Falsehoods unchallenged only fester and grow. To join, email foggy at thefogbow dot com.

Guest Announcements

To join the forum, email me: foggy at thefogbow dot com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 445 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 18  Next   
 Post subject: Michele Bachmann, R-MN
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:54 pm 

People self-limiting to one or two children is a great idea actually.

Of course the people who choose to limit the size of their families are often those who could actually afford to raise them and could provide for their material, educational and other needs.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:13 pm 

Piffle wrote:
I just love Michele's history lessons. They're almost as amazing and amusing as Glenn Beck's.

I also love Michele's vast knowledge of the world, including China. What she did slightly fail to mention is that the income gap between the east and the west of China has widened, as has the income gap between rural and urban dwellers. And she did overlook the fact that employers and municipalities are abusing urban residents who moved from rural areas without a permit to do so.

About 35 million people are still living below the Chinese government's $1/day poverty threshold. Of course, some 47 million people are living below the U.S. government's poverty threshold. Of course, the U.S. thresholds are rather higher than $1/day.

An interesting historical fact is that many dynasties were overthrown by peasant uprisings. The government in the Forbidden City in Beijing is interested in this fact.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:15 pm 

Sequoia32 wrote:
Bat. Shit. Crazy.

Bachmann: Federal Government Could Force A One-Child Policy

You know, she MAY be on to something here. I mean right now we've got politicians trying to legislate under what circumstances a woman could obtain birth control medication under the Affordable Care Act, telling them they must get ultrasounds before they can decide what to do about a pregnancy, in Kansas they want to make it legal for a doctor to not tell a woman about potential problems with her fetus if he's morally opposed to abortion and believes that the information in question might lead the woman to seek an abortion and so forth. Who's to say that one day the government will switch from trying to stop women from preventing unplanned pregnancies and forcing them to carry any pregnancy - even one resulting from a rape or incestuous attack - and decide, instead, that women need to be stopped from breeding so much.

It seems to me that the best way to guard against such a potential future abomination would be to do whatever we can now in terms of laws, establishing precedence in court and setting our general policy to keep the government out of the reproductive choices of all Americans.

But that would be far too reasonable, wouldn't it?

I stand between the candle and the star
...between the darkness and the light

-- Paraphrased from "Babylon 5" created by J. Michael Straczynski

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand'
-- from "Witch Hunt" by Rush on their "Moving Pictures" album.

Facebook
Shadows in Wonderland
- we stand in the sun and look back in our tracks
an image of self in grays and in blacks
laughter and joy hold us in there sweet thrall
but even in Wonderland shadows must fall

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:43 pm 

lyssandri wrote:
Who's to say that one day the government will switch from trying to stop women from preventing unplanned pregnancies and forcing them to carry any pregnancy - even one resulting from a rape or incestuous attack - and decide, instead, that women need to be stopped from breeding so much.

given the prevailing demographic trends, it's not hard to see which women would become such a target.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:35 pm 

Michele Bachmann's Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week

A string of misadventures for the Congresswoman. posted on March 21, 2013 at 3:56pm EDT

http://www.buzzfeed.com/dorsey/michele- ... y-bad-week

I LOL'd at the Dana Bash video.

Also note that O'Reilly admits at about the 45 second mark in his video that George W Bush had a bigger White House budget than Obama. :shock: :D (his Soros bucks are on the way. 8-) .)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:41 pm 

The Daily Beast has an interesting story on Bachmann

Exclusive: Congressional Ethics Probe Adds to Michele Bachmann’s Political Woes
by John Avlon Mar 25, 2013 11:45 AM EDT

Quote:
The Hindenburg. The Titanic. Michele Bachmann.
Eighteen months ago, the Minnesota House member was considered an unlikely but undeniable Republican rising star, winning the Iowa straw poll that unofficially begins the primary season. Today, she is embroiled in a litany of legal proceedings related to her rolling disaster of a presidential campaign—including a Office of Congressional Ethics investigation into campaign improprieties that has not previously been reported.

The Daily Beast has learned that federal investigators are now interviewing former Bachmann campaign staffers nationwide about alleged intentional campaign-finance violations. The investigators are working on behalf of the Office of Congressional Ethics, which probes reported improprieties by House members and their staffs and then can refer cases to the House Ethics Committee.

