Free Republic

User avatar
Skip Intro
Posts: 3230
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:12 pm

Re: Free Republic

#4626

Post by Skip Intro » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:05 pm

For someone so good with maths, Slarti, you've missed the mark here. RimJob has made makes over a million dollars on his hate site every three years.
FIFY


In the Trump era anything is true if enough people believe it.

User avatar
Suranis
Posts: 16047
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:04 am

Re: Free Republic

#4627

Post by Suranis » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:22 pm

Nice lack of work if you can get it.


Irony can be pretty ironic sometimes.

User avatar
Slartibartfast
Posts: 6984
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:52 pm

Re: Free Republic

#4628

Post by Slartibartfast » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:23 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:
Flatpointhigh wrote: Most of them?
My understanding is that FR is a pretty lucrative scam. Even if his claims are inflated, he's probably made hundreds of thousands over the years.
For someone so good with maths, Slarti, you've missed the mark here. RimJob has made well over a million dollars on his hate site.
For someone so good with lawyering, :sterngard: , you've missed the mark here. I asserted my belief that FR is a lucrative scam, something that would be confirmed if the assertion you made without evidence is true, and then suggested that, if, as would be unsurprising, Rimjob's revenue numbers are exaggerated, his take was likely into six figures (with the first figure not being "1"). In the context of my conditional, I object to your assertion which assumes facts that are not in evidence and very unlikely to be true if, in fact, Rimjob's Freepathon income is not as large as he says it is.

I'm sure most people don't notice how throughly I qualify just about* everything I say, but it's probably* a bad idea to assume that you've caught me in a logical error unless you can prove** it.

* see what I mean. :towel:

** "Prove" being used in the mathematical sense of "shown to be unquestionably true".

Personally, I would not be surprised if RimJob is using every "trick" he can think of to increase the bottom line he posts on his website. It's certainly not like his accounting practices are in any way transparent.

:towel:


"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
---Sun Tzu (quoting Thomas Jefferson)
nam-myoho-renge-kyo---Thomas Jefferson (quoting Slartibartfast)

User avatar
Slartibartfast
Posts: 6984
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:52 pm

Re: Free Republic

#4629

Post by Slartibartfast » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:24 pm

Suranis wrote:Nice lack of work if you can get it.
Nah. It wouldn't be worth it to never feel clean again.


"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
---Sun Tzu (quoting Thomas Jefferson)
nam-myoho-renge-kyo---Thomas Jefferson (quoting Slartibartfast)

Lunaluz
Posts: 549
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:22 pm
Location: Seattle area
Occupation: Bean Counter for Boeing Commercial. You break it I find a way to fix it.

Re: Free Republic

#4630

Post by Lunaluz » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:03 pm

I ran across this thread on Free Republic and thought, good job on eating your young.

Apparently, the Freepers are introducing their progeny to the joys of Freeping... ConservaTeen started a thread urging the conservatives to try reaching out to young people. He thinks being gay is wrong, but still has friends that are gay and has no problem with them. His dad appears on the thread trying to assist him in making his point about outreach, and he gets some mean comments. Dad's freep handle is Deplorable American1776. Some defend the teenager, many condemn and one actually called for the kid to err " Ride the Lightning". Poor kid was homeschooled too. They all seemed to miss the point of outreach to bolster their
cause.
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-new ... =1&;page=1



User avatar
Dolly
Posts: 12611
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:32 pm

Re: Free Republic

#4631

Post by Dolly » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:47 am

Trump: 'Take the guns first, go through due process second'
The Hill ^
Posted on 2/28/2018, 2:10:16 PM by RevelationDavid

Edited on 2/28/2018, 2:25:41 PM by Admin Moderator. [history]
President Trump on Wednesday voiced support for confiscating guns from certain individuals deemed to be dangerous, even if it violates due process rights.

“I like taking the guns early, like in this crazy man’s case that just took place in Florida ... to go to court would have taken a long time,” Trump said at a meeting with lawmakers on school safety and gun violence.

“Take the guns first, go through due process second,” Trump said.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... ess-second
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-new ... &;page=1#1

329 comments so far. I didn't read all of them. from Page 1:
Yes I know all the obvious problems with this, but does anyone not wish they had seized that crazy kid’s guns? Seems to me that should not have violated due process. Insane and death threats to shoot up a school should equal arrest and take his guns.
President Trump, you are wrong!!! IS THIS A JOKE?
page with comments 321-329
Freepers made their bed.

Now they gotta sleep in it.

Advance warning was given early and often.
Kind of funny how folks say so many should have taken positive action against the shooter now find reason to say that positive action that would have stopped the shootings is illegal/unconstitutional - irony at its very finest.
The law is an ass and it was made so by those who think the mentally ill should walk among us and be ignored because it's illegal to harass them by detaining them for more than very short periods if they are capable of saying "I don't want to be her"....


Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

User avatar
Notorial Dissent
Posts: 10867
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:21 pm

Re: Free Republic

#4632

Post by Notorial Dissent » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:54 am

Their heads must be exploding. :rotflmao:


The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

User avatar
Northland10
Posts: 7213
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:19 am
Location: Chicago area - North burbs

Re: Free Republic

#4633

Post by Northland10 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:58 am

Notorial Dissent wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:54 am
Their heads must be exploding. :rotflmao:
Lucky for them, in a few days or hours, Trump will say the exact opposite, and they will forget it ever happened.


North-land: of the family 10
UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

Post Reply

Return to “Miscellaneous”