Mr. SueDB & Ms SueDB Stage 5 Chronic Kidney Disease and Small Cell Carcinoma in no9

Addie

Re: Mr. SueDB & Ms SueDB Stage 5 Chronic Kidney Disease and Small Cell Carcinoma in no9

Post by Addie » Sun May 21, 2017 10:37 am

:crying: :grouphug:

¡Qué vergüenza!

cassandra

Re: Mr. SueDB & Ms SueDB Stage 5 Chronic Kidney Disease and Small Cell Carcinoma in no9

Post by cassandra » Sun May 21, 2017 10:57 pm

I certainly join in the group hug and I, too, wish I could do more.

This kind of news is saddening, sobering, and so very, very unfair. Cancer sucks.

But Sue, you're more than your disease and speaking as a cancer survivor and as someone who has loved ones fighting the Beast, I know that, as trite as it seems, none of us are guaranteed a tomorrow and all any of us have is today. It's a terribly high priced lesson, but one that I try to keep in mind despite what happens. I'd much rather not have learned it but I'm glad I did.

And I'm so sorry that you and yours have to go through all this. Take what joy you can and in the face of adversity, love and laugh as much as you can.

All the best,

Cassandra

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Sun May 21, 2017 11:00 pm

I don't know what to say. :( :brokenheart:

"The devil...the prowde spirite...cannot endure to be mocked.” - Thomas Moore

Tink

Post by Tink » Sun May 21, 2017 11:18 pm

:brokenheart:

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Sun May 21, 2017 11:42 pm

:brokenheart: :grouphug:

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Mon May 22, 2017 12:25 am

THERE IS SOMETHING WE CAN DO.

SueDB has a GoFundMe site which was put up originally for his wife's transplant. But SueDB and Mrs. SueDB could use some extra dough right now.

So I suggest we all make a contribution to help them out. I know SueDB is too proud to ask. I am not. I am grumpy and old, not proud. :sterngard:

If somebody could please put the link back up that would be great.

When one of our members (a certain barnyard fowl) came down with Guillain Barre a few years ago (the only known rooster ever to get Guillain Barre), we raised among ourselves over $9000 to help him and his fambly out. We can do no less for our esteemed SueDB.

SueDB

Post by SueDB » Mon May 22, 2017 12:40 am

WriteItDown wrote:Have you tried medical marajuana or is that illegal in your state?
Washington has been pioneer in MMJ > at least in production, consumption, and state legality. I have been blessed to live in progressive forward looking state. That may change though as like other western states, the MMJ question lies at the apex of the east side vs west side where there is a huge Nazi voting block just waiting to be unleashed among the "uneducated" morons who don't think. They are just jealous cause in their various shades of white, they cannot get it together enough to overcome the browns & blacks for more than a couple of mass murders, big drugbusts, and "white slavery/gambling/numbers/rackets.

I have to say that I've tried out some things in the spirit of youthful experimentation. Some for the pain benefit, some for other "benefits". While it seems to do no harm (unless it takes up the money/legitimate therapy time, most of the mainstream practicing doctors say - No from the standpoint that we don't know enough about it's effects on the body in an emergency. There aren't enough studies out there (double blind/legitimate researchers) in the use of MMJ in/around chronic patients who may need emergency (less than 24 hours surgery) surgery.

My doctor would rather treat the pain with morphine as we via government/commercial supply we know where it is manufactured, how it's manufactured, tested for purity etc. Also known are the purity (free from adulteration - unapproved fillers/chemicals), the dosage level where 1 mg of morphine is 1 mg not something between 0.5mg and 15 mg.

Long Story Short,
Yes, it's legal here in Wa State. Many of the folks who manufacture it here take extra efforts to ensure the potency and cleanliness.

I have tried it when the pain gets too much. Most of the time, it works as good as Aspirin or Tylenol. Sometimes though, you have to really push the dosage to get any effect. Not a fan. No hard feelings, but just not a fan.

Too bad it has to be politicized like this.

“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Mon May 22, 2017 12:42 am

Sterngard Friegen wrote:THERE IS SOMETHING WE CAN DO.
The link:

Let's do this thing.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Mon May 22, 2017 1:08 am

Dun!

SueDB

Post by SueDB » Mon May 22, 2017 1:27 am

OK - here is where the moneys have been sent for the Transplant and medical/non-medical support
Main Fund HQ out of:
Granny Trisha Kidney Fund #4156
Washington Employees Credit Union
575 Trosper Rd SW Stte 104
Tumwater, WA 98512

GoFundMe

For those that don't like any of the previous we have the ever popular

Paypal.me

https://paypal.me/grannytrishakidney Linked to Patricia Proffitt

https://paypal.me/grannytrishaskidney Linked to Bill Proffitt

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Mon May 22, 2017 9:24 am

Dun!!!!

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

June bug

Post by June bug » Mon May 22, 2017 2:13 pm

Me too. Plus. Also.