“I have been interviewed by investigators,” says Peter Waldron, a former Bachmann staffer who’s embroiled in his own fight with his former boss, involving his allegations of pay-to-play politics and improper payments by the campaign—making him one of several members of Bachmann’s inner circle who’ve fallen out with the woman they once hoped would become commander in chief. While he was careful to avoid specifics in regard to the investigating body, Waldron said that “investigators came [and] interviewed me and are interviewing other staff members across the country.”

Two other former staffers confirmed the existence of the investigation this weekend, and on Monday Bachmann’s campaign counsel, William McGinley, of the high-powered firm Patton Boggs, confirmed that the Office of Congressional Ethics (OCE) was looking into the congresswoman’s presidential campaign last year.

More at the link
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... -woes.html

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:22 pm 

My hopes of a Bachmann/Palin ticket are dimming quickly

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:43 pm 

jonbeck wrote:

Those hopes never were bright. They've become a black hole.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:58 pm 

Occupation: Drone Maintenance @ "Drones RUs" - FAA Licensed and Certified "Drone Service Center©" Call (206) 622-0460 to schedule routine maintenance, warranty, and repairs. Emergencies - If we tell you, we have to bill you.
ZekeB wrote:
jonbeck wrote:

Those hopes never were bright. They've become a black hole.

Since when has bad publicity stopped any of the GOP - Gingrich, Sanitarium and the ilk???

NOTICE:
This post is a natural product. The slight variation in spelling
and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no
way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:59 am 

Quote:
Ex-Chief Of Staff To Confirm Bachmann Finance Allegations

IGOR BOBIC 9:00 AM EDT, THURSDAY APRIL 18, 2013
Andy Parrish, former chief-of-staff to Rep. Michele Bachmann's (R-MN), is expected to break his silence on allegations made by another aide that her 2012 presidential campaign violated Iowa Senate rules in making improper payments to its state chairman. The Star Tribune reports:

Until now, Parrish has been identified by the committee only as “Witness A,” Gilmore said.

“The time has come to confirm that ‘Witness A’ is Andy Parrish, and he’ll be providing an affidavit with supporting material that completely supports the representations previously made by Peter Waldron,” Gilmore said.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/e ... nn-finance

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:23 pm 

I'll be curious to see what comes of this. I had on WCCO radio a couple of weeks ago. They had on someone knowledgeable (naturally I can't remember their credentials - something like a PoliSci professor from the U) who said it's not that uncommon to run into financial issues when a politician is running two nearly simultaneous election campaigns in two difference races employing some of the same folks in both. Thinking of it that way, I could see unintentional errors being made. While I hope that devastating revelations are revealed, I won't be surprised if it's just sloppy accounting.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 5:49 pm 

Occupation: Cat petter, RN with license voluntarily inactive, just like Michelle Obama's law license.
Rep. Michele Bachmann says Obama could use the IRS to deny health care to Tea Party members

Quote:
While discussing the IRS targeting Tea Party groups, Rep. Michele Bachmann on the day that the House will vote for the gazillionth time to repeal Obamacare, the Congresswoman suggested that President Obama could use the IRS to deny healthcare “based upon a person’s political beliefs or their religiously held beliefs?”

http://freakoutnation.com/2013/05/16/re ... y-members/

Watch the video. She lies, lies, lies about the IRS "incident" and then makes up crazy shit...

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 6:03 pm 

Location: FEMA Camp 17 -- Malibu (Hey! You! Get off the lawn!)
She should go back to Switzerland -- if they'll take her.

Of course, the Swiss government won't give her the million dollars + a year she and her hubby suck from the United States, but at least she could escape socialized medici . . . oh wait!

Realist lives to serve. Foggy does it for the children. I'm in it for the schadenfreude.

:sterngard:

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 8:21 am 

Occupation: Harvester of the souless, labeller of the deluded, flayer of the intolerant...Birfoons have accused me of being heartless....It's not true I do have a heart, of a small child, in a box, under my bed.
And on a high point today Crazy Eyes Swissie has announced that she is not going to seek re-election as a congress critter

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 ... ?hpt=hp_t2

Her decision CATEGORICALLY has nothing to do with the fact that she barely scrapped in last time, or the Congressional ethics inquiry or the FEC investigations of her presidential run..... no, nowt to do with owt.

