Larry Klayman

kate520

Re: Larry Klayman

Post by kate520 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:03 pm

If Luhn had a case she'd be represented by anybody other than Klayman. (The same being true for Arpaio, the Bundy klan, Dennis Montgomery, etc.)
Yes, she would.
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Uninformed

Post by Uninformed » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:08 pm

Seat Larry Klayman next to Alex Jones and Jim Acosta in Brady press briefing room
Created by L.K. on November 25, 2018

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:55 pm

Alex Jones needs KKKlayman's friendship like he needs well KKKlaman's friendship and attention and I can't imagine any possible reason why Acosta would/could possibly want to be even remotely associated with KKKlayman, let alone know who he was.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

bob

Post by bob » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:56 pm

WND:
American shot by Mexico officers sues them
:
Cite pain, emotional distress, mental stress, more

A former Justice Department lawyer and founder of Freedom Watch who in the past has sued the National Security Agency, Hugo Chavez on behalf of torture victims, journalists, Taliban and al-Qaida and more, now is bringing a case against Mexico and its police for allegedly deliberately gunning down a U.S. officer.

The case was filed in U.S. District Court for the District of Texas against the “free and sovereign state of Tamaulipos” and its police department.

It’s on behalf of Danny Shaw, a Texas state trooper, and his wife, Melissa Shaw, of Forney, Texas.

Two officers of the Tamaulipas state police “attempted to murder Plaintiff Shaw under the direction of defendants, and while acting within the scope of their employment as government officers,” the case alleges.

There were drug runners in the area, and they fled to the U.S. side of the Rio Grande, where Shaw and other American officers were, the case explains.

The defendants are accused of deliberately shooting and hitting Shaw at that time.

“This attack was not a discretionary function of the Mexican officers’ positions as state law enforcement officials, as the shooting as malicious and intentional – the result of defendant Mexico’s anti-American policy carried out by the Mexican officers,” the filing states.

Shaw suffered a gunshot wound in the leg and groin, and still carries around pain because of that. His wife is suing for loss of consortium.

It cites the authorities of several laws, including the Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act.

The reason for the shooting?

“The United States and defendant Mexico have suffered strained relations since the election of President Trump, particularly in light of his decision to build a wall to protect the United States from illegal immigration and drug smuggling. In January 2017, Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto … canceled a meeting with President Trump because of his enmity toward President Trump, as well as increased tensions over plans to build the wall to protect the United States,” the filing explains.

“Nieto has been outspoken in his disapproval of President Trump and critical of his policies, even going as far as comparing President Trump to Adolf Hitler…”

“This position has gained popularity in Mexico, as Mexican presidential candidates for the upcoming election such as Lopez Obrador have attempted to garner support for their campaigns by adopting anti-Trump platforms to strengthen their candidacy.”

Klayman wrote in the complaint, “Fox’s position reflects a popular outlook in Mexico – one where criticizing and attacking the Trump administration has become the norm – and this damaging sentiment has fostered a hostile mindset toward the United States and its citizens.”

He said Fox “incited violence in retaliation of Trump’s policies, which has culminated in an attempt to kill a Texas Ranger to send a message of hostility to the United States.”

The shooting happened when three Mexican suspects, probably drug cartel members, were in a gunfight with both U.S. Border Patrol and officers of Tamaulipas state police.

During the fight, the suspects crossed the Rio Grande to the U.S. side, and a U.S. helicopter then notified Mexican police of those events.

Then “A barrage of gunfire rained down upon Shaw from the direction of the Mexican officers … the Mexican officers, under the direction of defendants and acting within the scope of their employment as officers of the state of Mexicao, shot both Shaw and a U.S. Border Patrol agent.”

The Mexican officers “knowingly” shot into the U.S. “with the intent to seriously harm and kill Plaintiff Shaw,” the case alleges.

There are claims for battery, assault, loss of consortium, and intentional infliction of emotional distress.

The filing from Klayman seeks general damages of more than $20 million, plus punitive damages of more than $100 million “against each and every defendant.”
TL;DR: In what would appear to be a friendly fire incident along the border, Mexican law enforcement personnel allegedly [ :roll: ] intentionally shot a Texas law enforcement officer in retaliation for the United States' electing the most awesome president, ever.

