Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

It pays to complain (sometimes)

Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

I decided to replace the worn out wiper blades on my 2019 Hyundai Sonata. We were in Sam's Club and they had the correct (I thought) wiper blades for my car. I started to put them on only to find out someone had put a 24" blade in the 26" bin. :mad: So next time we were back at Sam's I swapped it out for the correct length.

Back home I installed one and after figuring out which of 4 adapters I needed I started to install the next one. Of course the adapter I needed was missing. :mad: :mad: Since Sam's is 40 minutes away I thought I would try going through the customer service gauntlet for Peak Automotive. After a 5 minute wait I was connected to a CSR who was in the US! He was very helpful and after I explained my issue he said he would ship me out either the part I was missing or a new blade. Yesterday I received not only a brand new 26" blade but a complete set of premium Goodyear wiper blades that CSR said in a handwritten note that they also manufactured for Goodyear.

I looked up the price for a set of the Goodyear blades on Amazon and was shocked to find they were $65. I paid $23 for the ones at Sam's. Now that is customer service. :biggrin:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Sweet, the squeaky wheel! That is really outstanding though.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
June bug

Post by June bug »

Good for you, RC!! :clap:

Return to “Whatever Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”