What's a "pastor manning"?

mimi

Post by mimi » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:38 am

I didn't wanna give him his own topic, but stuff was in 2 or 3 other topics and I didn't know where to put anything.Anyway, I saw on twitter that he had been banned from YouTube for Hate Speech. I assumed it was about the video that includes his words "...if Obama lives...", etc.No. And, he's being held up as a martyr for "Free Speech".Thursday, October 29, 2009Pastor James David Manning, First Victim Of Obama's "Hate" (Thought) Crimes Law?As you may have heard, Barack Hussein Obama signed the supposed Hate Crimes Bill into law yesterday, which has also been called the "Pedophile Protection Act," as Democrats defeated Republican attempts to strip protection for pedophiles (Gay Patriot).This morning comes news that the flamboyant and vocal Obama opponent, Pastor James David Manning of the ATLAH Worldwide Ministries, cannot post new video content on YouTube because of "hate speech."Why? For saying this?[/break1]blogspot.com/2009/10/pastor-james-david-manning-first-victim.html]http://maroonedinmarin.blogspot.com/200 ... ictim.htmlhttp-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=khuu-RhOBDUThat video has over 2-1/2 million hits. It's months old. And, if he's banned, why is it still on YouTube? In his own Channel.Another blogger:Though his channel remains public, Pastor James David Manning has been restricted from posting new material on YouTube for “hate speech”, simply for stating his religious views. I warned you this was coming.In some parts of Europe, you can now be arrested for simply stating what the Bible says about homosexuality. Though it hasn’t come to that yet in America, you better believe it is coming soon, friends. With the passage of the new “hate crimes” bill, this opens up the door for an all out assault on religion and free speech.Of course, we should all be against real crimes of hate. Of course, it should be a crime to physically assault someone because of their race, sexual orientation, or nationality- and verbal threats against someone should also be taken seriously and dealt with.But should Americans fear being arrested or silenced for simply stating their religious beliefs? Will the same standard apply to Muslims or is this directed only towards Christians? After all- they, too believe homosexuality is a sin.[...][/break1]joeseales.com/?p=64]http://www.joeseales.com/?p=64They provide a video, but I'm not sure how old it is because it's not in Manning's Channel. It was just posted today, in this channel.http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV3Mjp4sfm0So, Rev. Manning is the victim. And, none of this has anything to do with the new law. absolutely none of it.And, this appears in the description of that video:[...]Conservatives and Independents should know that there are other online outlets for getting their message out to the public. One of my favorite new media sites is NMATV, founded by conservatives Bob Parks and Gary Schneider of Heritage New Media Partners, INC. At NMATV, not only can you upload videos just like on YouTube, but there is also the ability to broadcast a show live via webcamNMATV is a safehaven not only for Conservatives, but Independents and free thinking Democrats who have yet to drink the Kool-Aid and like to hear alternative points of view. I encourage everyone who is concerned by the recent banning of conservatives on YouTube to sign up for an account at [/break1]nmatv.com]http://www.nmatv.com.

gentrfam

Post by gentrfam » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:22 am

Silly conservatives. YouTube isn't banning him because of hate crimes laws, they're banning him because they are a business and don't want to offend their paying clients, advertisers, who generally don't like hate speech.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:05 pm

Manning is simply a self loathing racist.

PatGund

Post by PatGund » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:21 pm

Manning is simply a self loathing racist.Oh, he's a racist, but I doubt he's self-loathing. His racism seems to be directed towards anyone outside of what he calls the "African-American Slave Experience", particularly those descended from "white slave owners". He's said in the past that Harlem should be a "black-only" enclave, and is big on demanding reparations for those who descended from slaves.His hatred of Obama in part stems from his support of Hillary Clinton, (due to the support Bill Clinton had among African-Americans), but also is in part seems to be based on:1) Obama's mother being white (he's said that it proves the only way someone can become president is to come from a white womb)2) Obama's father being from Africa and therefore not being a "real black man". (Manning has also said in the past that Obama's ancestors sold his ancestors into slavery)3) Obama not being a "real black President" because he didn't come out of the "African-American Slave Experience".Ironically enough, while Michelle Obama has come out of the "African-American Slave Experience", Manning dismisses her as a "fist-bumping big dyke".Normally, the type of white racists Manning is hanging with should be his sworn enemy. However. in this case, I suspect they find him a "useful idiot"

Bob Weber

Post by Bob Weber » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:01 pm

Manning was part of the freak show that the birfers staged at the National Press Club. The one that had non-crazies such as Jeff Schreiber of America's Right running for the exits. The one that debuted the Nitrous Queen herself. It really got the Birfistan Express rolling.

