The Post and Email

Whip

Re: The Post and Email

Post by Whip » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:25 pm

bob wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:46 pm
P&E comment:
Thomas Arnold lll wrote:PRESIDENT TRUMP’S BIGGEST MISTAKE WAS WHEN, DURING THE 2016 CAMPAIGN, HE CAVED, SACRIFICED HIS HONOR FOR PURELY POLITICAL PURPOSES, AND STATED FOR ALL THE WORLD TO SEE THAT OBAMA WAS “BORN IN THE UNITED STATES PERIOD!”

NOW, HE IS IGNORING THE RIGHTEOUS CAUSE OF ISSUING A PRESIDENTIAL PARDON TO DR TERRY LAKIN, A TRUE AMERICAN HERO WHO FOLLOWED MILITARY CHAIN OF COMMAND PROCEDURES AS AN ARMY LT COL FLIGHT SURGEON TO INQUIRE ABOUT THE SO-CALLED “COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF’S” CREDENTIALS. I GUESS PARDONING DR LAKIN WOULD HAVE TO BE RECOMMENDED BY KIM KARDASHAN!
I LOL'ed.
all these scabs want to wear a pardon like a badge of honor

Whip

Post by Whip » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:27 pm

Notorial Dissent wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:37 pm
Northland10 wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:30 pm
bob wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:33 pm
P&E: Two Lawsuits Against Fox News, Others Dismissed:

Rondeau has one (self-assigned) job, and she can't even be bothered to report on these "details" that the "opinions[*] reveal."

* Orders; de minimis.
That would require reading the orders, or for Rharon, opinions.
It would also require her NOT only reading the opinions but then her understanding what she'd read. The former would require actual work and effort, the latter not within her capabilities.
well, it was a tough story to try to tie into burping as she strains to do already

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:27 am

Well, it does slowly seem to be sinking in that they've wasted a decade on this ridiculous lie (Chuckles called it a "10 year issue"). So there's that :P

Some college kid should write their thesis: "How Birtherism Destroyed Families and Lives With Nothing To Show For It" :towel:

bob

Post by bob » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:18 am

Orlylicious wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:27 am
Well, it does slowly seem to be sinking in that they've wasted a decade on this ridiculous lie (Chuckles called it a "10 year issue"). So there's that
And some birthers are Q followers. Or Dark State believers.

For those who are kookologists, it is interesting to see this pivot. To see how new layers are added to explain why they haven't been vindicated. New goalposts to move. (Rather than, ya know, just admit to being wrong even only if to oneself.)

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:26 pm

I wonder if the birthers will be a tiny footnote in history or will they mark the beginning of the end of US civilization? Birthers begat Trump and so forth.

woodworker

Post by woodworker » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:05 pm

Grumpy Old Guy wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:26 pm
I wonder if the birthers will be a tiny footnote in history or will they mark the beginning of the end of US civilization? Birthers begat Trump and so forth.
The Kochs, the John Birch Society, Nixon, Gingrich and a whole lot more begat the birthers -- racists all.

Pence / Haley -- 2020 "I Won't Call Her Mother" and "We Will Be The Best Team Ever, But Never Alone Together"

bob

Post by bob » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:44 am

P&E comments:
2discern wrote:There is still a unsolved case of the guy who was murdered in DC who saw the foreign student records of Barry Soetero. Lt. Quarle Harris I think his name was. Still not solved. Ummm?
Rondeau wrote:U.S. Secret Service refuses to respond to year-old FOIA request. Phone calls go nowhere and emails remain unanswered.

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:51 am

bob wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:18 am
Orlylicious wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:27 am
Well, it does slowly seem to be sinking in that they've wasted a decade on this ridiculous lie (Chuckles called it a "10 year issue"). So there's that
And some birthers are Q followers. Or Dark State believers.

