Trayvon Martin's MURDER in Sanford, FL

MetoDC

Post by MetoDC » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:38 pm

Accident report. [/break1]mediafire.com/view/9ap70t0rphgniix/07-17-13_vehicle_crash_on_I-4_and_SR_46%281%29.pdf]http://www.mediafire.com/view/9ap70t0rp ... 281%29.pdfThe accident report indicates that the airbags did not deploy. No mention of a witness or injuries. Curious. . . . . MetoDCI can't speak directly to FL accident reports, but the 'public' reports here never list witnesses. They basically list the vehicles and driver info and any pertinent info about the car (towed, where to, inventoried, etc) and little else. You'll notice also the 2 kids aren't listed as passengers. And roll-overs frequently don't activate the airbags. The sensors are usually on the front and front sides of the vehicles and the ones that have side air bags usually require a direct contact from a T-bone or something.Thanks - Sugar Magnolia - I don't have much experience with car accident reports myself.I am still very skeptical about this. I thought he was too scared to go out in public. . . . . Timing too bizare. I am willing to wiat and see -- it isn't as if I am claiming that the long from accident report is a forgery or anything.MetoDC

listeme

Post by listeme » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:40 pm

I could be convinced it was a ruse, but I'm assuming it was something like it's being reported.But here's the thing I have thought several times since hearing about this rescue or whatever it's being called. George wants to be a hero, right? He has this little complex that makes him think he's uniquely suited to deal with "emergencies". He had this idea that the police really appreciated his calls about thugs in his neighborhood, etc.And even if he were genuinely the only guy around when an actual emergency happened, and even if he did something genuinely heroic and saved a person's life, more than half of us would not believe it. Because of his known actions and known lies, he can NEVER be the respected hero he desperately wants to be.Never in his whole life.
We're used to being told it's our fault that men don't listen to us.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:56 pm

I could be convinced it was a ruse, but I'm assuming it was something like it's being reported.But here's the thing I have thought several times since hearing about this rescue or whatever it's being called. George wants to be a hero, right? He has this little complex that makes him think he's uniquely suited to deal with "emergencies". He had this idea that the police really appreciated his calls about thugs in his neighborhood, etc.And even if he were genuinely the only guy around when an actual emergency happened, and even if he did something genuinely heroic and saved a person's life, more than half of us would not believe it. Because of his known actions and known lies, he can NEVER be the respected hero he desperately wants to be.Never in his whole life.Several reports I've read have said he "helped the occupants" from the vehicle. That makes a lot more sense to me than him pulling them out. The ONLY times I have ever seen passersby "pull" someone from a vehicle was if they were unconscious. Every other time they have simply run up and talked to the occupants, and assisted them in getting out of the car under their own power. 99 times out of 100 the driver or occupants ask them NOT to help them beyond just supporting them while climbing out. The drivers are testing out possible injuries and trying to gather their wits. They don't want a bunch of people pushing them around. And as a side note, I've witnessed (and "helped" people) at 4 wrecks off-duty and the only time anyone got my name as a witness was the time I had to do CPR. Unless there is something criminal suspected, witnesses are usually for the benefit of the insurance companies, not the police.

MetoDC

Post by MetoDC » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:00 pm

And as a side note, I've witnessed (and "helped" people) at 4 wrecks off-dutyand the only time anyone got my name as a witness was the time I had to do CPR. Unless there is something criminal suspected, witnesses are usually for the benefit of the insurance companies, not the police.Hero! (Actually I mean it as to S.M.). But I'll bet you didn't get lauded as a hero in the media -- or not by much anyway. Helping someone out of a wrecked car once is called being a good person in my book. 4 times is different.MetoDCP.S. -- I remain skeptical. Let's just say that my litigator's instincts don't like this story. Something doesn't fit, although the most recent idea that he just helped out makes more sense to me.

Emma

Post by Emma » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:01 pm

The responding deputy is quite the Zimmerman fan (from FB posts prior to the accident, during the trial).

Emma

Post by Emma » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:04 pm

P.S. -- I remain skeptical. Let's just say that my litigator's instincts don't like this story. Something doesn't fit, although the most recent idea that he just helped out makes more sense to me.I'm skeptical too. I'm not sure I'd go as far as some have, suggesting the aforementioned deputy tipped GZ off on the wreck. But I don't believe this was quite the heroic feat others are making it out to be.

