School Violence

Volkonski

Re: School Violence

Post by Volkonski » Wed May 08, 2019 8:39 am

Steve Holley

@SteveHolley_
Follow Follow @SteveHolley_
More Steve Holley Retweeted The Denver Post
There was a shooting at my son’s school today. He’s safe, but... I’m sitting in a gym with hundreds of parents waiting to see their kids. This is the third time I’ve had to pick up my boys from school due to a lockdown. #stemshootingSteve Holley added,

The police are doing an great job of getting our kids to us. They’re bussing the kids over by grade. Started with the kinders, and have since called out 1st and 2nd grade parents. My kid is in 6th. #stemshooting

One of the police put his hand on my shoulder and asked how I was doing and asked about my son. The gym is starting to clear out somewhat as parents are called out to pick up their kids. #stemshooting

I had no idea about the shooting until a friend called offering to pick up our other son due to ‘what was going on at STEM.’ No sooner had I read it than my phone rang. #stemshooting

My son didn’t cry at first. He just said there had been a shooting and there was glass everywhere. He started to cry after he said he saw a girl who had been shot being carried out. I asked if he was safe, told him I was on my way, and that I loved him. #stemschoolshooting

I called my wife and met her halfway between our house and the school. The closer we got to the school the worse traffic became. We parked on the main road and walked in with other parents. We were waking with a dad who had yet to hear from his kid. #stemschoolshooting

At this point, they’ve split us up into groups by last name. Still waiting to see my kid, just like every else. Traffic is backed up in the area, so it’s taking the buses a while to get here. The mood is lightening a bit as more buses arrive, but I’m still on edge. #STEMshooting

My son really didn’t want to go to school today. He said he didn’t sleep well last night and really put up a fight to stay home! The police haven’t called out any grades for a while. And with that, Grade 4 is here. #stemschoolshooting

Grade 5 was just called. The police are handing out ‘reunification forms’ we need to fill out. Then we’ll all go to another room with all the 6th grade kids and parents to get our kids. #stemschoolshooting

My wife and I - and most everyone here - are holding it together. Once they call 6th grade I’ll probably lose it, then I’ll probably, no, I’ll absolutely lose it again when I see my son.

They just called grades 6-11 and what was orderly turned into chaos. I think (hope) I’m headed in the right direction. It just got really tense again.

Made it home almost 5 hrs after the shooting. Thankful to the teachers and staff at STEM and the authorities for taking care of our kids. Thankful to know my son is at home safe in his bed, but heartbroken that he and classmates had to endure this. #ENOUGH

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:47 am

COLORADO SCHOOLS ISSUING BUCKETS, KITTY LITTER FOR STUDENTS TO GO TO THE BATHROOM DURING LOCKDOWNS, SCHOOL SHOOTINGS

https://www.newsweek.com/colorado-schoo ... ol-1455261
Parents and teachers in a Colorado school district were surprised by some new additions to the list of necessary back-to-school supplies—including kitty litter, buckets and trash bags.

The products are part of Jefferson County's "Emergency Go Bucket," a way for students to relieve themselves in the event of a prolonged lockdown because of an active shooter.

Lockdowns are increasingly becoming a fact of life in American schools, which have seen at least 22 shootings so far this year.

:snippity:

"It's very sad that they have to live in fear," Stacy Weiland, the mother of a child at Evergreen Middle School, told KUSA.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:39 pm

Future school layouts will have to come with directly accessible bathrooms for each school room and storage lockers for MREs and water.

Read Infowars for more survival resources.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:42 pm

Man who shot at school landscaper in custody

http://longisland.news12.com/story/4096 ... in-custody
Nassau police have arrested a man they say shot at a landscaper in Nassau.

They say the school landscaper was mowing the grounds at Roosevelt Middle School. A resident who lives nearby became agitated at the landscaper and allegedly fired a shot at the landscaper.

Police say the landscaper ran off. The alleged shooter is in custody.

