Earliest appearance of Foreign Student Aid Meme

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:58 am

I'm looking for where the first appearance (pre-April 1, 2009 spoof) of the claim that Obama got foreign student aid at Oxy. I didn't see the claim in Berg v Obama's complaint. I can't find the First Amended Complaint. I can find the request to file FAC, but not the complaint itself. Which lawsuit was the first to mention this? I came across this: [link]A sample complaint to the IL bar for people to use against Obama, Dec 19, 2008,http://drorly.blogspot.com/2008/12/lett ... nt-to.html[/link] from one Don Maccank, and posted to drorly.blogspot.com. Same thing was posted on Citizen Wells 3 days earlier. 9. On or about December 17, 1991, Barack Hussein Obama was admitted to practice law in the State of Illinois. On his Bar Admission Application he did not declare that he was also known as A/K/A: Barry Soetoro; Barry Obama; Barack Dunham; and Barry Dunham. At no time has Barack Husseim Obama attempt to correct his mistakes or to inform the Commission or Courts of his dishonesty. Furthermore, these A/K/A names were used on passports and college applications to receive foreign student aid.Before that, there are what-if questions. Thanks! Ice cream pie for helpers today.

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (R-ME)

MsDaisy

Post by MsDaisy » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:08 am

The earliest mention I find requesting school records is from this Obama Citizenship Timeline on the Nov 19th 2008 link[/break1]dipity.com/timeline/Obama_Citizenship_Lawsuit/]http://www.dipity.com/timeline/Obama_Ci ... p_Lawsuit/Petition Against ObamaNov 19, 2008 3:06 PMHelp Philip Berg with his Lawsuit against Obama by signing the petition. He is asking the supreme court to make obama show his certified vault birth certificate and other legal documents to prove he is a natural born citizen; He will not show any of these documents. We as citizens have a right to know. If he has nothing to hide why is he fighting so hard to keep these documents sealed?This is the petition...[/break1]rallycongress.com/constitutional-qualification/1244/stop-obama-constitutional-crisis/]http://www.rallycongress.com/constituti ... al-crisis/(I found no petition at the link, there is also a Youtube video that has been removed) SnipDocuments that must be produced include;(a) a certified copy of "vault" (original long version) birth certificate;(b) certified copies of all reissued and sealed birth certificates in the names Barack Hussein Obama, Barry Soetoro, Barry Obama, Barack Dunham and Barry Dunham;(c) a certified copy Certification of Citizenship;(d) a certified copy Oath of Allegiance taken upon age of maturity;(e) certified copies of admission forms for Occidental College, Columbia University and Harvard Law School; and(f) certified copies of any court orders or legal documents changing his name from Barry Soetoro.It is reasonable that these documents should be produced considering that his father is Kenyan, his adoptive father is Indonesian, and his grandmother claims to have been present at his birth in Kenya. If he is a natural born citizen then producing these documents should not be any problem.First mention I find by Orly where Obama’s foreign aid story had evidently become a fact is Feb 2 2009 Feb 2 2009[/break1]blogspot.com/2009/02/more-false-rumors-in-regards-to.html]http://drorly.blogspot.com/2009/02/more ... ds-to.htmlSnipWhen Mr. Soetoro-Obama came back to this country, he studied at Occidental college. Mr.Soetoro-Obama keeps his immigration records, passports and school and university enrollment records sealed, however a number of his former classmates from Occidental college made statements, that they remember him as Barry Soetoro. There is an entry in CA journal of Assembly, showing financial aid given to foreign exchange students among them Soetoro from Indonesia.Of course no link to the CA journal of Assembly she refers to prove any financial aid being given. :roll: So do I get ice cream pie? :D

Birfers are toast

Jez

Post by Jez » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:12 am

SnipWhen Mr. Soetoro-Obama came back to this country, he studied at Occidental college. Mr.Soetoro-Obama keeps his immigration records, passports and school and university enrollment records sealed, however a number of his former classmates from Occidental college made statements, that they remember him as Barry Soetoro. [highlight]There is an entry in CA journal of Assembly, showing financial aid given to foreign exchange students among them Soetoro from Indonesia.[/highlight]Of course no link to the CA journal of Assembly she refers to prove any financial aid being given. The entry in the CA Assembly Journal is for somebody else named Soetoro. A high school exchange student if I remember correctly. But it would make sense that it could be how it got started.

