Mike Lindell's Election Shenanigans, FrankSpeech and #MyPillow #FAILS - 6/28/61 Cancer / Ox

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Mike Lindell's Election Shenanigans, FrankSpeech and #MyPillow #FAILS - 6/28/61 Cancer / Ox

Post by Foggy »

One example I was given in law school:

Joe promised James that if he walked the length of the Golden Gate Bridge, he would pay him $1 million.

James began to walk. When he was halfway across, Joe tried to cancel the offer.

Ruling: Joe's offer was accepted and formed an enforceable agreement, and James must be given the opportunity to complete his part of the bargain.

But IARA (I'm a recovering attorney), so that probably isn't even right any more. :lol:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
Reddog

Post by Reddog »

Interesting,
Reminds me of the Netflix series, “ Pepsi, Where's My Jet?”
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Foggy wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:24 pm One example I was given in law school:

Joe promised James that if he walked the length of the Golden Gate Bridge, he would pay him $1 million.

James began to walk. When he was halfway across, Joe tried to cancel the offer.

Ruling: Joe's offer was accepted and formed an enforceable agreement, and James must be given the opportunity to complete his part of the bargain.

But IARA (I'm a recovering attorney), so that probably isn't even right any more. :lol:
I was never a lawyer, so I am not recovering from anything, but I did take a couple of business law classes for my undergraduate minor, Accounting and Business Law. (And, no, I did not stay at a Holiday Inn Express).

I remember being told that, once a party to a contract begins taking substantial steps toward completing their end of the deal, the contract becomes binding on the other party.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:12 pm
RTH10260 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:49 am As an IANAL outsider I wonder if "you can never win" is a legally acceptable contract clause or gets pushed aside by the court :think:
I dunno, NAL, but I wonder if the law would agree with the argument "you presented this as a fair competition but you devised conditions to make it impossible to win, therefore you fraudulently misrepresented it"?

That is definitely an interesting question for lawyers. Probably somewhere in first year contract law?

But! I decided to emulate Bob's Birthers over at the Post and eFail (stopped clocks and all that), so I took a moment to ask Bing. It included this:
Bing wrote:If a competition is designed in such a way that it is impossible for anyone to win, it could be considered fraudulent and illegal.
It also advised me to seek legal advice if I were planning to do this. I am not.
IANAL, either, and I have not read the rules of Lindell's competition. However, it is my understanding that courts HAVE rejected so-called competitions to "prove me wrong", when the judge of the arguments is the sponsor of the competition and is the one who would have to pay the award.

This sounds like one of those.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Foggy, were you watching The Lindell Report tonight?

Mike said his 6-piece towel set is 2/3 sold out... and that's just since he mentioned it on the show Wednesday. After 4 weeks off the air, MyPillow ads start again Monday and he thinks everything will be sold out. Even the SLIPPERS! Wanted to be sure you didn't miss out! After all the advertising, he takes calls. Didn't hear that yet but will be listening to see if you made it on the air tonight.

Mike is down in Florida for some RWNJ even and spent half the show advertising his products. He said the "thousands of people" were FURIOUS about Colbert and Morning Joe, that they were "screaming" and about to start a riot. He said calm down, it's great promotion.

Gregg, Mike told a story about his dog beds. He said that before he got dumped from shopping channels, he said on the sell that if a bed was ever chewed up, he'd replace it free. The shopping channel said don't do that, you'll be replacing so many dog beds. But Mike wasn't worried... he said dogs LOVE those beds so much they'd never chew them up because they know if they do, they won't get a good night's sleep. Would that be true in a squadron of the 699th?

Brannon chimed in with his story about his dog (you remember, the 9-year old dog that has slept between Brannon and his wife her whole life) having a MyPillow pet bed in his studio. But he has a 2nd studio (grift pays!) and there's no bed in there. He says his dog gets mad and stares at him until he goes to the 1st studio and retrieves the bed. He says the same thing happens in his office. Mike paused and said Brannon, you know how you can fix that problem? Brannon sheepishly said "buy more dog beds?". Typical, everybody rips Mike off, they make sure they get their money and the hell with the MyPillow products. :lol:

Mike said he got a call "from Israel" last night. The guy said they need pillows and blankets over there. Mike said sure. So now there's Promo Code Israel, when it's used he says he'll use all the proceeds to send pillows over. Then he said they guy said the Real reason he was calling lol was because they wanted a video of Mike praying for Israel. The "guy" said that Mike is 2nd only to T**** being known in Israel and "everybody watches the show every night". So they want to run video of Mike praying. He's going to get right on that. Mike is the dopiest mark in America.

