Anti-Semitism Everywhere

Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Re: Anti-Semitism Everywhere

Post #101 by Flatpointhigh » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:44 pm

Fortinbras wrote:I don't believe that Trump is antisemitic. His entire business career has been facilitated with Jewish helpers.

But I think he is tone deaf to the antisemitic mating calls of some of his political backers.

he's anti-semitic.
http://forward.com/news/breaking-news/3 ... -the-jews/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... 5592cbd3f4
And to Jewish Republicans…

“I know why you’re not going to support me. You’re not going to support me because I don’t want your money. Look, I’m a negotiator, like you folks”

http://www.jta.org/2016/06/02/news-opin ... a-timeline

"It is wrong to say God made rich and poor; He only made male and female, and He gave them the Earth as their inheritance."- Thomas Paine, Forward to Agrarian Justice
Cancer broke me

Addie

Post #102 by Addie » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:58 am

Independent

Extremist website insists armed march against Jewish people in Montana will go ahead

The organiser of an armed march against the Jewish population in a small town in Montana has insisted the harassment campaign will go ahead.

The Daily Stormer, an American neo-Nazi website, is planning the march in Whitefish, where the mother of white supremacist Richard Spencer lives. ...

Yet Andrew Anglin, publisher of The Daily Stormer and organiser of the march, said he would apply for a permit and would be there personally.

"Montana has extremely liberal open carry laws, so my lawyer is telling me we can easily march through the center of the town carrying high-powered rifles," he wrote.

“Currently, my guys say we are going to be able to put together about 200 people to participate in the march, which will be against Jews, Jewish businesses and everyone who supports either. We will be busing in skinheads from the Bay Area.”

¡Qué vergüenza!

Flatpointhigh

Post #103 by Flatpointhigh » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:24 pm

and, at "The Deplora-ball" they are discouraging salutes and anything reeking of the "JQ". That's why they dumped Mike Cernovich for an anti-semitic tweet

they're sold out, and it appears to also be a planning session to continue the trolling for Trump
In 2016, Americans in favor of competent, America-first leadership were insulted, harassed, and assaulted for holding views contrary to those of the bicoastal, bipartisan “elites”.Despite overwhelming cultural opposition, a groundswell of Americans rose up together to embrace these labels (especially “Deplorables”) to meme our way to the Whitehouse and elect Donald Trump.

In celebration of this historic event, we will be helping citizens across the USA to host and throw their own DeploraBall parties!

UPDATE: Deplorables from18 states and 2 other countries have contacted us already... asking to host #DeploraBall50X events! Join Them! Join Us!
We’re not bragging when we say we memed a President into office.
We also did the grunt work.

We enlisted the help of meme magicians and content distributors across all social networks and we decorated cities overnight.

2016 was just the beginning for Warfare Media. We can't wait to show you what comes next.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

"It is wrong to say God made rich and poor; He only made male and female, and He gave them the Earth as their inheritance."- Thomas Paine, Forward to Agrarian Justice
Cancer broke me

vic

Post #104 by vic » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:33 am

Yeah, the alt-right aren't anti-semites. Just coincidence that they used a family's menorah, right?

From the Washington Post:

Vandals turned a Jewish family's menorah into a swastika

When Naomi and Seth Ellis’s young sons said that they wanted lights on their house in Chandler, Ariz., like all their neighbors’ Christmas decorations, the parents knew what to tell their three Jewish boys: Yes.

One trip to Lowe’s, $100 worth of PVC pipe, nine solar-powered lights and a coat of shiny gold paint later, the Ellises had a shining 7-foot-tall Hanukkah menorah on their lawn.

But on Friday morning, the Ellises had something new to tell their boys, and they weren’t sure how to say it.

After the boys went to bed on the sixth night of Hanukkah, someone dismantled their special menorah and turned it into a giant swastika.
:snippity:

Addie

Post #105 by Addie » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:48 pm

NBC News

'This is the World We Live in Now': New Bomb Threats Against Jewish Community Centers Across US Raise Alarms

Jewish community centers around the country were again targeted with bomb threats Wednesday morning, a week after a spate of similar threats against many centers.

Centers in Miami, Newton, Massachusetts, Scotch Plains and Woodbridge, N.J., and Marin County, California and Portland, Maine were targeted. Two centers in Connecticut, one at the JCC of Greater New Haven in Woodbridge and another at The Mandell JCC West Hartford, also reported receiving bomb threats.

Threats were made to at least seven JCCs in Florida, New Jersey, Delaware, Tennessee and North Carolina last week.

It's unclear if the threats are connected. ...

Marla Cohen, communications manager for the New-York based, JCC Association of North America said that 28 centers in 17 states have been threatened in total on Wednesday. Last week, there were 16 JCCs threatened in nine states. She said some of the threats came in as robo dialers and some were actual people. Last week, the FBI was called in, she said.

