Fox News, Newsmax, OAN, and other TV purveyors of fake news

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Unfortunately, that is just a brief snippet of mom's call-in.. I'd love to hear the full segment.

:popcorn:
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

neonzx wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:17 am Unfortunately, that is just a brief snippet of mom's call-in.. I'd love to hear the full segment.

What makes you think that was only a snippet of his mom's call?
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

sugar magnolia wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:38 am
neonzx wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:17 am Unfortunately, that is just a brief snippet of mom's call-in.. I'd love to hear the full segment.

What makes you think that was only a snippet of his mom's call?
Well it seems like an abrupt cut mid-conversation. He didn't say goodbye to his mom?
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Just lots of I-love-yous and something about him coming for dinner.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

sugar magnolia wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:53 am Just lots of I-love-yous and something about him coming for dinner.
I note there are several youtube items of Jesse with his mom on air over the years. I think they have all been staged stunts. Might not even be his actual mom, who knows? Doesn't matter.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Oh noes!
Chyron: LIB CITIES RESORTING TO CHAINING YOUR ICE CREAM
The Intellectualist @highbrow_nobrow wrote: 👹Fox has poisoned this nation against itself, all because Rupert Murdoch wants to be a wealthier billionaire.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

background:
San Francisco Walgreens NOW resorts to CHAINING freezers to stop shoplifters in crime-riddled city swiping pizza and ice cream 20 times a day - as another branch completely boards up its windows

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... s-day.html
NYC Walgreens store keeping ice cream in chained freezer, locking up candy amid ongoing shoplifting frenzy

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/n ... ing-frenzy
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/free- ... f5f0&ei=10
Former Fox News host Geraldo Rivera celebrated his “liberation” from Fox New by airing his complaints in a CNN interview and quoting Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.: “Free at last!”

Rivera just recently ended his relationship with Fox News in what he has characterized as a long-running conflict over his treatment by other talent on The Five, the program he co-hosted with Greg Gutfeld, among others. Since leaving, he’s been on something of a media tour to dish about his departure.

On Tuesday night’s edition of CNN Tonight, anchor Alisyn Camerota hosted Rivera for a lengthy interview that included his exit from Fox, and a little bit of reminiscing about their shared history at the network:
Video at the link.
raison de arizona

I skip late dinners, they give me a tummy ache and keep me up at night. Maybe the dress shoes were making his feet hurt, they often do mine. Who cares? Also, who cares which stairs he uses? Seriously, this is what passes for news alerts on Fox? Also they misspelled accommodations.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Maybe he is a fan of the 10th Doctor, who wore a suit and Sneakers.
Hic sunt dracones
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

DuhSantis wears high heeled cowboy boots which looks dumb, even in Texas unless it’s a western style suit.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Fox News bending over backward to be offended.

https://bird.makeup/users/ronfilipkowsk ... 7569374208
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Fox bending over backwards to be worse than desantis
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 2:22 pm DuhSantis wears high heeled cowboy boots which looks dumb, even in Texas unless it’s a western style suit.
Disagree.

I mean, lots of stuff looks silly in Texas just because they take them to extreme lengths.

But cowboy boots with suits look just fine, better than sneakers anyway. I used to wear boots with a suit and tie when I went to work in Tucson. Stewart Boots. Handmade in South Tucson to fit my feet perfectly, finest Cowboy boots in the world. I've still got a pair, but they were unfortunately made up from a 'factory seconds' upper and it was a tad too small, so I don't wear them very often anymore. The suit pants were 'boot cut' so they didn't look strange over the boot.

And Petrocelli used to wear a three-piece suit with boots in 100-degree weather in Tucson. :roll:

And about that phrase "high-heeled Cowboy boots" you used - is that a redundancy like "ass-less chaps"?
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I agree with Kieth. While DeSantis drew mockery to his footwear by wearing those white boots that time, normally cowboy boots look fine on people and there's nothing wrong with platform boots. I used to wear my mothers platforms when I was small and her shoes fit me, and I loved them.

