DNC Certifications of Nomination

esseff44

Post by esseff44 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:32 am

" Pretending he didn't know who Taitz was earned him my lasting scorn. As I said in the new thread, he registered at a forum that has over 20,000 posts on Taitz, quotes an obscure piece of birther tripe and says he never heard of Orly Taitz. Prove me wrong and I will be the first to apologize to MSGT.I would hazard a guess that the birfer was the author of the obscure piece of birfer tripe. Very few people would get that much into the weeds unless they were somehow involved with an activity that involved those documents or those type of documents. It's not so much about birfing as it is disqualifying by typographical error. My guess it is some GOP operative in the political sandbox in Hawaii.

BFB

Post by BFB » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:27 am

It's morning.Birfadoodledoo.Thank you for the link, Top. Only problem is, it's swill full of birfer lies and misrepresentations.It's not "interesting" at all from my perspective. It's tedious bullshine.Why do you find it interesting?I find it interesting that Hawaii left out the Constitutional wording to certify Obama eligible for Article 2 Section 1. I wonder why they did that or was it just a error? The wording was inserted for Gore and Kerry on their forms.Ohh ... here we go ...
Edit: ETA: I made this comment before I saw this thread went on for another six pages, and the "Top" had been ushered into the wading pool.

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:41 am

Noz mark-2.

Image Image Image Image Image

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:01 am

Noz mark-2.Exactly.

I love the poorly educated!!!

I believe Anita Hill! I believe Dr. Ford!

Plutodog

Post by Plutodog » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:29 am

(Cross-posted here and where the birferz go)Oregon is amongst those other 49 states. And Oregon doesn't require the magic words the birferz are claiming. Here's Oregon's law (ORS 249.078) on the matter:(Nomination of Presidential Candidate by Major Political Party) 249.078 Printing name of candidate for presidential nomination of major party on ballot; discretion of Secretary of State; nominating petition; petition requirements. (1) The name of a candidate for a major political party nomination for President of the United States shall be printed on the ballot only: (a) By direction of the Secretary of State who in the secretary’s sole discretion has determined that the candidate’s candidacy is generally advocated or is recognized in national news media; or (b) By nominating petition described in this section and filed with the Secretary of State. (2) A petition nominating a candidate under this section shall contain from each congressional district the signatures of at least 1,000 electors who are registered in the district and who are members of the major political party of the candidate. The electors in each congressional district shall include electors registered in at least five percent of the precincts in each of at least one-fourth of the counties in the congressional district. The petition shall contain the printed name, residence or mailing address and name or number of the precinct, if known, of each elector whose signature appears on the petition. The signatures shall be certified for genuineness by the county clerks under ORS 249.008. (3) Before circulating the nominating petition, the chief sponsor shall file with the Secretary of State a signed copy of the prospective petition. The chief sponsor shall include with the prospective petition a statement declaring whether one or more persons will be paid money or other valuable consideration for obtaining signatures of electors on the petition. After the prospective petition is filed, the chief sponsor shall notify the Secretary of State not later than the 10th day after the chief sponsor first has knowledge or should have had knowledge that: (a) Any person is being paid for obtaining signatures, when the statement included with the prospective petition declared that no such person would be paid. (b) No person is being paid for obtaining signatures, when the statement included with the prospective petition declared that one or more such persons would be paid. [1979 c.190 §116; 1981 c.173 §24; 1983 c.756 §4; 1987 c.267 §17; 1995 c.712 §26; 1999 c.410 §24; 1999 c.999 §38; 2007 c.154 §8; 2007 c.155 §5]

The only good Bundy is an Al Bundy.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:54 am

Welcome, seeker! There's a seeker born every minute!

Somerset

Post by Somerset » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:35 am

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee23 ... gns/up.gif This.Yep.We'll have fun playing with our new birfer toy, but ultimately every argument crafted will come back to this simple series of facts. There is no real controversy. :D

mimi

Post by mimi » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:20 am

I know that kimba is right. I don't like that the birfers try to invalidate the Obama Presidency. It's not right.I know there were people who heard rumors and wondered about the President's birthplace. The release of the President's 'long-form' has put them at ease.The remaining birfers will never be satisfied. Never.

Sequoia32

Post by Sequoia32 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:39 pm

Whether every state said the magic words or not, Obama was elected President.Do you mind if I cross-post this in the birfer's thread?Y'all were right that the guy is a birfer.

