Stuart Scott Loses His Fight With Cancer

Post by John Thomas8 »

Stuart's ESPYs speech:

Rich Eisen talking about his friend:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-g ... uart-Scott

John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

For folks that don't follow sports or watch ESPN, Stuart moved sports news anchoring into a completely different realm than when ESPN hired him. He made it more culturally relevant to ESPN's younger viewership and held himself to an intensely high standard. Besides, he was just a good human being.

MRich

Post by MRich »

Watching and reading the tributes to Stuart Scott, I am so saddened by this loss. He was not only a distinctive sports anchor, he was apparently well liked and respected by his colleagues.

I remember thinking a couple years ago how good he looked after his weight loss. I had no idea he was sick, and I was shocked at his appearance at the ESPYS.

He will be missed. :(

Roboe

Post by Roboe »

His passing was even referenced during Awesome Games Done Quick 2015, a event streaming speedrunning of various video games while raising money for charity. This year they're raising money for the Prevent Cancer Foundation, and 27 hours into the weeklong event, they've already raised more than $160,000 + whatever has been raised through the Humble Bundle pack they're promoting + some other gaming related stuff.

Return to “American Culture & Current Events”