Free Republic

Skip Intro

Re: Free Republic

Post by Skip Intro » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:05 pm

For someone so good with maths, Slarti, you've missed the mark here. RimJob has made makes over a million dollars on his hate site every three years.
FIFY
One major characteristic of the current administration is its deep and abiding terror of expertise in general, and outside expertise in particular. - Charles Pierce

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:22 pm

Nice lack of work if you can get it.
"I think its pretty troubling when a backyard decoration comes out swinging harder against Nazis than the President of the United States." - Stephen Colbert

Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:23 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:
Flatpointhigh wrote: Most of them?
My understanding is that FR is a pretty lucrative scam. Even if his claims are inflated, he's probably made hundreds of thousands over the years.
For someone so good with maths, Slarti, you've missed the mark here. RimJob has made well over a million dollars on his hate site.
For someone so good with lawyering, :sterngard: , you've missed the mark here. I asserted my belief that FR is a lucrative scam, something that would be confirmed if the assertion you made without evidence is true, and then suggested that, if, as would be unsurprising, Rimjob's revenue numbers are exaggerated, his take was likely into six figures (with the first figure not being "1"). In the context of my conditional, I object to your assertion which assumes facts that are not in evidence and very unlikely to be true if, in fact, Rimjob's Freepathon income is not as large as he says it is.

I'm sure most people don't notice how throughly I qualify just about* everything I say, but it's probably* a bad idea to assume that you've caught me in a logical error unless you can prove** it.

* see what I mean. :towel:

** "Prove" being used in the mathematical sense of "shown to be unquestionably true".

Personally, I would not be surprised if RimJob is using every "trick" he can think of to increase the bottom line he posts on his website. It's certainly not like his accounting practices are in any way transparent.

:towel:
"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
---Sun Tzu (quoting Thomas Jefferson)
nam-myoho-renge-kyo---Thomas Jefferson (quoting Slartibartfast)

Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:24 pm

Suranis wrote:Nice lack of work if you can get it.
Nah. It wouldn't be worth it to never feel clean again.
"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
---Sun Tzu (quoting Thomas Jefferson)
nam-myoho-renge-kyo---Thomas Jefferson (quoting Slartibartfast)

Return to “Miscellaneous”