Larry Klayman

Grumpy Old Guy

Re: Larry Klayman

Post by Grumpy Old Guy » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:21 pm

1215? Shirley his ancestors have owned it since the flood.

bob

Post by bob » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:34 pm

And:

TL;DRW.

YOU GET AN INDICTMENT! AND YOU GET AN INDICTMENT! EVERYBODY GETS AN INDICTMENT!

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:49 pm

bob wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:34 pm

And:

TL;DRW.

YOU GET AN INDICTMENT! AND YOU GET AN INDICTMENT! EVERYBODY GETS AN INDICTMENT!
Yeah, but can you, or anyone dance to it?? :bunny:

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:28 pm

He loves to use the "Formal Federal Prosecutor" title, but he actually only worked there from 1979-81, as best as I can tell (according to an LA Times Article from 1998)

This is consistent with an article by him from NewsMax.
On July 29, 1994, I founded Judicial Watch to police judges, after 17 years of toiling in the legal profession, having spent a few years as an associate with a prestigious Miami, Florida, litigation law firm, moving after that to the Antitrust Division of the U.S. Department of Justice as a trial attorney serving on the team which broke up AT&T and creating competition in the telecommunications industry, and then as a senior lawyer with an international trade law firm. In 1983, I left to start my own legal practice in Washington, D.C.
He mentions he was with a Miami firm (Blackwell, Walker Gray, Powers, Flick and Hoehl) for a few years. That seems about right according to an article he published back in 1978:

United States International Trade Commission: Co-Equal of the FTC in Regulating Unfair Methods of Competition
* J.D., University Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels and Emory University; A.B., Vanderbilt-in-France, Aix-en-Provence, and Duke University; Certificat d'Attendance; Hague Academy of International Law (1975). Intern, summer 1976, winter 1977, U.S.I.T.C., Office of the General
Counsel, Washington, D.C. Mr. Klayman is a member of The Florida Bar and is associated with the Miami firm of Blackwell, Walker Gray, Powers, Flick and Hoehl.
So, it would appear his time at the antitrust division (assuming that is correct), would only be about 2 years. He still thinks it makes him an important person.
Edit: The DC Bar shows his membership as starting in Dec 1980, so that leaves him with just about a year at the DOJ.

North-land: of the family 10
UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

BBFlatt

Post by BBFlatt » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:48 pm

If Klayman was working on the breakup of AT&T, which was a civil matter and IIRC never went to trial, is it correct to claim he was a "Prosecutor"? In my mind that appellation is applicable to those who toil in the Criminal Division of the DOJ.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:57 pm

He still thinks he's a real lawyer too, to go along with his delusion of being a meaningful individual.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

bob

Post by bob » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:02 pm

Northland10 wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:28 pm
The DC Bar shows his membership as starting in Dec 1980, so that leaves him with just about a year at the DOJ.
A federal lawyer doesn't need to be barred in DC; Klayman could have worked at the USDOJ on just his Pennsylvania (or Florida) license.

BBFlatt wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:48 pm
If Klayman was working on the breakup of AT&T, which was a civil matter and IIRC never went to trial, is it correct to claim he was a "Prosecutor"?
A fair point, but "Assistant U.S. Attorney" and "federal prosecutor" are fairly synonymous -- even if said AUSA never worked a criminal case.

It is akin to attorneys who use "Dr." as a title; arguably accurate, but nonetheless tacky.

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:05 pm

I fully intend to start using "Dr." as a title (at least occasionally) in approximately 4 years.

"I don't give a fuck whether we're peers or not."
--Lord Thomas Henry Bingham to Boris Johnson, on being asked whether he would miss being in "the best club in London" if the Law Lords moved from Parliament to a Supreme Court.

Lani

Post by Lani » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:16 pm

I was referred to as Dr. when I taught lectured in an Australian law school. I was initially surprised, but became rather fond of it.

Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:23 pm

European attitude and they are VERY serious about it.

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:30 pm

Notorial Dissent wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:23 pm
European attitude and they are VERY serious about it.
Indeed. I learned that when I started my LLM program. I'm not going to forget it now that I'm starting the PhD.