For those who are kookologists, it is interesting to see this pivot. To see how new layers are added to explain why they haven't been vindicated. New goalposts to move. (Rather than, ya know, just admit to being wrong even only if to oneself.)
An amusing satirical example:
elmo:
Well, ok. Let’s assume the birth certificate is a forgery. How do birthers then explain the fact that the government officials responsible for keeping birth records in Hawaii have publicly and repeatedly confirmed that their official legal records reflect that Obama was indeed born in Hawaii?
Thomas Brown:
Easy. The Rothschilds and George Soros funded a rogue element of the Illuminati to bribe the Aliens living under the Bermuda Triangle with the first-born children of the Conservatives imprisoned in FEMA camps to create perfect copies of the Hawaiian officials, and then use their time-travel abilities to send the Muslim Brotherhood to Hawaii to substitute these impostors for the real officials (who were bumped off by the Clintons to appease Obama so he wouldn’t kill Chelsea) in time to vouch for the forged Birth Certificate.

They then (naturally) left it to the Freemasons to round up all the microfilm copies of the Hawaiian Newspapers and plant new versions created by the CIA in every library they found them in with fake images of the announcements of Obama’s birth there.

Then it was only necessary to make a high-resolution paper copy of the LFBC from the low-resolution compressed computer-generated photo-shopped .pdf from the White House and have the freshly-minted reptilian shape-shifting body doubles plant it in the Hawaii archives… leaving absolutely no traces behind or witnesses who weren’t part of the conspiracy alive.

Childishly simple, really.

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:19 am

I am guessing that over 90% of the readers of the P&E will not get the humor in Thomas Brown's comment and will take it seriously. :rotflmao:

"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:45 pm

Yeah, but if you count you, bob, whoever Brown is, and me, doesn't that kind of screw with the percentages? That stagnant puddle has a pretty finite readership.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:18 pm

Reality Check wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:19 am
I am guessing that over 90% of the readers of the P&E will not get the humor in Thomas Brown's comment and will take it seriously. :rotflmao:
I know that fella. :-

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

bob

Post by bob » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:47 am

P&E: Should Trump Ask Brennan about Obama’s Birth Certificate?:
“UNPRECEDENTED”

At Wednesday’s 2:00 p.m. press briefing, White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders read from a prepared statement from President Trump stating that in the interest of national security, he was revoking the security clearance of Obama CIA Director John O. Brennan.

But what would Brennan say if he were asked about the “long-form” birth certificate image posted in 2011 at whitehouse.gov which a five-year criminal investigation found to be a “computer-generated forgery?”

But what if Trump were to ask Brennan what he knew, when he knew it, and whether or not the CIA played a role in uploading the forgery? Would Brennan maintain his bold, “relentless” stance or suddenly find himself at a loss for words?

And while he’s at it, perhaps Trump should ask Brennan about the 2008 “breach” of Obama’s passport records. After all, at the time, Brennan was CEO of The Analysis Corporation, whose employee reportedly accessed the file within the State Department.

“Why?” Trump could ask Brennan.
This birther fanfic is soooo :yawn: .

bob

Post by bob » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:59 pm

P&E: Trump Attorney Giuliani: “I’d Love to Have Brennan Under Oath”:
“CRIMES WERE COMMITTED”

On today’s “Sunday Morning Futures” hosted by Maria Bartiromo, Trump attorney Rudy Giuliani said that “crimes were committed” associated with the 2016 election, but not on the part of the Trump campaign, as has been under investigation for more than two years.

A topic of conversation was the DNC server, breached by “Russians,” according to the “U.S. intelligence community” but never analyzed by the FBI. “You would think that when your emails are hacked,…you want the strength and might of the U.S. government behind you.” Bartiromo said.
Malachy Doyle[*] wrote:“A topic of conversation was the DNC server, breached by “Russians,” according to the “U.S. intelligence community” but never analyzed by the FBI.”

This is not tectonically true, The DNC gave the FBI an image of their server which is better than the physical server.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... 016-219017
Rondeau wrote:Comey said he would have preferred to have the actual server. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/fbi-direct ... c-servers/

Between Politico and Comey, who is telling the truth?
Confidential to Rondeau: Politico and Comey were both being accurate; it was Bartiromo that was inaccurate.

