Rhodes v. MacDonald et al - Georgia, 9/4/09

tjh

Post by tjh » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:45 pm

My application to Justice Alito was docketted and forwarded to Justice Alito

:evil: XXX-http://www.orlytaitzesq.com/?p=12797 :evil:

http://www.supremecourt.gov/Search.aspx ... /10a56.htm

Aug 4 2010 Application (10A56) refiled and submitted to Justice Alito.

Tesibria

Post by Tesibria » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:53 pm

My application to Justice Alito was docketted and forwarded to Justice Alito

:evil: XXX-http://www.orlytaitzesq.com/?p=12797 :evil:

http://www.supremecourt.gov/Search.aspx ... /10a56.htm

Aug 4 2010 Application (10A56) refiled and submitted to Justice Alito.And, if Alito follows the "usual" practice, he will refer the application to the Court - to prevent her from filing it with yet another Justice after he denies it.

If a Justice acts alone to deny an application, a petitioner may renew the application to any other Justice of his or her choice, and theoretically can continue until a majority of the Court has denied the application. In practice, renewed applications usually are referred to the full Court to avoid such a prolonged procedure.

[link]A Reporter's Guide to Applications (PDF),http://www.supremecourt.gov/publicinfo/ ... sguide.pdf[/link], at page 4.

“Words are sacred. They deserve respect. If you get the right ones, in the right order, you can nudge the world a little.”― Tom Stoppard
WYE: Arpaio-Melendres-Seattle Operation Timeline | Sectec Astronomy: Dennis Montgomery Timeline

tjh

Post by tjh » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:04 pm

But ... but ... it's an EMERGENCY of NATIONAL IMPORTANCE ...

Tesibria

Post by Tesibria » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:06 pm

ARGGH! You KNOW this means that Orly and the birthers will think this means Alito agrees with them. And flowery, ill-spelled odes to him will begin. Then when it is naturally turned down, they will threaten the other 8 and accuse Alito of being bought.Anyone think that is not an exact blueprint of what will happen?Alas, yes. Past is prologue with these folks ........

“Words are sacred. They deserve respect. If you get the right ones, in the right order, you can nudge the world a little.”― Tom Stoppard
WYE: Arpaio-Melendres-Seattle Operation Timeline | Sectec Astronomy: Dennis Montgomery Timeline

keokuk

Post by keokuk » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:17 pm

ARGGH! You KNOW this means that Orly and the birthers will think this means Alito agrees with them. And flowery, ill-spelled odes to him will begin. Then when it is naturally turned down, they will threaten the other 8 and accuse Alito of being bought.Anyone think that is not an exact blueprint of what will happen?Alas, yes. Past is prologue with these folks ........Although the funny part will be that the next conference isn't until October. It will be fun to see the reaction when Alito basically says, "Eh the Court will get around to it in a couple of months."

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:23 pm

Is it true that motions for stay would be deferred until the next session? I thought that I had seen where other motions had been disposed of by the full court since the end of the session. I could be mistaken. If this were a writ for cert I agree that it would be held until then.I looked at the orders list and I see several orders in July that were issued by the court after being referred by an individual justice. It also appears the first conference for the new session will held on September 27. I think Alito will refer Orly's mess to the court and it will be denied shortly.

"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016

MaineSkeptic

Post by MaineSkeptic » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:37 pm

I think Alito will refer Orly's mess to the court and it will be denied shortly.What would that mean -- would Orly's appeals be exhausted, or would there still be an argument to defer collection pending resolution of appeals?

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:45 pm

What would that mean -- would Orly's appeals be exhausted, or would there still be an argument to defer collection pending resolution of appeals? I hope one of the lawyers answers this but I do not believe Orly applied for a writ on the appeal of the sanctions but she only applied for an emergency stay against the AG to prevent collection of the sanctions. She could go back and try to file an appeal on the sanctions themselves and that would not be reviewed denied until the conference on 9/27. Then she will indeed have finished.

Edit: I just saw Muldrake's reply. I forgot about the time limit for appeal of the 11th Circuit's decision. Is that 60 days?

"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016

keokuk

Post by keokuk » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:47 pm

Is it true that motions for stay would be deferred until the next session? I thought that I had seen where other motions had been disposed of by the full court since the end of the session. I could be mistaken. If this were a writ for cert I agree that it would be held until then.I looked at the orders list and I see several orders in July that were issued by the court after being referred by an individual justice. It also appears the first conference for the new session will held on September 27. I think Alito will refer Orly's mess to the court and it will be denied shortly.You're right. I think they actually would address things as a Court on a regular basis during the summer, albeit not regularly. I'm actually not familiar with the Court's procedure when the justices are not available for conference. I assume that a memo is prepared by the clerks and that any stay motion meriting attention will receive it if a justice flags it. (Based on the dates from the order list, it looks like once each week.) But I jumped the gun and assumed consistent procedures for petitions for cert and orders for a stay.

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:49 pm

...In the absence of a cert petition which could actually reverse the monetary sanctions against her, what is the point of a stay? A stay pending what?Until the UN Commission for Defenders of Civil Rights steps in and shows the Supreme Court what it has to do.

