Rhodes v. MacDonald et al - Georgia, 9/4/09

Butterfly Bilderberg

Post by Butterfly Bilderberg »

Ya know, amicus curiae are not limited to submitting briefs to the Court. It is a little known fact that the Supreme Court allows friends of the court to submit material that is not part of the trial record. See Rule 32.3.

Now, mind you, I'm NOT suggesting that Orly's minions should be encouraged to deluge the Court with evidence ... . :-

Of course, they have to persuade the Clerk, and you know what Danny Bickell would say.
"Pity the nation that acclaims the bully as hero,
and that deems the glittering conqueror bountiful."
- Kahlil Gibran, The Garden of The Prophet

Kriselda Gray
Location: FEMA Camp 2112 - a joint project of the U.S. and Canada

Post by Kriselda Gray »

ARGGH! You KNOW this means that Orly and the birthers will think this means Alito agrees with them. And flowery, ill-spelled odes to him will begin. Then when it is naturally turned down, they will threaten the other 8 and accuse Alito of being bought.Anyone think that is not an exact blueprint of what will happen?I think you've pretty much nailed it right there.
Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand... - "Witch Hunt" by Rush

Thor promised to slay the Ice Giants
God promised to quell all evil
I'm not seeing any Ice Giants... :thor:

realist

Post by realist »

Ya know, amicus curiae are not limited to submitting briefs to the Court. It is a little known fact that the Supreme Court allows friends of the court to submit material that is not part of the trial record. See Rule 32.3.

Now, mind you, I'm NOT suggesting that Orly's minions should be encouraged to deluge the Court with evidence ... . :-

Of course, they have to persuade the Clerk, and you know what Danny Bickell would say.Sekrit Stuffs!
-xx {SMILIES_PATH}/pray.gif
ImageX 4 ImageX36

majorbabs

Post by majorbabs »

And don't forget the Social Security Numbers!!!And death threats!!!

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

And don't forget the Social Security Numbers!!!And death threats numerous assassination attempts!!!

realist

Post by realist »

New Docket Entry...

09/09/2010 [link]43,[/link] SATISFACTION OF JUDGMENT re 37[RECAP] Judgment entered In favor of United States of America Against Orly Taitz by United States of America (Aderhold, Hugh) (Entered: 09/09/2010)
ImageX 4 ImageX36

Sterngard Friegen

New Docket Entry...

09/09/2010 [link]43,[/link] SATISFACTION OF JUDGMENT re 37[RECAP] Judgment entered In favor of United States of America Against Orly Taitz by United States of America (Aderhold, Hugh) (Entered: 09/09/2010)The check written from her household petty cash account appears to have cleared. And We the People appear to have waived interest.

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

New Docket Entry...

09/09/2010 [link]43,[/link] SATISFACTION OF JUDGMENT re 37[RECAP] Judgment entered In favor of United States of America Against Orly Taitz by United States of America (Aderhold, Hugh) (Entered: 09/09/2010) =)) =)) =)) =))

Once again:

“While the Court derives no pleasure from its imposition of sanctions upon counsel Orly Taitz, it likewise has no reservations about the necessity of doing so,” Land states. “A clearer case could not exist; a weaker message would not suffice.”Of course, the message was not strong enough, but it was a start......
I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB »

The check written from her household petty cash account appears to have cleared. And We the People appear to have waived interest.She got by without paying interest. In other words, total victory!!
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

New Docket Entry...

09/09/2010 [link]43,[/link] SATISFACTION OF JUDGMENT re 37[RECAP] Judgment entered In favor of United States of America Against Orly Taitz by United States of America (Aderhold, Hugh) (Entered: 09/09/2010)The check written from her household petty cash account appears to have cleared. And We the People appear to have waived interest.The interest, dear man, was truly de minimus. :D

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

UpdatePosted on | September 10, 2010 | No CommentsFrom August 9 I got $6,601or roughly on third of the $20,000 judicial extortion to keep all of us quiet about Obama’s illegitimacy to US presidency.I [highlight]need[/highlight] to to collect the remaining $13,399.thank you Forence Stone for $100, Phil Olmstead for $25, Brad Thompson $10, Willian Harvey $20, Stephen Cyrier $10 and Mr. Gephart $5.We have to stand up against this tyranny of Obama regime and this code of silence

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

There is still nothing on the docket about Orly's supposed extension of time to file for cert. I call BS. [-X
"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016

raicha

Post by raicha »

US Supreme Court Rule 29.2.