¡Qué vergüenza!

Flatpointhigh

Post #106 by Flatpointhigh » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:18 pm

They left out the threat to the JCC in San Rafael, CA today.

Cancer broke me

TollandRCR

Post #107 by TollandRCR » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:28 am

I don't know whether this means there is a new level of anti-Semitism in the U.S. or just that Trump has given permission for it to come out of the dark. If the latter, Trump should be able to tamp it down. Evidence for the former is that anti-Semitism is re-emerging in some European countries.

“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

Flatpointhigh

Post #108 by Flatpointhigh » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:14 pm

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/n ... -students/

The hate-mongering eggheads, known as the Atomwaffen Division, are considered a potential threat because they’re aligned with Islamic terrorists and are encouraging attacks on the United States.

The racist geeks have glorified the perpetrators of the deadly nightclub shooting in Orlando, Fla., that claimed 49 lives in June 2016, and the Oklahoma City truck bombing that killed 168 people in 1995.

“Atomwaffen Division has used the slogan ‘Osama was Right,’ and its leader has praised Orlando ISIS terrorist, Omar Mateen, as a ‘hero,'” a source familiar with the group told Radar.

Cancer broke me

DrIrvingFinegarten

Post #109 by DrIrvingFinegarten » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:17 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rh1dhur4aI

Somebody punches Richard Spencer in the face.

Volkonski

Post #110 by Volkonski » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:36 pm

Some Jewish Community Centers Told to Evacuate Amid More Reports of Bomb Threats
There were reports of bomb threats at JCCs in New Jersey, New York, California, Colorado and Utah

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Je ... 96793.html

Tuesday's scare is the latest in a series of bomb threats targeting JCCs across the country this month. Sixteen centers, including MetroWest, were threatened in nine states on Jan. 9, according to Marla Cohen, communications manager for the New-York based, JCC Association of North America.
Bomb Threats Prompt Evacuation of Jewish Community Centers

Nine days later, Cohen said, 28 centers in 17 states were threatened. She said some of the threats came in as robo dialers and some were actual people. The FBI was assisting in the probe. 

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

RoadScholar

Post #111 by RoadScholar » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:44 pm

Nothing deplorable about that, right? :evil:

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.

Flatpointhigh

Post #112 by Flatpointhigh » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:15 pm

RoadScholar wrote:Nothing deplorable about that, right? :evil:

nope. it's just about us Jews. It's cool to hate us. :evil:

Cancer broke me

Addie

Post #113 by Addie » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:02 am

I saw this on DU.

¡Qué vergüenza!

Lani

Post #114 by Lani » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:21 am

:gotalink:
I want to share it.

Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

Addie

Post #115 by Addie » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:30 am

Does this help?

https://twitter.com/IMPL0RABLE/status/8 ... wsrc%5Etfw

Lani wrote::gotalink:
I want to share it.

¡Qué vergüenza!

Lani

Post #116 by Lani » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:32 am

Mahalo!

Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

Addie

Post #117 by Addie » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:37 am

New York Daily News

Straphangers work together to remove swastikas, anti-Semitic messages from Manhattan train ...

The Daily News independently verified that a generous amount of hand sanitizer containing at least 70% ethyl alcohol does help in removing permanent marker from some plastic surfaces.

The witness said travelers reached for their stash of the potent liquid and dissolved a number of swastikas scrawled on subway maps and door windows. At least one message had declared, "Jews belong in the oven."

The vandalism comes within a week of the White House purposely omitting Jewish victims from a statement on International Holocaust Remembrance Day. ...

A man responded to Locke’s post on Facebook and said he spotted a similarly written graffiti — on the same train — shortly after the November election. ...

The message he saw celebrated Trump’s election victory.

"Finally we have a real man in the white house, a white man," it read. The menace signed off with a swastika as well.

¡Qué vergüenza!

SueDB

Post #118 by SueDB » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:53 am

Good old fashioned cigarette lighter fluid - the kind you use in Zippos works like a charm too with less work.

“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

Sugar Magnolia

Post #119 by Sugar Magnolia » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:17 pm

SueDB wrote:Good old fashioned cigarette lighter fluid - the kind you use in Zippos works like a charm too with less work.

But how many people have that in their pocket or purse?

(Nail polish remover works too.)

RoadScholar

Post #120 by RoadScholar » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:52 pm

One might have to be careful about solvents. Many of the signs and adverts are covered with protective plastic sheets of some kind. Graffiti removal products are built to remove paint but not attack most surfaces. But as was said, nobody would be carrying it.

Gotta love the spirit those folks showed. Good on them.

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.

Addie

Post #121 by Addie » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:11 am

New York Daily News

Dozens of headstones at St. Louis Jewish cemetery vandalized

Dozens of gravestones at a historic Jewish cemetery in St. Louis were damaged in what may have been an anti-Semitic attack.

