Addie

Dr. Jonathan H. Levy, Esquire

Post by Addie » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:17 pm

Congrats :-bd

¡Sterngard! come home.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:42 pm

So we were helpful to Dr. Levy?It's good to help another member of our small, primarily anti-birfer, community.As Realist wrote (obviously thinking about Realist), "We live to serve."

realist

Post by realist » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:13 am

Chris Strunk posted on his Scribd...

Vatican Bank Called on to Open Holocaust Era Account Records

A formal request has been made to Vatican Bank president, Ernst von Freyberg, to audit approximately 30 current and former Vatican Bank accounts that were identified as having laundered Holocaust era assets from the Balkans.[/break1]scribd.com/doc/157438014/Vatican-Bank-Called-on-to-Open-Holocaust-Era-Account-Records] ... nt-Records

Edit: Edited to add: Levy's Scribd page...

[/break1]scribd.com/resistk]http://www.scribd.com/resistk

About

I am licensed as an attorney in California and Washington, and as a solicitor, barrister, and advocate outside the US. I am on the faculty of two nationally accredited graduate schools and instruct courses in counter terrorism and legal studies.

ImageX 4 ImageX36

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:34 am

Counter-terrorism? Sekrit Stuffs!
Can't get the smilies to work.

I love the poorly educated!!!

I believe Anita Hill! I believe Dr. Ford!

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:12 am

Sekrit Stuffs!
Are you blocking scripts?

Welcome, seeker! There's a seeker born every minute!

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:19 am

Sekrit Stuffs!
I don't think so. ;;) Now they work! :-bd

I love the poorly educated!!!

I believe Anita Hill! I believe Dr. Ford!

Roboe

Post by Roboe » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:53 am

Levy has been fairly active on Wikipedia, although his last edit was some months back. A lot of it seems to be to do with the whole Cabina business, which flies in the face of Wikipedia guidelines (dunno if he still pretends be their "Acting Attorney General of Republic of Cabinda").

Princess foofypants

Post by Princess foofypants » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:55 am

I remember being taught in school that using Dr and PhD at the same time was incorrect grammatically. And it looks like someone poured coffee on his filing.

CatMe

Post by CatMe » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:41 pm

I remember being taught in school that using Dr and PhD at the same time was incorrect grammatically. And it looks like someone poured coffee on his filing.Per the AMA Manual of Style, no titles are used if the abbreviation "Esq" is used. It does not specify not to use "Dr." (just says no titles), but since "Dr." is a title, I assume it is not supposed to be used. And yes, using Dr. and PhD together is incorrect.Edited:Random House confirms Dr. and Esq. are not supposed to be used together.[/break1]randomhouse.com/wotd/index.pperl?date=19980609]http://www.randomhouse.com/wotd/index.p ... e=19980609

Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Post by Flatpointhigh » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:50 pm

I remember being taught in school that using Dr and PhD at the same time was incorrect grammatically. And it looks like someone poured coffee on his filing.Per the AMA Manual of Style, no titles are used if the abbreviation "Esq" is used. It does not specify not to use "Dr." (just says no titles), but since "Dr." is a title, I assume it is not supposed to be used. And yes, using Dr. and PhD together is incorrect.Edited:Random House confirms Dr. and Esq. are not supposed to be used together.[/break1]randomhouse.com/wotd/index.pperl?date=19980609]http://www.randomhouse.com/wotd/index.p ... e=19980609uhm, no. My father was Dr. M.W. Nathans, PhD. he EARNED that title and degree. He also held a JD, and was CIH. but, he never used "Esq." Medical Doctors began using the "Dr." title mid-19th c.

"It is wrong to say God made rich and poor; He only made male and female, and He gave them the Earth as their inheritance."- Thomas Paine, Forward to Agrarian Justice
Cancer broke me

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:01 pm

I remember being taught in school that using Dr and PhD at the same time was incorrect grammatically. And it looks like someone poured coffee on his filing.Per the AMA Manual of Style, no titles are used if the abbreviation "Esq" is used. It does not specify not to use "Dr." (just says no titles), but since "Dr." is a title, I assume it is not supposed to be used. And yes, using Dr. and PhD together is incorrect.Edited:Random House confirms Dr. and Esq. are not supposed to be used together.[/break1]randomhouse.com/wotd/index.pperl?date=19980609]http://www.randomhouse.com/wotd/index.p ... e=19980609uhm, no. My father was Dr. M.W. Nathans, PhD. he EARNED that title and degree. He also held a JD, and was CIH. but, he never used "Esq." Medical Doctors began using the "Dr." title mid-19th c.Umm, yes. The generally accepted practice is to use one or the other, but not both at the same time. Usually, the degree is used in the address block, and the title in the salutation. E.g.:M.W. Nathans, PhD123 Whatever LaneetcDear Dr. Nathans,

"I don't give a fuck whether we're peers or not."
--Lord Thomas Henry Bingham to Boris Johnson, on being asked whether he would miss being in "the best club in London" if the Law Lords moved from Parliament to a Supreme Court.

