Ex-Con Terry Lakin

mimi

Ex-Con Terry Lakin

Post by mimi » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:01 pm

Check this out.[/break1]safeguardourconstitution.com/]http://www.safeguardourconstitution.com/His site is full of all the regular birther stuff. So... anybody? Where did he come from?Who is LTC Terry LakinLieutenant Colonel Terrence ("Terry") Lakin serves as Chief of Primary Care and Flight Surgeon for the Pentagon's DiLorenzo TRICARE Health Clinic. He is the lead Flight Surgeon charged with caring for Army Chief of Staff General Casey's pilots and air crew. LTC Lakin, selected for promotion to Colonel, is a native of Colorado, whose residency is Tennessee.LTC Lakin's numerous awards and decorations include the Army Flight Surgeon Badge, Combat Medical Badge, the Bronze Star Medal, the Meritorious Service Medal, the Army Commendation Medal with two Oak Leaf Clusters, the Army Achievement Medal with one Oak Leaf Clusters, the National Defense Service Medal with Bronze Service Star, the Armed Forces Expedition Medal, the Army Reserve Component Achievement Medal, the Army Service Ribbon, the Overseas Service Ribbon sixth award and the NATO service medal. He has served previously in Honduras, Bosnia, El Salvador, Korea, and Afghanistan.For well over a year, LTC Lakin has asked through his chain of command and his Congressional delegation for proof that President Obama is Constitutionally eligible to serve as his Commander-in-Chief. He has explained to his superiors that he cannot understand how his Oath of Office to protect and defend the Constitution does not allow military officers to pursue this proof of eligibility.LTC Lakin received military orders in late February for deployment to Afghanistan, including a requirement that he provide "copies of his birth certificate." LTC Lakin is prepared to provide a certified copy of his certification of vital record that lists his birth hospital, physician's name and other key information. He has provided this document for many other required processes, such as his commissioning into the military as an officer, his security clearance and his marriage license. He is the highest ranking officer to go public over this controversy and the first active duty officer to do so.

TollandRCR

Ex-Con Terry Lakin

Post by TollandRCR » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:18 pm

One place that he previously showed up is [link]here,https://patriotsforamerica.ning.com/profile/TerryLakin[/link].
“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

mimi

Ex-Con Terry Lakin

Post by mimi » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:21 pm

He is a Kook. I mean as in Capt. Kook. This guy volunteered to deploy. He is in this the same as Kook:

He has a bunch of pdf's on that site.

Lakin timeline of concern of CinC

DaveMuckey

Ex-Con Terry Lakin

Post by DaveMuckey » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:22 pm

Why would the military require this guy's B/C (again)?

mimi

Ex-Con Terry Lakin

Post by mimi » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:25 pm

One place that he previously showed up is [link]here,https://patriotsforamerica.ning.com/profile/TerryLakin[/link].That says Harry Riley set that site up. We know Col. Harry Riley from Orly's stuff. They're trying to raise $50,000 in 10 days for this guys legal fund. And it's tax deductible? why? And who is representing him? For $50k.

mimi

Ex-Con Terry Lakin

Post by mimi » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:53 pm

At 9:48pm on September 28, 2009, Terry Lakin said

Welsh Dragon

Ex-Con Terry Lakin

Post by Welsh Dragon » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:23 pm

Been doing a bit of research. From the original website I see that the donations are being solicited by the American Patriot Foundation , a non-profit 501(c)(3) founded in 2003 by Ex NH Senator Bob Smith and Paul Rolf Jensen.See for instance :http://undertheinfluence.nationaljourna ... nh.phpNice company LTC Lakin's keeping! I wonder if Jensen sees himself being appointed his attorney?

mimi

Ex-Con Terry Lakin

Post by mimi » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:39 pm

You mean the GOP is in on this?

