Lani

Tell us about yourself. But only things you want us to know.
Lani

Lani

Post by Lani »

I guess I'm supposed to reintroduce myself? Ok.

I don't remember if I joined in 2011 or 2012. I lurked for awhile before joining after I saw peeps from Bad Fiction and Dr. Conspiracy here. Back then, there were 4 of us in Hawaii, and we had a couple of meetups before three of them moved to the mainland. <crying>

My avatar is Ted (Pres. Roosevelt), my big, sweet goofball who has kept me (semi)sane during my first year of working from home.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Azastan
Verified:

Re: Lani

Post by Azastan »

Lani wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:12 pm I guess I'm supposed to reintroduce myself? Ok.

I don't remember if I joined in 2011 or 2012. I lurked for awhile before joining after I saw peeps from Bad Fiction and Dr. Conspiracy here. Back then, there were 4 of us in Hawaii, and we had a couple of meetups before three of them moved to the mainland. <crying>

My avatar is Ted (Pres. Roosevelt), my big, sweet goofball who has keep me (semi)sane during my first year of working from home.
I had two very handsome Soay rams once. One was named Kermit, and the other (with the really nice full curl horns) was Archie Butt.
sad-cafe

Re: Lani

Post by sad-cafe »

Hello,

Nice to meet you again.

Sad-Cafe
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Lani

Post by Foggy »

Lani, check in, por favor. We worry. :towel:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Lani

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:yeahthat: :yeahthat:
One for you and one for Mocha!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Lani

Lani

Post by Lani »

So, what's happening.... I retired. I don't have my County retirement yet. I have SSA and other funds, so I'm ok. The union is now looking into it. I retired because of covid, but apparently that wasn't accepted yet....

I moved into an 1960's condo in Honolulu. Just 5 units. I have an unit with an yard, and Mocha loves it! And across the street is a park. It's a great place.

My son & partner lost their apartment due to be it being sold. Prices are huge for rental and sale. So they moved in with me. ARGHH. I really want to support them, but I wanted MY home. Sigh.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Lani

Post by Foggy »

Lots of good, and bad, too also. But you live in paradise, with good food and good people in your life. The retirement will resolve itself. I'm not sure I need to be feeling sorry for you. I would probably trade places with you if'n I could. :bighug:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
June bug

Lani

Post by June bug »

:bighug: :bighug: What I’ve learned about you, Lani, is that you just keep plowing through whatever obstacles come your way. You’re amazing! So hang in there kiddo. :bighug: :bighug:
Volkonski
Verified:

Lani

Post by Volkonski »

:thumbsup:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Lani

Post by Slim Cognito »

:bighug:
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Annrc
Verified:

Lani

Post by Annrc »

:thumbsup:
Lani

Lani

Post by Lani »

Since I retired, I'm going through aging stuff. My 73rd birthday stunned me. Not possible! ... Now I'm cleaning out boxes and closets, thinking that it will be easier for my son when I pass. Yesterday I found my will and started folders for important documents. Maybe selling off some jewelry to pump up savings account. Looking to sell my signed Joan Miro in an auction because my son never liked it. On the other hand, he might want to keep it because he knew I loved it.

Off to the city tomorrow to talk with the Medicare office about more coverage.
Lani

Lani

Post by Lani »

Hard day yesterday. My Aussie ex was moved from a senior apartment to ... I forget the word, but it's about the end. Fortunately, our son has a sister who works for an airline carriers - Qantas I think - so my son flew to Oz yesterday and is with his dad. :brokenheart:
Volkonski
Verified:

Lani

Post by Volkonski »

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Lani

Post by Slim Cognito »

My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
June bug

Lani

Post by June bug »

Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Lani

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Foggy
Dick Tater

Lani

Post by Foggy »

Oh, Lani. So sorry to hear about your ex. Glad your son could manage a final visit. That's really important. :cry:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Lani

Post by AndyinPA »

So sorry, Lani. I hope he gets to spend a little time with his dad while he can. :bighug:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Lani

Lani

Post by Lani »

He's with his dad now. He's sister works for an Aussie airline and got him to OZ. Sad as this is, he'll be with his two sisters and with a lot neices and nephews who love him. I hope for the best.
sad-cafe

Lani

Post by sad-cafe »

Thinking of you
Lani

Lani

Post by Lani »

AndyinPA wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:19 am So sorry, Lani. I hope he gets to spend a little time with his dad while he can. :bighug:
He's in Australia now with his sisters and his dad.
June bug

Lani

Post by June bug »

That’s good, Lani. That’s really good. :bighug:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Lani

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Lani

Lani

Post by Lani »

My son's partner lives in my condo. She had a brief call, son just said he is with his dad.

He has neices and nephews with several kids in Adelaide and in Sydney. He loves them, and they love him. This is a sad time.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”