"I don't give a fuck whether we're peers or not."
--Lord Thomas Henry Bingham to Boris Johnson, on being asked whether he would miss being in "the best club in London" if the Law Lords moved from Parliament to a Supreme Court.

bob

Post by bob » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:39 pm

WND: Sessions on life support as attorney general:
Exclusive: Larry Klayman frustrated by attempts to garner justice from Trump appointee

A few days after former Sen. Jeff Beauregard Sessions was confirmed as attorney general of the United States, I called him on his cellphone. The reason? I wanted to ask him to investigate the apparent wiretapping of Trump Tower by Obama’s Deep State intelligence agencies and the FBI, run at the time by Director of Central Intelligence John Brennan, Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, Director of the National Security Michael Hayden and, last but hardly least, FBI Director James Comey.

Comey in particular was my focus, as a whistleblower client and I – with the help of the Honorable Royce Lamberth, the only judge I trusted on the federal bench – had gone to Comey through his general counsel, James Baker. Lamberth had worked with Baker in the past, with hard evidence that Brennan and Clapper had been unconstitutionally and illegally “wiretapping” President Donald J. Trump for years, along with Supreme Court justices, other judges, prominent businessmen and anyone like yours truly who challenged the Obama administration and federal abuse of power in general.

Earlier, Freedom Watch and I had sued these agencies and their heads over this unconstitutional surveillance and won two preliminary injunctions enjoining this violation of the Fourth Amendment. The Honorable Richard J. Leon, Lamberth’s fellow judge on the D.C. federal bench, ruled this conduct was “almost Orwellian.” These rulings gave rise to Congress passing the USA Freedom Act, which was designed to permanently stop this, although it is clear the Obama intelligence agencies and the FBI continued their lawless spying, at least on Trump, his family and associates.

When I asked then-Attorney General Sessions to investigate the Trump Tower wiretaps and inquire why then-FBI Director Comey had apparently buried the investigation of widespread surveillance illegality, he assured me that our alma mater, the U.S. Department of Justice, would do this. However, he added that since he had recused himself from the Russia collusion investigation, he would put me in contact with Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein once he was confirmed by the U.S. Senate.

During our conversation, I also asked Sessions to do an independent evaluation of the Obama Justice Department’s prosecution of Cliven Bundy, his sons and scores of other peaceful protesters who, exercising their First and Second Amendment rights, had successfully stood down agents of the Bureau of Land Management and FBI in April 2014 at the Bunkerville ranch in Nevada.

As legal counsel for Cliven Bundy, I told Sessions I was convinced the prosecution was politically motivated by Obama and his Attorney General Loretta Lynch.

Obama had revealed his hand at a White House Correspondents Dinner, when he effectively had threatened Bundy for his having equated his and his family’s plight with that of the “negro” in the old South. Obama made specific reference to, and derisively mocked, Cliven’s use of the word “negro.” . . .

In response, Sessions assured me he would look into the then-ongoing Bundy prosecution, not coincidentally being presided over in Las Vegas federal court by the handpicked judge of former Sen. Harry Reid and then appointed by Obama himself. This compromised jurist, Gloria Navarro, had done everything to assure that Cliven Bundy, his sons and their supporters would be convicted, as apparent payback to her benefactor, Reid, who had labeled them as “domestic terrorists.”

Sessions added that his review of the Bundy prosecution would be unbiased and neutral, and that he would, while meeting with me, also invite the federal prosecutors in the U.S. attorney’s office in Las Vegas to “sit at the table” and “explain” the basis for the indictments. He then told me one of his staff would be in contact with me in “the next few days” to work out with me the procedure for this review.

However, I never could connect with Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein after his confirmation, and Session never carried through with his commitment to me to review the Bundy prosecution, despite my constant correspondence with his office to push this along. With regard to the latter, the Bundy prosecutions carried on with Sessions even praising the supposed courage, honesty and commitment to public service of the federal prosecutors, but then saying – in his patented cowardly fashion – that he was not taking sides.

When this happened, after I again wrote to Sessions asking that he review the blatant misconduct of his prosecutors, he issued a press release finally promising to do so. But this, too, did not happen, and these same prosecutors recently filed a notice of appeal of the Navarro dismissals.
Clearly, Sessions' biggest crime is ... blowing Klayman off:
The attorney general is on life support, as his days as the nation’s top law enforcement official are numbered. Frankly, notwithstanding his imminent firing or, more likely, forced resignation, I intend to have him indicted for obstruction of justice and violating his sworn oath of office in Freedom Watch’s citizens grand juries that will commence shortly.
I see we're back to "shortly." (Should I uncircle "on or about September 25th"?)