PatGund

Post by PatGund » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:27 pm

Manning was part of the freak show that the birfers staged at the National Press Club. The one that had non-crazies such as Jeff Schreiber of America's Right running for the exits. The one that debuted the Nitrous Queen herself. It really got the Birfistan Express rolling.Yeah, that was Manning, Berg, Dr. Orly, and Bob Schultz of the We The People tax cheats.

Basically the Four Horsemen of the Apackocrap

John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:30 pm

I tune into mikey "stupidilysavage" weiner's radio regularly, just to get a jist of what the rightwing nutjobs will be babbling about the next day, and this evening I heard this stark, raving lunatic "pastor manning" spew like a barrell full of diet coke/mentos well shaken.....that induhvidual needs serious mental health assistance....anybody know what his whole deal is?

PatGund

Post by PatGund » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:32 pm

I tune into mikey "stupidilysavage" weiner's radio regularly, just to get a jist of what the rightwing nutjobs will be babbling about the next day, and this evening I heard this stark, raving lunatic "pastor manning" spew like a barrell full of diet coke/mentos well shaken.....that induhvidual needs serious mental health assistance....anybody know what his whole deal is?See for yourselfviewtopic.php?f=25&t=2735[/break1]typepad.com/badfiction/2009/10/watch-and-then-you-know-what-to-do.html]http://badfiction.typepad.com/badfictio ... to-do.html

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:40 pm

I tune into mikey "stupidilysavage" weiner's radio regularly, just to get a jist of what the rightwing nutjobs will be babbling about the next day, and this evening I heard this stark, raving lunatic "pastor manning" spew like a barrell full of diet coke/mentos well shaken.....that induhvidual needs serious mental health assistance....anybody know what his whole deal is?Or a cop with handcuffs.Among other things, he hates Obama for being the son of a white woman and an African man -- not an African-American man who is a descendant of slaves.Informative article on HuffPost,http://www.huffingtonpost.com/abby-ferb ... 72012.html
“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:50 pm

I tune into mikey "stupidilysavage" weiner's radio regularly, just to get a jist of what the rightwing nutjobs will be babbling about the next day, and this evening I heard this stark, raving lunatic "pastor manning" spew like a barrell full of diet coke/mentos well shaken.....that induhvidual needs serious mental health assistance....anybody know what his whole deal is?Or a cop with handcuffs.Among other things, he hates Obama for being the son of a white woman and an African man -- not an African-American man who is a descendant of slaves.Informative article on HuffPost,http://www.huffingtonpost.com/abby-ferb ... tmlWhereas the birfoons hate Obama for being a fake President, this disgusting racist hates Obama because he is a fake black man.

June bug

Post by June bug » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:20 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:Whereas the birfoons hate Obama for being a fake President, this disgusting racist hates Obama because he is a fake black man.Outstanding Stern, simply outstanding. =D> =D>

John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:45 pm

A real loon. Thanks for the responses.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:30 am

Also I think Manning is the Homophobe from Heck, and hates Obama for being inclusive toward LGBTs.
They say that on his deathbed, Voltaire, asked to renounce the devil, said, "This is no time to be making new enemies."

PatGund

Post by PatGund » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:52 am

Also I think Manning is the Homophobe from Heck, and hates Obama for being inclusive toward LGBTs.Manning has had "Brother" Larry Sinclair on his show, so he might very well believe Sinclair's claims against Obama as well

John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:05 pm

sinclair is a professional moron. Seems right these two pal around together.

Bob Weber

Post by Bob Weber » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:48 pm

As I pointed out in another thread, "Pastor" Manning was part of the birfoon freak show at the National Press Club. The one that had non-crazies such as Jeff Schreiber of "America's Right" bailing out from birfoonery. The one where Orly Taitz made her debut.