PatGund

Ex-Con Terry Lakin

Post by PatGund » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:47 pm

Posted my take on LTCol Lakin[/break1]typepad.com/badfiction/2010/03/dispatches-from-birtherstan-for-30-march-2010.html]http://badfiction.typepad.com/badfictio ... -2010.htmlI find it funny he posted as a "Birth Certificate" a COLB from Colorado, and then claims Hawaiian COLB's are somehow not real enough.Based on his time line, it looks like he wasn't liking the answers he was getting from the chain of command, and decided to go with open defiance instead. I suspect he'll like the answers less now...Oh, and he cites the edited Sarah Obama interview Berg used. Wonder if the prosecution at his court martial would like the unedited versions.......

Welsh Dragon

Ex-Con Terry Lakin

Post by Welsh Dragon » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:48 pm

You mean the GOP is in on this?Yep looks like it - or at least some of it's wilder elements.

PatGund

Ex-Con Terry Lakin

Post by PatGund » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:50 pm

You mean the GOP is in on this?Looks more like a former GOP member who's now playing footsie with the Constitutionalist Party.

Highlands

Ex-Con Terry Lakin

Post by Highlands » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:58 pm

Posted my take on LTCol Lakin[/break1]typepad.com/badfiction/2010/03/dispatches-from-birtherstan-for-30-march-2010.html]http://badfiction.typepad.com/badfictio ... -2010.htmlI find it funny he posted as a "Birth Certificate" a COLB from Colorado, and then claims Hawaiian COLB's are somehow not real enough.Also, compare the information on his 1994 CO COLB to that of my [link]husband's,http://www.politijab.com/phpBB3/viewtop ... es#p115137[/link] CO COLB from 1991.My husband's BC was issued by the State of Colorado in 1991. It's called a "Certificate of Live Birth".It includes: local file number, state file number, childs name (first, middle, last), date and hour of birth, sex, number of children in birth (single, twin, triplet), county of birth, city, town, or location of birth, is the birth inside city limits, hospital name mother maiden name, age, state of birth, residence state, residence county, residence town or city, inside city limits, street and numberfathers name, age, state of birthinformant signature, relation to child, mothers mailing address, signature of birth attendant, date signed, printed name of birth attendant, address of birth attendant, registrar signature, date received by local office
Edit: also, Lakin's COLB appears to be missing some information. Obvious forgery. ;)
If you took out all of the blood vessels in your body and lined them up, you would be dead. #science

mimi

Ex-Con Terry Lakin

Post by mimi » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:04 pm

Here we go again. How can donations for his legal defense fund be tax deductible, as he claims on his site?From Welsh Dragon's link:Thursday, February 19, 2009Former Sen. Smith's Now a WatchdogFormer Sen. Bob Smith, R-N.H, has a new project, called Americans for Accountability, or A4A, which debuted yesterday with a Freedom of Information Act request seeking "all Obama Administration documents and data pertaining to Sen. Tom Daschle's tax evasion." See here.The group, which styles itself as an ethics watchdog, is described as a project of the American Patriot Foundation, a 501(c)(3) group, and is soliciting tax deductible contributions. That foundation was set up in 2003, by Smith and his friend Paul Rolf Jensen, a Costa Mesa, Calif. personal injury lawyer whose law office and the foundation share an address.[/break1]nationaljournal.com/2009/02/former-sen-bob-smith-rnh.php]http://undertheinfluence.nationaljourna ... th-rnh.phpirs:Exemption Requirements - Section 501(c)(3) Organizations To be tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, an organization must be organized and operated exclusively for exempt purposes set forth in section 501(c)(3), and none of its earnings may inure to any private shareholder or individual. In addition, it may not be an action organization, i.e., it may not attempt to influence legislation as a substantial part of its activities and it may not participate in any campaign activity for or against political candidates.Organizations described in section 501(c)(3) are commonly referred to as charitable organizations. Organizations described in section 501(c)(3), other than testing for public safety organizations, are eligible to receive tax-deductible contributions in accordance with Code section 170.The organization must not be organized or operated for the benefit of private interests, and no part of a section 501(c)(3) organization's net earnings may inure to the benefit of any private shareholder or individual. If the organization engages in an excess benefit transaction with a person having substantial influence over the organization, an excise tax may be imposed on the person and any organization managers agreeing to the transaction.Section 501(c)(3) organizations are restricted in how much political and legislative (lobbying) activities they may conduct. For a detailed discussion, see Political and Lobbying Activities. For more information about lobbying activities by charities, see the article Lobbying Issues; for more information about political activities of charities, see the FY-2002 CPE topic Election Year Issues.[/break1]irs.gov/charities/charitable/article/0,,id=96099,00.html]http://www.irs.gov/charities/charitable ... 99,00.htmlOnly 10 days away? He's got to have a lawyer already. Who?

