Adobe Flash

Sugar Magnolia

Adobe Flash

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

I'm getting a box with this whenever I try to play a video.
Adobe Flash Player Settings
Local Storage
Allow edge.liveleak.com to store information on your computer?
It also has 'allow' and 'deny' buttons, but no matter what I do, it stays. Any idea how to get rid of it?
I don't usually ever even try to look at a liveleak video anyway because 99 times out of 100 I get a 503 error, but the NOLA clip looked interesting.

Whatever4

Re: Adobe Flash

Post by Whatever4 »

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Sugar Magnolia wrote:I'm getting a box with this whenever I try to play a video.
Adobe Flash Player Settings
Local Storage
Allow edge.liveleak.com to store information on your computer?
It also has 'allow' and 'deny' buttons, but no matter what I do, it stays. Any idea how to get rid of it?
I don't usually ever even try to look at a liveleak video anyway because 99 times out of 100 I get a 503 error, but the NOLA clip looked interesting.
IIRC the edge.liveleak.com is their content distribution network, likely operated by some third party.

As for the 503, I sometimes get to see it too on my Android tablet. Most times refreshing the browser window will cure the issue.

Addie

Post by Addie »

Man, I hope this doesn't screw up my video streaming.

9to5Google
Chrome 55 rolling out to Mac, Windows, and Linux, kills Flash by defaulting to HTML5

Over the past year, Google Chrome has been implementing a multi-phase plan to de-emphasize Adobe Flash. Rolling out now to Mac, Windows, and Linux, Chrome 55 will take the major step of defaulting to HTML5 on the majority of sites.

In September with version 53, Chrome blocked Flash-based page analytics and other background elements. A version later Chrome began rewriting embedded YouTube Flash players to use HTML5. Taken together these changes improve security, reduce power consumption, and lead to faster load times.

Chrome 55 takes the larger and more user-facing step of defaulting to HTML5. Sites that only support Flash are exempted, as are the top 10 sites on the web for a year:
YouTube.com, Facebook.com, Yahoo.com, VK.com, Live.com, Yandex.ru, OK.ru, Twitch.tv, Amazon.com, and Mail.ru.
On all other sites, users will be prompted to enable Flash the first time they visit. Besides a better overall web experience for all, the hope is that this change will pressure publishers to convert over so that users don’t have to make that decision.
Don't do stupid shit. -Barack Obama

Return to “Computers & Internet”