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Mon May 22, 2017 2:25 pm

Ok, I used Patricia's paypal. It should be instant. :grouphug:

--- George W Bush

ImageImage

SueDB

Re: Mr. SueDB & Ms SueDB Stage 5 Chronic Kidney Disease and Small Cell Carcinoma

Post by SueDB » Mon May 22, 2017 5:40 pm

Thank you, thank you, thank you, oh yes - over then in the corner with the purple trimmed toga, thank you too.

The Boogle (all of us) has amazed me since I joined the board over a whole bunch of years ago. We have been worried about getting the kidney for Granny Trisha. Katie, our donor is in the last stages of the testing. She passed the psychological tests which just leaves the Cardio portion. Katie has passed all phases of the rest. After what energy I had left over from the various tricks the Crohn's disease plays on you, I expended the rest taking care of Trisha and the household stuffs.

Then came the pain and eventually the Cancer diagnosis. I have spent 4 weeks recovering from the 1 week of chemotherapy. The math doesn't work if I am to survive, but going in the hospital was the best thing for me.

I was worried as to how Trisha would be taken care with the transplant in Seattle if I passed on suddenly. I am a lot stronger and so far the docs think that I will make it through the rest of the therapy. I needed the stress/nutrition/babysitting break the hospital and the rehab center afforded me. I spent almost all the time either sleeping, laying in bed, or eating. All my energy went toward getting better. I didn't even have enough energy left over to chase the :eek2: nurses ( much to their relief I suppose :roll: ) .

I've been out for a week and feel like I can take on the chemo and the one radiation dose that is needed for my recovery from the cancer. I've had 2 chemo sessions out of 7 (3 days per session - 1st day is Carboplatin and Taxol combo, 2nd day is Taxol followed by a 3rd day of Taxol. Take a week break than start the 3 day cycle over again.

Somewhere in all of this is the use of the Gamma Knife to nuke (cobalt 60 -Gamma Rays) the small bit of metastasized cancer cells which have lodged at the base of the brain right above the place where the optic nerves from the left and the right cross.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it - which also comes with morphine as a pain killer - 100mg extended release 12 hour type every 12 hours and 1 to 2 15 mg instant release tablets every 4 hours as/if needed (and boy...has it been needed). Throw in some lorazepam and you have a serious mix. That is why I have been fairly quiet yet almost goofy to the extreme these last 2 months.

The money is an unexpected help. Since my care comes through the VA, Trisha has been able to beat on every door she could find at the VA facilities looking for help for me. One of the best things she did was have the VA issue a nice hospital bed for the duration (ie: whenever the doc says I don't need it) Trisha has nearly worn herself out using the energy saved for the transplant to try to help me get better to help her. It is a vicious cycle. Both of us have to watch our energy and health levels so that we don't burn out on each other.

The money....we are "short" for Trisha's care. My care has been primarily financed through VA and my service connected disability. I have applied to make the cancer one of my SC disabilities which means that this illness will take precedence over other illnesses I have.

Come to find out, spending 20 years in the Army was a really goooooood thing.

Thank you everyone for the contributions. It will go a long way in ensuring Trisha gets the Kidney she needs to live.

Now it's time for one of those morphine "naps".
OK - here is where the moneys have been sent for the Transplant and medical/non-medical support
Main Fund HQ out of:
Granny Trisha Kidney Fund #4156
Washington Employees Credit Union
575 Trosper Rd SW Stte 104
Tumwater, WA 98512

GoFundMe

Paypal.me

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Mon May 22, 2017 6:32 pm

Great report. Hang in there, Sue and Granny Trisha!

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Mon May 22, 2017 9:12 pm

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:Great report. Hang in there, Sue and Granny Trisha!
It is a great pleasure to hear from you SueDB! :bighug:

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Mon May 22, 2017 9:20 pm

THERE IS SOMETHING WE CAN DO TO HELP!

Donate:

GoFundMe

Paypal.me

SueDB

Post by SueDB » Mon May 22, 2017 11:42 pm

RVInit wrote:Ok, I used Patricia's paypal. It should be instant. :grouphug:
And it was --- Thank you very much for a very very prompt donation...

SueDB

Post by SueDB » Mon May 22, 2017 11:48 pm

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:Great report. Hang in there, Sue and Granny Trisha!
Thanks it's easy when it really did happen.

WCramp_STAT.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SueDB

Post by SueDB » Mon May 22, 2017 11:52 pm

SueDBjr-SueDBGDau-SueDBSr.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SueDB

Post by SueDB » Tue May 23, 2017 12:02 am

ASueDBSrChemo.jpg

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Tue May 23, 2017 12:09 am

SueDB wrote:ASueDBSrChemo.jpg
That's a great look, actually. Hair is overrated.

I loved the picture of three generations of handsome SueDB's. Made my evening.

Thanks for the cheer!

SueDB

Post by SueDB » Tue May 23, 2017 12:52 am

NMgirl wrote:

Thanks for the cheer!
Funny thing though - it wasn't the top of my head where I started to lose and so far have lost the most hair...... I'll leave to your imagination.

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Tue May 23, 2017 4:42 am

TMI

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Tue May 23, 2017 6:21 am

NMgirl wrote:

Thanks for the cheer!
Ditto. That photo is special.

--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Return to “Science & Technology”