Tink

Tell us about yourself. But only things you want us to know.
Tink

Tink

Post by Tink »

What's in a screen name?

Tink is actually my nickname since birth, bestowed upon me by my godfather. I am now 60 years old and no longer look like a pixie.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Re: Tink

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Tink wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:37 pm What's in a screen name?

Tink is actually my nickname since birth, bestowed upon me by my godfather. I am now 60 years old and no longer look like a pixie.
To us you do!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:44 pm
Tink wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:37 pm What's in a screen name?

To us you do!
We'll need a photo for verification, though.

Hi tink!
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Hiya Tink!
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

Welcome Tink, my great grandpa was called Tink, he was Irish and as I understand quite hard headed :lol:
Tink

Tink

Post by Tink »

Good evening, all!

I can't tell how much I missed this place but, life got in the way. A lot of life changes in the last four years. We closed our Kawasaki dealership, had elders to take care of, disabled daughter and grandchildren to take care of, job hunting (not easy when you are nearly 60), then Covid, husband's work accident in December followed by my heart attack in March, and now another grandchild on the way.

I lost my Mom two years ago and that first year was rough. I was her primary caregiver for 13 years and her passing left a huge hole in my life. It took me a year to start moving forward again.

My heart is fine, two stents and a couple of days in the hospital. We are fortunate to have a hospital one mile from our house that now has a Cath Lab. I felt pressure in my chest on a Sunday evening and knew I need to go and Hubby ran me to the ER, it would have taken longer if we called 911. Within minutes of arrival I was medicated and off to the Cath Lab. I had an ECG last month and there is no damage to my heart, I feel great and twenty pounds slid off me without trying. I am now back to my high school graduation weight. I'm 62, I gotta brag.

My job is insane. We were bought out by a large corporation and my pay and benefits increased immensely, but it added to my workload and then one of my coworkers got hurt on the job a month after my heart attack and her job got dumped on me. She is still off. Then my boss quit and they restructured us and half his job got dumped on me. It's more than I want to do and I hate the OT. I am so ready to retire and if my hubby gets a job he has interviewed for four times, I might be able to do it in January.

How has everyone else been doing?
AndyinPA
Verified:

Tink

Post by AndyinPA »

Welcome back!
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Tink

Post by Slim Cognito »

Hi Tink!!! So happy to see you again!!
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
chancery
Verified:

Tink

Post by chancery »

:thumbsup: :bighug:
p0rtia

Tink

Post by p0rtia »

:bighug: :thumbsup:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Tink

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Tink’s BACK! I’m a Mimi now with two granddaughters and 4 grandoggies!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Estiveo
Verified:

Tink

Post by Estiveo »

Tink! :bighug:
Image Image Image Image
Suranis

Tink

Post by Suranis »

Tink wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:15 pm How has everyone else been doing?
Ah I'm homeless due to a fire in my flat last July, and the Guy hired to fix it deciding to use his time to practice his juggling instead for 4 months. Aside from that things are ok. :kiss:
Hic sunt dracones
June bug

Tink

Post by June bug »

:thumbsup: Welcome back, Tink!! :thumbsup:

Glad your heart’s doing so well after what must have been a really frightening experience. :bighug:
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Tink

Post by Frater I*I »

I've gotten my FAA Airframe & Powerplant certificate and am now working general aviation fixing windup planes getting the experience to move into an entry level position with the FAA as an Aviation Safety Inspector...

Welcome back...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Volkonski
Verified:

Tink

Post by Volkonski »

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :thumbsup:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
much ado

Tink

Post by much ado »

Welcome back Tink! :bighug:

I always loved Tinkerbell. :lovestruck:

Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Tink

Post by Maybenaut »

Welcome back!!!

My husband and I both retired - him from FEMA, me from the practice of law. We bought a 5K sq ft fixer-upper on the side of Massanutten Mountain overlooking the beautiful Page Valley, with Shenandoah National Park in the distance.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Tink

Post by Foggy »

I had four major surgeries on my shoulders (and too many dislocations to count), but they seem to be stabilized now and I'm moving forward. Fizzikal therapy this a.m. and I'm SO HAPPY TO HAVE YOU BACK.

Mimi told me that nobody leaves Fogbow, they just take a break. :dance:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Tink

Post by northland10 »

Tink :wave:
101010 :towel:
Whatever4

Tink

Post by Whatever4 »

:oldlady: :lovestruck:
Optimism is a good characteristic, but if carried to an excess, it becomes foolishness.
—Theodore Roosevelt
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Tink

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Foggy wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:02 am Mimi told me that nobody leaves Fogbow, they just take a break. :dance:
I was rather surprised to learn that was true for me :) When I left I had no intention of ever coming back, but after several years, I just missed y'all.
Whatever4

Tink

Post by Whatever4 »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:59 am
Foggy wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:02 am Mimi told me that nobody leaves Fogbow, they just take a break. :dance:
I was rather surprised to learn that was true for me :) When I left I had no intention of ever coming back, but after several years, I just missed y'all.
Very true. Also, when I took some time off I only stopped reading the forum. I kept in touch with, and even visited, many Fogbowers.
Optimism is a good characteristic, but if carried to an excess, it becomes foolishness.
—Theodore Roosevelt
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Tink

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Whatever4 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:15 am Very true. Also, when I took some time off I only stopped reading the forum. I kept in touch with, and even visited, many Fogbowers.
I didn't. I'd hit one of my real low points in my depression and felt my presence here was barely tolerated, if even that. It wasn't I got past that and was able to build myself back up that I felt like maybe I'd misjudged things and decided to try again. I'm very glad I did.
RVInit

Tink

Post by RVInit »

Hey, Tink! :wave:

I have a sister who was a little pixie and everyone called her Tink as well. She has a Tinkerbelle tattoo on one of her ankles. I think I remember you from the old Fogbow but it's been a while!
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick

Return to “Introduce Yourself”