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

bob

Post by bob » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:37 pm

P&E: Is Kamala Harris Eligible to be President?:
JUNIOR CA SENATOR MAY RUN IN 2020

Given that California Sen. Kamala Harris’s Wikipedia biography states that she was born in Oakland, CA in 1964 to immigrant parents and speculation exists that she plans to run for president in 2020, Golden State citizen Gary Wilmott has been seeking information as to her citizenship status and whether or not she meets the constitutional requirement of “natural born Citizen.”

Neither parent reportedly was present in the U.S. as a legal resident for five years prior to Harris’s birth, a requirement to apply for naturalization, Wilmott observed in an interview with The Post & Email on Thursday.

Wilmott considers a “natural born Citizen” to be an individual born to two U.S.-citizen parents subject to the jurisdiction of the United States. He openly admits that his own birth in the United Kingdom to then-British-citizen parents disqualifies him from that subset of Americans.

During our interview, Wilmott told us that at the end of last year, local “scuttlebutt” had it that Harris was eyeing a 2020 presidential run, prompting him to research her constitutional eligibility. Further supporting speculation that Harris will declare herself a 2020 presidential candidate are numerous articles dating to just after the 2016 presidential election.

On August 10, 2018, a letter to the editor in The Los Angeles Times opined that “Kamala Harris is a lot more qualified to be president than Donald Trump.” The article did not raise the constitutional eligibility issue.

Former Obama eligibility litigant Commander Charles F. Kerchner, Jr. (Ret) recently posted an article arguing that Harris is not constitutionally qualified. “Senator Harris is not being transparent on this issue and her office staff has refused to answer any questions on this subject,” Kerchner wrote. “Given Kamala Harris’s year of birth, and her parents emigration years, she was born in the USA to two foreign nationals and thus inherited their respective birth nation’s citizenship when she was born, in addition to being a basic Citizen by being born in the USA to aliens legally domiciled here. Thus Senator Kamala Harris was born with citizenship and required allegiance at birth to three countries. This is hardly what the founders and framers intended when they selected the “natural born Citizen” requirement for the person who would in the future be permitted to be the President and Commander in Chief of our military, once the founding generation was gone.”

Citing the Wikipedia entry and the five-year naturalization requirement, Wilmott told us, “Each of the parents has to be here five years to apply for citizenship. So if she was born in 1964 and the father came in 1961, adding five years to that, he could not have become an American citizen until 1966, at the earliest. So I immediately wrote a letter to her, which you posted.”

Wilmott’s December 4, 2017 letter to Harris references questions surrounding Barack Obama’s eligibility given that no verifiable proof of his alleged birth in the U.S. exists and he claims a father who was never a U.S. citizen. As the result of a five-year criminal investigation, the “long-form” birth certificate image posted at the White House website in 2011 bearing Obama’s name was declared a “computer-generated forgery” in March 2012.

Wilmott (to Harris) wrote:I couldn’t help but notice that the press has recently been extolling you as the next “Obama” and the inevitable frontrunner for the Democratic presidential nomination in 2020. While this growing presidential buzz may be quite intoxicating for you, I suggest that you take a serious look at Article II of the U.S. Constitution, i.e., the presidential eligibility clause.

Article II, Section 1, Clause 5 mandates that a president be a NATURAL-born citizen, which you clearly are not. At the time of your birth, BOTH of your parents were citizens of foreign countries, so your birth in California makes you at best a NATIVE-born citizen (anchor baby?) under the prevailing view of the 14th Amendment. Lest you think that I have Republican bias I would also point out that presidential wannabes Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio also fail to meet this higher standard of citizenship. Their campaigns were fraudulent and in clear violation of the U.S. Constitution.
He reported that his letter received no response.

Early last month, Wilmott wrote Harris a second letter asking about her parents’ naturalization or absence thereof . . . .

The letter concluded with, “I look forward to your prompt response.”

“I personally don’t think she is a viable candidate and will not run,” Wilmott told us, “but I do think she’s being looked at as a vice-presidential candidate, and she’s not eligible. The 25th Amendment states that the vice president must possess the same qualifications as the president.”

Regarding political operatives’ consideration of constitutional requirements, Wilmott remarked, “At the end of the day, they don’t care about the Constitution; they care about their self-serving aspirations and being in the limelight. If Harris is paying attention, she knows the whole history and that the same situation could come up again. The reason the ‘birther’ issue has never been put to rest is that we know we’re right and we have the Constitution on our side.”