I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

~Khalil Gibran

Epectitus

Post by Epectitus » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:46 am

The entry in the CA Assembly Journal is for somebody else named Soetoro. A high school exchange student if I remember correctly. But it would make sense that it could be how it got started.Soetoro Moestabjab.Doc covered it here:[/break1]obamaconspiracy.org/2009/04/soetoro-was-a-foreign-student/]http://www.obamaconspiracy.org/2009/04/ ... n-student/

"Hell, I would wear a dress and ruby red slippers all year if we can prove this" - Mike Zullo

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:40 pm

The earliest mention I find requesting school records is from this Obama Citizenship Timeline on the Nov 19th 2008 link[/break1]dipity.com/timeline/Obama_Citizenship_Lawsuit/]http://www.dipity.com/timeline/Obama_Ci ... p_Lawsuit/That's pie-worthy. Of course no link to the CA journal of Assembly she refers to prove any financial aid being given. :roll: So do I get ice cream pie? :D That one isn't, as I already had that from Doc C's. So... [link]Mini Pecan Ice Cream Pie,http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rach ... index.html[/link]http://img.foodnetwork.com/FOOD/2006/07 ... am_lg.jpgI have a scrumptious Thin Mint Ice Cream Pie with Minty Whipped Cream for anyone who can find Berg's FAC. I suspect it might be in there. There's broken links to a Michael Savage interview that claims Berg mentioned it, pre-mid-Nov 2008. Good pie for that one, as I can't stomach Savage.

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (R-ME)

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:41 pm

The entry in the CA Assembly Journal is for somebody else named Soetoro. A high school exchange student if I remember correctly. But it would make sense that it could be how it got started.I believe someone was google-mining and came up with that one.

-- Sen. King (R-ME)

realist

Post by realist » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:01 pm

It is Exhibit A to Document 14 on the docket. Unfortunately, Exhibit A was not included in this entry... :(( [/break1]justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/pennsylvania/paedce/2:2008cv04083/281573/14/]http://docs.justia.com/cases/federal/di ... 281573/14/October 6, 2008 14 MOTION for Leave to File First Amended Complaint filed by PHILIP J. BERG.Brief in support thereof and Certificate of Service. (Attachments: # 1 Exhibit)(BERG, PHILIP)

ImageX 4 ImageX36

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:02 pm

The entry in the CA Assembly Journal is for somebody else named Soetoro. A high school exchange student if I remember correctly. But it would make sense that it could be how it got started.I believe someone was google-mining free basing and came up with that one.

realist

Post by realist » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:05 pm

I GET PIE!!!!!!!!!! :-bd

BERG v OBAMA - [link]FIRST AMENDED COMPLAINT,http://obamacrimes.com/philjberg/bergvo ... 52008A.pdf[/link]

ImageX 4 ImageX36

aarrgghh

Post by aarrgghh » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:31 pm

teh google gave me these two:

a question:

Could the reason for his non-disclosure be that he was enrolled as an international student?

[/break1]eduinreview.com/blog/2008/10/barack-obamas-gpa-and-college-records/#comment-606]October 23rd, 2008 at 12:50 amand a blog post:

"Was Obama considered a Foreign Student while enrolled at Columbia University?"

[/break1]wordpress.com/2008/10/27/columbiaobama/]oct 27, 2008

By A Reader

I heard a good explanation why Obama won’t release his college record from Columbia.

Even if Obama was born in Hawaii (which looks less and less likely) he would still have had to have been an Indonesian citizen to have gone to school there in the 1960′s.

And dual citizenship is not allowed in Indonesia.

Those are just the laws.

He never applied to reinstate his US citizenship so when he began college here he was probably clasified as a “Foreign Student.” Maybe even receiving foreign student financial aid.

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:30 pm

Power out in neighborhood, offline for unknown among of time. Pie is melting.

-- Sen. King (R-ME)

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:02 am

Power back on. Tired and hot. The early evening was fun as all the neighborhood dogs and their owners were roaming the streets and shopping in the stores that allow dogs. As were we. Late evening walking up many flights to a non-AC'd apartment, taking a cold shower with flashlights, iPadding and iPhoning in the dark -- quite the first-world problem. New reason to go to Fogbow meetups: cartoon mug souvenirs make great lamps when you put the flashlight in base down.