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:57 pm

bob wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:39 pm
WND: ]Sessions on life support as attorney general:
A few days after former Sen. Jeff Beauregard Sessions was confirmed as attorney general of the United States, I called him on his cellphone. The reason? I wanted to ask him to investigate the apparent wiretapping of Trump Tower by Obama’s Deep State intelligence agencies and the FBI, run at the time by Director of Central Intelligence John Brennan, Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, Director of the National Security Michael Hayden and, last but hardly least, FBI Director James Comey.
:snippity:
When I asked then-Attorney General Sessions to investigate the Trump Tower wiretaps and inquire why then-FBI Director Comey had apparently buried the investigation of widespread surveillance illegality, he assured me that our alma mater, the U.S. Department of Justice, would do this. However, he added that since he had recused himself from the Russia collusion investigation, he would put me in contact with Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein once he was confirmed by the U.S. Senate.
He was confirmed on 8 February and announced he was recusing himself on 2 March. A few days after 8 February is not 2 March.

Somebody's timing is not quite right.

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:01 pm

bob wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:02 pm
Northland10 wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:28 pm
The DC Bar shows his membership as starting in Dec 1980, so that leaves him with just about a year at the DOJ.
A federal lawyer doesn't need to be barred in DC; Klayman could have worked at the USDOJ on just his Pennsylvania (or Florida) license.
I guess that puts us back to 1979, as long as a "few" years with the Miami firm really means 2 years.

bob

Post by bob » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:02 pm

Northland10 wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:57 pm
He was confirmed on 8 February and announced he was recusing himself on 2 March. A few days after 8 February is not 2 March.

When Klayman first told the tale of his congratulatory phone call to Sessions, Klayman inquired only about the Bundys.

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:05 pm

bob wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:02 pm
Northland10 wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:57 pm

When Klayman first told the tale of his congratulatory phone call to Sessions, Klayman inquired only about the Bundys.
What What What? Are you stating his story may have changed? :swoon:

Whip

Post by Whip » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:09 pm

years of toiling in the legal profession
so he's never founded judicial watch yet? (see what I did there?)

realist

Post by realist » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:44 am

The attorney general is on life support, as his days as the nation’s top law enforcement official are numbered. Frankly, notwithstanding his imminent firing or, more likely, forced resignation, I intend to have him indicted for obstruction of justice and violating his sworn oath of office in Freedom Watch’s citizens grand juries that will commence shortly.
I certainly hope he carries those out in Florida. And follows Trussell’s blueprint of actually filing them as real instruments. :pray:

ImageX 4 ImageX36

bob

Post by bob » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:27 pm

realist wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:44 am
Klayman wrote:I intend to have him indicted for obstruction of justice and violating his sworn oath of office in Freedom Watch’s citizens grand juries that will commence shortly.
I certainly hope he carries those out in Florida. And follows Trussell’s blueprint of actually filing them as real instruments. :pray:
Klayman did "indict" Obama in Florida. But, for this latest endeavour, he said it would take place in Dallas ("and elsewhere"). But Klayman may have scrapped those plans.

realist

Post by realist » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:33 am

bob wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:27 pm
realist wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:44 am
Klayman wrote:I intend to have him indicted for obstruction of justice and violating his sworn oath of office in Freedom Watch’s citizens grand juries that will commence shortly.
Klayman did "indict" Obama in Florida. But, for this latest endeavour, he said it would take place in Dallas ("and elsewhere"). But Klayman may have scrapped those plans.
Indeed, I now remember that.

He also, however, states that this time around he was going to carry through with subpoena, trial (and after the guilty verdicts) arrest and (I suppose) imprison them. Somehow.

Now THAT attempt I would love to see. Of course Klayman would never attempt that himself but ...

ImageX 4 ImageX36

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:20 am

Since most all of that requires actual follow through, and since we are talking about GIL, I'm not expecting much if anything.

Michael J

Post by Michael J » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:03 am

All I expect from GIL are useless filings to support his grifting.

"The genius of the Constitution rests not in any static meaning it might have had in a world dead and gone, but in the adaptability of its great principles to cope with current problems and current needs." - Justice William J. Brennan, Jr.

bob

Post by bob » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:35 pm

The motion to dismiss in [Klayman v. Antifa] is still on next week's calendar.

My WAG is the court is going to let Klayman argue the motion, dismiss the case, and then deny as moot the request to boot Klayman from the case.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:46 am

Michael J wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:03 am
All I expect from GIL are useless filings to support his grifting.
Why should he change his winning strategy now? It has always worked so well for him before. :sarcasm:

bob

Post by bob » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:34 pm

As opposed to Klayman's impersonal endorsement? :think:

Return to “Miscellaneous”