Police are calling the incident an “active investigation.”

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:09 pm

Update-
Authorities say a resident on Bauer Avenue got into a dispute with school landscapers over some trees that had fallen on his property.

They say he then fired three shots from a gun into the ground, and then went back inside his home.

Police say officers arrived on the scene shortly after 9 a.m., and a SWAT team descended on the suspect's house. Police Commissioner Patrick Ryder says the man surrendered to authorities after seeing the large police presence outside of his home.

:snippity:

At the time, a full staff of teachers was inside the school preparing for the upcoming school year. There were also students there for football and track practices.
Volkonski wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:42 pm
Man who shot at school landscaper in custody

http://longisland.news12.com/story/4096 ... in-custody
Nassau police have arrested a man they say shot at a landscaper in Nassau.

They say the school landscaper was mowing the grounds at Roosevelt Middle School. A resident who lives nearby became agitated at the landscaper and allegedly fired a shot at the landscaper.

Police say the landscaper ran off. The alleged shooter is in custody.

Police are calling the incident an “active investigation.”

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:52 am

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:03 am

was an intermediate appeal
A judge extended the hearing date on Infowars’ TCPA motion and ordered Infowars to respond to discovery requests. But when the deadline for discovery approached, Infowars made clear it did not intend to cooperate. Heslin filed a motion for contempt of court.

Lawyers for Infowars argued that because defendants had appeared in court regarding their motion to dismiss, they were not required to comply with the discovery process. The Texas Court of Appeals disagreed with Infowars’ interpretation of Texas law and tossed the appeal.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:31 pm

New horizons in bad taste. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Fred Guttenberg
@fred_guttenberg
·
3h
Under what scenario could somebody think this was a good idea? This has me so upset. If any of my followers no anybody involved with this clothing line, please ask them to stop it immediately.

Story and more offensive photos here-

https://www.papermag.com/school-shootin ... belltitem6

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:44 pm

A teen allegedly wanted to ‘shoot 400 people for fun.’ Cops found an AK-47 in her bedroom.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... rc404=true
Alexis Wilson was working an afternoon shift at the local Pizza Inn in McAlester, Okla., on Sunday, when she pulled a co-worker aside to boast about her new gun.

The slight 18-year-old with large brown eyes clutched her iPhone and pressed play on a video of her shooting a newly purchased AK-47, according to an incident report. Then Wilson told the other teenage waitress how much she resented the people at her old school — allegedly adding that she wanted to “shoot 400 people for fun.”

The chilling conversation shook Wilson’s co-worker. She reported it to a manager, who called the McAlester police.

On Monday, the Pittsburg County Sheriff’s Office said Wilson was charged with a felony for making a terrorist threat against McAlester High School.

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:20 pm

Volkonski wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:31 pm
New horizons in bad taste. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Fred Guttenberg
@fred_guttenberg
·
3h
Under what scenario could somebody think this was a good idea? This has me so upset. If any of my followers no anybody involved with this clothing line, please ask them to stop it immediately.

Story and more offensive photos here-

https://www.papermag.com/school-shootin ... belltitem6
“the next generation of haute streetwear”? I suddenly feel old.

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:59 pm

This back-to-school PSA from Sandy Hook Promise is a punch in the gut

https://www.washingtonpost.com/educatio ... punch-gut/
Familiar back-to-school supplies such as pencils, scissors and gym socks are recast as emergency survival tools in a devastating new public service announcement from the Sandy Hook Promise, an anti-violence nonprofit founded by the parents of victims of the Sandy Hook shootings in 2012.

In the PSA, “Back to School Essentials,” young students breezily show off their new school supplies before the tone veers into something much darker: A boy marveling over his new sneakers is running down the hallway not to dodge a hall monitor but a gunman. The ad reflects a grim reality for the network of survivors from the more than 228,000 students who have experienced a school shooting since the massacre at Columbine High School in 1999.

