Free Republic

Skip Intro

Re: Free Republic

Post by Skip Intro » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:05 pm

For someone so good with maths, Slarti, you've missed the mark here. RimJob has made makes over a million dollars on his hate site every three years.
FIFY
In the Trump era anything is true if enough people believe it.

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:22 pm

Nice lack of work if you can get it.
Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:23 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:
Flatpointhigh wrote: Most of them?
My understanding is that FR is a pretty lucrative scam. Even if his claims are inflated, he's probably made hundreds of thousands over the years.
For someone so good with maths, Slarti, you've missed the mark here. RimJob has made well over a million dollars on his hate site.
For someone so good with lawyering, :sterngard: , you've missed the mark here. I asserted my belief that FR is a lucrative scam, something that would be confirmed if the assertion you made without evidence is true, and then suggested that, if, as would be unsurprising, Rimjob's revenue numbers are exaggerated, his take was likely into six figures (with the first figure not being "1"). In the context of my conditional, I object to your assertion which assumes facts that are not in evidence and very unlikely to be true if, in fact, Rimjob's Freepathon income is not as large as he says it is.

I'm sure most people don't notice how throughly I qualify just about* everything I say, but it's probably* a bad idea to assume that you've caught me in a logical error unless you can prove** it.

* see what I mean. :towel:

** "Prove" being used in the mathematical sense of "shown to be unquestionably true".

Personally, I would not be surprised if RimJob is using every "trick" he can think of to increase the bottom line he posts on his website. It's certainly not like his accounting practices are in any way transparent.

:towel:
"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
---Sun Tzu (quoting Thomas Jefferson)
nam-myoho-renge-kyo---Thomas Jefferson (quoting Slartibartfast)

Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:24 pm

Suranis wrote:Nice lack of work if you can get it.
Nah. It wouldn't be worth it to never feel clean again.
"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
---Sun Tzu (quoting Thomas Jefferson)
nam-myoho-renge-kyo---Thomas Jefferson (quoting Slartibartfast)

Lunaluz
Occupation: Bean Counter for Boeing Commercial. You break it I find a way to fix it.

Post by Lunaluz » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:03 pm

I ran across this thread on Free Republic and thought, good job on eating your young.

Apparently, the Freepers are introducing their progeny to the joys of Freeping... ConservaTeen started a thread urging the conservatives to try reaching out to young people. He thinks being gay is wrong, but still has friends that are gay and has no problem with them. His dad appears on the thread trying to assist him in making his point about outreach, and he gets some mean comments. Dad's freep handle is Deplorable American1776. Some defend the teenager, many condemn and one actually called for the kid to err " Ride the Lightning". Poor kid was homeschooled too. They all seemed to miss the point of outreach to bolster their
cause.
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-new ... =1&;page=1

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:47 am

Trump: 'Take the guns first, go through due process second'
The Hill ^
Posted on 2/28/2018, 2:10:16 PM by RevelationDavid

Edited on 2/28/2018, 2:25:41 PM by Admin Moderator. [history]
President Trump on Wednesday voiced support for confiscating guns from certain individuals deemed to be dangerous, even if it violates due process rights.

“I like taking the guns early, like in this crazy man’s case that just took place in Florida ... to go to court would have taken a long time,” Trump said at a meeting with lawmakers on school safety and gun violence.

“Take the guns first, go through due process second,” Trump said.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... ess-second
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-new ... &;page=1#1

329 comments so far. I didn't read all of them. from Page 1:
Yes I know all the obvious problems with this, but does anyone not wish they had seized that crazy kid’s guns? Seems to me that should not have violated due process. Insane and death threats to shoot up a school should equal arrest and take his guns.
President Trump, you are wrong!!! IS THIS A JOKE?
page with comments 321-329
Freepers made their bed.

Now they gotta sleep in it.

Advance warning was given early and often.
Kind of funny how folks say so many should have taken positive action against the shooter now find reason to say that positive action that would have stopped the shootings is illegal/unconstitutional - irony at its very finest.
The law is an ass and it was made so by those who think the mentally ill should walk among us and be ignored because it's illegal to harass them by detaining them for more than very short periods if they are capable of saying "I don't want to be her"....
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:54 am

Their heads must be exploding. :rotflmao:
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:58 am

Notorial Dissent wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:54 am
Their heads must be exploding. :rotflmao:
Lucky for them, in a few days or hours, Trump will say the exact opposite, and they will forget it ever happened.
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:50 pm

Reminder: No profanity, no racism, no personal attacks, no threats, no violence, etc.
by Jim Robinson
Posted on 12/18/2018, 2:11:53 PM by Jim Robinson

Some of this is starting to creep into our forum again, hence the reminder.

