Ex-Con Terry Lakin

Maybenaut

Re: Ex-Con Terry Lakin

Post by Maybenaut »

Somerset wrote:
Maybenaut wrote: These guidelines assume a rational process in which the application is shepherded through the process by knowledgeable, sane people. But in reality, there is only one "pardon official." The President has absolute and unfettered discretion in deciding who to pardon, and his decision is pretty much unreviewable.
If this should happen, then what? Would it change anything with regards to Lakin's separation from service?
Nope.

"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson
Orlylicious
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: LDIT Supporters are "Shooketh"! -- Ali Akbar 11/29/20 #StuggersForBiden "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

:P
Lakin tweet.PNG

Didn't realize how much Chuckles tweets.
chuckles.PNG
Chicago Reader did a story on this fail:
Supporters of birther army doctor Terry Lakin petition Trump for pardon
Posted By Michael Miner on 02.13.17 at 04:13 PM

Is Donald Trump willing to go back to being a birther? While Barack Obama was president, no one more conspicuously questioned his legitimacy than his eventual successor. "I'm starting to think that he was not born here," Trump said in 2011—and if Obama was not born in America, under the Constitution he had no business being president. In 2012 Trump tweeted that an "extremely credible source" claimed the birth certificate Obama had produced was a "fraud."

It wasn't until last September that Trump, now running for president himself, let the matter drop. "President Obama was born in the United States—period," he said, and blamed the notion that Obama might not have been on his opponent. "Hillary Clinton and her campaign of 2008 started the birther controversy," said Trump. "I finished it." But Trump didn't finish it. And he might not even have put it behind him.

Though it cost Trump nothing to indulge the birthers year after year, others paid a price. The martyr of the birther movement was Terry Lakin, an army colonel court-martialed in 2010 and sentenced to six months in prison for refusing to report for duty in Afghanistan. Lakin held that the order was unconstitutional, in that it was authorized by an "illegitimate" president. Lakin told his story in Officer's Oath, a book subtitled, "Why My Vow to Defend the Constitution Demanded I Sacrifice My Career."

For a time I was receiving e-mails from the Terry Lakin Action Fund every few days. Eventually it fell off and I forgot about Lakin.
http://www.chicagoreader.com/Bleader/ar ... ond-chance

Rharon seems to have, um, forgotten it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Avatar: LDIT's Court FAILS. Fogbow's Favourite TV Show™ starring titular Mama June returns 3/21. TVShowsAce featured Fogbow love 5/26/20: https://bit.ly/2TNxrbS[/b]
bob

Post by bob »

Ciavolino says that when Trump declared himself a birther the Lakin camp began faxing Cohen "every piece of research" they had. Eventually Cohen's office replied, "Stop faxing, we get it." But that was that. "No specific response was ever received by me or others either way," Ciavolino told me. "They just gathered the info and then dropped it."
:lol:

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2
Somerset

Post by Somerset »

Maybenaut wrote:
Somerset wrote:
Maybenaut wrote: These guidelines assume a rational process in which the application is shepherded through the process by knowledgeable, sane people. But in reality, there is only one "pardon official." The President has absolute and unfettered discretion in deciding who to pardon, and his decision is pretty much unreviewable.
If this should happen, then what? Would it change anything with regards to Lakin's separation from service?
Nope.
That's what I thought ;)

Orlylicious
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: LDIT Supporters are "Shooketh"! -- Ali Akbar 11/29/20 #StuggersForBiden "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

Chuckles is WINNING! 100 Full Page Ads!
Chuckles Winning.PNG
http://www.thepostemail.com/2017/02/16/ ... documents/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Avatar: LDIT's Court FAILS. Fogbow's Favourite TV Show™ starring titular Mama June returns 3/21. TVShowsAce featured Fogbow love 5/26/20: https://bit.ly/2TNxrbS[/b]
bob

Post by bob »

Currently at 6115 signatures. And will expire soon. I don't know if it'll still be visible once time expires.

