Trayvon Martin's MURDER in Sanford, FL

Emma

Post by Emma »

Trayvon was beating Zimmerman, Zimmerman was found with blood on his face. Yet Trayvon didn't have foreign DNA on his hands or shirtsleeves.

Emma

Post by Emma »

Lead paramedic stated (more than once) under oath that Zimmerman didn't make any statements while being treated. However police report says Zimmerman was overheard while being treated by EMS that he cried for help over and over and no one came to his assistance. So what's the truth here?

Paramedic also says that he assessed the heart monitor (which showed asystole/'flatline') on Trayvon for about 30 seconds before pronouncing him dead --- within a minute of arriving on scene.

wow

Edit: I've not really followed this lately, figuring not much was going to happen for a while. Now I'm getting pissed off all over again.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

Lead paramedic stated (more than once) under oath that Zimmerman didn't make any statements while being treated. However police report says Zimmerman was overheard while being treated by EMS that he cried for help over and over and no one came to his assistance. So what's the truth here?

Paramedic also says that he assessed the heart monitor (which showed asystole/'flatline') on Trayvon for about 30 seconds before pronouncing him dead --- within a minute of arriving on scene.

wow

Edit: I've not really followed this lately, figuring not much was going to happen for a while. Now I'm getting pissed off all over again.
Trying to follow the case but I've apparently missed the EMT's statements under oath. The written EMS report by EMT-P Brandy references several statements Zimmerman made at the scene about how he received his injuries and responses to questions. Was Brandy the one who made the statements under oath?

The $40.15 was collected at the scene as evidence. They apparently missed the dime found by the ME's office.

It does bother me a bit that the PD states as fact that it is Zimmerman calling for help on the recordings with nothing to back that statement up. They make that claim in several places in the written reports (pg. 39, pg. 40, maybe others) and in the capias request on pg. 27. The FBI voice analysis report was received on Apr 2 but there is no supplemental report from the PD noting the failure by the FBI to make a match to either voice. It also bugs me that the witness interviews on pg. 41 are out of chronological order. It may be a minor thing, but it's sloppy.

Emma

Post by Emma »

Was Brandy the one who made the statements under oath?No, this was a male, he is a paramedic and was in charge of EMS at the scene. His statement indicates he was with Zimmerman from the time they took him out of the police car to examine him to when the police took him back into custody. He also says that Zimmerman had blood on his hands so he took some gauze and peroxide and cleaned them off...

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

Was Brandy the one who made the statements under oath?No, this was a male, he is a paramedic and was in charge of EMS at the scene. His statement indicates he was with Zimmerman from the time they took him out of the police car to examine him to when the police took him back into custody. He also says that Zimmerman had blood on his hands so he took some gauze and peroxide and cleaned them off...Michael Brandy is listed as the "Lead Crew Member" and Kevin O'Rourke as "Crew Member" on the written EMS report (pg. 183) but it says that "pt states he was assaulted and his head was struck on the pavement." (Pg. 182)I'm just trying to figure out how they got from a written, contemporaneous report that Zimmerman was communicating with them, to a sworn statement that he wasn't. And do you have a page reference for the police report that says he was overheard during the EMS check? I can't find it.

Emma

Post by Emma »

Michael Brandy is listed as the "Lead Crew Member" and Kevin O'Rourke as "Crew Member" on the written EMS report (pg. 183) but it says that "pt states he was assaulted and his head was struck on the pavement." (Pg. 182) Ok thanks, I missed that part.

I'm just trying to figure out how they got from a written, contemporaneous report that Zimmerman was communicating with them, to a sworn statement that he wasn't. And do you have a page reference for the police report that says he was overheard during the EMS check? I can't find it.

The report by officer Timothy Smith:

[/break1]files.wordpress.com/2012/03/martinpolicreport.pdf]http://cnninsession.files.wordpress.com ... report.pdf

For some reason, that section was redacted from the reports recently released (page 14 from the link in the above post).

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

I'm still confused a bit, but getting there I think.EMT-P Brandy says in his written report that Z was responding to him and making statements.Officer Ayala (Ofcr Smith's report didn't mention the EMS incident) reports overhearing Z making statements.The only hole left to plug is why any of the EMS personnel would later swear that Z hadn't said anything. Do you happen to remember where you saw that information?

