Congressional Research Service debunking of Birtherism (2nd CRS memo found)

realist

Post by realist » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:00 pm

Jeebus! Is Mario on suicide watch? Donofrio? What is left for them? Oh, the humanity.

Just one failure after another.

It's natural for Charlie Kerchner to be a failure at law, but poor, poor, disillusioned, inept Mario and Leo. Not to mention the Pidgeon. (Nobody counts Orly. Even the media thinks she's nutz.)I wonder if Mr. Maskell's memo meets Leo's new standards for comments on his blog... =))

Of course not... it disagrees with Leo's Minor an Vattel BS.
ImageX 4 ImageX36

Jez

Post by Jez » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:04 pm

Well, since I don't think anyone else has done it, I hereby claim Jack Maskell as my pretend fake boyfriend. :xo :xo :xo So there.
I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

~Khalil Gibran

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:16 pm

Has anyone ever seen Maskell and Ballentine together? Hmmmm? :-k
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

Kriselda Gray
Location: FEMA Camp 2112 - a joint project of the U.S. and Canada

Post by Kriselda Gray » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:20 pm

I know we don't like to get too involved in sending stuff to the lawyers having to deal with birther cases, but if a case comes up where it seems appropriate to offer assistance, this would be a great document to send. I'd love to see a birther lawyer's head explode if a judge were to, say, take Judicial Notice of it's contents :D
Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand... - "Witch Hunt" by Rush

SCMP = SovCits/Militias/Patriots.

Thor promised to slay the Ice Giants
God promised to quell all evil
-----
I'm not seeing any Ice Giants...

Litlebritdifrnt2

Post by Litlebritdifrnt2 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:24 pm

I think it should be spread far and wide, particularly to the Elections Board of every State in the Nation. Personally Imma gonna post it all over da place. :twisted:

Slarti the White

Post by Slarti the White » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:30 pm

I know we don't like to get too involved in sending stuff to the lawyers having to deal with birther cases, but if a case comes up where it seems appropriate to offer assistance, this would be a great document to send. I'd love to see a birther lawyer's head explode if a judge were to, say, take Judicial Notice of it's contents :D I don't know, if a judge took notice of that with Orly* in the courtroom, I think her head might go nookuler**...* Orly Taitz, DDS Esquire--who is not yet, to the best of my knowledge, disbarred** not a death threat
"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
---Sun Tzu (quoting Thomas Jefferson)
nam-myoho-renge-kyo---Thomas Jefferson (quoting Slartibartfast)

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:37 pm

I wonder if Mr. Maskell's memo meets Leo's new standards for comments on his blog...I was thinking the same thing. :lol:
"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016

esseff44

Post by esseff44 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:41 pm

I think it should be spread far and wide, particularly to the Elections Board of every State in the Nation. Personally Imma gonna post it all over da place. :twisted:Yes, it should be sent to all the SOS of state who are about to be bombarded with challenges and demands to take Obama off the ballot. The answers are all there with citations. They might as well be prepared for the onslaught and have the template ready to plug in the names and addresses of the challengers. This is very helpful to anyone who has to deal with the birthers as part of their job.I bet the Asst. AG of NH would have like to have had this handy to give to that obnoxious legislator demanding a written response to her question. Well, the CRS report answers her questions and then some.

Epectitus

Post by Epectitus » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:04 pm

And the response begins, from [/break1]com/508]Pambly's new website:The Congressional Research Service releases another error-ridden report on the natural born citizen requirement, by legislative attorney Jack Maskell. The document is full of contradictions. (Maskell writes, “There is no provision in the Constitution and no controlling American case law to support a contention that the citizenship of one’s parents governs the eligibility of a native born U.S. citizen to be President.” Two sentences later he states, “…the eligibility of native born U.S. citizens has been settled law for more than a century…” If there is no controlling case law, how can the issue have been settled law for more than a century?) Maskell intentionally treats the terms citizenship at birth and natural born citizenship at birth as equivalent, when they are not. Predictably, Maskell misinterprets and misstates the Supreme Court cases United States v. Kim Wong Ark and Happersett v. Minor. Further, Maskell ridicules those who rely on the use of the term natural born citizen in Emerich Vattel’s Law of Nations, arguing that an English translation of the book was not published until after the adoption if the U.S. Constitution. The Founding Fathers did, in fact, rely on Vattel but, unlike Maskell, they understood French. (Maskell apparently believes that history is relevant only if written in English.) [26859]More at the link.
"Hell, I would wear a dress and ruby red slippers all year if we can prove this" - Mike Zullo

PatGund

Post by PatGund » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Predictably, Maskell misinterprets and misstates the Supreme Court cases United States v. Kim Wong Ark and Happersett v. Minor.By which she means "quotes them directly, correctly, and accurately"Further, Maskell ridicules those who rely on the use of the term natural born citizen in Emerich Vattel’s Law of Nations, arguing that an English translation of the book was not published until after the adoption if the U.S. Constitution. The Founding Fathers did, in fact, rely on Vattel but, unlike Maskell, they understood French. (Maskell apparently believes that history is relevant only if written in English.) [26859]Ah, so she overlooked the part where Maskell not only cited the French version, but an EARLIER English translation that was different from the post-Constitution version the birthers cling to?