And there's no evidence that Mexican law enforcement shot the Texas officer; it could have been the criminals (who are also Mexican, so, yaknow, close enough).
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III

Post by fierceredpanda » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:11 pm

Bonus points to Klayman for the loss of consortium pleading. It's my favorite antiquated cause of action. :dance:
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:24 pm

When will Larry launch a civil suit against the US agents who tear gassed innocent civilians on the Mexican side of the border on the weekend?

woodworker

Post by woodworker » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:00 pm

Is GIL licensed in Texas, PHV or what. And please dear dog, sanction his ass for this frivolous law suit.
Pence / Haley -- 2020 "I Won't Call Her Mother" and "We Will Be The Best Team Ever, But Never Alone Together"

bob

Post by bob » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:20 pm

woodworker wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:00 pm
Is GIL licensed in Texas, PHV or what.
He's not licensed in Texas.* But in his suit against The Blacks (in N.D. Tex.), he's filing everything under his D.C. license.
And please dear dog, sanction his ass for this frivolous law suit.
Won't happen, as this is just a Klayman Special; it was filed for the headlines, but will be dismissed for failing to serve.

* N.D. Tex. and S.D. Tex. admit anyone (Texas license not required); Klayman's probably admitted to those courts.

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:01 pm

Posted this on the Corsi thread but thought I would post it here too.
https://www.wonkette.com/larry-klayman- ... ie-happy-d

bob

Post by bob » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:12 pm

FW: FREEDOM WATCH FILES AMENDED COMPLAINT IN CASE AGAINST SOCIAL MEDIA COMPANIES TO INCLUDE LAURA LOOMER AS A LEAD PLAINTIFF:
Today, Larry Klayman, former federal prosecutor and founder of both Judicial Watch and Freedom Watch, amended the antitrust class action complaint he had filed for Freedom Watch against leftist social media companies Google/YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Apple and Instagram under Sections 1 and 2 of the Sherman Antitrust Act for agreeing among themselves and acting as a monopoly to restrain trade and discriminate against conservatives.

Klayman had this to say on filing the Amended Complaint.:
Added as a lead plaintiff today was Laura Loomer, that courageous Jewish female activist who was just banned from Twitter and Facebook for criticizing a Muslim congresswoman. The retaliation by Twitter and Facebook, as set forth in the Amended Complaint, was not only a violation of our antitrust laws and other laws, but reeked of anti-Semitism against a Jewish conservative woman. Ironically the CEO of Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg, is a card carrying member of the Jewish Left, and as a self hating Jew would sell out his own people for a buck.

Indeed, years ago I sued Zuckerberg and Facebook for allowing the posting on Facebook of a Third Infitada page advocating death to Jews by radical Palestinians. Zuckerberg had even initially refused to take the posting down at the urging of Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu. He later relented when the heat got too hot in the "Jewish kitchen." Like Ms. Loomer, I am of Jewish origin and a Zionist and find Zuckerberg's and his accomplices at the other social media companies' actions not only illegal but despicable. Indeed, the Left in this country has become decidedly anti-Semitic and they must pay a legal price for this.

As a result, I have recently founded the Coalition of the Jewish Right, which represents the great majority of Jews in this country and in Israel.
The amended complaint. It adds some allegations about Loomer, but otherwise nothing new.

Clearly a delaying tactic (the defendants had moved to dismiss), but now Klayman has used up his one free amendment and the motion for leave to amend.

woodworker

Post by woodworker » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:53 pm

Maybe GIL can get that Jews for Jesus rabbi to give the opening prayer for the initial meeting of all the "right" joos.

Unfortunately, I can attest that there are more such Jews than one would think. I had a colleague and his wife, both Orthodox Jewish, who loved them some Dennis Praeger, Rush Limbaugh, John Bolton and his fellow neocons, were all in favor of aggressive military action against Iran, considered all Iranians/Persians as scum and inveterate liars, etc. I haven't talked to them in years, but I would not be surprised if they were closet Trump supporters. Fortunately, I think the vast majority of my brothers and sisters want nothing to do with Trump, his bullshit and his supporters.
Pence / Haley -- 2020 "I Won't Call Her Mother" and "We Will Be The Best Team Ever, But Never Alone Together"

bob

Post by bob » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:06 pm

By adding Loomer, Klayman may have actually backed in a non-frivolous lawsuit. Alleging that Twitter and Facebook treat Jewish and Muslim users differently may be enough to defeat a dismissal motion. Which would mean discovery.

