Romney's grades released!

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:54 pm

Well, his 9th grade report card.For all the birthers who say Obama goofed off in high school so how could he do well at Harvard Law: [link]'Not as industrious as he might be': Mitt Romney's high school report card revealed,http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ds-newsxml[/link]When he was the 14-year-old son a prominent auto executive, Mitt Romney didn't seem the future Republican presidential candidate, known for his tireless work as a private equity executive -- at least according to his high school report card. He scored a GPA of just 2.10, failed to make a single A and earned a C in French in his second year at the prestigious Cranbrook School in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan.'He is not as industrious or responsible as he might be,' his art teacher observed after awarding him a B-. The teacher added, however, 'Mitt has real ability in painting.'The comment at the bottom of the report card seems to indicate that his previous year there had been a little rocky.'Mitt is doing well,' it reads. 'He is a more responsible citizen this year.'Romney's grades were never stellar at Cranbrook, a traditional private preparatory school for the children of Michigan's elite. He attended Bringham Young University in Utah, where he did so well he was accepted to Harvard University. At the prestigious university, he earned a law degree and an MBA.http://i.huffpost.com/gen/718090/original.jpg

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (R-ME)

GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:11 am

Wouldn't his name appear as Barackh oops, Willard?

I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:11 am

A fuckload better than any of my grade cards. I was only ever good at science subjects as a kid and flunked everything else.But this "leak" is yet another attempt to distract from the Tax thing by trying to get Obama to release his grades and as another sop to the Birthers. Romney must be getting desperate to get it off the headlines.

Irony can be pretty ironic sometimes.

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:16 am

Fuck this, WHERE ARE THE TAX RETURNS? ;;)

I love the poorly educated!!!

I believe Anita Hill! I believe Dr. Ford!

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:20 am

Fuck this, WHERE ARE THE TAX RETURNS? ;;) :torches:

Loren

Post by Loren » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:23 am

Huh.It kinda drives home the fact of how much older Romney is than Obama, since this high school report card of Mitt's is from three months after baby Barack was born.

aarrgghh

Post by aarrgghh » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:29 am

But this "leak" is yet another attempt to distract from the Tax thing by trying to get Obama to release his grades and as another sop to the Birthers.a sop birfers are all too eager to lap up, [/break1]freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2915390/posts?q=1&;page=51#62]however ...

The notion that Romney should swap his tax returns for Obama's Columbia transcript assumes that the leftist staff at Columbia would not release a doctored transcript to serve their messiah. They don't deserve that much trust. Even if the correct transcript was released, how would we know how many of Obama's leftist professors had adjusted his grades upward simply because of his race?like the flying dutchman of legend, the flying goalposts of birfistan aren't allowed to touch down on solid land anywhere -- ever.

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:05 am

That report card isn't a 2.1, it's a 2.8. He'd have to have 4 C's and a C+ to be 2.1The image of the report card isn't complete. There are classes missing. I'm too cheap to pay for the Globe's archive of the original article. That will have to wait for a library run.

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (R-ME)

Somerset

Post by Somerset » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:26 am

Form III ????I guess these hoity-toity private schools were a bit above us plebeians who went to "9th grade." Makes me wonder how 'ol Mittens did on his O-levels and A-levels.
Edit: a little more clear. a little more snark

aarrgghh

Post by aarrgghh » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:00 am

teh next [/break1]freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2915390/posts#44]birfer bombshell ...?

This is pretty funny, because last week, I posted the following as my Facebook status:

I have an acquaintance who works at Harvard Law School in the admissions office that told me something very interesting. She recently had occasion to review Barack Obama’s admission records to Harvard Law. She found that in his undergraduate work, he was a low C average student at Columbia who was admitted to Harvard only to fill an affirmative action quota slot. He was admitted as an international student with Indonesian citizenship. On his intake documents he listed his religion as Muslim. He needs to answer these allegations. I hope he will release his school records to clear up any misinformation that may be out there.If your friend disappears, you know why.If that is true then your friend needs to immediately get copies of all those documents and get them out to the public domain or to you to post here on FR. Those documents would be extremely valuable. They are like finding the holy grail.This is the most plausible narrative I’ve seen to-date! It explains every anomaly we’ve heard about Obama! The RNC needs to get proof at all costs and release in October! This is a piece of information that justifies some E. Howard Hunt plumbing.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Post by Dr. Kenneth Noisewater » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:43 am