A document is timely filed if it is received by the Clerk within the time specified for filing; or if it is sent to the Clerk through the United States Postal Service by first-class mail (including express or priority mail), postage prepaid, and bears a postmark, other than a commercial postage meter label, showing that the document was mailed on or before the last day for filing; or if it is delivered on or before the last day for filing to a third-party commercial carrier for delivery to the Clerk within 3 calendar days.US Supreme Court Rule 14.5.

If the Clerk determines that a petition submitted timely and in good faith is in a form that does not comply with this Rule or with Rule 33 or Rule 34, the Clerk will return it with a letter indicating the deficiency. A corrected petition submitted in accordance with Rule 29.2 no more than 60 days after the date of the Clerk’s letter will be deemed timely.After an "Oh sh_t" moment, Orly packs up a pile of poo and puts it in a Priority Mail box with $50 of postage purchased from the automated mail center. She ships it off to SCOTUS claiming that it was timely submitted within the jurisdictional 90 days.

The clerk does not investigate the peculiar circumstances of the packaging and does not know that the day after the petition was due, Orly was claiming on her website that she still had more than a week left to file it. The clerk gives her the benefit of the doubt and issues a rule 14.5 deficiency notice.

So she gets away with her shenanigans yet again. But I doubt she is capable of curing the deficiencies. Time will tell.

mimi

Post by mimi »

Did you hear her on that radio program when she was asked why it isn't reflected on the docket? says she has 2 letters from the clerk and they specifically say to resubmit within 60 days. then she says "let's go on to the next question."

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

Did you hear her on that radio program when she was asked why it isn't reflected on the docket? says she has 2 letters from the clerk and they specifically say to resubmit within 60 days. then she says "let's go on to the next question."Two letters? :lol: Here's what the SCOTUS docket says as of 1 minute ago:No. 10A56 Title: Orly Taitz, Applicantv.Colonel Thomas D. MacDonald, Garrison Commander, Fort Benning, et al.Docketed: Lower Ct: United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit Case Nos.: (09-15418)~~~Date~~~ ~~~~~~~Proceedings and Orders~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Jul 8 2010 Application (10A56) for a stay, submitted to Justice Thomas.Jul 15 2010 Application (10A56) denied by Justice Thomas.Aug 4 2010 Application (10A56) refiled and submitted to Justice Alito.Aug 10 2010 Application (10A56) referred to the Court.Aug 16 2010 Application (10A56) denied by the Court.

raicha

Post by raicha »

Yes, TF, because they don't docket under rule 14.5 until they clear the deficiencies. Then they send a docketing letter.

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

Yes, TF, because they don't docket under rule 14.5 until they clear the deficiencies. Then they send a docketing letter.Time will tell, I suppose.

Sterngard Friegen

If she resubmits in 60 days she'll be even more "out of time."I don't believe Orly Taitz is a reliable source for anything involving . . . well, anything, but especially not anything involving the practice of law.I think she was caught short on that question (good work, fellow Obots), and that she had to find a quick lie. Remember last year when she was asked on a radio show by Methuselah if she had reported to the California Bar her hiring of CEL3, as required by California's ethics rules, and she accused Methuselah of lying about what those rules required?This is what she does.

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Re: Rhodes v. MacDonald et al - Georgia, 9/4/09

Post by Orlylicious »

Not sure how she missed it but October 13th was the anniversary of Orly's $20,000 sanction. That was the original sanction, the appeal happened and she lost that as above. But shocking she didn't do an anniversary post or TAITZ REPORT (whatever happened to that?). :thumbs:
Orly Taitz Responds To Judge’s $20k Fine: Shove It!
By Justin Elliott Published October 13, 2009 7:33 am

Photo with story

Reached on her cell phone by TPMmuckraker and informed of the $20,000 fine imposed on her by a federal judge this morning, Birther attorney Orly Taitz responded, first, with laughter. “So he didn’t recuse himself?” Taitz asked, after letting out an extended, nervous-sounding chuckle.

Still defiant after months of legal wrangling and, by our count, three written denunciations by federal district court Judge Clay Land, Taitz said she had absolutely no plans to pay the $20,000 fine. “Are you kidding? Of course not,” she said, asked whether she planned to send a check. “This is a form of intimidation.”Instead, she plans to file yet another written response (though it’s unclear whether the court will even accept one).

“I’ll go to the circuit court of appeals. I’ll take this as high as I have to go,” Taitz said. Asked about the judge’s promise to refer the matter to the U.S. Attorney if she didn’t pay within 30 days, Taitz said she’d have to take a look at the order.

Land wrote:

If counsel fails to pay the sanction due, the U.S.
Attorney will be authorized to commence collection proceedings. [footnote:] The Court does not take this action lightly, and in fact, cannot recall having previously imposed monetary sanctions upon an attorney sua sponte.