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy »

6121 signatures on the petition.

Winning! :crying:

mighty dawg

Post by mighty dawg »

Grumpy Old Guy wrote:6121 signatures on the petition.

Winning! :crying:
Ain't that da truth! Over the past 24 hours they collected just 56 signatures. With only hours left to go they need 93,879 signatures. It appears to me that We the People have spoken (or "not spoken" as the case may be) and rendered the Lakin Petition to the dust heap of history.

Meanwhile the Prosecute Barack Obama Petition stands at 35 signatures.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" - Albert Einstein
bob

Post by bob »

P&E: Terry Lakin Pardon Petition Reaches its 30th Day:
93,865 SIGNATURES NEEDED FOR WHITE HOUSE RESPONSE

A petition launched at whitehouse.gov the day following Donald Trump’s inauguration asking that former Lt. Col. Terry Lakin be pardoned of his conviction and dishonorable discharge from the Army in 2011 has reached the end of its 30-day period in which to earn a response from the administration.

The current number of signatures as of 2:15 PM EST is 6,135, far short of the 100,000 necessary to obtain an official White House response. However, signatures can continue to accrue, as with other whitehouse.gov petitions.

As particularly in the beginning but also more recently, the petition did not appear to register the number of actual individuals signing it, it is impossible to know if the signature count is accurate. At least two other Whitehouse.gov petitions were reported to have failed to reflect what many thought to be a much higher number of signatories.

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious »

What an epic fail, we need to rub their noses in this.

And oh yeah... and as Pat Gund would say: And a pony!
Lakin is currently practicing medicine privately in his home state of Colorado. On a recent broadcast of the WOBC radio show, Lakin told the audience that if given the opportunity, he would like to rejoin the Army. The trustee of the fund established to assist Lakin’s family during his incarceration, Marco Ciavolino, wrote in a letter to one of Trump’s attorneys in December that Lakin wished to use his medical skills at a Veterans Administration facility or even within the White House itself while asking then President-Elect Trump to consider a pardon for Lakin.

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy »

6140 signatures and its over.

Mind you, it is 6,000 more signatures than the arrest Finicum murderers petition. That has 143, closes tomorrow.

Hektor

Post by Hektor »

Ya know, a part of me wonders if there is any inkling in Ex-Con Lakin that he was used by the birthers as part of their epic quest to obtain standing and a pony. And then a part of me wonders if any birther still birthing at all suspects that President Trump used them as a means of getting clicks/attention and to gain (though I hate to use the word) credibility with the far right.

Whip

Post by Whip »

bob wrote:P&E: Terry Lakin Pardon Petition Reaches its 30th Day:
93,865 SIGNATURES NEEDED FOR WHITE HOUSE RESPONSE

A petition launched at whitehouse.gov the day following Donald Trump’s inauguration asking that former Lt. Col. Terry Lakin be pardoned of his conviction and dishonorable discharge from the Army in 2011 has reached the end of its 30-day period in which to earn a response from the administration.

The current number of signatures as of 2:15 PM EST is 6,135, far short of the 100,000 necessary to obtain an official White House response. However, signatures can continue to accrue, as with other whitehouse.gov petitions.

As particularly in the beginning but also more recently, the petition did not appear to register the number of actual individuals signing it, it is impossible to know if the signature count is accurate since, more than likely, people found out a way to sign it more than once giving the appearance more people actually give a shit about it than should. At least two other Whitehouse.gov petitions were reported to have failed to reflect what many thought to be a much higher number of signatories.
fixed.

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious »

Walt woke up, he sure is right on the pulse of America.
Walt Terry.PNG

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

More brilliant writing: It was the fault of the petition that it failed to reach 100,000. (Plus, apparently, some unknown entity as well. Hard to tell with the passive voice Rondeau cleverly uses to obfuscate the failures of her pet causes.)
As particularly in the beginning but also more recently, the petition did not appear to register the number of actual individuals signing it, it is impossible to know if the signature count is accurate.

