Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Another Shooting

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Re: Another Shooting

Post by neonzx »

A J6er. You can see how shocked I am. Shocked! :|
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Watching a local update, released before any announcement of the shooter being killed, is he took them on a goose chase north where he abandoned his car, ran into a cornfield and more gunfire exchanged.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Another local station interviewed a farmer who said a Lifeflight copter landed in his yard and the suspect was, at that time, "injured." Still no video announcing if he did, indeed, die.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I'm seeing "standoff ended" and "suspect injured" but nothing more on local OH coverage.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Lots of info here. Another life lost to the cult leader.

https://www.joemygod.com/2022/08/man-wh ... n-capitol/
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Looks like he brought the nail gun to get through bullet proof glass.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:45 pm Looks like he brought the nail gun to get through bullet proof glass.
Would that work? If bullets won't go through, why would nails? Did he see that in some shoot-em-up action flick?
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

JAT. Just another tourist. Or JAJ6T.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Someone posted a $250 campaign contribution from him to trump where he lists his occupation as electrician, so he made a good living. I don't remember if he owned the company or not. Economic anxiety my ass.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Slim - Love your new 'do! :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:56 pm Someone posted a $250 campaign contribution from him to trump where he lists his occupation as electrician, so he made a good living. I don't remember if he owned the company or not. Economic anxiety my ass.
That was in the joemygod article and I thought the same thing. Not poor.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:52 pm
W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:45 pm Looks like he brought the nail gun to get through bullet proof glass.
Would that work? If bullets won't go through, why would nails? Did he see that in some shoot-em-up action flick?
The nail gun will go through it but won't shatter the glass. It just drives the nail through the ballistic glass the same as it would a piece of wood. All you get is a nail through the glass.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

sugar magnolia wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:21 pm
Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:52 pm
The nail gun will go through it but won't shatter the glass. It just drives the nail through the ballistic glass the same as it would a piece of wood. All you get is a nail through the glass.
Here's video evidence that Sugar is right (as always). Go to about 6:30 for the action.

pjhimself

Post by pjhimself »

I saw other Baldwin posts here so:
The feds have all but concluded actor Alec Baldwin must have fired the weapon on the set of the movie “Rust” that killed cinematographer Halyna Hutchins, according to a bombshell report.

According to an FBI forensic report obtained by ABC News, the gun delivering the fatal bullet in the Oct. 21 shooting on the New Mexico set “could not be made to fire without a pull of the trigger.”

Baldwin, the star and producer of the Western film, claimed he believed he was handling a “cold gun” without live ammunition when it went off and a live bullet hit Hutchins, killing her. The film’s director, Joel Souza, was wounded in the incident.

In an interview with ABC’s George Stephanopoulos last December, Baldwin insisted he didn’t fire the weapon.

“The trigger wasn’t pulled,” he said. “I didn’t pull the trigger.”
https://nypost.com/2022/08/13/fbi-confi ... -shooting/
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Capitol Police identify man who died by suicide on Capitol grounds

U.S. Capitol Police have identified a man who drove his car into a vehicle barricade on Capitol grounds early Sunday morning and then died by suicide when police approached him. NBC News' Allie Raffa reports that authorities are still not sure what the man's motive was and will release his name publicly after notifying his next of kin.
Aug. 14, 2022
Putting this here because we don't yet know the man's motive, but he has been identified.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

4 shot inside Clayton County Walmart after man mishandles gun, police say

By Larry Spruill, WSB-TV
August 22, 2022 at 5:12 am EDT

CLAYTON COUNTY, Ga. — Walmart responded to the shooting in which a gun went off and a bullet hit four people, including the gun’s owner.

It happened at the Walmart on Tara Boulevard in Lovejoy.

It’s business as usual Sunday night at the Walmart in Lovejoy, but hours before, yellow tape greeted customers. It’s a reminder of the shooting that happened inside the grocery department of the Walmart on Tara Boulevard around 12:20 pm Sunday afternoon.

Alfred Maass said he was on his way to Walmart when the shooting happened.

“My daughter called me. She lives up the street from me; I live over here in Jonesboro. She was afraid that I might be over here because I come over here almost every day,” said Maass.

“One of the patrons inside of the business had mishandled the firearm, and that firearm had discharged. The firearm struck the patron in his leg, and subsequently hit three other patrons that were inside the business as well.

“The gun was in his waistband not holstered and loaded. The gun slipped down his leg, he attempted to grab it, and was somehow manipulating the weapon and discharged the firearm,” said Sgt. Akeem Turnbull with Lovejoy Police.

Turnbull said the gun belonged to 29-year old Michael Walton. The bullet struck Walton and three other customers.

“One of the victims also got hit in the leg. The other one got hit in the back of the leg and the other one got some bruising. All of them were towards the lower portions of the bodies.”

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/clayto ... PQOCJSTOQ/
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

When you can't go to a store without your loaded weapon.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

pipistrelle wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:47 pm When you can't go to a store without your loaded weapon.
These deals are so good I gotta bust a cap up in here!!!!!

I'll see myself out.... :bag:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

fucking fucker. :mad: :mad:
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

More* guns make for a safer society…

* and more more-ons with guns and….
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

How does one bullet hit four people?
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Phoenix520 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:01 pm How does one bullet hit four people?
As my dad used to say, "Very carefully."
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Phoenix520 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:01 pm How does one bullet hit four people?
Until the bullet velocity = 0 it still can pass through cloth/boots/flesh... it sounded like the 4th person was hit with little velocity left (bruising).

from -
https://www.quora.com/Will-a-9mm-bullet ... lose-range

A human body is not very Bullet resistant. Cartridges are tested by firing at gelatin block simulants and most 9mm Luger caliber bullets will penetrate a depth 12–18 inches, depending on bullet style and construction and initial velocity,

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”