Original Birther

Chilidog

Original Birther

Post by Chilidog » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:45 pm

In spite of some claims by trump supporters, I seem to recall that the birther meme started well before Hillaries supporters latched on to it in the summer 0f 2008.

Does anyone remember the specifics?

Thanks

Reality Check

Re: Original Birther

Post by Reality Check » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:11 pm

It started on Free Republic. Loren Collins has the most well documented history of the Birthers.

The Secrit Origin of Birthers Part 1

Part 2

"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016

bob

Post by bob » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:34 pm

Too, also: some inside the Clinton campaign advocated that Clinton attack Obama's "otherness" (read: blackness). Some birthers and Trumpsters morph that into an explicit attack on Obama's citizenship.

It may have a dog whistle, but it was never an explicit atack on citizenship, despite what birthers and Trumpsters now claim.

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:24 pm

Reality Check wrote:It started on Free Republic. Loren Collins has the most well documented history of the Birthers.

The Secrit Origin of Birthers Part 1

Part 2

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for

Plutodog

Post by Plutodog » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:07 pm

It doesn't look like he mentioned Trump... :think:

The only good Bundy is an Al Bundy.

BillTheCat

Post by BillTheCat » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:19 pm

I'm using this link to combat comment trolls about Hillary allegedly starting the Birther movement. :boxing:

Any other links that are good for that (showing she absolutely did not start it)?

'But I don't want to go among mad people,' said Alice. 'Oh, you can't help that,' said the cat. 'We're all mad here.'
-Lewis Carroll

Quacking Duck

Post by Quacking Duck » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:43 am

So did she or her campaign use it in 2008?

Didn't a campaign staffer of McCain's in Florida have something to do with pushing the idea forward into the spotlight? Can't remember his name but I think he wrote a book about all the evidence he had?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:48 am

Quacking Duck wrote:So did she or her campaign use it in 2008?

No. Many news organizations looked into it. There's simply no evidence at all, not that the birther scum ever needed any real evidence to spread their racist bullshit.
Didn't a campaign staffer of McCain's in Florida have something to do with pushing the idea forward into the spotlight? Can't remember his name but I think he wrote a book about all the evidence he had?
And you don't know the name of the book either. So obviously you can't possibly give us a link to follow, not to the book or even to any proof that such a book ever existed.

In fact, the issue was never really "pushed into the spotlight". It was always a fringe issue for the worst, most worthless trash in this great land of ours.

Jeez, almost 9 years of being the biggest epic fail in the history of the world, and birthers are still hoping that somehow, some way, maybe another one of their hundreds of lies will catch on and get a lot of fools to buy into their racist shitstain 'movement'.

We deal in provable facts here, Mr. Duck. Not birther lies. :roll:

The point of no return is no longer even visible in your rearview mirror. :-

TsuDhoNimh

Post by TsuDhoNimh » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:12 am

The earliest "birther" nonsense I can track down was before the 2008 elections were even going. It was not questioning his citizenship or birthplace in Hawaii. It was going after his time as a child in Indonesia somehow giving him a "foreign" outlook on life that made him unqualified to represent real Americans.

And from there it morphed.

Return to “"Factual" Claims by Birthers”