Emma

Post by Emma »

I'm still confused a bit, but getting there I think.

EMT-P Brandy says in his written report that Z was responding to him and making statements.

Officer Ayala (Ofcr Smith's report didn't mention the EMS incident) reports overhearing Z making statements.

The only hole left to plug is why any of the EMS personnel would later swear that Z hadn't said anything. Do you happen to remember where you saw that information?That was in the [/break1]axiomamnesia.com/people/fire-department/michael-brandy-paramedic-sanford-fd/]audio interview I linked above. In the paramedic's written report, he says Zimmerman talked about what happened, that he was assaulted and had his head beat against the pavement. In the audio interview, when asked specifically if Zimmerman made any statements about how he received his injuries or if Zimmerman made any statements at all Brandy says "No" and that Zimmerman "was pretty silent".

[/break1]files.wordpress.com/2012/03/martinpolicreport.pdf]http://cnninsession.files.wordpress.com ... report.pdf

Page 7 of 8. Officer Timothy Smith's report:

"Zimmerman was placed in the rear of my police vehicle and was given first aid by the SFD. While SFD was attending to Zimmerman, I overheard him state "I was yelling for someone to help me, but no one would help me." At no point did I question Zimmerman about the incident that had taken place."

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

AHA! The missing piece! I completely missed the audio link. Thanks for bearing with me until I caught on.No clue why Brandy's written report and sworn statement are completely at odds.

Emma

Post by Emma »

Videos were released of Zimmerman's interview with police. I haven't watched those, but there are 2 that show him re-enacting the incident as the police drive then walk him through the complex.

He flat out lies about what happened and was said during his call to the police station, and there is no way in hell what he described happened within such a tight time frame. I also found it interesting that he was facing Trayvon when (he claims) Trayvon punched him in the nose --- as he was reaching into his pocket for his phone. Can't remember the exact words, but the gist is he forgot where the phone was or was searching for it ... ya know, the one he'd just been talking on. Also interesting is that pocket where he 'searched' for his phone was on the same side he wore his gun. I think the SOB was trying to pull his gun on Trayvon when he was punched.

From the girlfriend's statements and Zimmerman's own words .... it's pretty clear that Trayvon was the one in fear for his life that night.

Emma

Post by Emma »

part one: [/break1]orlandosentinel.com/videogallery/70585556/News/Raw-video-George-Zimmerman-re-enacts-encounter-for-police-Part-1]http://www.orlandosentinel.com/videogal ... ice-Part-1

part two: [/break1]orlandosentinel.com/videogallery/70585878/News/Raw-video-George-Zimmerman-re-enacts-shooting-for-police-Part-2-GRAPHIC-CONTENT]http://www.orlandosentinel.com/videogal ... IC-CONTENT

edit: note how far he says he walked (not ran) from his vehicle to the other street and then back to the sidewalk between the buildings. You can hear on the audio of his call the door alarm when he exits the car. I'll have to go searching for the timeline, but there is no way in hell he did all that between the time he exited the car and when the fight and shots were heard on 911 calls.

He also says that he searched for his phone in his pants pocket right before Trayvon 'attacked' him. That's right where his gun was holstered, as he admitted to police a few minutes later. I think Trayvon saw that gun, and I believe Zimmerman either pulled it or was going for it when Trayvon punched him.

Emma

Post by Emma »

This article details the inconsistencies in his accounts.

[/break1]cnn.com/2012/06/21/justice/florida-teen-shooting/index.html]http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/21/justice/f ... index.html

Something that stood out to me too:

And the investigator expresses doubt that Zimmerman, who had lived in the neighborhood for three years and described himself as head of the neighborhood watch, did not know the names of the three streets in the subdivision.

SLQ

Post by SLQ »

This is an interesting analysis of Zimmerman's behavior on the reenactment video: http://blog.eyesforlies.com/2012/06/geo ... nt-my.html(Note: I can't get the linky to work -- maybe it's chrome??)Edit: Actually, it did work, just not in preview.
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

Emma

Post by Emma »

His written statement the night of the shooting.

