Re: Birther Potpourri

Post by bob »

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

bob wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:10 pm

Hmmmm. There’s been talk of Michelle as VP by people fantasizing, even though it’s highly unlikely. Maybe that’s the Obama they’re referring to. ;)
"I am no longer accepting the things I cannot change. I am changing the things I cannot accept."
Angela Davis

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Post by Dr. Kenneth Noisewater »

Scott Earlandson is back with his new birther challenge. Debunk Mark Gillar's 9 points claim for $10k

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Lies, Damn Lies and Statistics Mark Twain

or Lies, Dank Lies and Scans

or: the internet never fogets :lol:

I stumbled accross the Lies, Dank Lies and Scans video of D. Kriesel from January 2015. The fun cact: in his intro to descibing the Xerox scanning bug he starts with describing the US elections 2008, Obama and the Short and Long Form of birthcertificates and how the Birther conspiracy theorists went wild on the differences within the copies of copies....

Video clip from a presentation at the German Chaos Computer Club CCC conference, of course in German, object of interest to be seen at 3mins into the clip Sekrit Stuffs!
The original blog entry - of course in German
http://www.dkriesel.com/en/blog/2013/08 ... n_scanning

and SueDB reported on the Xerox bug cause of our birther heros
SueDB wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:37 pm
Xerox Busted on Machine Number Swap
A perplexing and potentially very troublesome problem affecting Xerox scanners has been explained and fixed, thanks to some sleuthing by a savvy software engineer — and a bit of viral attention on the Internet.D. Kriesel, a German Ph.D. student studying computational geometry, encountered a strange problem when scanning a blueprint on a common Xerox office scanner. The numbers denoting the square footage of rooms were totally wrong, and what's more, they changed when he scanned the blueprint again....

But it was real, and looking at all the data, it quickly became clear what the culprit was: an image compression algorithm called JBIG2, built into the scanner as the "normal" quality option for those who wanted to save a bit of space on their hard drive (versus "high" and "higher," which made for much bigger files).Unlike an analog photocopier, or a digital one that simply records the black-and-white values of pixels, JBIG2 examines the whole image and finds pieces that are highly similar, replacing them with a sort of clone-stamped version that saves space. Examples of such pieces of an image might be the pattern on some wallpaper or the top of a fence — or, as it turns out, small letters and numbers that look similar, like 6s and 8s.

bob

Post by bob »

I'm a little disappointed that Kerchner didn't try to blame the North Koreans for the solar flare.
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent »

Naw, it's gotta be Obama's fault or it doesn't count.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

realist

Post by realist »

Most of the posts in his page carry the “action/alert” tag. :roll:

What a doofus. :rotflmao:
ImageX 4 ImageX36

Northland10

Post by Northland10 »

I sometimes wonder what makes some of this aging folks lose it while my parents don't seem to be. My parents are both about to turn 80 but are not tripping out online on the right or left side. Granted, my dad is still playing in a symphony and other gigs and my mother, while not performing anymore, is trying to get caught up on things like geneology and family stories while she can and various aunts and uncles are still around.

They also are much less involved online. Plus there is ballroom dancing class, tennis matches, and grandchildren.
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent »

Some people grow up and have real lives, birfers and sovcits/preppers/idjits don't.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Return to “Miscellaneous”