GUTHRIE (JEDI PAULY) v UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, et al.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Tue May 28, 2013 11:25 pm

Logorrhea, that is, a torrent of incoherent speech, is often a symptom of mental illness.So, in my opinion, is glossolalia.

Piffle

Post by Piffle » Tue May 28, 2013 11:29 pm

Yeah, he wants his peeps to chip in money so he can go on a jaunt to the UK on a diplomatic mission. To Cambridge.This guy's content-value-to-words-expended ratio is one of the lowest I've ever seen. What a piece of work.

A Legal Lohengrin

Post by A Legal Lohengrin » Tue May 28, 2013 11:33 pm

Piece of something, anyway.

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR » Tue May 28, 2013 11:34 pm

He qualifies for political asylum, he says. I agree that he qualifies for asylum.
“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

ducktape

Post by ducktape » Tue May 28, 2013 11:42 pm

Logorrhea, that is, a torrent of incoherent speech, is often a symptom of mental illness.So, in my opinion, is glossolalia.Certainly it's a sign of some sort of "possession" ... but that's what the practitioners of it think it is, too.

That's something I've really been trying to understand, since I discovered that my grandmother's brother was one of the founders of the Pentacostal Holiness movement. I was totally shocked to discover this, since other members of the family I had met were good folks but church was mostly a community thing, not so much religion. But this one (who was disabled from a difficult birth) was driven.

I've read some of his books, or portions of them, after I found out last year, and all I can say at this point is "brilliant, rigid, obsessed." He believed, btw, that glossolalia was the sign that you had received the Holy Ghost.

A Legal Lohengrin

Post by A Legal Lohengrin » Tue May 28, 2013 11:46 pm

The funny thing is "actual" glossolalia, as in the New Testament, is not generating a bunch of meaningless gibberish, like Pentecostals do in their weird pseudo-seizures. Supposedly, glossolalia is a sign of the presence of the Paraclete (hi Leo) and allows an inspired prophet to speak so that it is understood by everyone. This Pentecostal bullshit is pretty much the opposite of that.

ducktape

Post by ducktape » Tue May 28, 2013 11:53 pm

The funny thing is "actual" glossolalia, as in the New Testament, is not generating a bunch of meaningless gibberish, like Pentecostals do in their weird pseudo-seizures. Supposedly, glossolalia is a sign of the presence of the Paraclete (hi Leo) and allows an inspired prophet to speak so that it is understood by everyone. This Pentecostal bullshit is pretty much the opposite of that.From my reading, early in the movement (in the 1890s or so), the Pentacostals (as they would come to be called later) believed that as well. So some missionaries went off to China and got a great surprise. After that, they changed their theology of what glossolalia was supposed to be.

Bubba

Post by Bubba » Tue May 28, 2013 11:59 pm

Logorrhea, that is, a torrent of incoherent speech, is often a symptom of mental illness.I would not call it incoherent. His writings have internal logic, and he is able to express himself in an organized manner. I believe the medical term for what he has is delusion. Delusion of grandeur (irrationally inflated view of ones importance, knowledge, or power). Example: He wrote that the people of the US of A may choose him to lead them through an imagined crises, he thinks he alone has the intelligence to figure out a the meaning of the NBC requirement, the chosen self reference as "Jedi General" is very revealing. Delusion of persecution (irrational belief that one is being attacked, persecuted, targeted). Example: The hysterical claim that the FBI is targeting him for assassination, conflating criticism of himself with a criminal act, countless claims that he is being singled out, disenfranchised, or martyred. Delusion of reference (irrational belief that general and unrelated events have some kind of personal relevance to oneself). Example: His belief that political moves by national leadership in Washington are a direct response to his court filings, taking generic or even automatic court responses and weaving them into a fanciful tapestry of behind the scenes maneuvers and political intrigue involving himself.Volkonski: Paul Guthrie generated 1000+ pages of birther screed. There is simply no way anybody is that dedicated of a troll. Paul Guthrie is for real.

A Legal Lohengrin

Post by A Legal Lohengrin » Wed May 29, 2013 12:07 am

Volkonski: Paul Guthrie generated 1000+ pages of birther screed. There is simply no way anybody is that dedicated of a troll. Paul Guthrie is for real.A real, actual psychotic lunatic in need of an intervention from anyone who cares about him, assuming there are any such people. Friends don't let friends birf.

