Maraniss: What drives the Obama doubters and haters?

Epectitus

Post by Epectitus » Tue May 07, 2013 8:03 am

The American National Anthem is very tough to sing, and I have heard many, many versions of it over the years, from going to so many baseball games and working so many events in the public sector...it's pretty much required. The worst was Roseanne Barr Arnold's at a Padres game. The Padres owner told her to "ham it up" before she did it, and Roseanne went out and did just that, shrieking it badly, and grabbing her crotch and spitting at the audience, imitating a ballplayer. Unfortunately, San Diego is a Navy/Marine Corps town and fairly conservative, and the audience exploded in rage.The music is from an English drinking song, "To Anacreon in Heaven." Supposedly, the only way to really be able to sing it is to be several sheets to the wind. :-bdThe high parts are where you're supposed to raise your flagon. :-bd

"Hell, I would wear a dress and ruby red slippers all year if we can prove this" - Mike Zullo

MsDaisy

Post by MsDaisy » Tue May 07, 2013 8:24 am

Taps is a wonderful piece of music, and I can say that without having an american bone in my bodyHave you ever heard "Echo Taps"? My dad was buried at Arlington National Cemetery and they played it at his funeral. It still tears me up to hear it. :cry:

Birfers are toast

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Tue May 07, 2013 10:10 am

Hoo boy, here it comes. The poorly edited, poorly spelled, uncapitalized posts were a harbinger of things to come.

kate520

Post by kate520 » Tue May 07, 2013 10:15 am

just askin questshuns...

DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Wed May 08, 2013 1:36 am

Everything old is suddenly new again. Time to start a drinking game.

Image Image Image Image Image

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Wed May 08, 2013 10:19 am

Hoo boy, here it comes. The poorly edited, poorly spelled, uncapitalized posts were a harbinger of things to come.Sternie, you're the most astute guy EVAH! ;;)

I love the poorly educated!!!

I believe Anita Hill!

Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Post by Flatpointhigh » Wed May 08, 2013 12:46 pm

The American National Anthem is very tough to sing, and I have heard many, many versions of it over the years, from going to so many baseball games and working so many events in the public sector...it's pretty much required. The worst was Roseanne Barr Arnold's at a Padres game. The Padres owner told her to "ham it up" before she did it, and Roseanne went out and did just that, shrieking it badly, and grabbing her crotch and spitting at the audience, imitating a ballplayer. Unfortunately, San Diego is a Navy/Marine Corps town and fairly conservative, and the audience exploded in rage.The music is from an English drinking song, "To Anacreon in Heaven." Supposedly, the only way to really be able to sing it is to be several sheets to the wind. :-bdThe high parts are where you're supposed to raise your flagon. :-bdActually, it's for 4 solo voices. and, by the time the Anacreontick Society was founded, flagons were so very 14th c. It's a great deal of fun to sing at rodeos, btw. :swoon:

"It is wrong to say God made rich and poor; He only made male and female, and He gave them the Earth as their inheritance."- Thomas Paine, Forward to Agrarian Justice
Cancer broke me

ducktape

Post by ducktape » Wed May 08, 2013 4:14 pm

It's a tough song to sing.I once heard it described as "begins with a growl and ends with a shriek."

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Wed May 08, 2013 4:38 pm

The Star Strangled Banana.

Roboe

Post by Roboe » Wed May 08, 2013 5:28 pm

Off Topic
It seems apt that our two anthems (yes, we have two, a national and a royal anthem) are best sung when completely off the wagon. The only time they're sung in full, is a few seconds past midnight on New Year's Eve. Oh, and one of them is all about saluting those great generals and admirals who beat up the Swedes :mrgreen:

mustanglovrsue

Post by mustanglovrsue » Wed May 08, 2013 10:43 pm

Taps is a wonderful piece of music, and I can say that without having an american bone in my bodyHave you ever heard "Echo Taps"? My dad was buried at Arlington National Cemetery and they played it at his funeral. It still tears me up to hear it. :cry: sorry for your loss. he must have been a great man to be buried there. stay strong, he is around you

Return to “"Factual" Claims by Birthers”