[/break1]cdn.turner.com/cnn/2012/images/06/21/written_statement_0226.pdf]http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2012/image ... t_0226.pdf

Way too many irrelevant details. His handwriting becomes very erratic describing the confrontation ... but goes back to 'normal' describing the shooting and subsequent events.

In this statement, Zimmerman says the initial punch knocked him on his back and that's when Trayvon got on top of him, banging his head onto the sidewalk, etc. That conflicts with what he told police during the walk-through, regarding where the initial confrontation took place and where Trayvon was found.

(edited to clarify .. hey, it's late dammit lol)

jtmunkus

Post by jtmunkus »

I just can't buy that this NRA-neighborhood watch-concealed carry-gun-nut - who called 911 dozens of times, didn't go for his gun until after Trayvon supposedly went for it.Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit. He was locked and loaded, and ready to stand his ground, even if that meant stalking this child and starting some shit. Not looking for his phone while he was being attacked to death by this 'suspicious' hoody-wearing black kid.

SLQ

Post by SLQ »

He also uses wanna-be cop terms: "suspect," "on my person," "firearm," "fled," "vehicle," "in route," "attempted," "torso," "restrain," etc. Something is very strange about that. Either this was written for him, or he reads a lot of cop novels or true crime magazines. A normal person would not use those words.
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

Emma

Post by Emma »

This is an interesting analysis of Zimmerman's behavior on the reenactment video: http://blog.eyesforlies.com/2012/06/geo ... nt-my.html

(Note: I can't get the linky to work -- maybe it's chrome??)

Edit: Actually, it did work, just not in preview.It took a while to come up, but it finally did work for me.

I think this is a good point.

ALSO, if a guy attacked you, are you going to drop your gun if you don't believe you shot him, and grab his hands instead? Ridiculous!! Who on earth would leave a gun laying around for a perp to grab?

Someone with firearms training (as required for concealed carry) should know better, eh?

Emma

Post by Emma »

I just can't buy that this NRA-neighborhood watch-concealed carry-gun-nut - who called 911 dozens of times, didn't go for his gun until after Trayvon supposedly went for it.

Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit. He was locked and loaded, and ready to stand his ground, even if that meant stalking this child and starting some shit. Not looking for his phone while he was being attacked to death by this 'suspicious' hoody-wearing black kid.Searching for the phone he had just used.

Yeah. Right.

jtmunkus

Post by jtmunkus »

I just can't buy that this NRA-neighborhood watch-concealed carry-gun-nut - who called 911 dozens of times, didn't go for his gun until after Trayvon supposedly went for it.

Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit. He was locked and loaded, and ready to stand his ground, even if that meant stalking this child and starting some shit. Not looking for his phone while he was being attacked to death by this 'suspicious' hoody-wearing black kid.Searching for the phone he had just used.

Yeah. Right.He's been steeped in fear, seething with hate, for months if not years - at least feeling threatened enough to carry a concealed weapon.

He's carrying a gun and a phone.

A threatening black male is coming at him, he's in fear for his life, and he's going to make a phone call?

And, yes, I noticed he speaks like the guys on Cops do when they're summing up their collars. They always recount their experience like they're writing about it in their report - and that's exactly how the murderer Zimmerman spoke.

Emma

Post by Emma »

Something else about his claim that the gun was lying on the ground next to Trayvon. He says that when he saw the police officer, he stood up and holstered his gun. Yeah. Right. An officer walks into a situation where he knows someone has been shot. He sees a man pinning another face down grab a gun from the grass and stand up. If it had happened like this, officer Smith's police report would have stated he found Zimmerman on top of Trayvon. More to the point ... if it had happened the way Zimmerman claims, officer Smith's report would have included a description of how he pulled his own gun (and possibly how he shot Zimmerman). No cop-wannabe like Zimmerman would pull such a stupid stunt in front of a police officer responding to a shooting.

Curious Blue

Post by Curious Blue »

I think a real interesting contrast is the 911 call from that guy in Texas who beat up & killed the man he caught in the midst of raping his 4 year old daughter. That guy was really freaking out -- obviously he never intended to kill the rapist (just beat the crap out of him), and he was doing everything he could manage to try to save the rapist once he realized the guy was critically wounded. Zimmerman doesn't even claim to have thought of or tried to render aid after he shot Martin.

