in the new LD5.

I could go on but, seriously, too much is too much, and that's already really too much.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Re: Tesibria

Post by northland10 »

Tes!!! :wave:

For me, I am here in large part due to Tes. Before I was at the Doc's place, or NBC's, or on PJ (or Addie and Patrick, etc.), I was reading up about the Birther stuff Tes posted.
101010 :towel:
tesibria

Post by tesibria »

northland10 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:25 am Tes!!! :wave:

For me, I am here in large part due to Tes. Before I was at the Doc's place, or NBC's, or on PJ (or Addie and Patrick, etc.), I was reading up about the Birther stuff Tes posted.
:lovestruck: :wave:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:wave:

I love your avatar!
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Tes! 💞 :lovestruck: 💞
Image Image Image Image
qbawl

Post by qbawl »

FogbowZooMeeting
I see what you did there! :thumbsup:
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

Hello Tes! :groupdance:
qbawl

Post by qbawl »

FogbowZooMeeting
I see what you did there! :thumbsup:
bob

Post by bob »

Tes!

For the noobs: Tes did a scary amount of work researching, analyzing, documenting, and cataloguing not only the birther cases, but also Arpaio's wild ride through the Arizona federal courts.

"The birther scorecard" and "the birther string cite," for example, are Tes' inventions.

:notworthy:
Image ImageImage
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, and she is just generally awesome. My favorite Tes story:

So we were sitting around in a hotel room, about ten of us who showed up for the second in-person Meetup, in October 2010, in our nation's capital, planning to go to a nice Ethiopian restaurant for dinner.

But rikker was a problem. He was traveling with his uncle, and the uncle's car was a POS, and it died about 50 miles away from where the rest of us were, and he was stranded. :( There was no way the car was going to be fixed in time, and he obviously wasn't going to be able to join us for dinner, and maybe not at all.

And we sat in that room talking for maybe 5 or 10 minutes, about what we could possibly do to help our friend and find a way to get him to D.C., just flappin' our gums, really, and at the end of that 10 minutes Tes walked into the room and she had already quietly hired a taxi to get rikker and bring his butt 50 miles to the Ethiopian restaurant.

Too bad, too. We were having an excellent discussion, everyone contributing, lots of ideas being tossed around, but without actually coming up with any workable solutions. Meanwhile Tes saw the correct solution instantly and took action to make it happen. Ask realist - that story is just so Tes, and it's exactly the kind of lawyer she is.

:lovestruck:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
realist

Post by realist »

Tes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bighug: :lovestruck:
Image X 4
Image X 32
realist

Post by realist »

Foggy wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:34 am Yeah, and she is just generally awesome. My favorite Tes story:

So we were sitting around in a hotel room, about ten of us who showed up for the second in-person Meetup, in October 2010, :fingerwag: in our nation's capital, planning to go to a nice Ethiopian restaurant for dinner.

But rikker was a problem. He was traveling with his uncle, and the uncle's car was a POS, and it died about 50 miles away from where the rest of us were, and he was stranded. :( There was no way the car was going to be fixed in time, and he obviously wasn't going to be able to join us for dinner, and maybe not at all.

And we sat in that room talking for maybe 5 or 10 minutes, about what we could possibly do to help our friend and find a way to get him to D.C., just flappin' our gums, really, and at the end of that 10 minutes Tes walked into the room and she had already quietly hired a taxi to get rikker and bring his butt 50 miles to the Ethiopian restaurant.

Too bad, too. We were having an excellent discussion, everyone contributing, lots of ideas being tossed around, but without actually coming up with any workable solutions. Meanwhile Tes saw the correct solution instantly and took action to make it happen. Ask realist - that story is just so Tes, and it's exactly the kind of lawyer she is.

:lovestruck:
You always forget the first one. The first two meetups were in Phoenix. Tes and I were at both of them. :lol:
Image X 4
Image X 32
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

It was great seeing you (and your cat) at last night’s ZooMeeting :lol:

I remember all your great posts back in the birther golden years.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Tes!!! 💕💕💕
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

realist wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:49 am You always forget the first one. The first two meetups were in Phoenix. Tes and I were at both of them. :lol:
Oh yeah, because I wasn't at the very first one. And was there all the swag at that one, the tote bags and stuff? :confuzzled:

Also, those first two were Politijab, and the name Fogbow had not yet been thought of by me or anyone else.

I love Fogbow, but I never lose sight of our origins, without which I would not be running this website. This community was founded by Brian and Justin as Politijab, and it became a thriving community long before those two gents tired of following birtherism and decided to move on with their lives. We, of course, eventually tired of birtherism in ... umm ... well, any day now, anyway.

HI bob. :wave:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Tess! :wave: :thumbsup:
:cheer1: :cheer1: :cheer1:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Tes!!! :dance:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
tesibria

Post by tesibria »

It's soo great to "see" you all !!!!
And I hope to SEE you all soon on one of the upcoming ZooMeetings. :biggrin: :biggrin:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

The ZooMeetings are at a weird time for me, but if you’ll be there, well… :P

Return to “Introduce Yourself”