This can't be real it says nothing about place of birth on it obviously he's covering up the fact that he was a Mexican attending high school as a foreign student to game the system

Adrianinflorida

Post by Adrianinflorida » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:25 am

The 'Mitt' rather than 'Willard' on an official school document is a bit curious

Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:35 am

The 'Mitt' rather than 'Willard' on an official school document is a bit curious Can't speak for Willards school, but back in my elementary and middle school days, kids were often allowed to go by a shortened name or nickname or middle name on school programs and even grade cards.

SueDB

Post by SueDB » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:47 am

The 'Mitt' rather than 'Willard' on an official school document is a bit curious Can't speak for Willards school, but back in my elementary and middle school days, kids were often allowed to go by a shortened name or nickname or middle name on school programs and even grade cards.I went for quite a while with just my nickname. The first time I found out I had a different name is when my mother would be pissed off at me. :lol: :lol:

“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:51 am

The 'Mitt' rather than 'Willard' on an official school document is a bit curious Can't speak for Willards school, but back in my elementary and middle school days, kids were often allowed to go by a shortened name or nickname or middle name on school programs and even grade cards.I went for quite a while with just my nickname. The first time I found out I had a different name is when my mother would be pissed off at me. :lol: :lol:Oh, me too Sue! Imagine how relieved I was to learn my name was NOT Knucklehead. :o

SueDB

Post by SueDB » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:03 am

I swear, for the longest time - I thought my name was You Little :turd: .
Edit: Also his grades etc look about par for a 9th grader.

“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

Hektor

Post by Hektor » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:39 am

Meh, unlike birfers I don't believe I have any burning questions that stem from Mitt Romney's (or any other Presidential candidate's) high school or grade school experiences. I don't look at the C in French and then go, but Mitt claims he was a missionary in Paris years later, how is that possible? I certainly don't expect that his teachers are going to comment something like Mitt Romney is so bad at Algebra he's probably going to cheat on his taxes or Mitt Romney clearly will say anything to get a B+ in my class.

For all the obsessing about the President's records the birthers do, they always seem to obsess over analyzing the records that will give them little if any insight into their supposedly most pressing question: "We have no idea who this guy is." You know things like baptism certificates, kindergarten records that sort of thing. Even if Bill Ayers did write Dreams of My Father, I would still read it to help answer that pressing question because it would at least represent how the President wished to present himself.

Kriselda Gray
Location: FEMA Camp 2112 - a joint project of the U.S. and Canada

Post by Kriselda Gray » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:03 pm

The 'Mitt' rather than 'Willard' on an official school document is a bit curious Can't speak for Willards school, but back in my elementary and middle school days, kids were often allowed to go by a shortened name or nickname or middle name on school programs and even grade cards.In my school, we were all registered under our full given names (middle initial or name varied). For the most part we could use a shortened name, nickname or middle name (collectively "nickname",) but that kind of varied depending on the teacher. Some would insist on using your full first name, no matter how humiliated you felt about that. Most teachers, though, would just cross through the pre-printed name on their registration forms and roll-taking sheets and write in whatever it was you wanted to be called. For school programs, if it was like a drama production, we could use our nickname, but for any kind of academic program and ESPECIALLY for graduation, no nicknames allowed!The biggest problem I ever had with my name in school, though, wasn't that it was embarrassing or anything like that, it was just too damn popular AND androgynous - so not only did I share it (or a variation thereof) it with a bunch of girls at the school, but guys, too! In my Spanish class, there were at least 6 or 7 of us, all with some variant of a "Kris"/"Chris" name. For the most part, each full version was distinct, but we all went by "Kris/Chris." It was a nightmare because we often worked with headphones and if the teacher was calling out for one of us, it usually took a couple tries to get the right one up there....[/end threadjack (for me, at least)]

Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand... - "Witch Hunt" by Rush

SCMP = SovCits/Militias/Patriots.

Thor promised to slay the Ice Giants
God promised to quell all evil
-----
I'm not seeing any Ice Giants...

Return to “"Factual" Claims by Birthers”