Here's the show.

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Flatpoint High wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:54 pm Mike Pillow is having a mad at Stephen Colbert: https://www.rawstory.com/mike-lindell-stephen-colbert/
On Thursday, Lindell reacted to the monologue by calling Colbert a "scumbag."

"Yeah, he's a scumbag," the pillow executive griped to Steve Bannon. "Did I spell that right? S-C-U-M-B-A-G-S. I can send to them lawyers, this guy's even worse, Colbert."

"He attacked my employees directly, making fun of them," he continued. "Gee, I want to protect my company, so I'm not going to continue with $2 million a month lawyer bills. I'm not going to let everything go down because of frivolous lawsuits and lawfare."

Lindell said Colbert and his audience "all laugh about my employees."

"They have families, these guys have been with me for 20 years, we're not going anywhere," he vowed. "And I know when I watch this, it just, it just sickened me.
It's not about his employees. It's about YOU you dumbbell

Smartmatic has employees. :whistle:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Gift link to a very long article about Lindell in the Minneapolis StarTribune -

For Mike Lindell and MyPillow, there's no turning back
Mike Lindell can't back down now.

The pillow salesman and the Minnesota company he built are on the edge of ruin as he continues to chase unproven election conspiracies. Admitting even a shred of doubt in his rigged-election narrative, however, could mean victory for the voting machine companies suing him for more than a billion dollars.

So Lindell continues to seek vindication, even if it bankrupts him and costs his employees their livelihoods.

"I would never settle in any lawsuit," Lindell said in an interview. "You don't settle for something where you've done nothing wrong."

Lindell has little left to give even if he were to settle the defamation lawsuits he and his company are both defending.

He says he has run out of money to pay his lawyers and a Minneapolis law firm says he owes them millions. MyPillow auctioned off thousands of pieces of equipment and subleased manufacturing space as business is declining. Lindell has a MyPillow store on Amazon, and state records show the online retailer placed a lien on his company's inventory and other assets in April. Lindell has said publicly that American Express has tightened MyPillow's credit, a sign the lender doubts the company can pay down a large balance.

"The outlook is both legally and financially cataclysmic," said Marshall Tanick, a Minneapolis defamation attorney who's been following the litigation. Declaring bankruptcy, Tanick says, would suspend the defamation cases against him and is one of only a handful of options left for Lindell.

And yet the self-professed evangelical Christian, staunch defender of Donald Trump, recovered addict and savvy marketer will not accept defeat.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

… and delusional
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Lindell said he's spent tens of millions of dollars on his election efforts and now has only a pickup truck and home to his name. He was in Florida attending a meeting about his wireless monitoring devices Wednesday while his attorneys appeared before a judge to withdraw from the case.
Has he been doing an Alex Jones and hiding assets?
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Gregg wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 11:38 pm :snippity: Smartmatic has employees. :whistle:
:thumbsup:
It's always asymmetric with RWNJs: they feel free to insult, harass, lie and sue, but as soon as anyone quietly points out their dishonesty and stupidity etc. they scream about their poor feelings and damage to their reputation (what reputation? for being an asshole? not damaged!).

Surely that is one of the defining differences between moderate (or even not so moderate) decent people and the nutjobs: the decent folk try to apply (or at least recognize) the golden rule of moral philosophy: "do unto others as you would have them do unto you".

The golden rule is not "collect as much gold as you can"!

The other clear difference is in the (non)application of critical thinking skills. We haz, thay haznt.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

It's one of Mike Pillow's go-to rants to claim that so and so is attacking his employees. As far as I can tell, no one has ever attacked his employees.