Geritol

Post by Geritol » Wed May 29, 2013 12:09 am

"His reasons are as two grains of wheat hid in two bushels of chaff; you shall seek all day ere you find them, and when you have them, they are not worth the search."

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed May 29, 2013 6:46 am

I read a bit of it.He was recently summoned for jury duty. He returned the blank form with a letter to the court explaining that it is not a court of competent jurisdiction. If they ignore it, he wins. If they persecute him for it, he wins. He already won: He proved that every court in this great land of ours is invalid and unable to function legally.He also gave out his plan for future litigation in federal court:The next suit must have expert clinical psychiatric doctors to certify that the judges are functionally insane and Paul Guthrie is sane and rational and that natural born Citizen is clearly the result of males who must give their consent to create them and then claim the offspring and make a reporting and it is not even up to the female. The mental credibility of the Judges must be attacked ...Good plan. The man is a genius. A sane and rational genius. ;;)
I put the 'fun' in dysfunctional.

everalm

Post by everalm » Wed May 29, 2013 6:56 am

The man needs his ashes hauling in the worst possible way, the trouble is I don't see how even the most masochistic of subs would put up with his crap....then again maybe Racist Jim could point him in the right direction.....

BFB

Post by BFB » Wed May 29, 2013 8:35 am

I read the first four grafs, then I was afraid I'd catch teh crazy, so I stopped.

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check » Wed May 29, 2013 8:44 am

I think this paragraph should be brought to the attention of the Southern District of Indiana Court. The insane moron Guthrie seems to be fantasizing about putting Judges Barker and Magnus-Stinson on trial for treason. Barker has no clue that her ruling and judgment provides absolutely no immunity at all for her or Stinson, [highlight]and actually could lead to her arrest and criminal trial and even possible execution for High Treason.[/highlight]If we ever get a proper nbC President again, his administration could blow through her presumption of immunity like it was tissue paper. All a new administration with an nbC President would have to say is that they do not recognize the foreign bogus jurisdiction of the previous administration, and that [highlight]Guthrie put them both on notice and even gave them the opportunity to undo what they had done so as not to be criminals, and they still went ahead anyway and declared Obama to be a President and a natural born Citizen, and then what would Barker and Stinson do? How would they defend themselves once a new valid President and his administration arrest and charge them with crimes?[/highlight]
"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Wed May 29, 2013 9:17 am

So... Guthrie claims the Courts are illegitimate, and he's going to prove it with a Court case? :crazy: :dazed: ](*,)
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed May 29, 2013 9:19 am

Yes, but not until he can find expert clinical psychiatric doctors who will certify that the entire federal bench is functionally insane and that Guthrie is sane and rational. He's prob'ly already looking. I like a man who's willing to take on a challenge. ;;)
I put the 'fun' in dysfunctional.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Wed May 29, 2013 9:30 am

Logorrhea, that is, a torrent of incoherent speech, is often a symptom of mental illness.SNIP-----------Volkonski: Paul Guthrie generated 1000+ pages of birther screed. There is simply no way anybody is that dedicated of a troll. Paul Guthrie is for real.Oh, I don't know. Even 1000 pages isn't so much with modern word processing software. I would think a truly crazy person would get things right once in a while if only by accident. This fellow is so consistent in his craziness that it seems like an act, like someone pretending to be crazy.
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede » Wed May 29, 2013 9:50 am

Come on guys, he's going to bring in foreign help. He's going to Cambridge to find Richard Dawkins, so it's a shame that Dawkins is (as far as I am aware) still based near Oxford, many miles away. Of course, Dawkins is famous for his many pronouncements on the illegitimacy of the President. Or is he... er, NO! Dawkins is moderately gentle with nutters, but I can't imagine Guthrie getting anything other than a form "FO" letter.

Perhaps Guthrie thinks Dawkins might be interested because Dawkins was (genuinely) born in Kenya?

And Guthrie also thinks Nigel Farage of the UK Independence Party (UKIP) might help. Farage is a notorious buffoon, and seems good-natured, but he is not a complete fool. He has a hard enough job dealing with the loonies and racists that want to join his party without wanting an extra American loony racist. As for Farage being a new Winston Churchill... mmm, that's a stretch.

So if Dawkins and Farage bail out, that leaves Guthrie searching for a pro bono lawyer in the UK who would be interested in taking on lunatic US litigation. There is much less pro bono work done in the UK than in the US, so that would be a long shot if it were an interesting and plausible UK or European case; for an uninteresting and insane US case, it's about as likely as Guthrie, Zullo, Taitz, Klayman, Apuzzo, Farrar and Strunk issuing a joint press release signed by all saying "we are lying racist seditionist fools".