Butterfly Bilderberg

Ex-Con Terry Lakin

Post by Butterfly Bilderberg » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:58 pm

They're trying to raise $50,000 in 10 days for this guys legal fund. And it's tax deductible? why?Donations are NOT tax deductible if intended to benefit a particular individual.
"Pity the nation that acclaims the bully as hero,
and that deems the glittering conqueror bountiful."
- Kahlil Gibran, The Garden of The Prophet

mimi

Ex-Con Terry Lakin

Post by mimi » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:05 pm

They're trying to raise $50,000 in 10 days for this guys legal fund. And it's tax deductible? why?Donations are NOT tax deductible if intended to benefit a particular individual.They are according to Terry:

http://www.safeguardourconstitution.com ... page03.png

realist

Ex-Con Terry Lakin

Post by realist » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:12 pm

I doubt the IRS will agree with the deduction if the proceeds are to specifically benefit LTC (at least for the time being) Lakin.He created his own mess. He violated lawful orders over ridiculous claims. He is a disgrace to the uniform, he should be court-martialed, reduced in rank, sentenced to some jail time, and (if it's part of the remedies in this situation according to the UCMJ) lose his pension.The man just tossed a career away, either way.Sekrit Stuffs!
Hey, I'm sure Orly would represent him pro bono. :P If she thinks federal judges have been "mean" to her, she should dip her toes in a court-martial proceeding. :twisted:
ImageX 4 ImageX36

PatGund

Ex-Con Terry Lakin

Post by PatGund » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:17 pm

Something that really sticks in my mind is that this is a very polished, professional site.Which tells me that this is as planned as Cook's volunteering was. Lakin has made it clear he wasn't going to accept any answer other than "yes" to his claims, and I see his now open defiance as an attempt to use a supposed court martial to play the discovery game.It's time the military comes down on these bozos. They let Easterling slide. Cook lost his security clearance due to his filing as a CO, but nothing else was done. Rhodes realized that her lawyer was a wackadoodle and bailed before Dr. Orly could do any more harm to the remainder of her military career.Lakin did the 138 route. He didn't like the answers he got. He's openly attacked both the CinC and the Army Chief of Staff.At this point, the Army should say "look, you can resign your commission now, keep whatever benefits you've earned, go into civilian practice. Or you can play this reindeer game, get court martialed, lose your benefits, lose your ability to practice medicine, and get a free transfer to Ft. Levanworth, The choice is yours".

verbalobe

Ex-Con Terry Lakin

Post by verbalobe » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:40 pm

Something that really sticks in my mind is that this is a very polished, professional site.Yes, that really stuck with me, as well. There's a weird vibe to it, and I can't quite put my finger on it.Almost everything underneath points to the donations link. Follow the money?It's so slick I really don't get much of a real sense of Lakin himself -- despite the plentiful biographical info. No sense of emotion, fanaticism, what's driving him. It smells.

peredur

Ex-Con Terry Lakin

Post by peredur » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:53 pm

This link on SOC referenced WCJ.