Sua sponte is Latin for “of one’s own accord” — in other words, the court acting without prompt by any of the litigants.
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker/ ... e-shove-it

Judgment Day: Birther Taitz Fined $20,000 For Misconduct
By Justin Elliott Published October 13, 2009 7:00 am

Finally fed up with Orly Taitz’s repeated frivolous and conspiracy-ridden filings in a Birther lawsuit, the judge in the case has fined the crusading attorney $20,000. Opening with a quote from Justice Cardozo on the privilege of bar membership, Judge Clay Land of the U.S. District Court in the Middle District Of Georgia goes on for some length — the order is 43 pages — explaining his reasoning:

When a lawyer files complaints and motions without a reasonable basis for believing that they are supported by existing law or a modification or extension of existing law, that lawyer abuses her privilege to practice law. When a lawyer uses the courts as a platform for a political agenda disconnected from any legitimate legal cause of action, that lawyer abuses her privilege to practice law. When a lawyer personally attacks opposing parties and disrespects the integrity of the judiciary, that lawyer abuses her privilege to practice law. When a lawyer recklessly accuses a judge of violating the Judicial Code of Conduct with no supporting evidence beyond her dissatisfaction with the judge’s rulings, that lawyer abuses her privilege to practice law. When a lawyer abuses her privilege to practice law, that lawyer ceases to advance her cause or the ends of justice.

Land continues:

Regrettably, the conduct of counsel Orly Taitz has crossed these lines, and Ms. Taitz must be sanctioned for her misconduct. After a full review of the sanctionable conduct, counsel’s conduct leading up to that conduct, and counsel’s response to the Court’s show cause order, the Court finds that a monetary penalty of $20,000.00 shall be imposed upon counsel Orly Taitz as punishment for her misconduct, as a deterrent to prevent future misconduct, and to protect the integrity of the Court. Payment shall be made to the United States, through the Middle District of Georgia Clerk’s Office, within thirty days of today’s Order. If counsel fails to pay the sanction due, the U.S. Attorney will be authorized to commence collection proceedings.

TaitzCheck.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hey! Don't miss The Fogbow's Favourite TV Show™ starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: From Not To Hot -- Family Crisis!" Fri 9/8c. TVShowsAce featured Fogbow's love 5/26/20: https://bit.ly/2TNxrbS

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB »

The original proposed sanction was $10,000. Our intrepid dentist managed to convince the Court that $20,000 was more appropriate.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

Northland10

Post by Northland10 »

ZekeB wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:39 pm
The original proposed sanction was $10,000. Our intrepid dentist managed to convince the Court that $20,000 was more appropriate.
It may be the only time she convinced a judge that his initial order was wrong.
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

Northland10 wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:06 pm
ZekeB wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:39 pm
It may be the only time she convinced a judge that his initial order was wrong.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Orlylicious wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:10 pm
:snippity:
Judgment Day: Birther Taitz Fined $20,000 For Misconduct
By Justin Elliott Published October 13, 2009 7:00 am
Land continues:

Regrettably, the conduct of counsel Orly Taitz has crossed these lines, and Ms. Taitz must be sanctioned for her misconduct. After a full review of the sanctionable conduct, counsel’s conduct leading up to that conduct, and counsel’s response to the Court’s show cause order, the Court finds that a monetary penalty of $20,000.00 shall be imposed upon counsel Orly Taitz as punishment for her misconduct, as a deterrent to prevent future misconduct, and to protect the integrity of the Court. Payment shall be made to the United States, through the Middle District of Georgia Clerk’s Office, within thirty days of today’s Order. If counsel fails to pay the sanction due, the U.S. Attorney will be authorized to commence collection proceedings.
Uhhh yes - counsel did resist paying the sanctions ----- until hubby learnt that there was a lien getting established on their property... :blackeye: :violin:

Sterngard Friegen

My daughter is in her third week as a 1L at UVA Law School. You will never guess what sanctions case she just read, to be discussed in class Thursday. She asked me if I knew anything about it! :lol:

[Cross-posted]

Northland10

Post by Northland10 »

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:08 pm
My daughter is in her third week as a 1L at UVA Law School. You will never guess what sanctions case she just read, to be discussed in class Thursday. She asked me if I knew anything about it! :lol:

[Cross-posted]
Maybe you can fly out quickly and meet her a the corner coffee shop to brief her on a certain case. Maybe you don't even have to fly out because I heard some people can be in the southeast and SoCal at the same time.
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

Return to “Orly Taitz”