Whip

Post by Whip » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:02 pm

I would think he'd first have to prove
agreeing among themselves and acting as a monopoly to restrain trade and discriminate against conservatives.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:06 pm

Even if it might actually be non-frivolous, KKKlayman will manage to Taitz it if his hand is at all applied.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

bob

Post by bob » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:11 pm

Whip wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:02 pm
agreeing among themselves and acting as a monopoly to restrain trade and discriminate against conservatives.
Yes, most of the suit is junk. But the specific claim that Twitter (and Facebook) discriminated against disparately treated Loomer (due to her religion) might actually survive. Not win, but carry the ball forward.

Notorial Dissent wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:06 pm
Even if it might actually be non-frivolous, KKKlayman will manage to Taitz it if his hand is at all applied.
Back in his prime, Klayman lived for endless discovery; he's pure Klayman with his depositions. And that's what this'll really be about: inflicting pain (and not the $1B in "damages").

I'm curious about the pending DC bar action. This Loomer's case is (for now) in the D.D.C., but an untimely license suspension could hamper Klayman's ability to vex.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:46 pm

Yabbut, he'll be going up against real, VERY well paid, lawyers who'll eat him for lunch and their pocketbooks area good deal deeper than anything he can come up with, that too also, and that while he may have a glimmer of a cause, he doesn't really and they'll chew him up and spit him out. He has made it a habit of NOT picking on people who can really defend themselves and will do so.

Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Post by Flatpointhigh » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:11 pm

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... st-mueller
Larry Klayman, the founder of the conservative watchdogs Judicial Watch and Freedom Watch who joined Corsi’s legal team this week, told The Hill on Thursday that the document will claim that the special counsel and his team were asking Corsi to lie and commit other criminal violations like witness tampering.

He also said that the complaint could be filed as soon as Thursday or Friday, and would be lodged with Acting Attorney General Matt Whitaker, the Justice Department's Office of Professional Responsibility and the department's inspector general.

When asked what lie the special counsel had asked Corsi to make, Klayman declined to provide further details, but pointed to Corsi’s statements claiming that he did not willfully mislead federal investigators during his questioning.
:rotflmao:

My Name is...
Daffy Duck.. woo hoo!
Cancer broke me

ObjectiveDoubter

Post by ObjectiveDoubter » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:13 pm

woodworker wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:53 pm
Maybe GIL can get that Jews for Jesus rabbi to give the opening prayer for the initial meeting of all the "right" joos.

Unfortunately, I can attest that there are more such Jews than one would think. I had a colleague and his wife, both Orthodox Jewish, who loved them some Dennis Praeger, Rush Limbaugh, John Bolton and his fellow neocons, were all in favor of aggressive military action against Iran, considered all Iranians/Persians as scum and inveterate liars, etc. I haven't talked to them in years, but I would not be surprised if they were closet Trump supporters. Fortunately, I think the vast majority of my brothers and sisters want nothing to do with Trump, his bullshit and his supporters.
My experience is that most Orthodox Jews, if interested in politics, are to the extreme Right. Even if not overtly interested in politics, their worldview tends to be very narrow-minded, and not terribly tolerant of the choice by others (or just by birth) to not be either Jews or Orthodox Jews. My niece grew up in a Reform Jewish home, then "got religion" of the super Jewish kind during her college years, to the surprise of her entire family, starting with secular grandparents on both sides. She married a boy with a similar evolution. They are very observant, keep a kosher house, gave their two children Hebrew names, etc. and belong to an Orthodox synagogue. And yet, they both stayed liberal in their political views, and quite outspoken about it. They are the exception. Gotta love those kids!

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:34 pm

ObjectiveDoubter wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:13 pm
woodworker wrote:

My experience is that most Orthodox Jews, if interested in politics, are to the extreme Right. Even if not overtly interested in politics, their worldview tends to be very narrow-minded, and not terribly tolerant of the choice by others (or just by birth) to not be either Jews or Orthodox Jews.
My niece grew up in a Reform Jewish home, then "got religion" of the super Jewish kind during her college years, to the surprise of her entire family, starting with secular grandparents on both sides. She married a boy with a similar evolution. They are very observant, keep a kosher house, gave their two children Hebrew names, etc. and belong to an Orthodox synagogue. And yet, they both stayed liberal in their political views, and quite outspoken about it. They are the exception. Gotta love those kids!
This makes sense.
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment: African-American Naomi Anderson was a leader in the suffrage movement in the west, a published poet, barber, community activist, and teacher.