[/break1]safeguardourconstitution.com/images/stories/documents/apf07-investigativereport.pdf]http://www.safeguardourconstitution.com ... report.pdf

FWIW:

[/break1]westernjournalism.com/?page_id=2]http://www.westernjournalism.com/?page_id=2

About Western Center

Founded in 1991 by Joseph Farah (the brains behind WorldNetDaily.com website) and James H. Smith (former publisher of the Sacramento Union), The Western Center for Journalism has been sponsoring investigative journalism for eighteen years.

It first made its mark following the suspicious death of Deputy White House Counsel Vincent Foster during the Clinton presidency. Officially ruled a suicide by authorities, reporter Christopher Ruddy

Sterngard Friegen

Ex-Con Terry Lakin

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:26 pm

Assuming this does not go the way of the first Cook case, it's an epic fail for Lakin. No military judge nor detailed defense counsel (a JAG officer) would question the legitimacy of the convening authority or the CIC (the ultimate convening authority). Thus, the issue of President Obama's legitimacy will never come up. It's similar to "lack of standing" in the civilian courts.

What Lakin will probably do is hire private defense counel. Private defense counsel will be ruled out of order when he (or she -- Taitz?) seeks to question the legitimacy of the chain of command.

So, it's not gonna happen. Just another pathetic attempt to get attention because there is a scary, politically moderate black man in the WhiteHouse.

mimi

Ex-Con Terry Lakin

Post by mimi » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:32 pm

Yes, Stern. I know he won't win. But, this guy is more outspoken than any of the others. Also, he's collecting money for his legal fees.. Well, thru that foundation. He's got the button on his website though.I don't even think he's allowed to do that? Is he?Anyway, this guy says he's not going. He's not filing suit. Not that I can see. He's just defying the order to go. So, I can't help but wonder what the outcome will be.

mimi

Ex-Con Terry Lakin

Post by mimi » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:51 pm

Army Lt. Col. Terrence Lakin: Birther, Oath Keeper, Newest Astroturfer[...]Safeguard Our Constitution claims to be part of the American Patriot Foundation, a non-profit organization established in 2003. Other than the initial return, no other official filings have been made.[snip]Despite the fact that Lt. Col. Lakin is a highly-decorated, high-ranking officer of the United States Military who also happens to be a doctor in charge of surgical services at a large TriCare facility in Washington, DC, he's wrong. Wrong, misled, and part of a larger astroturf project.[snip]American Patriot FoundationAmerican Patriot Foundation was founded by former New Hampshire Senator Bob Smith, who resurfaced last year as Project912's candidate for the Florida Senate seat against Marco Rubio and Charlie Crist. Last Friday, he announced his intention to withdraw from that race.[snip]The neocons really, really hate the fact that Obama's foreign policy is working. He smacked Netanyahu, appears to have scored a top Iranian nuclear scientists' defection, is cleaning up Iraq and Afghanistan, and has Defcon V Neocon Extraordinaire John Bolton in a twist over the idea that we might actually negotiate a treaty with Russia that decreases the number of nuclear weapons in our arsenal.More at Momocrats:[/break1]typepad.com/momocrats/2010/03/army-lt-col-terrence-lakin-birther-oath-keeper-newest-astroturfer-.html]http://momocrats.typepad.com/momocrats/ ... rfer-.htmlMargaret Hemenway is the contact on the press release. Will Hem be the lawyer? After he was reprimanded?And how does Smith figure in?

mimi

Ex-Con Terry Lakin

Post by mimi » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:08 am

deleted.

Sterngard Friegen

Ex-Con Terry Lakin

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:23 am

An osteopath! A branch of medicine which is not quite mainstream. Lakin couldn't get into a school that issued doctor of medicine degrees (M.D.s).It all starts to become clear.

mimi

Ex-Con Terry Lakin

Post by mimi » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:32 am

An osteopath! A branch of medicine which is not quite mainstream. Lakin couldn't get into a school that issued doctor of medicine degrees (M.D.s).It all starts to become clear.Hey! My favorite doctor was an osteopath! I just loved him.I kind of like the way they approach things better.

Return to “Miscellaneous”