Epectitus

Post by Epectitus » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:20 pm

Predictably, Maskell misinterprets and misstates the Supreme Court cases United States v. Kim Wong Ark and Happersett v. Minor.By which she means "quotes them directly, correctly, and accurately"Further, Maskell ridicules those who rely on the use of the term natural born citizen in Emerich Vattel’s Law of Nations, arguing that an English translation of the book was not published until after the adoption if the U.S. Constitution. The Founding Fathers did, in fact, rely on Vattel but, unlike Maskell, they understood French. (Maskell apparently believes that history is relevant only if written in English.) [26859]Ah, so she overlooked the part where Maskell not only cited the French version, but an EARLIER English translation that was different from the post-Constitution version the birthers cling to?Actually... while that's on Pambly website, it was written by Don Fredrick.
"Hell, I would wear a dress and ruby red slippers all year if we can prove this" - Mike Zullo

June bug

Post by June bug » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:23 pm

From Don Fredrick's diatribe on Pammie's website:

(Maskell writes, “There is no provision in the Constitution and no controlling American case law to support a contention that the citizenship of one’s parents governs the eligibility of a native born U.S. citizen to be President.”Memo to Don and Pammie: What Maskell is saying here is that nothing in the Constitution or controlling American case law supports birther contentions that the citizenship of one's parents has anything to do with one's eligibility to be President.Two sentences later he states, “…the eligibility of native born U.S. citizens has been settled law for more than a century…”Memo to Don and Pammie: Here Maskell is referring to the fact that Wong Kim Ark made the eligibility of native born U.S. citizens settled law over a century ago.If there is no controlling case law, how can the issue have been settled law for more than a century?Memo to Don and Pammie: How have you managed to get this far in life without being learning to read?

Edit: h/t to Eppie
Edit: and to realist!

realist

Post by realist » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:25 pm

From Pammie's diatribe:

(Maskell writes, “There is no provision in the Constitution and no controlling American case law to support a contention that the citizenship of one’s parents governs the eligibility of a native born U.S. citizen to be President.”Memo to Pammie: What Maskill is saying here is that nothing in the Constitution or controlling American case law supports birther contentions that the citizenship of one's parents has anything to do with one's eligibility to be President.Two sentences later he states, “…the eligibility of native born U.S. citizens has been settled law for more than a century…”Memo to Pammie: Here Maskill is referring to the fact that Wong Kim Ark made the eligibility of native born U.S. citizens settled law over a century ago.If there is no controlling case law, how can the issue have been settled law for more than a century?Memo to Pammie: How have you managed to get this far in life without being learning to read?Note: It's not Pammy's writing, I don't think. I think it was written by Don Fredrick... The Obama Timeline Don Fredrick.

Still has reading and comprehension problems, but just sayin'.
ImageX 4 ImageX36

June bug

Post by June bug » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:27 pm

:oops: Fixed incorrect attribution in the original post - thanks to Epectitus and Realist! :oops:

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:33 pm

I wonder if Mr. Maskell's memo meets Leo's new standards for comments on his blog...I was thinking the same thing. :lol:Has anyone noticed that after Leo posted his criteria no one seems to have qualified to post on his blog. Except Leo.

Slarti the White

Post by Slarti the White » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:39 pm

I think that was the point, Stern...
"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
---Sun Tzu (quoting Thomas Jefferson)
nam-myoho-renge-kyo---Thomas Jefferson (quoting Slartibartfast)

bob

Post by bob » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:50 pm

The 2d CRS report has been posted [/break1]facebook.com/#!/jerome.corsi/posts/326572544026992]to Corsi's facebook page, so it should appear on WND soonish. Comment:

This is a highly misleading study by Maskill. [highlight]Misleading to the point that you have to question his interest in truth as opposed to an agenda[/highlight]. Truth be told, I don't know how the Supreme Court would fall on this issue. It would likely be split and depend on the make up of the Court at the time. [highlight]But this study tries to hide the fact that there is a debate on this[/highlight]. [highlight]It also misrepresents the Minor case[/highlight] in terms of it's precedent of the American Common Law definition of NBC as one born in the US to citizen parents. An interesting point, this [highlight]study was done before it was discovered the Justia, and several other legal research sites, were suppressing the Minor[/highlight] case and altering the composition of this debate.
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

bob

Post by bob » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:09 pm

Doc C. said he got the memo from "congressional source." Which inspired [/break1]obamaconspiracy.org/2011/11/new-congressional-report-on-presidential-eligibility/#comment-138604]this comment:Sallyven":nnpkqt3t">So, Dr. C, you won’t name the source? Wouldn’t that be public information anyway? And how did you even know to ask for it? And you must admit, the timing of the report is rather remarkable considering the new flurry of activity over on [/break1]org/2011/10/23/holdings-dicta-and-stare-decisis/]Turley’s blog. [highlight]I also keep getting the feeling that I have seen some of the new text of Maskell’s memo someplace before[/highlight]…

GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:20 pm

Ed Hale sez re the CRS:EdNov 29, 2011 - 4:35PM Re: Congressional Research Service on NBCIt really does not matter any more since Obama ass is toast is 2012. he has screwed too many and they will vote him out by a landslide. He is the worst president this country has ever had. I don't care who runs agaisnt him, he is beat. oh btw, we are under English law uh. I knew he would get us over there.State : TexasSo, there ya go.
I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.

bob

Post by bob » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:19 am

ORYR [/break1]blogspot.com/2011/11/congressional-research-service-releases.html?showComment=1322627241385#c792190441594807776]comments:The new Maskell CRS Memo is laced with false premises and disinformation just like his others on the NBC issue and Obama. For example a "Citizen" at Birth is not logically identically equal to a "natural born Citizen" at Birth. [...]And of course Maskell does not address the identity fraud and election fraud of Obama in his use of false identity documents such as a forge BC, using s SSN legally not issued to him, and fraudulently back dating his draft registration filing with his helpers in the Chicago IL regional Selective Service office. He is conveniently silent on that.And of course Obot Maskell doesn't consider as "legitimate, official documentary records, or copies of such records, which have been produced or forwarded contradicting the prima facie record" Alan Booth's short-form Hawaii birth certificate and the Nordyke twins long-form Hawaii birth certificates -- all three of which have not only a visable but legible to the naked eye "HAWAII DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH * STATE OF HAWAII" embossed seal as required authentification per the Hawaii Department of Health. The fact that neither Obama's short-form or long-form birth certificate has a visable, much less legible, to the naked eye DHOH embossed seal makes them prima facie records alright -- prima facia not authenticated records.The Congressional Research Service produces these documents at the request of Congressional leadership. The leaders of Congress are all complicit in the usurpation and cover-up of the biggest fraud/charade in history. These "leaders" are working overtime to stay out of prison. The CRS had no choice except to conclude an anchor baby is eligible to be president. If we were not living in an Alice in Wonderland world just plain common sense would make it clear the CRS document is just more BS and obfuscation intended to save Barry and his enablers. His enablers include Congress, the MSM, and especially Fox News.

bob

Post by bob » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:10 pm

The Ob[/break1]freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/2813999/posts?q=1&;page=51]Freep thread.

SueDB

Post by SueDB » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:10 pm

Except it is an official government document from an official government agency that was officially requested and officially delivered. :lol:

It just means that both the Pugs and the Dems are in on the whole Obama thing. So now you should just elect some KKK like political entity's candidates (Not much out there howling at the moon this year - miss Mr. Big Ears.)

Edit: )
“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

obot 10241408971650

Post by obot 10241408971650 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:31 pm

Freepers are not handling this well[/break1]freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/2813999/posts]http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/2813999/posts

A Legal Lohengrin

Post by A Legal Lohengrin » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:34 pm

Freepers are not handling this well[/break1]freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/2813999/posts]http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-cha ... 99/postsDo Freepers ever handle anything well? Isn't "Freeper" pretty much a synonym for any number of words describing people of inferior intellect?

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:35 pm

The Ob[/break1]freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/2813999/posts?q=1&;page=51]Freep thread.Gotta love them Freepers... "This CRS report is the very first time anyone has claimed the M v H ruling specifics as dicta."Uh... someone doesn't get out of the echo chamber much. I’m going out on a limb here. . . elect me president and I will BAR (hee hee) attorneys from serving in the State and Federal houses of Congress. Only the judicial branch is where they belong.Someone else needs to read up on Separation of Powers. Sometimes I wonder if Leo is reading all this and laughing his head off at the trick he played on the birthers.
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

Return to “Legal Claims by Birthers”