Flatpointhigh

Post by Flatpointhigh » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:54 pm

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:34 pm
ObjectiveDoubter wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:13 pm
woodworker wrote:

My experience is that most Orthodox Jews, if interested in politics, are to the extreme Right. Even if not overtly interested in politics, their worldview tends to be very narrow-minded, and not terribly tolerant of the choice by others (or just by birth) to not be either Jews or Orthodox Jews.
My niece grew up in a Reform Jewish home, then "got religion" of the super Jewish kind during her college years, to the surprise of her entire family, starting with secular grandparents on both sides. She married a boy with a similar evolution. They are very observant, keep a kosher house, gave their two children Hebrew names, etc. and belong to an Orthodox synagogue. And yet, they both stayed liberal in their political views, and quite outspoken about it. They are the exception. Gotta love those kids!
This makes sense.
The Extreme RW Orthodox Jews tend to be Chasidim. This Reconstructionist Jew worked among the extremist Jews at B&H Photo. They believe that the GOP is more supportive of Israel than the Democrats/Leftwing.

My Name is...
Daffy Duck.. woo hoo!
Cancer broke me

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:11 pm

They believe that the GOP is more supportive of Israel than the Democrats/Leftwing.
Because it was, until the fucking white supremacists took over the GOP. Now half the GOP is antisemitic and they're becoming more and more open about it. Which is hard for me to understand, because I still have real trouble trying to tell the difference between Jews and white people. :confused: :think:

Klayman is a Jew when he thinks it works to his advantage, and a 'Jews for Jesus' Christian when he thinks that will work to his advantage. And none of the above when he's being grossly inappropriate with his own children. It isn't easy, but he turns even his religion into a scummy aspect of his character. Not everybody can do that. :smoking:
Any time my questions are all fully answered, I know I'm asking the wrong questions. - Bernard Samson

Flatpointhigh

Post by Flatpointhigh » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:13 pm

Foggy wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:11 pm
They believe that the GOP is more supportive of Israel than the Democrats/Leftwing.
Because it was, until the fucking white supremacists took over the GOP. Now half the GOP is antisemitic and it's becoming more and more open about it.

Klayman is a Jew when he thinks it works to his advantage, and a 'Jews for Jesus' Christian when he thinks that will work to his advantage. And none of the above when he's being grossly inappropriate with his own children. It isn't easy, but he turns even his religion into a scummy aspect of his character. Not everybody can do that. :smoking:
Oh, but according to the JDL, them "white Supremacists" are Lefties.

My Name is...
Daffy Duck.. woo hoo!
Cancer broke me

Whip

Post by Whip » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:49 pm

bob wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:11 pm
Whip wrote:
Yes, most of the suit is junk. But the specific claim that Twitter (and Facebook) discriminated against disparately treated Loomer (due to her religion) might actually survive. Not win, but carry the ball forward.
then it becomes an 'oh shit I have to work now' moment.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:12 pm

Whip wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:49 pm
bob wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:11 pm
Whip wrote:
then it becomes an 'oh shit I have to work now' moment.
Sadly, been there before.
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment: African-American Naomi Anderson was a leader in the suffrage movement in the west, a published poet, barber, community activist, and teacher.

bob

Post by bob » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:51 pm

This is what is making Klayman so happy: Politico: Judge orders more fact-finding in Clinton email case:
The email controversy that dogged Hillary Clinton through much of the 2016 presidential race could well be kicking around through the 2020 contest after a federal judge ordered additional fact-finding into whether Clinton’s use of the private email system was a deliberate effort to thwart the Freedom of Information Act.

In a scathing opinion issued Thursday, U.S. District Court Judge Royce Lamberth said that despite FBI, inspector general and congressional investigations into Clinton’s use of a private account for all her email traffic during her four years as secretary of state, the conservative group Judicial Watch should be permitted to demand documents and additional testimony about the practice.

Lamberth also again expressed concerns that lawyers at the Justice Department and the State Department misled the court when they tried at the end of 2014 to wrap up Judicial Watch’s FOIA suit about Benghazi talking points even though some officials were aware months earlier that Clinton had tens of thousands of emails on a private system and had agreed to turn many of them over to State at its request.

“State played this card close to its chest,” the judge complained. “At best, State’s attempts to pass-off its deficient search as legally adequate during settlement negotiations was negligence born out of incompetence. At worst, career employees in the State and Justice Departments colluded to scuttle public scrutiny of Clinton, skirt FOIA and hoodwink this court.”
Lamberth's order. Klayman is pleased because Lamberth cited one own Judicial Watch cases (from back when Klayman was running that show).

Return to “Miscellaneous”