So far every case of Ebola in this country got it by helping people. So relax, Republicans, you're in the clear. - Tina Dupuy

Princess foofypants

Post by Princess foofypants » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:20 pm

Whether every state said the magic words or not, Obama was elected President.Do you mind if I cross-post this in the birfer's thread?Y'all were right that the guy is a birfer.He confused me for a bit too because of his use of correct spelling. That always throws me.

BFB

Post by BFB » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:23 pm

Whether every state said the magic words or not, Obama was elected President.Do you mind if I cross-post this in the birfer's thread?Y'all were right that the guy is a birfer.He confused me for a bit too because of his use of correct spelling. That always throws me. :lol:

mimi

Post by mimi » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:45 pm

Whether every state said the magic words or not, Obama was elected President.Do you mind if I cross-post this in the birfer's thread?Y'all were right that the guy is a birfer.He confused me for a bit too because of his use of correct spelling. That always throws me.maybe one of his personalities isn't a birfer.

Kriselda Gray
Location: FEMA Camp 2112 - a joint project of the U.S. and Canada

Post by Kriselda Gray » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:36 pm

Wow. Go to sleep for a few hours and all kinds of fun breaks loose.I gotta say that the tone in this thread has become a little shrill, and some of the attacks and slurs hurled at our latest birfer toy made me cringe. It came here, asked a question nicely, and was almost immediately tried, convicted, sentenced and is about to be jailed. To me, that didn't seem very nice. True, it's motives were pretty transparent, and it wasn't hard to see where it was going to try and lead the conversation that way. But we pride ourselves on our ability to gather substantiated facts, then use those facts to construct logically and legally sound arguments that debunk falsehoods, not descend into shrill attacks.Thank you, Somerset.I worry sometimes that people who have just begun learning about birthers and birtherism might come here after having read things at a number of birther sites, start asking questions that have a birther lean to them simply because that's all the person knows at that point, and we just go to town on them under the assumption that they're just here to stir up shit or are birthers who think *they're* the one who will be able to prove us wrong. Many time, the assumption will be right, but on those occasions where it's wrong, being so shrill and hostile is likely to get that person's back up and possibly make them even less receptive to the information we have to offer than they might be otherwise.

Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand... - "Witch Hunt" by Rush

SCMP = SovCits/Militias/Patriots.

Thor promised to slay the Ice Giants
God promised to quell all evil
-----
I'm not seeing any Ice Giants...

Plutodog

Post by Plutodog » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:53 pm

Personally, I think anyone a) ignorant to know nothing about birferz/birferizm at this stage and b) stoopid enough to believe any of the garbage going on at the birfer nutjob sites is credulous as all get-out, of the conspiracist mindset that's pretty much beyond salvation (Imagine, the U.S. Presidency usurped and nobody did anything about it!!!), and c) such a small subset of who we might see here as to not be worthy of all the worry some folks continue to spend on it. It ain't going to change any public opinion or electoral polls a fraction of a percent, best I can tell. These folks aren't, as a rule, salvageable in the real world.

JMO, of course.

The only good Bundy is an Al Bundy.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:59 pm

There are almost 310,000,000 people in the U.S.I suspect that there are no more than 1,000 today who are truly birthers. An insignificant number. Now led again by the stoopidest lawyer who ever was allowed to practice by a Bar Association.There are maybe a million lawyers in the U.S. And less than 10 of them are birthers.We follow them, so they're in our radar. For the rest of the country, not so much.Sekrit Stuffs!
There were maybe 10,000 birthers when Donald Drumpf was trumpeting it. That faded fast after Obama released his long form and handed Drumpf his ass at the WH Correspondents' Dinner.

A Legal Lohengrin

Post by A Legal Lohengrin » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:14 pm

Note: we're weirdoes by definition just by giving even a tenth of a fuck about what birfer morons are saying. These gibbering idiots are completely irrelevant to the vast majority of real Americans.

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:21 pm

I've personally learned a lot about US constitutional law following them so its been educational for me.

