Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

"Freedom Phone" FreedomOS PatriApp Store - By Erick Erik Eric Fineman

Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Re: "Freedom Phone" FreedomOS PatriApp Store - By Erick Erik Eric Fineman

Post by Luke »

We could have come up with this in the Design Your Own Grift topic.

Check out this thread, first to hear of Newt but he is hilarious!

Did an unroll of the whole thing:

hahahahaha
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Hyper
Intensive
Transition of
Linguistic
Ergonomic
Reasoning
Hic sunt dracones
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Those are not necessarily 21 third-party cookies. That is the total in use. Twitter has 18. Paypal, not logged in, has a huge bunch.
101010 :towel:
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

While anybody with a brain would not give this wonderful offer a second glance one can’t be surprised that the snake oil salesmen want to take advantage of the staggering number of people who have shown they will believe practically any nonsense and happily open their wallets. (Hence the topic on creating a “Fogbow” grift).
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

I'll stick with my "Obamaphone" :P Free, not $499.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:04 pm The phone image above suggest strongly that this OS is a clone of the Android operating system. Android is Open Source, a clone will not be supported by Google. Any bugs in this clone at the time of making the derivate will not get fixed by Google and most likely the fixes (if any made by Google) will not make it into the clone.
Exactly my thought when I saw the photo.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

The grifting is strong

and fineman is mass blocking anyone who comments on the freedom phone
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I won't get out of bed for less than 20% off.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

Finman actually ripped off another site, https://freedomphones.net, which sells unlocked, refurbished google Pixel phones.
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Video on the freedom phone, leaving aside the political aspects.

Hic sunt dracones
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Suranis wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:04 pm Video on the freedom phone, leaving aside the political aspects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KPY-gjmHWA
He talks way too fast for US American English speakers -- and instead of almost 12 minutes --- just said "DO NOT BUY THIS PHONE" would work great.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

I thoroughly enjoyed the Freedom Phone takedown!!!!!!! As I have gotten older and my hearing has degenerated somewhat, younger people appear to speak faster and the words sound connected like a foreign language. While I resist getting a hearing aid, I listen more intently.

The same dynamic applies for foreign language speakers of English.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:03 am I thoroughly enjoyed the Freedom Phone takedown!!!!!!! As I have gotten older and my hearing has degenerated somewhat, younger people appear to speak faster and the words sound connected like a foreign language. While I resist getting a hearing aid, I listen more intently.

I had no trouble understanding him and I will be 70 years old in three weeks.

However, I do watch a lot of British TV and I sometimes can't understand a word that they're saying. Combine the different British accents, different idioms, and so on, and it can sometimes be incomprehensible.

As someone once said (not sure if it was Winston Churchill or George Bernard Shaw or someone else) "The British and the Americans are two peoples separated by a common language".
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:03 am I thoroughly enjoyed the Freedom Phone takedown!!!!!!! As I have gotten older and my hearing has degenerated somewhat, younger people appear to speak faster and the words sound connected like a foreign language. While I resist getting a hearing aid, I listen more intently.

I can’t hear if I’m not wearing my glasses! :shrug: :shrug:
qbawl

Post by qbawl »

jemcanada2 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:22 pm :snippity: :snippity:
I have reached that stage of life where I find myself turning down the sound system in my car so I can see the road better.
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

qbawl wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:27 pm
I have reached that stage of life where I find myself turning down the sound system in my car so I can see the road better.
:lol: :lol:
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Neon, do you have the speed turned up? It’s hard for me to judge. I regularly turn the speed up on the audiobooks and Audm app to the point where I can’t keep up, then turn it down one notch or two.

I enjoyed that, but I enjoyed the Lume commercial even more. :lol: I think I’ve watched every one of their two-minute YouTube ads. They’re funny and self-aware, with talented actors, and the product actually works!
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

jemcanada2 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:22 pm I can’t hear if I’m not wearing my glasses! :shrug: :shrug:
I know that's likely a joke, but for me, it's somewhat true. With many people, I need to see them speaking -- I'm doing some self-learned form of lip-reading that fills-in-the-blanks of the audio. (imagine how much it sucked for me when everyone was masked-up... :? )
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

neonzx wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:51 pm
jemcanada2 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:22 pm I can’t hear if I’m not wearing my glasses! :shrug: :shrug:
I know that's likely a joke, but for me, it's somewhat true. With many people, I need to see them speaking -- I'm doing some self-learned form of lip-reading that fills-in-the-blanks of the audio. (imagine how much it sucked for me when everyone was masked-up... :? )
My grandmother disliked preachers that walked around and did not always face them. She could not see them speaking so was unable to fully understand what they re saying, even with a microphone on. I used the explanation when I was in discussion in a church about having the ambo/lectern at ground level. They said they wanted the symbolism of the word being at the same level as the people not looking down on them, but I explained people hear sometimes by seeing. Their prior rector was really tall so did not need to be higher. Old church pulpits were not high to "look down on people" but because it got the sound and the visual high enough to be heard in a large room. High frequencies (the ones with the consonants) are much more focused directionally, than low ones that spread up to 360 degrees. If you are speaking without microphones at the same level with the people, those frequencies can be blocked by the people in front of you, and you can't see the mouth to make up the difference. Thus, higher platforms.

I don't have issues with not seeing the speaker which is good because most of the time in churches, I am behind the speaker (and even blocked by an organ console if I am not playing soon, like during a sermon). I may also have my back turned depending on the organ location. Where I have understanding issues is in large groups with noise/talking from multiple locations. That is my ADD kicking in and I am having trouble focusing on a single sound stimulus.
101010 :towel:
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

qbawl wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:27 pm
:lol: It is so nice to know I'm not the only one!
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”