Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Hijack This Thread

bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Hijack This Thread

Post by bill_g »

One of those pictures that needs a place to hang.

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Hijack This Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

now we just need a toddler playing in the street....
MsDaisy
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by MsDaisy »

RTH10260 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:25 am now we just need a toddler playing in the street....
:yeahthat: :splat:
Chilidog

Hijack This Thread

Post by Chilidog »

grrrr

(Brrr)

it’s 13 degrees out this morning and the flame sensor on my furnace decides to crap out

amazon won’t have a new one here till sometime this evening
AndyinPA
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by AndyinPA »

Yikes!
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Phoenix520
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Phoenix520 »

Here’s an instance where Hurrah for Amazon is appropriate. You
don’t have to wait 5 days for a service call and another 5 for them to order the part.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Hijack This Thread

Post by neonzx »

Chilidog wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:22 am grrrr

(Brrr)

it’s 13 degrees out this morning and the flame sensor on my furnace decides to crap out

Consider putting in a wood burning stove. Toasty warm!
pipistrelle

Hijack This Thread

Post by pipistrelle »

(Brrr)

They have same-day delivery? I thought that died.

And...brrr.
Chilidog

Hijack This Thread

Post by Chilidog »

pipistrelle wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:29 pm

(Brrr)

They have same-day delivery? I thought that died.

And...brrr.
i managed to get the furnace to stay lit, though it’s still throwing up the error code green rapid flash, red slow flash

the part will be here tonight it’s a 1 minute swap out, once the furnace has cooled off
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Hijack This Thread

Post by Maybenaut »

neonzx wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:07 pm

(Brrr)

Can confirm. We get power outages here fairly frequently that can last for hours. We always supplement with the wood stove, but when the power’s out we shut all the doors to trap the heat in the living room. And we can cook on it if we have to. :P
Attachments
601BB05E-F258-412E-8C84-86EB10275A8F.jpeg
601BB05E-F258-412E-8C84-86EB10275A8F.jpeg (66.41 KiB) Viewed 617 times
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
MsDaisy
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by MsDaisy »

Maybenaut wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:05 pm
neonzx wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:07 pm
Chilidog wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:22 am
Can confirm. We get power outages here fairly frequently that can last for hours. We always supplement with the wood stove, but when the power’s out we shut all the doors to trap the heat in the living room. And we can cook on it if we have to. :P
Yep, we haz two wood stoves, one in the sitting room and one in the library fireplaces and we have lots of power outages out here in BFE Virginia. Plus they really save us from going broke running the heat pumps in this drafty old 200+ year old house
MsDaisy
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by MsDaisy »

My youngest son and very successful businessman just called me up to tell me he was probably going to die soon and just wanted to let me know. He said he'd gone to (what we call) a "Doc-in-the-Box", otherwise known as a walk in clinic because he had a sore throat and they told him he had high blood pressure of 185/105. He is a workaholic and always has been, and he's very good at what he does. He's an artist and employs a bunch of other artists who design all these crazy car wraps you see all over the roads and he also employs a bunch of other guys to do the printing of all the materials as well as those who do the actual wrapping.

I told him he wasn't going to die, that they do have medications for high BP. He said he was sure he would and that I'd probably out live him, being a healthy old person with normally low blood pressure. :oldlady: Such a goober. I told my Mr. (a retired PCP) to call the kid and talk to him... :lol:
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Hijack This Thread

Post by neonzx »

MsDaisy wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:04 pm My youngest son and very successful businessman just called me up to tell me he was probably going to die soon and just wanted to let me know. He said he'd gone to (what we call) a "Doc-in-the-Box", otherwise known as a walk in clinic because he had a sore throat and they told him he had high blood pressure of 185/105. He is a workaholic and always has been, and he's very good at what he does. He's an artist and employs a bunch of other artists who design all these crazy car wraps you see all over the roads and he also employs a bunch of other guys to do the printing of all the materials as well as those who do the actual wrapping.

I told him he wasn't going to die, that they do have medications for high BP. He said he was sure he would and that I'd probably out live him, being a healthy old person with normally low blood pressure. :oldlady: Such a goober. I told my Mr. (a retired PCP) to call the kid and talk to him... :lol:
Okay, this sounds like a really weird phone call.

First, your son is not dying (unless he failed to disclose something to you).

You say he is running a very successful business, but sounds like he's pushing himself too hard (type A personality?).

I assume he has good health insurance so why a trip to a walk-in clinic? Does he not have a primary care physician?

The BP is not horrible, but is a concern. And without a full set of disagnostic tests, nobody can just point at the BP-- oh there is the problem.

Sure, there may required medication, but pills don't solve everything. He may need to incorporate lifestyle and diet changes.

But anyway, again, that sounds like a weird phone call. Is he a hypochondriac-- one of these people who spend too much time self-diagnosing on WedMD, etc?