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:29 pm

As I pointed out in another thread, "Pastor" Manning was part of the birfoon freak show at the National Press Club. The one that had non-crazies such as Jeff Schreiber of "America's Right" bailing out from birfoonery. The one where Orly Taitz made her debut.The pastor holds a Ph.D. awarded by ATLAH,http://atlah.org/ Theological Seminary (his own seminary). He "found Jesus" while in prison for three and a half years for burglary, robbery, larceny, and a few other things. ATLAH Worldwide Ministries may be on the verge of losing its tax-exempt status,http://current.com/items/89409489_atlah ... status.htm
“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

iangould

Post by iangould » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:32 pm

Based on a quick look at his wikipedia article, Manning appears to be almost exactly what Jeremiah Wright was falsely depicted as.He's a black separatist and border-lien racist.But so long as he hates Obama, there's a large part of American conservatism that's happy to embrace him.

Kriselda Gray
Location: FEMA Camp 2112 - a joint project of the U.S. and Canada

Post by Kriselda Gray » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:36 pm

ATLAH Worldwide Ministries may be on the verge of losing its tax-exempt status,http://current.com/items/89409489_atlah ... us.htmJust as an FYI: The article at the link you've cited doesn't have a date, but I followed the author's link back to the post at her own site. It's from September of last year, so I don't know if "on the verge" is the best description. Of course, I don't know how long IRS investigations of this matter normally take, but it may be that they didn't find cause for removing their exemption (though I'm not sure how that would happen...)
Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand... - "Witch Hunt" by Rush

SCMP = SovCits/Militias/Patriots.

Thor promised to slay the Ice Giants
God promised to quell all evil
-----
I'm not seeing any Ice Giants...

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:10 pm

ATLAH Worldwide Ministries may be on the verge of losing its tax-exempt status,http://current.com/items/89409489_atlah ... us.htmJust as an FYI: The article at the link you've cited doesn't have a date, but I followed the author's link back to the post at her own site. It's from September of last year, so I don't know if "on the verge" is the best description. Of course, I don't know how long IRS investigations of this matter normally take, but it may be that they didn't find cause for removing their exemption (though I'm not sure how that would happen...)It was Americans United for Separation of Church and State that brought ATLAH World Ministries to the attention of the IRS, along with a number of other churches,http://projectfairplay.org/churches-reported-to-irs. The "Search for Charities",http://www.irs.gov/app/pub-78/ at the IRS shows one of AU's complaint churches to still hold tax-exempt status (Word of Outreach, Little Rock, Arkansas), but ATLAH does not come up in a search. That may be because ATLAH World Ministries is not the organization's legal name, or it may mean that AU was successful. The Online Giving page,http://atlah.org/store/page2.html does not claim that "your contribution are tax-deductible," but I recognize that tax-exempt is a different kettle of fish. AU certainly had a lot to build upon:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgtIqeV-6mk

gimmeabreak

Post by gimmeabreak » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:56 pm

Thanks to the good folks here, it looks like Manning got a visit from the Secret Service.[/break1]freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/2388502/posts]http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/2388502/posts

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:12 pm

Thanks to the good folks here, it looks like Manning got a visit from the Secret Service.[/break1]freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/2388502/posts]http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-cha ... 2/postsAnd the Freepers are all calling this an attempt to suppress Manning's freedom of speech. I had somehow expected a few sane Freepers to come on and say "Uh, guys, this is not a person we want to get behind."

June bug

Post by June bug » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:32 pm

From Freeperville: To: sushiman

The Rev. did not mean literally. They will see this when they talk to him. (emphasis mine)

27 posted on Tuesday, November 17, 2009 12:26:20 PM by NoObamaFightForConservativesNo, of course he didn't mean it - how silly of those Feds to think he did.

That's not to say they don't have concerns about the good Reverend:

To: sushiman

Is there anyone here who can explain to me why Manning refers to Glen Beck as a “Nazi Idiot” in this video? While displaying a photoshop of Beck in a Nazi uniform?

I thought Manning was a decent guy, but this makes me seriously wonder about him. (emphasis mine)

32 posted on Tuesday, November 17, 2009 12:33:17 PM by MarineBrat (Better dead than red!)Finally we find one sane person among them:

To: MarineBrat

Because he’s insane. The sooner we stop giving attention to lunatics like this guy and Orly Taitz the better. (emphasis mine)

39 posted on Tuesday, November 17, 2009 12:42:46 PM by KleonOne out of 53...

Return to “Miscellaneous”