A Legal Lohengrin

Post by A Legal Lohengrin » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:34 pm

O'Mara on zimmerman's 'rescue'“This is quintessential George. This is the person who I knew him to be when I found out about his past before February 12. Just a guy who’s always involved in the community, always willing to, you know, lend a helping hand," O'Mara told Cuomo, as part of a live interview. "And, here we go, four days after the event, something that I could not have planned, but turned out to be just pure George.”I'll agree with this. This whole story is a 99.44% pure steaming load of Zimmerman from start to finish.

ProudObot

Post by ProudObot » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:30 pm

O'Mara on zimmerman's 'rescue'“This is quintessential George. This is the person who I knew him to be when I found out about his past before February 12. Just a guy who’s always involved in the community, always willing to, you know, lend a helping hand," O'Mara told Cuomo, as part of a live interview. "And, here we go, four days after the event, something that I could not have planned, but turned out to be just pure George.”I'll agree with this. This whole story is a 99.44% pure steaming load of Zimmerman from start to finish. :yeah: This :turd: from O'Mara makes the whole story even more implausible. Ya know, the icing on the cake, the cherry on the top, etc..Sekrit Stuffs!
Sorry 'bout that, Stern! ;;)

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:31 pm

Sekrit Stuffs!
Well at least the :turd: no longer has sugars or grains.

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:00 pm

Juror Says ‘George Zimmerman Got Away With Murder’

[/break1]talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/juror-says-george-zimmerman-got-away-with-murder?ref=fpb]http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/e ... er?ref=fpb
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

mimi

Post by mimi » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:27 am

George Zimmerman's Biggest Defender: A Racist With a Criminal Past

Frank Taaffe, Zimmerman's unofficial media emissary, is a convicted criminal who recently appeared on The White Voice, a virulently racist podcast.

—By Mariah Blake

| Thu Aug. 8, 2013 3:00 AM PDT

Taaffe was hardly the ideal person to be weighing in on a case suffused with racial angst—or commenting on criminal-justice matters, period. A Mother Jones investigation has found that the 56-year-old New York native has a lengthy criminal record that includes charges of domestic violence and burglary, and a history of airing virulently racist views. Just last Sunday, he appeared on The White Voice, a weekly podcast hosted by a man named Joe Adams, who has deep, long-standing ties to white-power groups and has authored a manual called Save The White People Handbook. (Sample quote: "A mutt makes a great pet and a mulatto makes a great slave.")

During a previous White Voice appearance, on July 27, Taaffe argued that whites and blacks have no business mingling. ("They don't want to be with us and we don't want to be with them.") Taaffe also opined that if Zimmerman had racially profiled Martin, he was justified in doing so because "young black males" had burglarized homes in their neighborhood. "What if I—a middle-aged white man—wore a hoodie and went through Trayvon Martin's neighborhood?" he asked defiantly. Adams replied that "no sane white person" would dare walk down their "local Marcus Garvey Boulevard."

"I'd only be there for one or two things," Taaffe shot back. "And I'm sure the vice squad would want to be interested in that."

Taaffe—who has railed against absentee black fathers—was a marginal figure in the lives in his own children. Vincent, his eldest son from his first marriage, who died in a car crash last year, didn't speak to him. (Taaffe says this was because Vincent was outraged over his involvement in the Zimmerman case: "I was ostracized by members of my own family for supporting George.") William, who struggled with addiction and emotional problems after his parents' brutal divorce, cycled in and out of rehab before dying of a drug overdose in 2008. According to a source close to the family who provided photocopies, he left behind an angst-filled notebook, with these words scrawled across the final pages: "Fuck you, Dad, I never thought a father could be so bad…I'm your son, the one you ditched."more:

[/break1]motherjones.com/politics/2013/08/frank-taaffe-george-zimmerman-racist-white-voice]http://www.motherjones.com/politics/201 ... hite-voice

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:29 am

Taaffe seems to be making the case for a federal prosecution based on a racial hate crime. Excellent choice for a Zimmerman spokesman.

