Spiro Agnew

ZekeB

Spiro Agnew

Post by ZekeB » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:27 am

I believe you are referring to the [link]Cable Act,http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cable_Act[/link] of 1922 and you are correct that Mrs. Agenw would have lost her citizenship when she married a foreigner. Now the question is did she regain it when her husband naturalized?What was the status of their citizenship when little Spiro was born? Neither a citizen? Oh my! We can undo all Nixon's legislation.

Ano, jsou opravdové. - Stormy Daniels

MetoDC

Spiro Agnew

Post by MetoDC » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:32 am

I believe you are referring to the [link]Cable Act,http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cable_Act[/link] of 1922 and you are correct that Mrs. Agenw would have lost her citizenship when she married a foreigner. Now the question is did she regain it when her husband naturalized?What was the status of their citizenship when little Spiro was born? Neither a citizen? Oh my! [highlight]We can undo all Nixon's legislation.[/highlight]Don't give Orly any ideas. I sort of like the EPA and a fair number of other "liberal" laws passed under Nixon. Yes, he was a crook.. . .. . .

magdalen77

Spiro Agnew

Post by magdalen77 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:35 pm

Leo also found that Spiro Agnew's dad went by at least three last names and his name was misspelled in at least one official record. I don't imagine birfers would accept these kinds of discrepancies in the records for any of Obama's ancestors. [-(FWIW a year or two back I was able to establish the Spiro's parents' ages were inconsistent over the 1910, 1920, 1930 censuses - each 10 years they aged less that 10 years - I put it down to vanity.While I was looking up my ancestors I've become convinced they were all fibbers. They all routinely fibbed about age and country of birth. Depending on the census my one grandfather variously claimed birth in Ireland, England and Scotland. He also claimed my great-grandmother, his mother-in-law as head of household (in a house he built and owned). I suspect, knowing gramps, that was for the sake of taxes.

Return to “"Factual" Claims by Birthers”