-- Sen. King (R-ME)

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:56 pm

So the very earliest anywhere appearance of the idea that Obama attended college as a foreign student appears to be Berg's First Amended Complaint. October 6, 2008. Anyone got any earlier than that? So like most things birther, it all began with Berg. In fact, the Complaint is pretty bare of birther memes -- they mostly arise in the FAC. The Complaint says Obama had an Indonesian passport when he went to Pakistan in 1981, the FAC claims the "travel ban" was why. Did he make all these things up? Where did he come up with these ideas? The source of Obama is a foreign student is thus: Plaintiff is informed, believes and thereon alleges Obama stated his citizenship as Kenyan on his College Admission forms to Occidental College, Columbia University and Harvard Law School.Doesn't say anything about why, though.

-- Sen. King (R-ME)

Loren

Post by Loren » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:06 pm

The Complaint says Obama had an Indonesian passport when he went to Pakistan in 1981, the FAC claims the "travel ban" was why. Did he make all these things up? Where did he come up with these ideas?He didn't make those up; they started circulating in June, I think, and IIRC gained traction when TexasDarlin and Judah Benjamin began promoting those theories.As far as Berg making stuff up, the only thing I personally thought he fabricated himself was the inclusion of Coast General Hospital. As far as I was ever able to tell, that first appeared in Berg's Requests for Admission.

kate520

Post by kate520 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:14 pm

Off Topic
Pie is melting.Pie melts? I hope it's not your favorite kind...what is your favorite kind of pie? I like ollalieberry, raspberry, blackberry, strawberry apricot...

DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:14 pm

The Complaint says Obama had an Indonesian passport when he went to Pakistan in 1981, the FAC claims the "travel ban" was why. Did he make all these things up? Where did he come up with these ideas?He didn't make those up; they started circulating in June, I think, and IIRC gained traction when TexasDarlin and Judah Benjamin began promoting those theories.As far as Berg making stuff up, the only thing I personally thought he fabricated himself was the inclusion of Coast General Hospital. As far as I was ever able to tell, that first appeared in Berg's Requests for Admission.I can't find anything earlier -- but TexasDarlin and Judah Benjamin's sites aren't active, are they? There's a luscious Georgia Peach Pie with your name on it if you can find an early discussion...

-- Sen. King (R-ME)

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:15 pm

Off Topic
Pie is melting.Pie melts? I hope it's not your favorite kind...what is your favorite kind of pie? I like ollalieberry, raspberry, blackberry, strawberry apricot...
I was giving out ice cream pie at the time. Now that the weather here in PEI has broken, we're back to regular pie. My favorite is cherry pie, and we can never ever find it here.

-- Sen. King (R-ME)

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:15 pm

Googling to find earliest mention... I see Citizen Wells has a couple of very recent articles on Obama attending Occidental on scholarship: [link]Obama Occidental full scholarship facts and conclusions, Obama scholarship not merit or athletics, Obama was Kenyan in 1979, International student scholarship?,http://citizenwells.wordpress.com/2012/ ... holarship/[/link] and [link]Obama Occidental transcripts and scholarship facts, Truth about Obama full scholarship explored, Fake AP story emails clever diversion,http://citizenwells.wordpress.com/2012/ ... diversion/[/link]

Problem 1: International students attend on J-1 visas, and a US citizen can't get a J-1 visa.

Problem 2: International students have to return to the other country when their study is finished.

Problem 3: Citizen Wells says: Fact: This leaves a scholarship based on need, one from an outside source or an International Student Scholarship. It seems unlikely that Obama would receive a full scholarship based on need with his high school performance and subsequent Occidental performance.Scholarships based on need don't take into account academic performance. If you can get in to the college, you are eligible for need-based scholarships. They are based on family finances. NOT merit.

It's not worth actually pointing that out over there, right?

