Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Trump's Department of Homeland Security

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Homeland Security Admits It Tried to Manufacture Fake Terrorists for Trump

Dell Cameron
Sat, November 5, 2022 at 12:45 PM·10 min read

The Department of Homeland Security launched a failed operation that ensnared hundreds, if not thousands, of U.S. protesters in what new documents show was as a sweeping, power-hungry effort before the 2020 election to bolster President Donald Trump’s spurious claims about a “terrorist organization” he accused his Democratic rivals of supporting.

An internal investigative report, made public this month by Sen. Ron Wyden, a Democrat of Oregon, details the findings of DHS lawyers concerning a previously undisclosed effort by Trump’s acting secretary of homeland security, Chad Wolf, to amass secret dossiers on Americans in Portland attending anti-racism protests in summer 2020 sparked by the police murder of Minneapolis father George Floyd.

The report describes attempts by top officials to link protesters to an imaginary terrorist plot in an apparent effort to boost Trump’s reelection odds, raising concerns now about the ability of a sitting president to co-opt billions of dollars’ worth of domestic intelligence assets for their own political gain. DHS analysts recounted orders to generate evidence of financial ties between protesters in custody; an effort that, had they not failed, would have seemingly served to legitimize President Trump’s false claims about “Antifa,” an “organization” that even his most loyal intelligence officers failed to drum up proof ever existed.

“Did not find any evidence that assertion was true”

The DHS report offers a full accounting of the intelligence activities happening behind the scenes of officers’ protest containment; “twisted efforts,” Wyden said, of Trump administration officials promoting “baseless conspiracy theories” to manufacture of a domestic terrorist threat for the president’s “political gain.” The report describes the dossiers generated by DHS as having detailed the past whereabouts and the “friends and followers of the subjects, as well as their interests” — up to and including “First Amendment speech activity.” Intelligence analysts had internally raised concerns about the decision to accuse anyone caught in the streets by default of being an “anarchist extremist” specifically because “sufficient facts” were never found “to support such a characterization.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/homeland-sec ... 00599.html
(original Gizmodo)
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Unsurprising, but still disgusting.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Right On Ron Wyden!

You guys have no idea how successful the "Portland is Riot Central" disinformation was. Hoe-Lee Cow. I'd get calls from colleagues and vendors inquiring (among other things) about Life Under Siege In Portland. Unless you traveled through the three block area that has the Federal Building, the US Courthouse, the County Courthouse, and the Portland Police Bureau, you'd never know anything was happening. Walk two blocks in any direction, and nothing was happening.

I took an engineer candidate from Alabama to lunch at SW 10th and Salmon where we could sit outside. He was very concerned about the riots. There were active protests going on at the time, but you'd never know. It was a beautiful day. Perfect temp. Families walking about. Tourists craning their necks as they turned their city maps to figure out which way to go. Suits rushing by with phones to their ear. Kids with bubble gum and green colored hair wearing black on black on black strolling in small clusters in no hurry at all. We ate peacefully without interruption or hassle. Unfortunately, that didn't change his mind. He backed out days later.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Pretty much the same in Seattle. The way the *riots* were being blasted on Fox, you'd have thought it was all over the city and no one was safe. My cousin from AZ (and a trumper) sent me a PM on FB making sure I was OK...
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Kendra wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:03 pm Pretty much the same in Seattle. The way the *riots* were being blasted on Fox, you'd have thought it was all over the city and no one was safe. My cousin from AZ (and a trumper) sent me a PM on FB making sure I was OK...
We burned down to the ground. It was apocalyptic, but I slept through the night parts of the terror.
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

I work in Seattle, I had colleagues around the country worrying about my safety. They wouldn’t believe me when I said I was picking up takeout food from restaurants on Capitol Hill that were located only a few blocks away from the CHOP or CHAZ, or whatever it was called. For those who know Seattle restaurants, takeout from Lark/Slab and Cascina Spinasse helped me survive the early stages of the pandemic.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Documents Show DHS Agency “Real-Time Narrative Tracking” of Social Media Posts in 2020
Including references to takedowns of social media posts.

By Christina Maas
December 7, 2023 Posted 12:41 pm

If you're tired of censorship and dystopian threats against civil liberties, subscribe to Reclaim The Net.

Judicial Watch has come forward with newly acquired evidence of an intriguing alliance during the US 2020 election. The investigative body was able to obtain, via a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) suit, a series of records demonstrating a comprehensive synergy between the Department of Homeland Security’s Cybersecurity and Information Security Agency (CISA) and a controversial entity, the Election Integrity Partnership (EIP).

These files reveal a concerted effort to execute “real-time narrative tracking” on principal social media networks during the critical days leading up to the 2020 election. Interestingly, these records illustrate instances of social media post “takedowns” and an intentional avoidance of creating public records that would be subject to the FOIA process.

These records also allow us a peek into the operations of EIP. Originally known as the Election Misinformation Partnership, it invested in monitoring online election discourse round the clock, especially prioritizing “disinformation that is going viral.”

https://reclaimthenet.org/cisa-real-tim ... e-tracking

Return to “Other Efforts to Attack Democracy”