Debate the issues all you want, but please don't make it personal. Keep it clean, above board and above belt.

Also, whether pro or con, keep the q stuff off our regular forum threads. Post it on the q thread in chat/conspiracy. But again, keep it clean, don't make it personal, no name calling, no attacks, no threats, no violence.

Don't be a TROLL. Stay on topic, don't flame, don't engage in flamewars, feuds, cross-thread arguments, stalking or harassment.

If you don't like the subject or topic of the thread to the point you become abusive or trollish, stay off it.

The rules also apply to FReepmail. Do not send profane, insulting, threatening, harassing or otherwise unwanted or abusive messages.

If someone says stop, stop.

Do not harass or pester the mods.

Thanks

TOPICS: Breaking News; Culture/Society; Free Republic; News/Current Events
KEYWORDS: qanon; rulesoftheroad; sockmonkey; thanksjimrob; thankyou

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3713751/posts

ETA: there are 43 comments. Just noticed that "sockmonkey" is a user name.
To: Jim Robinson
Does this apply to keywords, too? Any “bring our guys home from Syria” posts get PutinsButtBoy AssadsAssKisser, etc in the keywords & it makes it look like FR is inhabited by 10 year olds.

10 posted on 12/18/2018, 2:19:57 PM by sockmonkey (I am an America First, not Israel First FReeper.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]
To: sockmonkey
It applies everywhere on FR.

20 posted on 12/18/2018, 2:25:54 PM by Jim Robinson (Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:27 pm

Weren't a lot of their members old birthers who love that DOS look of FR? Wish there was a tool to automatically move them to the #DeadBirthers topic when they go to the big Birth Certificate Repository in the sky. Amazing that place is still there, it and its members are relics of a soon to be forgotten stain on America. :wave:
Don't miss Fogbow's favorite show starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: From Not To Hot: "The Road To Intervention"

Dr. Caligari

Post by Dr. Caligari » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:50 pm

Orlylicious wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:27 pm
Weren't a lot of their members old birthers who love that DOS look of FR? Wish there was a tool to automatically move them to the #DeadBirthers topic when they go to the big Birth Certificate Repository in the sky. Amazing that place is still there, it and its members are relics of a soon to be forgotten stain on America. :wave:
It's actually a much worse place now than it was then. In 2016, after originally being a Ted Cruz supporter, JimRob went all in for Trump and banned all the never-Trumpers. So most of the traditional conservatives are gone, and only the deplorables are left.
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Law

Lunaluz
Occupation: Bean Counter for Boeing Commercial. You break it I find a way to fix it.

Post by Lunaluz » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:28 pm

Ahhh the delicious Freeper Tears, bitterness and anger....... 885 posts on that thread.

Trump has really shaken the mob of nuts on Free Republic over the temporary opening of the government.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-new ... =1&;page=1

:snippity: To: Reno89519
Trump gave as good as a fight as anybody ever did. He has my respect forever. But this is a surrender. Wrap it up, and stick a fork in it. Trump’s term as an effective president is over. They know they can beat him, so they’ll never deal with him.

95 posted on 1/25/2019, 11:05:00 AM by Repealthe17thAmendment
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 58 | View Replies] :snippity:

:snippity: To: gleeaikin
We need a wall from sea to sea.

I’m not settling for excuses, and nobody else I know is.

We expect a wall, and we better get one.

792 posted on 1/25/2019, 1:50:55 PM by DoughtyOne (01/26/18 DJIA 30 stocks $26,616.71 48.794% > open 11/07/16 $215.71 from 50% increase in 1.2183 yrs)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 788 | View Replies] :snippity:

Off to the Qanon thread for more reaction!!!