Since 2008, anyone questioning Obama’s eligibility has been called a “birther” or a “racist.” On Friday, the lead investigator of the “long-form” image posted at whitehouse.gov, Mike Zullo, announced that two intelligence-community professionals informed him that “it’s been an open secret” in Washington, DC that “Obama could never satisfy the constitutional requirement of being born on American soil.”

Of his July 2 letter, Wilmott said, “I sent it ‘snail mail’ to all six district offices and waited a month. On the very day of the one-month anniversary, I got a letter in the mail, and it was absolutely a typical response from a politician, thanking me for writing about ‘the state of our nation.'”

The typeface is faint, making the letter difficult to read. “It says nothing about what I asked her,” Wilmott observed.

“It’s an absolute insult that these people feel they can fire off a form letter and completely ignore what was written to them,” he further said. “So I picked up the phone and called her LA office and spoke with a man who was rather indignant when I told him I wanted to know if Senator Harris’s parents were ever U.S. citizens. ‘Well, that’s private,’ he said, and I said, ‘Why is it private that I know whether or not her parents are citizen or not? After all, if she’s being touted as a candidate for President of the United States, I know that she has to be a natural born Citizen, and for me, that means her parents must have been American citizens at the time of her birth. Just because Obama got away with it doesn’t mean we have to sit on the sidelines and watch this continually go on.’ And he said, ‘Well, sir, Obama was born in the United states,’ and I said, ‘So what? That doesn’t make him a natural born Citizen.’ He said, ‘Sir, he was born in Hawaii,’ and I said, ‘That, sir, does not make him a natural born Citizen; perhaps a native-born citizen but not a natural born Citizen.’

“He kept cutting me off and I said, ‘I want to speak with your supervisor,’ and he said, ‘I’ll have him call you.’ I said ‘Yeah, right…’ and he said, ‘I’ll have him call you.'”

“I never heard from him,” Wilmott said.

“If the Wikipedia article is correct, I know that her parents had not been in the country long enough to have been U.S. citizens at the time of her birth,” he continued. Further, he speculated that “if she runs, I think she’s going to play the ‘gender’ card and ‘race’ card, and I don’t think that does anybody any good. Those have not worked out well for us.”
Wilmott's being FOADed is newsworthy!

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:34 pm

Did Rharon and Wilmott forget to notice that Kamala has a sister named Maya?

North-land: of the family 10
UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

bob

Post by bob » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:53 am

P&E: Tucker Carlson Decries People Using Fake Identification:
BUT WHAT ABOUT OBAMA?

During the first segment of his Wednesday night show, “Tucker Carlson Tonight” host Tucker Carlson pointed out that using falsified identification documents is a federal felony punishable with prison time for virtually any American convicted of the crime.

During his 2012 presidential campaign, Romney alluded obliquely to questions over Obama’s “birth certificate” during a rally in Michigan, where Romney was born. As with anyone referring to the “birth certificate” issue relative to Obama, Romney received ridicule for his remark.

[Usual birther :yankyank: snipped.]

bob

Post by bob » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:25 pm

P&E comments:
Lew Harper wrote:Romney never released his long form birth certificate. He only released a short form with no hospital named, and no original signatures of the doctor or his mother. The image presented by him was marked VOID.
Rondeau wrote:Perhaps someone should challenge his eligibility.
Bonus:
Kerchner wrote:The Ankeny case, a state court case and not a U.S. Supreme Court decision, incorrectly stated what the 1898 Wong Kim Ark U.S. Supreme Court case decided/held. The WKA case held that Wong Kim Ark (who was born in the USA to non-Citizen parents who were legally domiciled in the USA) was a Citizen. It did not decide that he was a “natural born Citizen”. See the discussion about the Ankeny case in IN and the 1898 WKA Supreme Court case at [Apuzzo's blog]. The U.S. Supreme Court ducked all the cases regarding hearing if Obama was a “natural born Citizen”. Justice Thomas stated that in a Congressional hearing.

bob

Post by bob » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:13 pm

P&E: Who is the “Crook” who Created the Birth Certificate Forgery?:
AND WHO CLAIMED IT AS HIS OWN?

