Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Gregg

Re: Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Post by Gregg »

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:25 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:18 pm Jeebus crap, can't they stop him??? He's still continuing (and escalating) this behavior. If we can't stop him, who can we stop?
A black guy with a broken tail light?
That can cause accidents though.

("accidental" shooting maybe, but still)
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:43 am Red (hat) is the new Black. :biggrin:
Red(hat) is the new Orange?
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

YES!!!!!!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Kendra wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:02 pm
Defense lawyer is declining our request for comment on development in Jan 6 case of Jeffrey Grace

Feds want to ban Grace from possessing firearms

Here's why ===>

(Feds give h/t
@SeditionHunters

)
Grace is a familiar face around. I'd like to know how he supports himself and manages to be at every RW event in the PNW.
Attachments
joeys fan boys 3.jpg
joeys fan boys 3.jpg (62.55 KiB) Viewed 1155 times
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Here's how Robert Reeder changed the topic when the FBI asked him why he said, on his own video, that he had done battle with the police. h/t
@alanfeuer

for liberating the 140 page transcript.
https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21A ... ot&o=OneUp
Don't miss the whole thread :roll:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Update — all six of the apparent #OathKeepers in this
@nytimes
Visual Investigation who guarded Roger Stone and entered the Capitol have been arrested:

№ 1 #DriverOK James
№ 2 #FlagOK Ulrich
№ 3 #LeatherOK Berry
№ 4 #SmurfOK Grods
№ 5 #SourOK Dolan
№ 6 #GogglesOK Minuta
Now can we do Roger Stone? :waiting:
filly

Post by filly »

Kendra,

Thank you for your diligent posting on these terrorists. I don't have a twitter account (although I do have a number of people bookmarked) and this helps me keep up on things.

:thumbsup:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

filly wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:42 am Kendra,

Thank you for your diligent posting on these terrorists. I don't have a twitter account (although I do have a number of people bookmarked) and this helps me keep up on things.

:thumbsup:
You are welcome, but LOL, I don't have a Twitter account either. I just have some names I can follow via web browser :bag: :faint:

Moar from Scott MacFarlane. I am so grateful to reporters like Scott and others who are staying on top of this, and yes - those 1/6 guys are terrorists. :mad:

Judges have allowed Jan 6 defendants to do the following while awaiting trial:

1) Multiple trips to Mexico (Cancun)
2) Attending wedding 100s of miles from home
3) Beach vacation in Alabama
4) Family trip to N. Carolina

Judge rejected

1) Classic car show trip in Arkansas
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Day after Trump's Ashli Babbitt statement...

Pelosi spokesperson:

"The former President’s threat against a U.S. Capitol Police officer is only the latest in a long line of vile Republican attacks on the officers who risked their lives to protect the U.S. Capitol on January 6"
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/fbi-arre ... 123f7e?15j
An Ohio man who was identified by online investigators in the aftermath of the Jan. 6 attack was arrested by the FBI on Thursday and charged with attacking law enforcement during a brutal siege on the western side of the U.S. Capitol Building.

Dave Mehaffie of Dayton, Ohio, was known to online investigators as #TunnelCommander because he was issuing orders to members of the mob who were attacking officers during a brutal battle at the lower western terrace entrance to the Capitol. Mehaffie was 86-AFO on the FBI’s Capitol wanted list, meaning he was wanted for assault on a federal officer.

A judge signed an arrest warrant for Mehaffie on Aug. 4 after he was indicted by a grand jury as part of an existing case.

Mehaffie was involved in one of the toughest battles of the Capitol siege. Members of the mob had stormed past police barriers and ascended the scaffolding set up for President Joe Biden’s inauguration on Jan. 20, and were attempting to break into the building. During the “medieval” battle, members of the pro-Trump mob kidnapped D.C. Metropolitan Police Officer Michael Fanone, who was repeatedly electroshocked. Rosanne Boyland, a pro-Trump member of the mob, was trampled during the brutal clash. The woman’s brother-in-law said that former President Donald Trump “incited a riot” that killed one of his “biggest fans.”
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

But here’s a real “holy shit” facial recognition moment: When one sleuth plugged in a photo of Dave Mehaffie from back in high school… it pulled up a photo of him at the Capitol decades later.
filly

Post by filly »

:rotflmao:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ted-cruz ... 0b0648?ei4
Not everybody who stormed the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 deserves criminal punishment, according to Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas).

“If an individual assaulted a police officer, they should spend a long, long time in jail,” Cruz told HuffPost.

“If, on the other hand, the Biden administration is targeting and persecuting people for exercising political speech that is nonviolent and simply expressing their peaceful support for a political party different from that in power, that is not the purpose of our criminal justice system,” he added.

The Justice Department has arrested more than 570 people in connection with the attack. Many of the defendants have been charged with low-level misdemeanors, like unlawful picketing.

But even if they didn’t punch a cop on Jan. 6, those who stormed the Capitol weren’t simply expressing their “peaceful support for a political party.” They believed lies about a stolen election and were convinced they had to “stop the steal” as heirs to the American Revolution.

Now some allies of former President Donald Trump are upset that protesters who didn’t assault police officers are being charged with misdemeanor offenses, the same type of charges they’d face had they been arrested at any protest inside the Capitol. Demonstrations are banned within the Capitol complex, and even an errant laugh during a congressional hearing can get you led out of the room in flex cuffs.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Damn it, Rep Cheney. I'm tempted to high five you.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:58 pm Damn it, Rep Cheney. I'm tempted to high five you.
No, you can't go over to the dark side :batting:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:58 pm Damn it, Rep Cheney. I'm tempted to high five you.
Me too.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

NEW: I’m told Steven Cappuccio is #stripesguy, and was 123-AFO on the FBI’s Capitol wanted list. He ripped off Officer Daniel Hodges’ mask during the tunnel attack.
somerset

Post by somerset »

Frater I*I wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:11 pm
But would she be welcome on the bright side? ;)
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

somerset wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:35 pm
Frater I*I wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:11 pm
But would she be welcome on the bright side? ;)
How about a polite nod from across the room?
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/nati ... 41233701ce
New indictment will add Federico Klein, two still-uncharged individuals, to Capitol tunnel assault case
Klein, a State Department appointee of former President Donald Trump, was previously charged individually. The other two individuals have yet to be charged.

WASHINGTON — The Justice Department plans to combine the cases against a State Department appointee of former President Donald Trump, six other defendants and two individuals who are expected to be charged soon in a new superseding indictment, according to a notice filed in federal court Thursday.

In what will be the fourth superseding indictment against at least some of the defendants, the DOJ says the evidence supports joining the cases against Federico Klein and “two presently uncharged subjects the government expects to be charged within 30 days” to those against six other men:

Patrick McCaughey III
Tristan Chandler Stevens
David Lee Judd
Christopher Joseph Quaglin
Robert Morss
Geoffrey William Sills
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Newly posted indictment expands Jan 6 case against former Trump Admin. appointee Federico Klein

Multiple charges of assaulting police officers, including DC police with a riot shield, series of other crimes too

This is a big case
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Nice story.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Arraignment scheduled for TODAY at 10:30am for newest defendant in sweeping Jan 6 conspiracy case involving alleged Oath Keepers

This is the group accused of plotting, planning, readying for action

The new case is Brian Ulrich of Georgia. I'll be covering and will update you
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:waiting:

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”