Hey, maybe this is the perfect opportunity for Mad Ole Orly, I mean with her gravitas, ability and stark raving mad lunacy she'd be a shoo in.....surely

Personally I believe that she has taken this principled stance due to the unacceptable requirement that she would, from 2014, have to have her healthcare provided under the Ebil Usurperators "Obamacare" program

Pest and Fail.......Member of Obama’s Brown Shirt corps
Gretawire..........Communist/terrorist
Freeperville........"League of Evil" and banned "Obama Zot"

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 8:29 am 

Shirley there is a RWNJ Think Tank that she can direct, thereby keeping her intellect in the fray.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 8:33 am 

TollandRCR wrote:
Shirley there is a RWNJ Think Tank that she can direct, thereby keeping her intellect in the fray.

I think that there is one of them ox morons.*

oxymoron, in case I was too subtle.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 8:49 am 

She's not going to run again? That's good news. The bad news is that she comes from a district that elected and re-elected her in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 8:51 am 

Quote:
Matt Lewis @mattklewis
Bachmann retirement video is...interesting. The closest thing I can compare it to is Delta’s in-flight safety video. dailycaller.com/2013/05/29/bac…

Quote:
Melissa Ryan ‏@MelissaRyan 1h

Michele Bachmann's goodbye video isn't a parody but wow does it feel like a joke. http://goo.gl/Uv7qT

Quote:
Jonathan Capehart @CapehartJ
Wow, Michele Bachmann took more than 8 minutes to say she's not running. And that music. But at least she's more coherent than Palin was.

Quote:
Garance Franke-Ruta ‏@thegarance 21 May

Good explainer: The Michele Bachmann Campaign Probe, Explained http://www.motherjones.com/politics/201 ... -explained

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/201 ... -explained

Quote:
David Corn ‏@DavidCornDC 20m

Michele, we hardly knew ye....Oh yeah, we did. Bachmann's greatest-or worst-hits: http://bit.ly/16oNeB5

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/201 ... atest-hits

Quote:
PolitiFact ‏@politifact 20 May

Michele Bachmann says IRS will be in charge of huge database of personal health records. Pants on Fire! http://ow.ly/ldPKo

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... tabase-ru/

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 9:01 am 

The music in that video is just so weird.

I hope somebody with skillz adds a keyboard cat playing in the background. :P

You just know this video is gonna be remade on SNL.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 9:05 am 

Are we sure that isn't a trailer for "Stepford Wives?"

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 9:13 am 

Occupation: Drone Maintenance @ "Drones RUs" - FAA Licensed and Certified "Drone Service Center©" Call (206) 622-0460 to schedule routine maintenance, warranty, and repairs. Emergencies - If we tell you, we have to bill you.
Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Are we sure that isn't a trailer for "Stepford Wives?"

I was going to add, "which version" however, I realize that MB covers all versions of the SciFi tale. Drugged humans or mechanical - MB looks the same and behaves like she has never had a heart, compassion or intelligence. Although, intelligence is something that most creators strive for in a robot -

So...drugged flesh and blood or a really f*cked up robot??? You Decide...

NOTICE:

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 9:15 am 

For once I agree with Bachmann. Eight years of Michele Bachmann was enough. As a matter of fact it was eight years too many. [-X

"The ultimate authority on the validity of a government issued document is the government that issued it." - Foggy, January 29, 2014

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 9:16 am 

Reality Check wrote:
For once I agree with Bachmann. Eight years of Michele Bachmann was enough. As a matter of fact it was eight years too many. [-X

Nine years too many... :lol: :lol: :lol:

NOTICE:

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 9:17 am 

Location: FEMA Camp 17 -- Malibu (Hey! You! Get off the lawn!)
Predickshun: Bachmann will "retire" this year, probably in the next couple of months. The investigations into her finances are uncomfortable for her. And for someone who has never been shy living off the teat of the government she so hates, there is probably a there there.

Realist lives to serve. Foggy does it for the children. I'm in it for the schadenfreude.

:sterngard:

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 9:21 am 

Also, MN went all "gay marriage". From what I see, MB and crew FAILED to secure MN for the white, God fearing, heterosexual, Swiss dual citizen, grifters of the GOP.

Her failure is complete (borrowed line, sorry)... Now we have a bunch of gay Minnesotans cavorting around the snow naked as jay birds. =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

NOTICE:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 445 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 18  Next