BARNETT|KEYES v. OBAMA - II - DISCUSSION (9th Cir.)

Reeeko

Post by Reeeko » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:15 am

ORYR (cribbing from P&E): [/break1]blogspot.com/2013/07/revealed-imprisoned-obama-challenger.html]Revealed: Imprisoned Obama Challenger; Obama Is A Phony; Had To Have Pakistani Passport:

Butler is a former Navy SEAL with parachute training, underwater demolition training, and is a recipient of the National Defense Service Medal. He left the Navy in 1973 and was in the Reserves for two years, after which he attended college and graduated with a degree in aviation. He said he always wanted to fly airplanes.

[...]

Or as we called it when I was attending our finest service academy in the late '70s, the Chase Hall Occupation Medal. Awarded for drawing breath in the military during a war or national emergency, which we've been in one or the other for several decades. They basically hand them out with the uniform.

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:25 am

Or as we called it when I was attending our finest service academy in the late '70s, the Chase Hall Occupation Medal. Awarded for drawing breath in the military during a war or national emergency, which we've been in one or the other for several decades. They basically hand them out with the uniform.Hey I have one with a bronze star. Where's my emoicon with a nose in the air?

Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

SueDB

Post by SueDB » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:07 pm

ORYR (cribbing from P&E): [/break1]blogspot.com/2013/07/revealed-imprisoned-obama-challenger.html]Revealed: Imprisoned Obama Challenger; Obama Is A Phony; Had To Have Pakistani Passport:

Butler is a former Navy SEAL with parachute training, underwater demolition training, and is a recipient of the National Defense Service Medal. He left the Navy in 1973 and was in the Reserves for two years, after which he attended college and graduated with a degree in aviation. He said he always wanted to fly airplanes.

[...]

Or as we called it when I was attending our finest service academy in the late '70s, the Chase Hall Occupation Medal. Awarded for drawing breath in the military during a war or national emergency, which we've been in one or the other for several decades. They basically hand them out with the uniform.You get it for graduating basic training during certain time frames of war or national emergency. The medal is the 1st award, subsequent awards for different covered periods of service are indicated by a small bronze star affixed to the ribbon of the medal.

I earned 2 of them, so I wear the medal with a star on it.

“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:32 pm

I know there have been false claims about Obama traveling to Pakistan - there was not a ban on Americans traveling to that country.Wouldn't you have to be a Pakistani citizen to get a Pakistani passport?Any idea how this guy (or anybody else) thinks Obama had a foreign passport? Thanks.

Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:41 pm

Yes. They want to believe it, so they do. Without any evidence to support their beliefs.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:47 pm

I believe the original claim (by Lisa Liberi) was that he went to Pakistan on his Indonesian passport, because they didn't allow Americans. That claim has been repeated by members of Congress, but not recently. Not just Allen West, there was a guy in Arizona if memory serves. Just the other day there was a mention here somewhere about a birther who said, "OK, so the U.S. gov't. allowed travel to Pakistan. But Pakistan didn't allow Americans, dammit" or words to the effect.

When reality is outlawed only outlaws will have reality.

bob

Post by bob » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:47 pm

Any idea how this guy (or anybody else) thinks Obama had a foreign passport? Thanks.1. House of Saud, but of course. ;)

2. Butler doesn't say that he believes Obama traveled on a Pakistani passport. Rather, Butler says (sans evidence) that Pakistan banned American passport holders from entering. So Obama could have entered on, say, an Indonesian (or Kenyan!) passport.

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:54 pm

:oops: Thanks for the info. I was confused due to the title of the post at ORYR."ORYR (cribbing from P&E): Revealed: Imprisoned Obama Challenger; Obama Is A Phony; Had To Have Pakistani Passport:"I kinda, sorta, misremembered reading the rest of the post. "Butler said that Obama would have had to have possessed a “Pakistani passport” or one from a Middle Eastern country in order to have entered Pakistan at age 21 as Obama claimed he did during the 2008 presidential campaign."http://www.thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopi ... 75#p528219

Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

bob

Post by bob » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:38 pm

ORYR (cribbing from P&E): [/break1]blogspot.com/2013/07/update-fmr-imprisoned-navy-seal.html]Update: Fmr. Imprisoned Navy SEAL Tranquilized Against Will; Once Housed With Bernie Madoff:

Butler told The Post & Email that he was arrested on January 23, 2009 for allegedly threatening Obama, a charge he denies. After being tranquilized against his will, he spent two weeks in a local hospital and then a federal prison in Georgia. He was later relocated to a prison in Miami, FL, and several months later, to Butner, NC for “another psychiatric evaluation.” In early December 2009, Butler was unexpectedly told one day that he was “free to leave.”

[...]

We asked Butler if he ever underwent a psychological evaluation, to which he responded, “The two doctors I had were very, very nice, just wonderful people, but then they also had some that I thought were really sleazy. Butner is a medical complex where they do operations and everything; it’s called an ‘FMC.’[*] Do you know who was in the ward with me? Bernie Madoff. Somebody had beaten the hell out of him, and they took him out of the ward that he was in and put him in with the psychiatric evaluation people.”