An editorial by Max Boot published Wednesday at The Washington Post contends, given that former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort was convicted on eight counts of tax evasion and other federal crimes Tuesday, followed by former Trump attorney Michael Cohen’s “guilty” plea to allegedly making illegal campaign contributions presumably at Trump’s request, that Trump is an “illegitimate president whose election is tainted by fraud.”

As with countless other “journalists” and editorialists at The Post, The New York Times, Fox News Channel, and other mainstream monoliths, Boot is ignoring the likely “illegitimacy” of Trump’s predecessor, Barack Hussein Obama, whose only publicly-proffered documentation, including a purported “long-form birth certificate,” has been found fraudulent by a 5+-year criminal investigation, evidence from which has been turned over to “federal authorities.”

[Usual birther :yankyank: snipped.]

Some would argue that there is “growing evidence” of a conspiracy to place a foreign national in the White House, apparently to “fundamentally transform the United States of America,” and, now that his successor is Donald Trump and not Hillary Clinton, an equally-strong conspiracy to remove him from office.

Some would argue, because Trump was the first public persona to raise the Obama “birth certificate” issue to the national level, that he poses an existential threat to the “crooks” who knew that Obama was “an immigrant,” as stated by former New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson in 2008, yet thwarted the truth from emerging with daily, purposeful intent.
Arkady Renko[*] wrote:Where can one read findings of “two well-respected forensic analysts”?
Rondeau wrote:[Link to video Zullo's presser snipped.]
Nb. Rondeau, unsurprisingly, dodged the actual question posed.

Hidden Content

bob

Post by bob » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:19 pm

Rondeau is feeling generous, and allowing more comments through (which I have reorganized for clarity):
Malachy Doyle wrote:The Ankeny opinion was a published opinion by the Indiana Court of Appeals. The Indiana Supreme Court unanimously refused to hear the appeal.

Under Indiana rules that makes Ankeny binding on all Indiana state courts. So in Indiana the legal definition of a natural born citizen is based on the Ankeny decision.

So all anyone needs to do is get a different state court to rule that a natural born citizen requires two citizen parents and the case will have to be taken up by the U.S. Supreme Court.

Simple
Gary M Wilmott wrote:[T]hat would mean that Anwar Al-Awaki, born in New Mexico to Yemeni citizen parents was eligible to run for POTUS. Ridiculous on its face.
M.C. Duff[*] wrote: Ankeny wasn’t a SCOTUS case, but many judges cited it when concluding that Obama was a natural-born citizen. No judge or legal scholar has ever said that Ankeny was wrongly decided.
Kerchner wrote:For the WHY the “natural born Citizen” clause, a national security clause, was added to the U.S. Constitution for the eligibility requirements for the singular most power office in our federal government, President and Commander-in-Chief of our military, and its original intent, meaning, and understanding to those who put it in there see [Kerchner's :yankyank: .] Unfortunately the courts are for the most part controlled by the two major political parties on this subject with each of the two parties having their favored non-natural born Citizen candidates and thus far this has not been permitted to get to the U.S. Supreme Court due to lower court technicality rulings such as “standing” and/or by the U.S. Supreme Court dodging cases which did petition them.
James Carter wrote:Under Article VI of the U.S. Constitution the Supreme Court trumps all lower courts. That means Minor vs Happersett, for just one, trumps Ankenny
M.C. Duff wrote:The U.S. Supreme Court has never ruled that Minor “trumps” Ankeny, or that Ankeny somehow got it wrong. And judges have rejected the argument that Minor requires two citizen parents.
James Carter wrote:As if the Supreme Court has to specifically rule that one it’s cases trumps a lower court’s case, or that a lower court somehow got it wrong. Lower court judges can reject a Supreme Court ruling until the sun doesn’t shine but their opinion doesn’t trump that Supreme Court ruling.
M.C. Duff wrote:A greater court can overrule a lower court’s ruling, but until that actually happens, the lower court’s ruling is the law. Which is exactly what happened with Ankeny.

