Re: YEAH, WE'RE BACK

Post by Lani »

:fiesta: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :bunny:

So happy we're back! All Hail Foggy!
Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

realist

Post by realist »

Reality Check wrote:Some things are broken for now. The home page doesn't work. PM's worked earlier but not now. I don't think you can attach files either. I am sure these will be fixed in due time.
Edit: OK this might explain some of the issues:
OK, I got the site down to just the forum and nothing but the forum. Hosting company scanned and found another 10+ infected files, deleted them, scanned again, this time at least the forum is clean.
Now going to start uploading clean copies of my WordPress sites, hardening them with Sucuri Security and iThemes Security. I can ask hosting company to scan at any time and see what snuck in. This is a really insidious hack, but I came to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of bubble gum.
But you can provide links to documents. I've edited an rpenner post in the Oregon trial thread to provide a Scribd link and a pdf link from Jack Ryan. They both work.
ImageX 4 ImageX36

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl »

Thanks for spending your entire weekend+ working so the rest of us could get our Fogbow Fix today, Foggy.

:bighug:

IRISH

Post by IRISH »

Welcome back indeed

Fortinbras

Post by Fortinbras »

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.

HumbleScribe

Post by HumbleScribe »

Fortinbras wrote:Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.
So sayeth the Occupiers.

Tink

Post by Tink »

Foggy, you have my condolences. Our ecommerce site was hacked like this last year. It took three weeks for our hosting company to get it back up and running. Thank the Lord I have cyber coverage on our business insurance. It covered the hosting company invoice and the lost revenue.

Thank you for all you do. If he you need help covering costs, let us know. We will pitch in.

Somerset

Post by Somerset »

Mikedunford wrote:
GreatGrey wrote:
TollandRCR wrote:Thanks, Foggy. If you had to spend any money to get us out from under Indonesian Intelligent Security, let us know.

I had no idea that Indonesian hackers have come to dominate Chinese and Russian hackers.
Next time I go to Kuala Lumpur I'm gonna ftick fomeone with a pointy fpoon.
:shock: :swoon:
I held off making that comment ;)

Foggy
Occupation: Hayseed from North Cackilacki, Space Cadet, and your benevolent Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

! Message from: Foggy
OMFG, I finally managed to restore the Home Page (i.e., http://thefogbow.com with all our old birther crap) and scanned it with the super-scanner, and THERE IS NO MALWARE ON THIS DOMAIN.

Which took all day because somehow restoring changed the internal version of the database, so I had to learn all about that, get the real version from phpMyAdmin, and then edit a file in the installation to match that version. Pain in the butt, but everything seems to be in working order.

Now I still have a bunch of other websites, and it should be easier. However, I'll still be MIA on Fogbow until I get them all up and running, at least the important ones.

I sincerely apologize for the outage this weekend. Good thing I went to WordCamp Raleigh the weekend before and learned how sucky my previous security add-on for WordPress was. I have two new security add-ons that are more effective, and I'll be installing those on every website I restore, because apparently if they're able to hack one site, they're in my whole server.

Ya know, if you hack a major corporation with an IT security team, or a site run by the federal government, you can brag about it. But you can't brag about hacking my server. On the scale of conquests, you conquered an anthill.

Dammit. :madguy:
We don't know what we don't know.

(Fogbow on PayPal)

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :sterngard: :happydance: :happydance:

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR »

Slim Cognito wrote:I've got a private message i can't access. Is it something that can be posted here?
I ran Malwarebytes and Norton 360 yesterday and will do so (automatically) again this evening.
“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

PNW wrote:I really missed TFB. I appreciated it already, but after not having it for a few days, I appreciate it even more.

I hope there is really "No such thing as a stupid question." Because I am going to ask one that probably comes close...

If we attempted to visit TFB while the hacker's screen was posted, are we in any danger of our own computing device (desktop, phone, etc.) being compromised?
From a very quick and short search on the internet after TFB went down, the guys fun is to take down insufficiently protected Wordpress sites and wreak a bit havoc on signons and the like. Nothing indicated that the hack is used to drop malware. At first look it does neither seem that passwords are getting harvested, but I could be wrong. Looks more like the guy want's to annoy with some politial message, but I don't speak whatever language was blasting along, sorry.

Plutodog

Post by Plutodog »

Did we decide BA was only chortling, not involved?
The only good Bundy is an Al Bundy.

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Foggy - we SO appreciate you :bighug:

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

:notworthy:
MAGA - Morons Are Governing America

stoppingby

Post by stoppingby »

Oh, Thank God! I was dying this weekend without my Fogbow fix! Thank you Foggy, for everything you did to get the site back up!

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

It appears the PM's aren't working yet. I don't know about attachments. Glad the site is clean again.
"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB »

Fogmeister teased me by putting up the main page Sunday morning. I tried to click to the forums from there and it was a no go. I had faith. Our finest kind webmaster can conquer all.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

thank you!

Missed you and my heart sank when I saw the hack.

Glad it is back up!!!!!!!!!

P.K.
Location: Second star to the right, and straight on till morning.

Post by P.K. »

Lani wrote::fiesta: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :bunny:

So happy we're back! All Hail Foggy!
:yeah:
IANALBIPOOTV - I am not a lawyer, but I've played one on TV. In fact, IANA (fill in the blank) but chances are I've played one on TV.

optimusprime

Post by optimusprime »

Plutodog wrote:
Reality Check wrote:I assume Foggy is busy getting all of his websites back up. After all Fogbow is a only a hobby for him. His other websites are business. I really appreciate him doing the daily work of backups and maintenance on the forum that have to be done. The fact that it was restored in good shape is proof his efforts are worth it.
Amen. Foggy da man!
:dance:
I agree, and I am glad we are back!

Now, let me check the ncfreeforum.com ....

PNW

Post by PNW »

ZekeB wrote:
PNW wrote:If we attempted to visit TFB while the hacker's screen was posted, are we in any danger of our own computing device (desktop, phone, etc.) being compromised?
Nothing is certain, but I kept checking over and over and neither my AV nor my anti malware programs made a peep. Usually they are overly protective.
RTH10260 wrote: From a very quick and short search on the internet after TFB went down, the guys fun is to take down insufficiently protected Wordpress sites and wreak a bit havoc on signons and the like. Nothing indicated that the hack is used to drop malware. At first look it does neither seem that passwords are getting harvested, but I could be wrong. Looks more like the guy want's to annoy with some politial message, but I don't speak whatever language was blasting along, sorry.
Zeke and RTH, thank you for the information!

ElaineSoCal

Post by ElaineSoCal »

I'm chiming in with everyone else to say "Thank you, Foggy!" Your hard work for us is much appreciated!

Now I can stop reading old NTSB accident reports and get back to The Fogbow.
:mbounce:

The Kenosha Kid

Post by The Kenosha Kid »

I've got five bucks that says David Fry was the hacker!

:boxing:

Plutodog

Post by Plutodog »

And back up again after about 5 hours. Whew! :pray:
The only good Bundy is an Al Bundy.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Plutodog wrote:And back up again after about 5 hours. Whew! :pray:
:bunny:
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”