He's such a piece of shit.
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

Dave from down under wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:25 am … and delusional
He simply replaced his coke addiction w/an addiction to Thump
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

neonzx wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:29 am
Lindell said he's spent tens of millions of dollars on his election efforts and now has only a pickup truck and home to his name. He was in Florida attending a meeting about his wireless monitoring devices Wednesday while his attorneys appeared before a judge to withdraw from the case.
Has he been doing an Alex Jones and hiding assets?
He sold the Bentley?
NewMexGirl

Post by NewMexGirl »

I find it shocking that he managed to own and run a once-successful business. In fact, I find it shocking that he can put on socks and shoes in the right order.
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

NewMexGirl wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 9:04 pm I find it shocking that he managed to own and run a once-successful business. In fact, I find it shocking that he can put on socks and shoes in the right order.
Mike Pillow is a smart guy :nope: so he probably has … MyPillow Shocks!! Your shoes and socks all in one advanced slip-on, so you never have those :confuzzled: "socks first? or shoes first?" :confuzzled: moments in the morning. Use code ILUVTRUMP to look extra stupid!
NewMexGirl

Post by NewMexGirl »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:50 am
NewMexGirl wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 9:04 pm I find it shocking that he managed to own and run a once-successful business. In fact, I find it shocking that he can put on socks and shoes in the right order.
Mike Pillow is a smart guy :nope: so he probably has … MyPillow Shocks!! Your shoes and socks all in one advanced slip-on, so you never have those :confuzzled: "socks first? or shoes first?" :confuzzled: moments in the morning. Use code ILUVTRUMP to look extra stupid!
:rotflmao:
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

This reminds me of the time some AM radio jocks held a contest to win, as folks heard it on air, "a new Toyota." The contestants had to do a bunch of time-consuming & disgusting things to win.

The winner showed up, and this is what they gave her:

s-l1600.png
s-l1600.png (410.73 KiB) Viewed 4955 times

A toy Yoda. Hilarious. (sarcasm alert)

The predictable lawsuit ensued, and the radio station lost.
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

It was a Hooters restaurant, not a radio station. She won a sales contest and they hilariously played this prank on her. The owners of the Hooters settled the lawsuit and bought her a Toyota.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

There's been some activity in the Zeidman docket.

I'm waiting for either Lumpy's lawyers to ask the court to withdraw, or Zeidman's lawyers taking notice of Lumpy's shenanigans.
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:23 pm It was a Hooters restaurant, not a radio station. She won a sales contest and they hilariously played this prank on her. The owners of the Hooters settled the lawsuit and bought her a Toyota.
Long time ago. I'm sure you're correct, not I. :oopsy:
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Mike Lindell, the election fraud conspiracy theorist and ardent Trump supporter, is selling Wi-Fi monitoring devices after claiming that the signals at polling stations are creating voter tampering. Election officials in Northern Kentucky have said that Lindell’s devices are illegal, likely a felony, and voted that poll workers will be instructed to not allow the devices.
Too bad.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/mike-lind ... ucky-polls
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Why Duz Northun Kintucky Hate Amurica???!!!!1!!!?????
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Chilidog wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:25 pm
Mike Lindell, the election fraud conspiracy theorist and ardent Trump supporter, is selling Wi-Fi monitoring devices after claiming that the signals at polling stations are creating voter tampering. Election officials in Northern Kentucky have said that Lindell’s devices are illegal, likely a felony, and voted that poll workers will be instructed to not allow the devices.
Too bad.

I thought Lindells claim to fame was that his devices operated outside of polling places, eg outside ofthe legal reach of election officials :think: Though I still do not know how the done operators can discern the devices hooked up on the various wifi frequencies. :confuzzled:
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

RTH10260 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:27 pm
Chilidog wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:25 pm
Too bad.

I thought Lindells claim to fame was that his devices operated outside of polling places, eg outside ofthe legal reach of election officials :think: Though I still do not know how the done operators can discern the devices hooked up on the various wifi frequencies. :confuzzled:
You know there are those who would attempt to use them inside.
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

You are all missing the obvious.

None on Lumpy's flying monkeys can afford the $500 cost of the scam.

Return to “Law and Lawsuits”