Emma

Post by Emma »

I think a real interesting contrast is the 911 call from that guy in Texas who beat up & killed the man he caught in the midst of raping his 4 year old daughter. That guy was really freaking out -- obviously he never intended to kill the rapist (just beat the crap out of him), and he was doing everything he could manage to try to save the rapist once he realized the guy was critically wounded. Zimmerman doesn't even claim to have thought of or tried to render aid after he shot Martin.No. He even says he thought he'd missed. And he's fighting to 'restrain' Trayvon ... the autopsy report makes it clear the shot was almost immediately fatal. Not to get too graphic, but I don't believe for a minute that Trayvon held up his hands and said, "you got me". The bullet entered, went through the right ventricle (the part of the heart that pumps unoxygenated blood to the lungs) and then into his right lung. Both lung cavities were full of blood. People with wounds like that don't sit up, raise their hands and speak clearly. They gurgle. And, getting a bit graphic once more, he claims he was 'restraining' Trayvon. He would have known there was no need to restrain since it's pretty obvious after someone has died that there is no muscle tone. There would have been no reason to pin him down.

Curious Blue

Post by Curious Blue »

You've read my mind. I took a break to listen to the tapes of all the Zimmerman interviews.... and he claims that Martin sat up, said "you got me" -- and then he pushed Martin off of him and spread out his hands, all the while Martin is moaning or saying, "ow, ow" -- and Zimmerman is asking for help to "restrain" Martin.But the police reports are clear that Martin's body is found with his hands underneath his body, and as near as I can figure, when the bullet pierces the right ventricle, that's pretty much it. Any medical experts on board? On the 911 calls where you can hear the shot, everything goes silent immediately after the shot -- no one saying anything, no one calling for help.

Emma

Post by Emma »

You've read my mind.

I took a break to listen to the tapes of all the Zimmerman interviews.... and he claims that Martin sat up, said "you got me" -- and then he pushed Martin off of him and spread out his hands, all the while Martin is moaning or saying, "ow, ow" -- and Zimmerman is asking for help to "restrain" Martin.

But the police reports are clear that Martin's body is found with his hands underneath his body, and as near as I can figure, when the bullet pierces the right ventricle, that's pretty much it. Any medical experts on board?Excellent points.

[/break1]files.wordpress.com/2012/03/martinpolicreport.pdf]Officer Ayala (2nd to arrive on scene, and one of the officers who initiated CPR on Trayvon): Upon arrival, Ofc. T. Smith had a white male, later identified as George Zimmerman, in custody. Zimmerman was also the original caller in reference to the suspicious person.

... The black male had his hands underneath his body.

Officer Smith (1st on scene): Shortly after securing Zimmerman, Officer Ricardo Ayala arrived on scene. I advised Officer Ayala that I had not made contact with the black male subject laying on the ground.

On the 911 calls where you can hear the shot, everything goes silent immediately after the shot -- no one saying anything, no one calling for help.In the video, he claimed he was still in dire need of someone to help 'restrain' Trayvon, that they didn't need to call police but rather should come help him. That contradicts at least one witness who stated that they saw Zimmerman on top of Trayvon's body and that Zimmerman didn't reply initially when asked what was going on but then said, "Just call the police."

IMO, that Zimmerman would turn Trayvon's body face down and "restrain" rather than do what most reasonable people would do (back away and hold the gun on their attacker) is another example of him playing cop-wannabe --- as was shown in his written statement.

After watching that re-enactment video and reading all of the witness and police reports released so far, I'm more convinced than ever that Zimmerman instigated the confrontation and showed or pulled his gun on Trayvon, and that Trayon was in fear and fighting for his life. Please tell me that prosecutors have noted these inconsistencies.

kate520

Post by kate520 »

I know a defense attorney who has been vigorously arguing that Zimmerman is being railroaded. He's way to the left of me, this attorney, although that's kinda hard to do, IMO. ;) If the tapes don't change his tune, then I'm gonna have to consider him a knee-jerk.
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Return to “American Culture & Current Events”