[...]

“They were criminals, and all kinds of foreigners in there. A lot of Mexicans and people from foreign countries. There was a dentist in there that I just absolutely loved. He was in there for money problems, and he was a very religious man. We became very close friends, and I thought the world of him. The majority of them are young black males who are in there for drug problems. There was a Latin guy I thought the world of who was in there for money laundering. So there are people from all different walks of life. There are millions. [highlight]There are 30,000,000 people in prison in this country today[/highlight].[**] Thirty million, and we look at the population of 330,000,000, and that’s a high percentage,” Butler told us.

The Post & Email asked Butler if while in prison, he thought about the reason he was there, to which he said, “All the time. When all of this was unfolding, they talk about all of those things, but everything I do I really think it out. [highlight]I may write something that’s provocative, but it’s intentionally done and it’s well-written and well-thought-out[/highlight]. That’s just the way I do things. I think things out. I was reading in one of your articles with the criminal complaint about my supposedly ranting and raving, and I thought, ‘This is so bogus…’ What really gets me is that one person can do this and get away with it as long as he is protecting the president.”

We then asked Butler, “Do you think that people were treated [highlight]similarly for saying the same type of things about George W. Bush?” to which he responded, “I’m sure they were[/highlight].”

* The [/break1]bop.gov/locations/institutions/buh/]Federal Medical Center in Butner, North Carolina.

** Uhhh: [/break1]bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/csfcf05.pdf]1.4 million (in 2005).

BFB

Post by BFB » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:07 pm

ORYR (cribbing from P&E): [/break1]blogspot.com/2013/07/update-fmr-imprisoned-navy-seal.html]Update: Fmr. Imprisoned Navy SEAL Tranquilized Against Will; Once Housed With Bernie Madoff:

[highlight]There are 30,000,000 people in prison in this country today[/highlight].[**] Thirty million, and we look at the population of 330,000,000, and that’s a high percentage,” Butler told us.Now Sharon, a real journalist would seek to double check this fellow's claim, rather than swallow it whole.

[/break1]bjs.gov/index.cfm?ty=pbdetail&iid=4537]Bureau of Justice Statistics

Correctional Populations in the United States, 2011

Adult correctional authorities supervised about 6,977,700 offenders at yearend 2011, a decrease of 1.4% during the year.

bob

Post by bob » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:12 pm

Adult correctional authorities supervised about 6,977,700 offenders at yearend 2011...and that includes people on probation or parole. Butler said in prison.

Loren

Post by Loren » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:05 pm

Ha! I wonder what's in the rest of the affidavit. For some reason, Rondoooooo cut it off. Where's the transparency? What is she hiding?The affidavit then covers a few things. It quotes Butler's pro-Orly plea. It cites an interview with Butler's sister where she says that Butler's medication is what's messing him up in the head, and that he hadn't come to terms with President Obama. She said that Butler had weapons, and expressed concern for any Secret Service agents approaching him.It then discusses a telephone call with Butler's son, who similarly suggested that the Secret Service should try to meet his father somewhere other than his home. The next day, the son called to say that Butler was refusing to come to the meeting. They spoke to Butler on the phone, and he "shouted that he was going to sue everyone and that he was traveling to the Supreme Court today for an appointment. Harry Butler continued to ramble on about the Government and his military service record but at that time made no direct threatening statements."This *obviously* impacts on Butler's story, but Rondeau cut it all out. She could've redacted the names and addresses, but she didn't. She could've summarized the material, but she didn't. And she obviously *has* these other pages, so she knows this other information about Butler, yet she continues to treat him seriously.

bob

Post by bob » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:16 pm

This *obviously* impacts on Butler's story, but Rondeau cut it all out. She could've redacted the names and addresses, but she didn't. She could've summarized the material, but she didn't. And she obviously *has* these other pages, so she knows this other information about Butler, yet she continues to treat him seriously.I think even the birthers figured out there something missing ... no one seems especially moved by Butler's plight.It sounds like there was probable cause to arrest, but overall it doesn't sound like a particularly strong case. I'm not surprised the government just dropped it in the face of the lingering competency issues.

Loren

Post by Loren » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:26 pm

It sounds like there was probable cause to arrest, but overall it doesn't sound like a particularly strong case. I'm not surprised the government just dropped it in the face of the lingering competency issues.Yeah, once they got a doctor's report testifying to some mental impairment, there's not an awful lot to gain in continuing to prosecute him. He's an ill fellow who wrote something stupid online, and not a legitimate threat to the President. They have better things to do than to expend any more time on him.Frankly, it sounds like he could've avoided most of the hassle if he'd simply shown up for the initial meeting with the Secret Service. It was only after he blew them off and made it clear that he wasn't going to cooperate, that it then escalated into him getting arrested.

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:32 pm

Except that he apparently has weapons. Guns. He clearly still has these delusions, and he is surfacing. A mentally impaired guy with guns, the Secret Service's nightmare. I suppose the good thing is that they have him on a watch list.

I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

Return to “Birther Case Discussion”