Depression and other emotional illnesses

mimi

Post by mimi » Thu May 08, 2014 10:45 am

Good to see you smiling. :hug:

realist

Post by realist » Thu May 08, 2014 11:17 am

Hey y'all :)Doing better, to say the least. The darkness has lifted, mainly due to one person, who I will hopefully be able to meet in person this summer. He lives in Seattle, and we've been talking online and in skype for a bit over a year. He works for the TSA, so a background check has been done and apparently it was good enough for him to be hired. Ex-Navy (10 years). All around good person and he makes me happy and makes me smile. And he says I do the same for him. So, here's hoping I can save enough pennies to make it out to Seattle sometime in August or September. Maybe I should start a GoFundMe page? (joking on that one) :-bd
ImageX 4 ImageX36

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu May 08, 2014 12:48 pm

You deserve only happiness, Jez. I'm serious. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Every locked door has a key. - Emika Chen

June bug

Post by June bug » Thu May 08, 2014 1:34 pm

I'm so happy that you're feeling better, Jez. Foggy's absolutely right on the button - You deserve it! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Jez

Re: Depression and other emotional illnesses

Post by Jez » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:47 am

Today is Christmas.
Doesn't feel like it.
I am tired of being in pain. I am tired of being g broke. I am tired of being alone in a world full of people. I am very sick and tired of the brainless twit in the White House.
This perfect storm of events, including a very deep sense of missing my mother has made today a very tough day. I have been crying most of the morning. I come here because I know y'all will listen and not judge.
I just want a day where my body doesn't hurt. A day where things seem to go right.
I want to save money and not be on the edge all the time.
That is what this move was supposed to do, help me save some money. Not quite working out that way.
Dawn was very great to open her home to me, give me a warm comfortable place to live. But I have been paying out almost twice what we agreed on. But we need groceries. The water and electric need to be paid. I buy a majority of the food and stuff for the house. Ends up being around 400$ a month. I pay her 200$ a week on top of that just so she can pay her bills. That is about 800$ a month, depending on the mber of Fridays in a month.

I am just venting and trying to figure out where to go from here.
Thanks for listening.
I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

~Khalil Gibran

MsDaisy

Post by MsDaisy » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:02 pm

Jez wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:47 am
Today is Christmas.
:snippity:
Thanks for listening.
:grouphug:

I found you some pretty flowers to make you smile!
Flowers.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Birfers are toast

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:18 pm

Jez wrote:

Dawn was very great to open her home to me, give me a warm comfortable place to live. But I have been paying out almost twice what we agreed on. But we need groceries. The water and electric need to be paid. I buy a majority of the food and stuff for the house. Ends up being around 400$ a month. I pay her 200$ a week on top of that just so she can pay her bills.
Alright. What I'm going to say is harsh, but it needs to be said.

You dont have to pay Dawns bills. In factm her expecting you to is exploititive.

Its unfair. Its making you unhappy. And you do not, NOT have to do it.

If she cannot make her bills it is NOT your problem. Its HER problem.

Unlil you face up to that, you will be unhappy.

What you are feeling is not wrong. It does not make you weak. It is not mistaken.

YOU have to sit Dawn down and tell your you cannot keep subsidizing her. I have no idea what her circumstances are. Its not your problem. You cannot make it your problem, as you have enough to deal with. If you keep trying you will break.

Your FIRST responsibility is to yourself, and any duty to other people ends when it damages you.
Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:47 pm

:like:
“A black woman can invent something for the benefit of humankind.” -Bessie Blount-Griffin, physical therapist, inventor of devices for disabled WWII veterans, and forensic scientist.

stoppingby

Post by stoppingby » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:46 pm

Jez wrote:

Dawn was very great to open her home to me, give me a warm comfortable place to live. But I have been paying out almost twice what we agreed on. But we need groceries. The water and electric need to be paid. I buy a majority of the food and stuff for the house. Ends up being around 400$ a month. I pay her 200$ a week on top of that just so she can pay her bills. That is about 800$ a month, depending on the mber of Fridays in a month.

Thanks for listening.
I hate people who give unsolicited advice, but here goes: I believe you live in Dayton? Paying $800 a month for sharing a home seems really high for the Dayton. This is the midwest, not the east or west coast. You can get a nice apartment for that. Most people who do rent-sharing in a home around where I live (Indiana) pay less than the cost of an apartment. I think its pretty normal to contribute to food and necessities, but you shouldn't be subsidizing her food and necessities. And your share of water and electricity should be included in your $800. If she's not able to make ends meet despite what you're paying, she's got deeper financial problems then just meeting the water bill. I know she's your friend AND your roommate, but I would encourage you to set some financial boundaries.

I'm sorry you had a rough day. Christmas can be such an emotional roller coaster! Hugs to you, and I hope tomorrow is better!

Return to “Science & Technology”