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:40 am

posting for some of the comments on this thread:
Trump plans to use $8 billion to fund border wall, source says
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump- ... ource-says ^ | 2/14/19 | Fox News
Posted on 2/14/2019, 8:29:36 PM by Blogger

President Trump will take dramatic actions to fund his long-promised border wall and declare a national emergency, which will enable his administration to move $8 billion from various federal agencies to fund the project, a senior administration official told Fox News late Thursday.

The news comes as Trump is expected to sign a House border security package that provides $1.4 billion for the project, which is far below the $5.7 billion Trump insisted he needed and would finance just a quarter of the 200-plus miles he wanted.

Sarah Sanders, the White House press secretary, said earlier today that Trump will sign the spending bill and declare a national emergency at the same time tomorrow morning.

The White House said he’d sign the legislation but act unilaterally to get more, prompting condemnations from Democrats and threats of lawsuits from states and others who might lose federal money or said Trump was abusing his authority.
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3727920/posts
To: Blogger
With the bill he’ll sign tomorrow, why waste money on a wall?

4 posted on 2/14/2019, 8:33:48 PM by Black Agnes
why sign the bill? why sign all the crap in it that allows illegals to keep coming and abusing our system and harming US Citizens and the country?

12 posted on 2/14/2019, 8:47:19 PM by b4me (God Bless the USA)
To: Black Agnes
I saw the details in the spending bill on line forget where but it is a disaster. It provides billions to assist migrants and illegals crossing the border. It limits funds to ICE so ICE agents will be unable to prosecute illegals already in-country. It is a horror. It’s a huge poison pill. You are correct. With all of that in the bill what sense does a wall make?

16 posted on 2/14/2019, 9:07:11 PM by 4Runner
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]
What’s the point anymore? With this spending bill, it gives amnesty and makes it easier to get in without even needing to jump the border.

Now, it’s just theater. The invasion is still happening. Nothing is stopping it...wall or not.

18 posted on 2/14/2019, 9:10:46 PM by david1292
To: david1292
You can vote along with all others posting here on FR tonight for someone other than Trump in 2020.
I’m voting Trump in 2020.

20 posted on 2/14/2019, 9:12:06 PM by marajade (Skywalker)
To: 4Runner
“With all of that in the bill what sense does a wall make?”

A pyrrhic victory to rub in conservative faces.
That’s all.
We’ve been had.

21 posted on 2/14/2019, 9:13:58 PM by Black Agnes
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]
To: caltaxed
You sure couldn’t tell it on FR tonight. You would have thought the sky was falling.

I’m team Trump in 2020. I can’t believe the number of posters posting in this forum tonight who are claiming they refuse to vote Trump in 2020 over this issue.

30 posted on 2/14/2019, 9:35:37 PM by marajade (Skywalker)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 28 | View Replies]
To: CurlyDave
Do elections even matter? It’s become incredibly obvious that most of the GOP has absolutely no intention of slowing the flood of immigration.

Even when the GOP controls the government, the liberals ultimately win.

33 posted on 2/14/2019, 9:42:10 PM by david1292
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 31 | View Replies]
To: CurlyDave
there in a third option. Trump tells the court they have no standing. The federal court gives congress the authority to override an emergency declaration, not the court. You can’t manage emergencies by judicial fiat of 1-3 judges. And wait for appeals and so forth.` Any suit with congress involved should be automatically rejected anyway since congress has the power to stop the declaration.

34 posted on 2/14/2019, 9:45:54 PM by morphing libertarian (Use Comey's Report; Indict Hillary now; build Kate's wall. --- Proud Smelly Walmart Deplorable)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 31 | View Replies]
To: marajade; david1292
"You can vote along with all others posting here on FR tonight for someone other than Trump in 2020."

You turd polishers always try to make those who are unhappy with any decision into #NeverTrumpers, grow up.

By the way Coulter predicted this and she got more grief from Freepers than Obama did. I have voted against someone in every election since Ike, until Reagan then Trump. I doubt I will ever vote for another presidential candidate but if I live long enough I will vote for Trump.

If this bill does half bad things it looks like it will do then it won't matter anymore, we will never have another Republican President.
45 posted on 2/14/2019, 10:01:04 PM by itsahoot (Welcome to the New USA where Islam is a religion of peace and Christianity is a mental disorder.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 20 | View Replies]

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:36 am

Oh crap - I don't know about these stupid people. Thanks. :sarcasm:

Return to “Miscellaneous”