“Back to School” debuted on NBC during the Wednesday morning broadcast of the “Today” show alongside an interview with Sandy Hook Promise co-founder Nicole Hockley. Hockley’s 6-year-old son, Dylan, was among the 20 children and six adults who were killed in the December 2012 shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn.

“At the end, the girl with the phone gets me every time,” Hockley said on “Today,” referencing the ad’s final scene, where a young girl huddles in a bathroom stall to text her mom “I love you” as she hides from a gunman.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:12 pm

Volkonski wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:59 pm
This back-to-school PSA from Sandy Hook Promise is a punch in the gut

https://www.washingtonpost.com/educatio ... punch-gut/
Familiar back-to-school supplies such as pencils, scissors and gym socks are recast as emergency survival tools in a devastating new public service announcement from the Sandy Hook Promise, an anti-violence nonprofit founded by the parents of victims of the Sandy Hook shootings in 2012.

In the PSA, “Back to School Essentials,” young students breezily show off their new school supplies before the tone veers into something much darker: A boy marveling over his new sneakers is running down the hallway not to dodge a hall monitor but a gunman. The ad reflects a grim reality for the network of survivors from the more than 228,000 students who have experienced a school shooting since the massacre at Columbine High School in 1999.

“Back to School” debuted on NBC during the Wednesday morning broadcast of the “Today” show alongside an interview with Sandy Hook Promise co-founder Nicole Hockley. Hockley’s 6-year-old son, Dylan, was among the 20 children and six adults who were killed in the December 2012 shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn.

“At the end, the girl with the phone gets me every time,” Hockley said on “Today,” referencing the ad’s final scene, where a young girl huddles in a bathroom stall to text her mom “I love you” as she hides from a gunman.
https://www.
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=58&v=b5ykNZl9mTQ
This was shown on CNN this morning, along with an interview with one of the mothers (assume it's the same one listed above). They said CNN is giving this free air time to get the message out. Rough stuff. Can someone please bring to the Senate and play it for all to hear?

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:25 pm

University of Houston-Victoria campus on lockdown amid reports of box cutter attack

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texa ... socialflow
Students and staff are advised to stay indoors and to not leave their location for the time being, UHV said in a Facebook post.

Police are currently searching for a black male suspect that was seen attacking individuals with a box cutter at the corner of Ben Jordan and Red River near the Stripes convenience store.

The situation is ongoing. Please check back for updates.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:32 pm

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:28 pm

ABC News
@ABC
·
28m
DEVELOPING: Shooting reported at Ridgway High School in Santa Rosa, CA, placing multiple schools on lockdown.

"The suspect is still outstanding at this time," police say.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/shooting-repo ... itter_abcn
A shooting was reported near Ridgway High School in Santa Rosa, California, Tuesday morning, and police are now searching for "the lone shooter," authorities said.

Santa Rosa police described the incident as an "isolated shooting just outside" of the school.

"There is one known victim already receiving medical treatment," said police.

Ridgway High School, Santa Rosa High School and Santa Rosa Junior College were placed on lockdown, said police.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:32 pm

Student in custody after shooting at Milwaukee-area school

https://apnews.com/7fa2dae5aa86462a9433 ... SocialFlow
An officer shot an armed male student Monday morning in a classroom at a suburban Milwaukee high school after the suspect pointed a gun at officers, a police chief said.

A Waukesha South High School student informed a school resource officer that a classmate had a handgun around 10:17 a.m., Waukesha Police Chief Russell Jack said. He said the resource officer went to the classroom to confront the 17-year-old suspect and move other students in the room to safety.

Waukesha police and sheriff’s deputies soon arrived at the school and tried to de-escalate the situation to no avail.

“The suspect would not remove his hands from his pocket and continued to ignore officers’ commands,” Jack said. “The suspect removed his handgun from his waistband and pointed it at the officers. An officer was forced to discharge his firearm, striking the suspect.”

Return to “American Culture & Current Events”