Climate change denial

AuBricker

Climate change denial

Post by AuBricker » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:39 pm

Hi there! :P

ZekeB

Climate change denial

Post by ZekeB » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:42 pm

When I first joined that was Sterngard's "go to" picture.
Vím o prasatech hodně zajímavých věcí.

AuBricker

Climate change denial

Post by AuBricker » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:47 pm

"Everything old is new again" -- except perhaps Sterngard.

RTH10260

Climate change denial

Post by RTH10260 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:32 pm

“Sea-level rise was to be referred to as ‘nuisance flooding.’ ”

Quite. It's a nuissance when one cannot use the car park in the basement, and has to use the kajak to negotiate reception at ground floor.

Sterngard Friegen

Climate change denial

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:36 pm

I do think that Malthus was right but about three hundred years too early. The newest UN projection is that the globe will bear a human population of 11 billion in 2100. That could be the point of inflection of the size of the human population. I don't see a world of 11 billion humans as being within the globe's carrying capacity.But that's why we have chemtrails, Tollie.

RoadScholar

Climate change denial

Post by RoadScholar » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:23 pm

11 billion? Methinks Soylent Green may turn out to be not fiction but prediction.
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.

Whatever4

Climate change denial

Post by Whatever4 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:35 pm

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (R-ME)

vic

Climate change denial

Post by vic » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:47 pm

I have to wait until 2018 to see how they write up a mitigation plan addressing climate change without using the words "climate change"?

:(( :(( -xx

RTH10260

Re: Climate change denial

Post by RTH10260 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:44 pm

Dear friends, it's all over now, go into hiding as long as you can....

BREAKING NEWS: CLIMATE SCARE IS OVER!

as noted by a dear friend of the Fogbowzers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLuBgZ1bgoY

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:01 am

If you cant trust a Goggle Eyed British Upperclass Twit, who can you trust?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSqkdcT25ss
"I think its pretty troubling when a backyard decoration comes out swinging harder against Nazis than the President of the United States." - Stephen Colbert

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:05 pm

Climate scientist Michael Mann, who has received death threats because of his research findings, on why he fears a Trump presidency.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... e8dd2ef773
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:44 pm

OMB Director Mulvaney: Climate Change Research ‘A Waste of Your Money’

Thursday at the White House press briefing while answering questions about President Donald Trump’s “America First Budget,” Office of Management and Budget director Mick Mulvaney called climate change research “a waste of your money” regarding proposed cuts in that area.

Mulvaney said “A couple of different messages, when we talk about science and climate change — let’s deal with them separately. On science, we’re going to focus on the core function. There are reductions in the NIH, National Institutes of Health. Why? Because we think there’s been mission creep, we think there are things outside their core function. We think there’s tremendous opportunity for savings. We recommend a couple of facilities can be combined and there is cost savings from that.”
[liveleak]bf0f2a1fd9af[/liveleak]

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 5 dogs, 2 cats, the neighbor's cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:07 pm

http://www.motherjones.com/environment/ ... -listening
"Many of these people are now in this new administration.” Jan-Otto/iStock
What does a climate change denier wish for when everything seems possible? With Congress and the White House in agreement on the unimportance of science, there's no need to settle for rolling back President Barack Obama’s environmental agenda one regulation at a time. It's time to get the Environmental Protection Agency out of climate change altogether.

To get a sense of what the wish list looks like, the annual conference of the Heartland Institute would be a good place to start. The right-wing think tank that has received funding from ExxonMobil and Koch groups—and is best known for pushing out misinformation on climate change—has sponsored this annual gathering for the last 12 years. This year the theme was "Resetting Climate Policy," reflecting the triumphant and hopeful mood of the conference now that they control the agenda.

The usual ideas floated at the conference have ranged from abolishing the EPA to touting the universal benefits of fossil fuels, but this year one idea in particular dominated the discussions: Climate deniers think they have a chance to reverse the EPA's endangerment finding that formally says greenhouse gasses poses a threat to Americans and their health. That 2009 determination, prompted by a Supreme Court decision in 2007, is the basis for the EPA's regulatory work on climate change.

“We’ve been at this for 33 years. We have a lot of people in our network," Heartland Institute President Joseph Bast tells Mother Jones, "and many of these people are now in this new administration.” Transition staff and new appointees in the Trump administration “occasionally ask us for advice and names of people,” he added.
“I’ve been hooked since my first smell of C-4.” Linda Cox, first female Air Force Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician, first to lead her own unit, go to war, be awarded a Bronze Star, and hold the highest enlisted rank of chief master sergeant.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 5 dogs, 2 cats, the neighbor's cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:40 pm

“I’ve been hooked since my first smell of C-4.” Linda Cox, first female Air Force Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician, first to lead her own unit, go to war, be awarded a Bronze Star, and hold the highest enlisted rank of chief master sergeant.

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:56 pm

Doesn't the Pentagon consider climate change to be a major factor in threat analysis?

Where is the Pentagon going to get its data from if the GOP shuts down climate change tracking systems?

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:06 pm

Chilidog wrote:Doesn't the Pentagon consider climate change to be a major factor in threat analysis?

Where is the Pentagon going to get its data from if the GOP shuts down climate change tracking systems?
The world is aware of climate change, and scientists in developed nations will continue producing the science. The United States under Donald Trump will be a laughingstock.
“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check » Tue May 16, 2017 9:53 am

I subscribe to Potholer54's YouTube channel. His real name is Peter Hadfield. He debunks climate change deniers and Creationist myths with a vengeance.

This is his debunking of the latest fallacy that Greenland's ice cap is growing and not shrinking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEieWJghRNY&t=2s
"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016

Return to “Science & Technology”