“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

realist

Post by realist » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:14 pm

Indeed, it has been docketed.No. 10A56 Title: Orly Taitz, Applicantv.Thomas D. MacDonald, Colonel Garrison Commander, Fort Benning, et al.Docketed: Lower Ct: United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit Case Nos.: (09-15418)~~~Date~~~ ~~~~~~~Proceedings and Orders~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Jul 8 2010 Application (10A56) for a stay, submitted to Justice Thomas.Jul 15 2010 Application (10A56) denied by Justice Thomas.[highlight]Aug 4 2010 Application (10A56) refiled and submitted to Justice Alito.[/highlight]~~Name~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~Address~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~Phone~~~Attorneys for Petitioner: Orly Taitz 29839 Santa Margarita Pkwy (949) 683-5411 Rancho Santa Margarita, CA 92688 Party name: Orly TaitzAttorneys for Respondents: Neal Kumar Katyal Acting Solicitor General (202) 514-2217 Counsel of Record United States Department of Justice 950 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W. Washington, DC 20530-0001 Party name: Thomas D. MacDonald, Colonel Garrison Commander, Fort Benning, et al.

ImageX 4 ImageX36

Tesibria

Post by Tesibria » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:19 pm

I think Alito will refer Orly's mess to the court and it will be denied shortly.What would that mean -- would Orly's appeals be exhausted, or would there still be an argument to defer collection pending resolution of appeals?I didn't read her pile of gibberish in great detail, but I don't know if she's even made an effective appeal at all. She has requested a stay. I'm not sure, but she may have blown her deadline for a cert petition if this stay application doesn't stop the clock somehow.She hasn't *yet* blown the window for filing cert. Not saying exactly when it is b/c I seem to recall requests not to help her. But, by my calculations, she still has a bit of time left.

Tesibria

Post by Tesibria » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:37 pm

I'm cornfused. Doesn't this latest flurry belong in the "Act II" thread? I get my axes mixed up. :?Yes, probably. I suspect that someone searched for Rhodes and this one popped up.But hey -- least it wasn't an entirely NEW thread :)

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:23 pm

She hasn't *yet* blown the window for filing cert. Not saying exactly when it is b/c I seem to recall requests not to help her. But, by my calculations, she still has a bit of time left.And whether time is gone or not, let us never forget: ORLY NEVER DISAPPOINTS!!!!Thus endeth the lesson.

I love the poorly educated!!!

I believe Anita Hill!

realist

Post by realist » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:53 pm

She hasn't *yet* blown the window for filing cert. Not saying exactly when it is b/c I seem to recall requests not to help her. But, by my calculations, she still has a bit of time left.And whether time is gone or not, let us never forget: ORLY NEVER DISAPPOINTS!!!!Thus endeth the lesson. =))

ImageX 4 ImageX36

tjh

Post by tjh » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:00 pm

Indeed, it has been docketed.

[highlight]Aug 4 2010 Application (10A56) refiled and submitted to Justice Alito.[/highlight]Now it's OUR turn ....

People are allowed to write and ask for a leave of court to file an Amicus Curiae in support of Dr. Taitz

:evil: XXX-http://www.orlytaitzesq.com/?p=12805 :evil:

realist

Post by realist » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:09 pm

Indeed, it has been docketed.

[highlight]Aug 4 2010 Application (10A56) refiled and submitted to Justice Alito.[/highlight]Now it's OUR turn ....

People are allowed to write and ask for a leave of court to file an Amicus Curiae in support of Dr. Taitz

:evil: XXX-http://www.orlytaitzesq.com/?p=12805 :evil:Yeah, that'll work...can you imagine the crap briefs that would be proposed? =))

Proposed amykiss curey brief by...

:lol:

ImageX 4 ImageX36

ducktape

Post by ducktape » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:03 pm

Yeah, that'll work...can you imagine the crap briefs that would be proposed? =)) Dear Supreme Court and Justice Alito,Dr Orly Taitz says that we need to write Amicus Curiae to support her. She is very important Constitutional Attorney who came all the way from Soviet Union and Israel to make American Government work right and follow Constitution against Evil Usurper who stole Presidency. She is graduate of Taft Law School named after Biggest US President and she is also Dentist and Realtor and she has been on CNN and MSNBC so she is very smart and knows her stuff when it comes to Usurper because she saw Soviet Union system where Rule of Law was not Followed!!! Corrupt judges and clerks are fighting against her, and Judge Land said she had to pay $10000.00 because Law Suit was frivolous, and when she wrote Argument with sworn Affidavit that Witness saw Eric Holder sneaking in for Secret Meeting with corrupt Judge Land, then he said she had to pay $20000.00, 2X the AMOUNT!!. It was her FREE SPPECH and Judge Land violated her CIVIL RIGHTS!!! but corrupt Appeals Court who is paid by Obama Government did not Overturn. Then Dr Taitz sent Request for Stay to Justice Thomas but corrupt Clerks hid from it him and denined without his Signature. So this is EMERGENCY!!!!! She says we need Leave of Court to send Amicus Curiae so please send many Leaves so we can prove to Court that Dr Taitz has many Curious Friends, more than corrupt clerks at Supreme Court. Thank you and God Bless,An American Patriot
Edit: Not enough typos

everalm

Post by everalm » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:42 pm

Gotta add a few Vattels, some more CAPITALIZATION, an Our White House, a couple of Nazi/Commies and a soupcon of FEMA death camp.......... :mrgreen:

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:49 pm

And don't forget the Social Security Numbers!!!

I love the poorly educated!!!

I believe Anita Hill!

editorkorir

Post by editorkorir » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:53 pm

[link]local Georgia paper,the Ledger-Enquirer,http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2010/08/ ... inues.html[/link] gives Orly the brush off. Last year she was big news in Judge Land's courtroom. now she's just the "so called Birther attorney". The days when she stood on the courthouse steps are over.

Return to “Orly Taitz”