-- Sen. King (R-ME)

Butterfly Bilderberg

Post by Butterfly Bilderberg » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:32 pm

When Mr. Soetoro-Obama came back to this country, he studied at Occidental college. Mr.Soetoro-Obama keeps his immigration records, passports and school and university enrollment records sealed, however a number of his former classmates from Occidental college made statements, that they remember him as Barry Soetoro. There is an entry in CA journal of Assembly, showing financial aid given to foreign exchange students among them Soetoro from Indonesia.Of course no link to the CA journal of Assembly she refers to prove any financial aid being given. :roll:

So do I get ice cream pie? :D Here is the page from the March 26, 1963 [link]California Assembly Daily Journal,[/link]. It did NOT show financial aid to foreign exchange students. It merely acknowledged that a group of high school foreign exchange students visited the California Assembly that day, including one Soetoro Moestabjab, an American Field Service exchange student from Indonesia who attended El Camino High School in Oceanside, California.

The Members of the Assembly take pleasure in welcoming, and extending the courtesies of the Assembly to the following guests for this legislative day ...

I love love love Baskins Robbins' turtle pie.

Baskin Robbins turtle pie.jpg

"Pity the nation that acclaims the bully as hero,
and that deems the glittering conqueror bountiful."
- Kahlil Gibran, The Garden of The Prophet

Curious Blue

Post by Curious Blue » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:27 pm

Here is the page from the March 26, 1963 [link]California Assembly Daily Journal,[/link]. It did NOT show financial aid to foreign exchange students. It merely acknowledged that a group of high school foreign exchange students visited the California Assembly that day, including one Soetoro Moestabjab, an American Field Service exchange student from Indonesia who attended El Camino High School in Oceanside, California.

The Members of the Assembly take pleasure in welcoming, and extending the courtesies of the Assembly to the following guests for this legislative day ... As I recall, when the AFS high school students visited the Assembly, they were commended for their "scholarship", meaning their academic accomplishments.

Birfers, being insanely stoopid, took that to mean that (a) the AFS students were receiving generous financial grants to study in the US, and (b) because a student attending high school in Northern California in 1963 had the first name Soetero, he must be the same person as a man who attended college in 1978 in Southern California whose stepfather's last name was Soetero.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Post by Dr. Kenneth Noisewater » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:57 pm

So the very earliest anywhere appearance of the idea that Obama attended college as a foreign student appears to be Berg's First Amended Complaint. October 6, 2008. Anyone got any earlier than that? So like most things birther, it all began with Berg. In fact, the Complaint is pretty bare of birther memes -- they mostly arise in the FAC. The Complaint says Obama had an Indonesian passport when he went to Pakistan in 1981, the FAC claims the "travel ban" was why. Did he make all these things up? Where did he come up with these ideas? The source of Obama is a foreign student is thus: Plaintiff is informed, believes and thereon alleges Obama stated his citizenship as Kenyan on his College Admission forms to Occidental College, Columbia University and Harvard Law School.Doesn't say anything about why, though.That certainly is interesting since most birthers claim he stated his citizenship as Indonesian when he went to occidental as opposed to Kenyan.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:00 am

Hey, for a guy who could steal a Social Security number from a man who was born in 1890 when he was only fifteen years old, using the name of a dead baby given to him by his future best buddy Bill Domestic Terrorist Ayers, it really wouldn't have been that much of a trick to be attending high school in California using the name of his future stepfather when he was only two. President Obama is capable of all sorts of magical things that pop into the heads of the silly silly birthers. ;;)

The point of no return is no longer even visible in your rearview mirror. :-

Kriselda Gray
Location: FEMA Camp 2112 - a joint project of the U.S. and Canada

Post by Kriselda Gray » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:06 am

Hey, for a guy who could steal a Social Security number from a man who was born in 1890 when he was only fifteen years old, using the name of a dead baby given to him by his future best buddy Bill Domestic Terrorist Ayers, it really wouldn't have been that much of a trick to be attending high school in California using the name of his future stepfather when he was only two. President Obama is capable of all sorts of magical things that pop into the heads of the silly silly birthers. ;;) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand... - "Witch Hunt" by Rush

SCMP = SovCits/Militias/Patriots.

Thor promised to slay the Ice Giants
God promised to quell all evil
-----
I'm not seeing any Ice Giants...

Kriselda Gray
Location: FEMA Camp 2112 - a joint project of the U.S. and Canada

Post by Kriselda Gray » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:47 pm

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand... - "Witch Hunt" by Rush

SCMP = SovCits/Militias/Patriots.

Thor promised to slay the Ice Giants
God promised to quell all evil
-----
I'm not seeing any Ice Giants...

Return to “"Factual" Claims by Birthers”