Guthrie is clearly insane (for some value of "insane"), but he is also a nasty piece of shit.

Roboe

Post by Roboe » Wed May 29, 2013 1:17 pm

Who'da thunk that religious persecution was the primary reason behind the US revoultion :-k

Sekrit Stuffs!
I assume he's mixing them up with the Mayflower pilgrims, but they weren't persecuted as such - they left England because it wasn't religious enough

rosy

Post by rosy » Wed May 29, 2013 2:23 pm

I read it all, I have these occasional bouts of masochism. It was dreary and boring but the massive leaps in logic that Guthrie makes were quite bizarre. The whole thing about President Obama being a king is just the start of his madness.

Can someone on your side of the pond put him on a no fly list before he gets on a plane to fly here? Please?

He talks of going to Cambridge to meet Richard Dawkins, which will be entertaining for both of them, given that Professor Dawkins is at Oxford, as Sam The Centipede points out. Perhaps if he manages to go to the right place and in the unlikely event Prof Dawkins wants to meet him, I doubt the foolish Jedi will be suffered gladly. He also wants to meet the swivel eyed loon Nigel Farage of UKIP who is unlikely to be interested in anything that Guthrie has to say - why would he be?

Apparently, he thinks he will be able to claim political asylum here, and that our courts will be sympathetic to his cause. He doesn't qualify for asylum (as he's entering from a safe country), and if he tries to claim it at immigration the most likely reaction of the Border Agency will be to refuse entry and put him on the next plane back. Of course, he could just say he's here for a holiday and be granted entry, but I'd be surprised if the Border Agency are not already aware of him and his plans of asylum and judge-shopping. If they are not, someone might write to them to make them aware of Jedi Pauly and his plans, but of course I couldn't possibly comment on that. ;)

As a foreigner, he won't be eligible for free NHS treatment except in certain circumstances, so if he wants a clean bill of health from a psychiatrist he will have to pay. I don't think he's likely to get that clean bill of health once he starts burbling about his sacred sperm of citizenship, even if he had lots of £££ to splash (which he doesn't, given he's trying to raise $10,000/£6,600 for six months here including flights). In fact, only having what amounts to about £5,000 after he's paid for the return flight may be another reason for him not to be granted entry, as he has to demonstrate he can support himself (or be supported by a named person) for the duration of his stay here and £5k isn't much to last for 6 months if he has to pay for accommodation.

I am not sure what cause of action he thinks he has in our courts, but if he thinks he can persuade a solicitor, a barrister, a magistrate or a judge that President Obama is a "king", or that women cannot register the births of their children, or that his crazy theory of only males being able to confer citizenship to their children has any validity, then he has got another think coming. He won't even get a case into court to rule on President Obama's nbc status - it's not something on which our courts could rule.

Even if some crazy judge ruled that Guthrie is king of the world or something, that would have no effect on anyone or anything in the USA.

Part of me would like him to turn up here, and the story of his trip could be made into an amusing documentary fronted by someone like [/break1]wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Theroux%27s_Weird_Weekends]Louis Theroux. Even more people could point and laugh at him, and we're very good at that. But the sensible side of me would rather he stayed in the USA and not inflict himself on us.

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede » Wed May 29, 2013 5:07 pm

... to add to Rosy's analysis: how could Guthrie possibly get justice when the head of state of the United Kingdom is ... a woman! So the courts of London must be as unkonstitushunal as those he is currently abusing.

PatGund

Post by PatGund » Wed May 29, 2013 5:42 pm

Maybe it's a nutcase exchange programme. We get Viscount Monckton, they get Paul Guthrie and a fruitbat to be named later.What I find funny is Padawan Paulie making a big deal about his mum being from the UK. Unless he was born after 1983, that pretty much counts for squat when it comes to citizenship.

BFB

Post by BFB » Wed May 29, 2013 5:59 pm

What a sad, sad little nutjob he is. I hope he doesn't have pets.

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR » Wed May 29, 2013 6:14 pm

Kenya does not have kings anymore. Maybe that would be a better fit for General Jedi Pauly. However, my favorite destination for him would be the Pitcairn Islands. If he goes to the main island, he would have to live with one of the four remaining families, all descendants of the mutineers. There is a supply ship that calls four times a year.
“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

Return to “Legal Claims by Birthers”