Good luck on your Mr. talking some sense into the boy.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Phoenix520 »

Tell your son to take his medicine! I ignored a doctor when he told me to do something about it and then I had a stroke. Now I wouldn’t be without the meds. It took a few months to adjust but 15 years on my bp is 130/76.

Also, do you mean wraps like this?
This was on mr’s ‘57 Volvo. It’s a Ukrainian designer’s idea of what an iguana looks like. He’d never seen one.
F3147110-8216-4C17-BB2B-8A9803916988.jpeg
F3147110-8216-4C17-BB2B-8A9803916988.jpeg (122.59 KiB) Viewed 520 times
Volkonski
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Volkonski »

There are wonderful medicines for controlling high blood pressure now. I have been taking 3 of them for years and have the blood pressure of an 18 year old athlete. :thumbsup:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
MsDaisy
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by MsDaisy »

neonzx wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:51 pm
Okay, this sounds like a really weird phone call.

First, your son is not dying (unless he failed to disclose something to you).

You say he is running a very successful business, but sounds like he's pushing himself too hard (type A personality?).

I assume he has good health insurance so why a trip to a walk-in clinic? Does he not have a primary care physician?

The BP is not horrible, but is a concern. And without a full set of disagnostic tests, nobody can just point at the BP-- oh there is the problem.

Sure, there may required medication, but pills don't solve everything. He may need to incorporate lifestyle and diet changes.

But anyway, again, that sounds like a weird phone call. Is he a hypochondriac-- one of these people who spend too much time self-diagnosing on WedMD, etc?

Good luck on your Mr. talking some sense into the boy.
:lol: He knows he's not dying, he's actually quite funny about it all. In his entire adult life this is the third time he's ever really complained about anything, the first time was hemorrhoids and the second time was a broken foot. He does work very hard, but his business partner/wife works even harder, she's the bomb! He sits at his computer working with clients on what they want, she literally does or manages pretty much everything else. My job in the family is to be at her disposal in picking up, dropping off, or tending to the grandkids. :oldlady:

He does have a PCP but you have to make appointments for that, quicker just to go to a walk-in and it's still covered on his insurance.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Hijack This Thread

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Sounds to me like son wanted to be comforted by Mama Daisy. Even though he logically knew that stuff, he passed an "old age" mile marker and needed his mama. :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Kriselda Gray »

MsDaisy wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:04 pm I told him he wasn't going to die, that they do have medications for high BP. He said he was sure he would and that I'd probably out live him, being a healthy old person with normally low blood pressure. :oldlady: Such a goober. I told my Mr. (a retired PCP) to call the kid and talk to him... :lol:
I hope Mr. Gets through to him! Good luck! :bighug:
MsDaisy
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by MsDaisy »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:26 am Sounds to me like son wanted to be comforted by Mama Daisy. Even though he logically knew that stuff, he passed an "old age" mile marker and needed his mama. :biggrin:
LOL! Of the two he was always the biggest mama's boy :lovestruck:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Phoenix520 »

Went to the honey baked ham store in Pasadena today to get ham and turkey. Although we pre-ordered on the website you don’t pay until they weigh it.

The last two years they had it set up for drive thru due to COVID. This year not, and the line was over 1block/1hour long. I don’t think anyone minded. It was a beautiful day.

The group I stood with included 2 people who personally know the winner of the $2billion Powerball jackpot. She’s a neighborhood gal.

I guess that’s as close to a jackpot as I’ll ever be. 🤓
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Hijack This Thread

Post by Foggy »

Q. Why did the wise men bring frankincense and myrrh?

A. They were men. By the time they got around to Christmas shopping, that's all that was left on the shelves.

I do sexist jokes about wimmin, too also. But I'm a woke guy, so it's okay.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Sam the Centipede

Hijack This Thread

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Foggy wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:08 am Q. Why did the wise men bring frankincense and myrrh?

A. They were men. By the time they got around to Christmas shopping, that's all that was left on the shelves.

I do sexist jokes about wimmin, too also.
But I'm a woke guy, so it's okay.
I think the correct terminology is "I identify as a woke guy." ;)
Edit: Predictive mistypoing
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Hijack This Thread

Post by Greatgrey »

RTH10260 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:25 am now we just need a toddler playing in the street....
I’m old enuf to remember when Sharon Meroni declared that toddlers never shoot anyone.
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Volkonski
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Volkonski »

I've seen "The Mousetrap" in London 3 times. :biggrin: No, I am not going to give away the ending. ;)

The Mousetrap: Agatha Christie's West End hit heads to Broadway after 70 years

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-63744907
The world's longest-running play, The Mousetrap, which marks its 70th anniversary on Friday, is to open on Broadway for the first time next year.

Agatha Christie's whodunit premiered on 25 November 1952 in Nottingham's Theatre Royal. She initially thought it might run for only eight months.

But it has since become a West End fixture, being performed almost 29,000 times and seen by 10 million people.

The show has been staged in the US before, but never on Broadway.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
AndyinPA
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by AndyinPA »

:thumbsup:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler

Return to “General Stuff”