Headstones at the Chesed Shel Emeth Cemetery were discovered Monday morning, tipped over by what police believe was a group of vandals.

Police in the University City neighborhood told the Daily News that they are not investigating the incident specifically as a hate crime, but have not ruled out the possibility.

More than 100 headstones had been damaged, according to KTVI, which reported that it is believed an organized group was behind the vandalism.

University City Police said they did not know who toppled monuments at the cemetery, which dates back to 1893, but were reviewing surveillance footage from the cemetery and surrounding businesses.

The vandalism was discovered the same day that 11 Jewish community centers across the country received hoax bomb threats, the fourth waves of countrywide threats this year.

Adding:

Aljazeera: Muslims raise $55,000 to fix vandalised Jewish cemetery

Update:

NBC News: Muslim Fundraiser to Repair Jewish Cemetery Raises $100k

¡Qué vergüenza!

bob

Post #122 by bob » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:19 pm

DrIrvingFinegarten wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rh1dhur4aI

Somebody punches Richard Spencer in the face.

Speaking of Spencer: WaPo: Alt-right leader expelled from CPAC after organizer denounces ‘left-wing fascist group’:
Richard Spencer, a founder of the alt-right movement that seeks a whites-only state and that strongly backed Donald Trump for president, was expelled from the Conservative Political Action Conference after being criticized from its main stage . . . .

“There is a sinister organization that is trying to worm its way into our ranks,” said Dan Schneider, the executive director of the American Conservative Union, which runs CPAC. “We must not be deceived by [a] hateful, left-wing fascist group.”

Over a few confusing minutes, Schneider argued that the alt-right was philosophically left-wing because it departed from his definition of conservatism, in which “the individual” is sovereign.

Imagex4 Imagex2 Imagex2 Imagex2

Addie

Post #123 by Addie » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:57 pm

ABC6

Dozens of headstones damaged at Philadelphia Jewish cemetery

WISSINOMING (WPVI) --
Dozens of headstones at a Jewish cemetery in the Wissinoming section of Philadelphia have been broken and overturned.

The Philadelphia police say this was an act of vandalism at the Mt. Carmel Cemetery on the corner of Frankford and Cheltenham avenues.Aaron Mallin of North Jersey made the disturbing discovery Sunday when he came to visit his father's grave.

"It's just very disheartening that such a thing would take place," Mallin said.He says he knows this doesn't look good, but is hoping that somehow this wasn't an anti-Semitic attack."I'm hoping it was maybe just some drunk kids. But the fact that there's so many, it leads one to think it could have been targeted," Mallin said.The damage is widespread all across the cemetery with dozens, perhaps hundreds, of headstones affected.Mallin just doesn't understand how someone could do this.

"It's just very heartbreaking," Mallin said.The Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia tells Action News they will be opening a mailbox at jewishphilly.org later Sunday to begin raising money to help speed up the repairs of the cemetery.

¡Qué vergüenza!

Addie

Post #124 by Addie » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:11 pm

The Hill

Muslim-Americans help repair hundreds of vandalized Jewish gravestones

Muslim-Americans rushed to help repair a damaged Jewish cemetery in Philadelphia Sunday, after hundreds of gravestones, some more than a century old, were vandalized.

The headstones were found damaged and overturned at a Jewish cemetery in Philadelphia on Sunday, according to local news reports. Some reports estimated nearly 500 headstones had been damaged, while police reports left the number at around 100.

About three hours later, Muslims had arrived to show solidarity and help repair the damage.

3 hours after discovering Philadelphia Jewish cemetery was vandalized. Muslims arrived to show solidarity & repair the damage #brotherhood pic.twitter.com/UY92gqQNOe
— Muhammed Chaudhry (@EducationIQ) February 26, 2017

PRESS RELEASE: Ahmadiyya Muslim Community USA Condemns Vandalism of Jewish Cemeteries#Philadelphia pic.twitter.com/1rgH81HOzU
— Islam Press (@Islam_Press) February 26, 2017

¡Qué vergüenza!

Addie

Post #125 by Addie » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:40 pm

Talking Points Memo

New Wave Of Bomb Threats Hits Jewish Community Centers Across U.S

Jewish community centers in at least 11 states received bomb threats on Monday, echoing similar waves of threats on Jan. 9 and Jan. 18.

The threats came after hundreds of headstones were overturned at a Jewish cemetery in Philadelphia over the weekend. According to a report by WPVI, more than 500 headstones were damaged in what police called an act of vandalism, though they did not attribute a specific cause. ...

The Jewish Federation of Southern New Jersey in Cherry Hill tweeted on Monday morning that it was "safely evacuated" and that police were at the scene. ...

Police also investigated a threat at the Katz Jewish Community Center in Cherry Hill, according to a report by local NBC station WCAU.

¡Qué vergüenza!

Return to “International Culture & Current Events”