Irony can be pretty ironic sometimes.

aarrgghh

Post by aarrgghh » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:42 pm

Note: we're weirdoes by definition just by giving even a tenth of a fuck about what birfer morons are saying. These gibbering idiots are completely irrelevant to the vast majority of real Americans.it's true. i personally know of no one in meatspace who gives a fuck about this. and i've watched the eyes of all but one person i've tried to explain it to just glaze over until they eventually say: "but that's just fuckin' stoopid! and you're following this because ... ?"

esseff44

Post by esseff44 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:28 am

Personally, I think anyone a) ignorant to know nothing about birferz/birferizm at this stage and b) stoopid enough to believe any of the garbage going on at the birfer nutjob sites is credulous as all get-out, of the conspiracist mindset that's pretty much beyond salvation (Imagine, the U.S. Presidency usurped and nobody did anything about it!!!), and c) such a small subset of who we might see here as to not be worthy of all the worry some folks continue to spend on it. It ain't going to change any public opinion or electoral polls a fraction of a percent, best I can tell. These folks aren't, as a rule, salvageable in the real world.

JMO, of course.So true.

ducktape

Post by ducktape » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:28 am

Many time, the assumption will be right, but on those occasions where it's wrong, being so shrill and hostile is likely to get that person's back up and possibly make them even less receptive to the information we have to offer than they might be otherwise.For example? Can you cite for us just ONE of those occasions when we were wrong?

Cut us some slack, thorswitch -- it's not like we've never seen this before.

Some dude manages to find his way to TFB, register, puts in an avatar, which tells you he is not a newcomer to the Net and to forums. He start posting questions about a fairly obscure birther theory (and linking to a birther site), repetitively posts the same argument despite serious and civil attempts to engage and explain it by knowledgeable Fogbowsers, and then pulls an "Orly Taitz? Who's he?"

And you think we might have jumped the gun calling him a birther? After he'd made more than 30 posts over a couple of days along these lines? Perhaps you need to go back and read that we welcomed him as a member. Just how long would you have us indulge him? Or is this one of those topics that you didn't have time to read?

But since you're so concerned, I do hope you've joined the birther engagers so that you can sooth the hurt feelings there. Surely you're making an effort to make it right, and not just passing judgment on us.

Aftert all, think of ALL those people we shrilly accused, treated with hostility, and banned there when they weren't really birthers. Yeah, all NONE of them.

esseff44

Post by esseff44 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:34 am

Asking the same question over and over about some really obscure point deep in birther weeds was a giveaway. He would have been sent to bifer isolation ward earlier in the rooster had not been celebrating Rooster's Day.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:29 am

I don't always agree with Thorrie, but I think she's right this time.We're damned good at smoking out the birthers that join, but sometimes we ARE a little trigger-happy. That comes with the territory. We're under assault a good deal of the time. This new birther we have, MSgt. Fake Black Guy, is birfing up a storm in the Birthers forum, since he was outed as Intel. Officer Ret. But I worry about exactly what she's saying, that I might prematurely reach a judgment. Maybe someday we will make a mistake.But I can sleep at night, because all I do is put them in the birfer cage. If they're really not a birther, they have plenty of opportunity to convince me I made a mistake. It's not like I ban anybody for being a birther anymore. I read their posts and their PMs. If I put somebody in the birfer cage and it turns out I made a boo-boo, I can let them out of the cage in 2 minutes.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:04 am

Everybody was very nice and patient with Msgt dude until he started birthing. There wasn't any trigger happiness, in my opinion.Matter of opinion, I reckon. I agree with you, but I'm trying not to rush to judgment. If anything got shrill it was the howls for him to be declared a birther and sent to Fogbow's Gitmo.It was Father's Day. I mowed the lawn (and got 6 wasp stings), went to the pool, and saw The Green Lantern with my fambly. Only admins can put them in the birfer cage, and Rhoda's just here for technical stuff.Realizing Foggy and the mods were otherwise ocupado, I put dude on ignore.Well, he's been a treat since then. He went from "I'm a black man who never heard of Orly Taitz or the birthers and I'm just here to learn" to "If Virginia Sunahara's mother was a patriot she'd get us the birth certificate number of her baby who died 50 years ago so we could see if the President of the United States of America really did steal the birth certificate number of a dead baby."For those of you who aren't in the Birther Engager's group, I have a fun thread going where I'm trying to hook up Sgt. Pretend Black Dude with Pambly Barnett, so they could be a fake black couple together. They could sing backup for Lloyd Marcus at the Tea Tard parties! \ :D /

Return to “"Factual" Claims by Birthers”