Ankeny is the law only in Indiana. But no judge or legal scholar ever has said that Ankeny got it wrong, or that Minor requires two citizen patents.
Lew Harper wrote:Who actually decides what is a Supreme Court precedent?

Who decides how to interpret a Supreme Court opinion?

Isn’t it the lower courts? Litigants make an argument that this Supreme Court opinion or that opinion supports their position and the courts (the trier of law) determines which of them is right.

Several courts have ruled that Wong Kim Ark is the binding precedent and several have specifically said that Minor v. Happersett is not.

So until the Supreme Court steps in and rules the lower courts are wrong, the case law supports Senators Harris, Rubio, Governor Jindal and Ambassador Haley.
Rondeau wrote:Who has the final say: the courts or the people?
M.C. Duff wrote:The courts issue rulings, which are legally binding on the people. If the people think the courts got one wrong, the people (via their representatives or ballot initiatives) can change the law (or amend the constitution), as permitted. The people (again through their representatives or the ballot box) also can remove errant judges via impeachment, recall, not re-electing them, or other procedures as permitted by law.

Civil disobedience also is an option for the people. But those who ignore judicial rulings that they don’t agree with should expect the government to punish that disobedience.
And:
Lew Harper wrote:Also too, for completeness, when Trump obtained his birth certificate from New York, it was a short form with no hospital or doctor listed, no signature of his mother, no raised seal and marked void.
Rondeau wrote:Is this a short-form? [Link to the president's long form snipped.]
Lew Harper wrote:Why is there no raised seal?

Why are the typed entries all pixelated?

Look at box 12 Birthplace of the Father – NYC is pixelated almost as if it came from a different document that was at a different resoltion than the black background.

Could this document be used to obtain a passport?
Rondeau wrote:Look into it and report here what you find.
Rondeau is curiously incurious about the president's birth certificate, while still obsessed with Obama's. :think:

Hidden Content

bob

Post by bob » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:01 pm

bob wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:19 pm
Rondeau is feeling generous, and allowing more comments through
Generous Rondeau has been replaced by the usual fascist moderating Rondeau. :crying:

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:41 pm

Duh! The Akeney case accepts that the Supreme Court said Wong Kim Ark was a Natural Born Citizen. What other State would go against that,

W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:06 pm

bob wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:01 pm
bob wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:19 pm
Rondeau is feeling generous, and allowing more comments through
Generous Rondeau has been replaced by the usual fascist moderating Rondeau. :crying:
Yep, still baned. I tried posting this on Sibley's Constitutional brainfart thread:
The premise underlying the thesis is false. Rosenstein did not invoke authority under 5 U.S. Code § 3345(a) in his letter. That provision of the law is only invoked “f an officer of an Executive agency . . . dies, resigns, or is otherwise unable to perform the functions and duties of the office,"which is not the case for Sessions. The authority Rosenstein invokes is instead under 28 U.S. Code § 510:

"28 U.S. Code § 510 - Delegation of authority

The Attorney General may from time to time make such provisions as he considers appropriate authorizing the performance by any other officer, employee, or agency of the Department of Justice of any function of the Attorney General.

(Added Pub. L. 89–554, § 4(c), Sept. 6, 1966, 80 Stat. 612.)"

It is under 28 USC § 510 that Rosenstein is Acting Attorney General, not 5 UC §3345(a).

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:24 pm

Grumpy Old Guy wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:41 pm
Duh! The Akeney case accepts that the Supreme Court said Wong Kim Ark was a Natural Born Citizen. What other State would go against that,
Since they have almost certainly NOT read Ankeny to begin with, it is kind of rude to expect them to actually know what is in it, let alone understand it.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:40 pm

Notorial Dissent wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:24 pm
Grumpy Old Guy wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:41 pm
Since they have almost certainly NOT read Ankeny to begin with, it is kind of rude to expect them to actually know what is in it, let alone understand it.
Sigh! It is so hard to think like a poot.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:51 pm

Part of the whole issue there is the whole "think" thing, they just simply DON'T.

Return to “Miscellaneous”