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious »

:lol: Stern. But she did say "signatures can continue to accrue," will she keep pumping it or pretend it never happened?

mighty dawg

Post by mighty dawg »

Closed at 6,146 signatures which represent 0.0019% of the U.S. population. In other words, the number of individuals who signed the Lakin Petition represent a fleetingly small percentage of the population. Put another way, nobody gives a flying f*ck about Terry Lakin.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" - Albert Einstein
Dr. Blue

Post by Dr. Blue »

mighty dawg wrote:Closed at 6,146 signatures which represent 0.0019% of the U.S. population. In other words, the number of individuals who signed the Lakin Petition represent a fleetingly small percentage of the population. Put another way, nobody gives a flying f*ck about Terry Lakin.
Does anyone know how many signatures the "needy little bitch" petition had when it was pulled? All I can find is "over 6000" - I so want that to beat the Lakin petition.....

Whip

Post by Whip »

Dr. Blue wrote:
mighty dawg wrote:Closed at 6,146 signatures which represent 0.0019% of the U.S. population. In other words, the number of individuals who signed the Lakin Petition represent a fleetingly small percentage of the population. Put another way, nobody gives a flying f*ck about Terry Lakin.
Does anyone know how many signatures the "needy little bitch" petition had when it was pulled? All I can find is "over 6000" - I so want that to beat the Lakin petition.....
had to be over 10,000 because she said herself:
As particularly in the beginning but also more recently, the petition did not appear to register the number of actual individuals signing it, it is impossible to know if the signature count is accurate

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

Dr. Blue wrote: Does anyone know how many signatures the "needy little bitch" petition had when it was pulled? All I can find is "over 6000" - I so want that to beat the Lakin petition.....
I had checked it morning it was pulled and it was over 6100. I wished I had taken a screen shot. I never guessed the thin skinned weenies would pull it. It would have trounced the Lakin petition had it been left up.

You can still sign this one: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petiti ... r-movement

"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016
mighty dawg

Post by mighty dawg »

For some reason, the final count for the now closed Lakin Petition has dropped to 6,142.

It's been fun following this over the past 30 days. The outcome was predictable, but they actually got more signatures than I had original thought they would - about twice as many. Much of the unexpected acceleration in participation followed Mike Volin's "radio" show with Lakin as his guest. But Kerchner's full page ad in the Washington Times appears to have had little effect.

I notice that Sharon Rondeau has an article up about the closure of the petition. I'm not going to do it the dignity of providing the link.

:happyfamily:

bob

Post by bob »

Orlylicious wrote:But she did say "signatures can continue to accrue," will she keep pumping it or pretend it never happened?
:fingerwag: ; P&E:
Editor’s Note: The Post & Email erroneously reported in its previous story that signatures could still be collected on the Lakin petition despite its failing to have garnered the necessary 100,000 signers to generate a White House response.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

But it got so so close, didn't it Sharon?

bob

Post by bob »

:fingerwag: ; P&E comment:
Jeffrey Harrison wrote:I’m baffled that Lakin hasn’t received much more petitions. I am aware that others and several other web sites have promoted his case. I had envisioned by now the goal would have been within reach if not achieved.

With other veteran groups and “word of mouth” and etc. I have no idea why the numbers are so short. Is there something wrong with the web site? How is it that the horse petition has out paced Lakin’s cause? Nuts.

Let’s continue to press ahead.

rajah

Post by rajah »

With other veteran groups and “word of mouth” and etc. I have no idea why the numbers are so short. Is there something wrong with the web site? How is it that the horse petition has out paced Lakin’s cause? Nuts.
At a rough guess I would say that people quite like horses but Lakin is only a horse's arse.
Regards .............Dick

Return to “Miscellaneous”