BFB

Post by BFB » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:03 pm

Well, I think there could be a distinction if the "Dr." refers to an MD. As in a medical doctor who also has a Ph.D. in something.But referring to a Ph.D. as Dr. So and So, Ph.D., is just saying, Dr. Dr., and is incorrect.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:06 pm

The temp job many moons ago as receptionist for a doctor had me typing stuff for him. I learned the first hour of the first day, it is NEVER Dr. Jones, M.D. As he (very loudly) explained to me "That says Doctor Jones Medical Doctor to anyone who sees it and makes us all look like idiots." I never made that mistake again.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:06 pm

An English surgeon, of course, to fowl the whole thing up, is referred to as "Mr."

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:09 pm

There are many people with the title "Dr." Medical doctors. Dentists. Chiropractors who don't hold a doctorate degree. Veterinarians. Others. Sometimes it's nice to know just what kind of doctor I'm dealing with. I don't consider some to be doctors by profession or by degree conferred.

Ano, jsou opravdové. - Stormy Daniels

Nech mě domluvit! - Orly Taitz

CatMe

Post by CatMe » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:32 pm

I remember being taught in school that using Dr and PhD at the same time was incorrect grammatically. And it looks like someone poured coffee on his filing.Per the AMA Manual of Style, no titles are used if the abbreviation "Esq" is used. It does not specify not to use "Dr." (just says no titles), but since "Dr." is a title, I assume it is not supposed to be used. And yes, using Dr. and PhD together is incorrect.Edited:Random House confirms Dr. and Esq. are not supposed to be used together.[/break1]randomhouse.com/wotd/index.pperl?date=19980609]http://www.randomhouse.com/wotd/index.p ... e=19980609uhm, no. My father was Dr. M.W. Nathans, PhD. he EARNED that title and degree. He also held a JD, and was CIH. but, he never used "Esq." Medical Doctors began using the "Dr." title mid-19th c.I have served as editor of several medical journals and routinely formatted physicians' names for authorship. Regardless of what your father chose to do, it is not correct to use "Dr. John Smith, PhD." The correct presentation would be "John Smith, MD, PhD." (AMA does not use periods in degree designations, so I do not either, although I used a period after Dr. because Americans are largely unaccustomed to seeing it without the period.)

CatMe

Post by CatMe » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:35 pm

An English surgeon, of course, to fowl the whole thing up, is referred to as "Mr."I always found it interesting that European physicians who also teach were always referred to as "professor" at European medical conferences, for authorship, and at their institutions. At U.S. conferences, the same physician was often referred to as "Dr."

ManiaaPotu

Post by ManiaaPotu » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:42 pm

Now this is a topic I know something about. "Dr." is indeed a title that can mean any number of things, as noted by ZekeB. One should NOT use both the title and degree designations at the same time. If one has both an MD and a PhD, the correct way to write the name and degrees is "Sophie B. Doggus, MD, PhD" or "Sophie B. Doggus, MD, JD." The degree that was earned first is listed first. No one should ever be calling themselves "Dr. Duncely Idiot, Esq" unless they are a complete nincompoop. The correct designation would be "Duncely Idiot, DDS, JD" if one really, really, REALLY wanted to make sure everyone was super impressed.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:47 pm

Next can we argue about how many angels will fit on the head of a pin? :lol: Just kidding.Bill Bryan, BSFS, JD, MCSE, RICO, BBQ, ETC.

Welcome, seeker! There's a seeker born every minute!

CatMe

Post by CatMe » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:49 pm

Now this is a topic I know something about. "Dr." is indeed a title that can mean any number of things, as noted by ZekeB. One should NOT use both the title and degree designations at the same time. If one has both an MD and a PhD, the correct way to write the name and degrees is "Sophie B. Doggus, MD, PhD" or "Sophie B. Doggus, MD, JD." The degree that was earned first is listed first. No one should ever be calling themselves "Dr. Duncely Idiot, Esq" unless they are a complete nincompoop. The correct designation would be "Duncely Idiot, DDS, JD" if one really, really, REALLY wanted to make sure everyone was super impressed.For medical publication purposes, you typically list MD before any other degree designation because it is the most relevant and most important, regardless of the order in which the degrees were completed. I cannot say how all physicians list their degrees, but everyone I worked with who had an MD and a PhD always put the MD first. All the rest I agree with, and nincompoop fits "Dr. Orly Taitz, Esq." and "Dr. Jonathan Levy, Esq." to a tee.

Johnny Foreigner

Post by Johnny Foreigner » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:56 pm

An English surgeon, of course, to fowl the whole thing up, is referred to as "Mr."Only when a surgeon reaches the level of a consultant surgeon do they get the honour of being a Mr. Your regular surgeons are called plain doctor.Also, you'll find that most doctors in the UK do not possess a doctorate, holding either a bachelors or masters degree. Dentists aren't referred to as doctor either, and are usually holding a bachelors degree.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:57 pm

Next can we argue about how many angels will fit on the head of a pin? :lol: Snip------That would be 12. Exactly 12 angels can fit on the head of a standard straight pin. ;)

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

magdalen77

Post by magdalen77 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:59 pm

Next can we argue about how many angels will fit on the head of a pin? :lol: Snip------That would be 12. Exactly 12 angels can fit on the head of a standard straight pin. ;)I thought it was established as a larger number by some medieval bishop, something like 4,842.Magdalen Jefferson Grant, BA, BS, MS, CHP, BBQ, WTF

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:04 pm

And it's not the head, it's the point.

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:13 pm

And it's not the head, it's the point.Unless you has a pointy head.

Image Image Image Image Image

Return to “Orly Taitz”