Running Serrano Eligibility Joke Gets Serious -- Supreme Defines NBC

verbalobe

Post by verbalobe » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:34 am

Reportedly March 14, 2013, House Appropriations Committee (chairman Representative Crenshaw presiding) - exchange between Rep Jose Serrano and Justices Kennedy and Breyer (in Alito's absence, I guess)

Of course, [/break1]com/JBrbJ]ORYR and AGJ breathlessly post it under the following headline:

Shock Audio: U.S. Supreme Court Justice Jokes He's Waiting For Presidential Eligibility Case

...which, surprise, isn't exactly the case, and anyway, yes, it's all a joke.

We're waiting for your case on the Puerto Rican Presidency... to come to us... I mean the United States. But you also have to be 35 years old. Have you met that requirement? :lol:[BBvideo 425,350:2lu57rtw][/BBvideo]

(I'll switch this out to an unedited CSPAN or network version if someone finds it.)

But the money quote:

You know, the likely explanation for the division in Article II Section 1 -- a Natural born citizen and 35 years of age -- was so that we would not invite a royal, uh, European royalty to come in and have, uh, be the occupant of the White House. Number one, had to be 35 years old, so that it wouldn't be an infant with a governor; and, number two, born in the United States so it wouldn't be European royalty. That's the probable reason... I wasn't there at the time.This quote in the ORYR video is supered with a slide stating:

Natural Born Citizen

[*:2lu57rtw]Born on U.S. Soil

AND

[*:2lu57rtw]Both parents U.S. CitizensWhich is so totally what the Supreme Court Justice just said. :sarcasm:

mimi

Post by mimi » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:56 am

u.s. news dot com, washington whispers, April 27, 2011Justice Breyer Enters Birther DebateBy Paul BedardApril 27, 2011 RSS Feed PrintChances are that if those who question President Obama’s American birth, like Donald Trump, get a case before the U.S. Supreme Court, there could be a lively and unpredictable debate. At a House Appropriations subcommittee hearing this month, Justice Stephen Breyer waded into the white-hot discussion of whether those born outside the 50 states can be president. His comments came when Bronx Rep. Jose Serrano, a Democrat and Puerto Rico native, asked if he could be president. “That still hasn’t been settled,” Serrano said. “Does the person get aggrieved [and sue] at the time I declare my candidacy, or do I have to be elected first?” Breyer took the bait. “Why would anyone be aggrieved if you were running for president? Wouldn’t they be pleased?” he said before quoting the Constitution: “It says no person except a natural-born citizen. Well?” Serrano chimed in, “I’m a natural born citizen.” Breyer: “OK.” A gleeful Serrano: “I can’t believe we just had a Supreme Court decision.” A vague Breyer: “Well, you said you are a natural-born citizen.” Serrano said, “Well that’s what I believe I am,” before assuring the hearing room that he would not make a primary challenge to Obama in 2012.

mimi

Post by mimi » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:00 am

For those who can't see the youtube, you can read here:[/break1]cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57574317/can-a-puerto-rican-be-president-justice-breyer-speculates/]http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-575 ... peculates/or here:[/break1]caribbeanbusinesspr.com/news/serrano-presses-us-top-court-justices-on-possibility-of-pr-born-president-82213.html]http://www.caribbeanbusinesspr.com/news ... 82213.html

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:15 pm

Crossposted from the Freep threadHad an odd experiance today. I was looking for something else, and I found a link to Freep which had its headlineJustice Kennedy: Natural Born Citizen Clause Was To Prevent European Royalty From Being POTUS[/break1]freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3000428/posts]http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-new ... 8/postsAnd it was posted not 3 hours before. OOoooh I say, that looks interesting. So I click itThis thread has been pulled.Pulled on 03/25/2013 1:27:37 AM PDT by Admin Moderator, reason:Poster used wrong source, wrong link, wrong title, wrong content in order to post material from blocked site.Its a konspiracy I tell you.
Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

Return to “Legal Claims by Birthers”