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:03 pm

Taafe was a fixture on Nancy Grace and Dr. Drew during the Zimmerman trial (I didn't watch much because this guy was so vile and was allow to spew without much challenge). They obviously don't research their guests. I wonder if viewers will be offered this information and an apology? I won't know because I won't be watching that trash.
I love the poorly educated!!!

I believe Anita Hill! I believe Dr. Ford!

kubu island

Post by kubu island » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:30 pm

Kos has an interesting article originally published by Alternet.org. about the procecution's unwillingness to do it's job. " 10. Florida wanted to get rid of the case, not win it. The Times-Picayune’s DeBerry said his ex-prosecutor source “said he’s polled about 20 prosecutors in New Orleans, and though all aren’t sure that they would have been able to get Zimmerman convicted as charged, each of them is convinced that he or she could have gotten more than an acquittal. It was a clear case of tanking, he argued: ‘They didn’t want to win this case.’”[/break1]dailykos.com/story/2013/08/08/1229666/-So-did-the-Zimmerman-Prosecutors-Throw-The-Case]http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/08/0 ... w-The-Case

Joseph Robidoux III

Post by Joseph Robidoux III » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:43 pm

Tracy Martin was named an honorary captain and will be on the field with the other Florida A&M captains for the coin toss at the FAMU season opener against Mississippi Valley State Sept 1. The father of Trayvon Martin delivered an inspirational speech to the Florida A&M football team Sunday, the Orlando Sentinel reported, and afterwards was named an honorary captain of the team.“[We] talked and I told him I'd love him to talk to the team. He came out and he was very, very encouraging,” FAMU coach Earl Holmes said of Tracy Martin's speech. "[He] got a standing ovation from our guys. He talked about just persevering and told the guys to keep on pushing through the hard times.Holmes offered his support for the Trayvon Martin Foundation, founded by Trayvon's parents in the wake of their son's shooting death. The foundation seeks to "create awareness about how violent crime impacts the families of the victims and to provide support for those families," according to its website.“I think what he's doing with the foundation is big and it speaks volumes and I want the football team and FAMU Nation to be part of that," Holmes said, per the Sentinel. "At the end of the day, whether it's good, bad or indifferent, a parent lost a child. He can live through us and we're going to push on for him."[/break1]cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/23136251/father-of-trayvon-martin-talks-to-famu-named-honorary-captain]http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootbal ... ry-captain

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:18 pm

Florida A&M has some internal fences to mend, too.

Emma

Post by Emma » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:10 pm

Zimmerman went to Kel-Tec in Cocoa, Florida ... a gun manufacturing company. We're told he was asking questions about the legality of buying a shotgun -- specifically, the Kel-Tec KSG.

The gun in question is a tactical shotgun, often used for home defense. It holds 12 rounds of 12 gauge shells.

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2013/08/22/0822 ... -ksg-1.jpg

The Kel-Tec Shotgun is described as a 6.9-pound weapon that is "as compact as legally possible" at 26 inches overall and with an 18.5-inch cylinder bore barrel. It holds "an impressive" 12 rounds.

Read more: [/break1]tmz.com/2013/08/22/george-zimmerman-shotgun-kel-tec-trayvon-martin-shop-gun/#ixzz2coT45KOV]http://www.tmz.com/2013/08/22/george-zi ... z2coT45KOV

Emma

Post by Emma » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:33 am

More comments from his attorney:“We certainly would not have advised him to go to the factory that made the gun that he used to shoot Trayvon Martin through the heart,” Shawn Vincent, a spokesman for attorney Mark O’Mara, told Yahoo News. “That was not part of our public relations plan.”---O’Mara still represents Zimmerman on sanctions his firm filed against Florida prosecutors for allegedly withholding case discovery, and in a defamation lawsuit against NBC News. Vincent says O'Mara and Zimmerman are in contact about once a week.“From that perspective, we are George’s legal representation, but I don’t think he takes our advice on how he lives his life or what factories he decides to tour,” Vincent told Yahoo News. “We represented him in court. We got the verdict that we believe is just, and the rest of George’s life is up to George.”But Vincent acknowledged that the timing of the factory tour was not well planned, especially since Zimmerman has become a lightning rod in the debate on gun and self defense rights.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:39 am

More comments from his attorney:“We certainly would not have advised him to go to the factory that made the gun that he used to shoot Trayvon Martin through the heart,” Shawn Vincent, a spokesman for attorney Mark O’Mara, told Yahoo News. “That was not part of our public relations plan.”---Extremely odd wording from someone who professes to believe that they "got the verdict that [they] believe is just" in the case.

Emma

Post by Emma » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:50 pm

Extremely odd wording from someone who professes to believe that they "got the verdict that [they] believe is just" in the case.And a bit harsher than their original statement:

"We understand how George visiting the factory that produces the gun used to shoot Trayvon Martin is seen as inappropriate," Shawn Vincent, spokesman for Zimmerman's lawyer Mark O'Mara, told Reuters on Friday.

mimi

Post by mimi » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:43 pm

O'Mara: George Zimmerman will ask state to cover $200K-$300K of his legal bills

Because he was acquitted, state law allows him to recoup thousands.

That motion, he said, "is in the works."

His office is still collecting numbers, he said, but he estimated the request would total $200,000 to $300,000.

That would be on top of the estimated $902,000 that public agencies already have spent on Zimmerman's five-week second-degree murder trial that ended July 13.more:

[/break1]orlandosentinel.com/news/local/trayvon-martin/os-george-zimmerman-we-pay-his-bills-20130826,0,7750164.story]http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/loc ... 0164.story

I'm a little confused. The end of the post has much higher figures. I guess the court knocks 'em down?

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:00 pm

O'Mara: George Zimmerman will ask state to cover $200K-$300K of his legal bills

Because he was acquitted, state law allows him to recoup thousands.

That motion, he said, "is in the works."

His office is still collecting numbers, he said, but he estimated the request would total $200,000 to $300,000.

That would be on top of the estimated $902,000 that public agencies already have spent on Zimmerman's five-week second-degree murder trial that ended July 13.more:

[/break1]orlandosentinel.com/news/local/trayvon-martin/os-george-zimmerman-we-pay-his-bills-20130826,0,7750164.story]http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/loc ... 0164.story

I'm a little confused. The end of the post has much higher figures. I guess the court knocks 'em down?I think the 200-300K figure is "costs" which are covered by the statute (from what I gathered, costs include everything except fees for an attorney's time); the higher figure is what O'Mara says he's owed for his time. Zimmerman's still on the hook for that.
"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

Kriselda Gray
Location: FEMA Camp 2112 - a joint project of the U.S. and Canada

Post by Kriselda Gray » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:39 pm

I read that as meaning that the cost to the state to prosecute Zimmerman was the $900,000 amount. That would include the attorneys time, any resources the attorneys use, any fees that might to have been page to other government agencies (I.E.fees for forensic testing, etc.) and other, similar expenses. The $200,000 $300,000 amount O'Mara is referencing would be the cost that Zimmerman owes to his attorney which they want to have the state pay also.
Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand... - "Witch Hunt" by Rush

SCMP = SovCits/Militias/Patriots.

Thor promised to slay the Ice Giants
God promised to quell all evil
-----
I'm not seeing any Ice Giants...

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:34 am

I read that as meaning that the cost to the state to prosecute Zimmerman was the $900,000 amount. That would include the attorneys time, any resources the attorneys use, any fees that might to have been page to other government agencies (I.E.fees for forensic testing, etc.) and other, similar expenses. The $200,000 $300,000 amount O'Mara is referencing would be the cost that Zimmerman owes to his attorney which they want to have the state pay also.I think you're right that the 900k was what it cost the state to try the cae. i actually think there are three different costs mentioned in the article... The 200-300k in expenses that O'Mara laid out that he wants the state to reimburse him for, the million or so in fees that Z owes O'Mara (plus whatever he owes West) (but the state is not on the hook for O'Mara's and West's "fees" -- only their expenses) as discussed at the end of the article, and the 902K that the state spent on the trial.
"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

Emma

Post by Emma » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:11 am

"That's where the fight is," said O'Mara, who told the paper he's been paid nothing by Zimmerman but has kept billing records.???What happened to all that money donated by his fans?

Return to “American Culture & Current Events”