I couldn't wear them now though, too tall. :D
Hic sunt dracones
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

How right-wing news powers the 'gold IRA' industry

Jeremy B. Merrill and Hanna Kozlowska, (c) 2023, The Washington Post
Tue, July 25, 2023 at 2:38 PM GMT+2

Dedicated viewers of Fox News are likely familiar with Lear Capital, a Los Angeles company that sells gold and silver coins. In recent years, the company's ads have been a constant presence on Fox airwaves, warning viewers to protect their retirement savings from a looming "pension crisis" and "dollar collapse."

One such ad caught the attention of Terry White, a disabled retiree from New York. In 2018, White invested $174,000 in the coins, according to a lawsuit by the New York attorney general - only to later learn that Lear charged a 33 percent commission.

Over several transactions, White, 70, lost nearly $80,000, putting an "enormous strain" on his finances, said his wife, Jeanne, who blames Fox for their predicament: "They're negligent," she said. A regretful White said he thought Fox "wouldn't take a commercial like that unless it was legitimate."

While the legitimacy of the gold retirement investment industry is the subject of numerous lawsuits - including allegations of fraud by federal and state regulators against Lear and other companies - its advertising has become a mainstay of right-wing media. The industry spends millions of dollars a year to reach viewers of Fox, Newsmax and other conservative outlets, according to a Washington Post analysis of ad data and financial records, as well as interviews with industry insiders. Former Fox News host Bill O'Reilly and former New York mayor Rudy Giuliani have promoted the coins, while ads for Lear's competitors have appeared on a podcast hosted by Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.) and Newsmax broadcasts of former president Donald Trump's political rallies.

An analysis by The Post of political newsletters, social media, podcasts and a national database of television ads collected by the company AdImpact found that pitches to invest in gold coins are a daily presence in media that caters to a right-wing audience and often echo conservative talking points about looming economic and societal collapse. The Post found no similar ads for gold retirement investments in mainstream or left-wing media sources in the databases.

These so-called "gold IRA" companies are not publicly traded, so their revenue, profits and ad budgets largely cannot be determined. Court documents filed by Lear say the company has about $200 million in annual revenue; Dale Whitaker, the former chief financial officer at another company, Augusta Precious Metals, said overall industry revenue likely approaches $1 billion a year.

Over the past decade, more than 30 customers in 20 states have sued a dozen gold IRA companies, including Lear. Federal regulators have sued four companies - two in the past year alone - claiming investors were systematically charged as much as triple the coins' value.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/wing ... 00659.html
(original: WaPo)
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

"The Post found no similar ads for gold retirement investments in mainstream or left-wing media sources in the databases."

Why waste ad money where the proportion of gullible insecure fools is way less.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

The Left wing does not have the mythology of the Gold Standard being great as a background. I'm sure they have other mythologies others make coin off, like Vegan alternatives and "Health food" shops.
Hic sunt dracones
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Vegans neither drop $170K into organic vitamins at one time, nor do they consider kale a safe harbor for their life savings. :lol:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Remember all the cry me a river over Pete Buttigieg taking maternity leave? Well, it came up on F&F this morning via Steve Doocy that son Pete is on maternity leave for another two weeks. We really do need an irony emoji for this thread.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fox-s ... 0305&ei=10
Fox News staffers were revolted by a comment Greg Gutfeld made to colleague Jessica Tarlov about the Holocaust in defense of the controversial new Florida slavery curriculum — at least, anonymously they were.

Tarlov and her co-hosts debated the newly-approved Florida curriculum on Black history — which includes teaching that “slaves developed skills which, in some instances, could be applied for their personal benefit” — on Monday’s edition of Fox News Channel’s The Five.
:snippity:
Baragona rounded up some of the public fallout but also included these choice cuts from anonymous Fox employees, including a producer:

“Obviously, it is a disgusting thing to say, same with Jesse’s remarks on the matter,” one Fox News producer said. “Just generally speaking, I’m amazed that FOX has any ability to retain employees from multicultural backgrounds. Our workplace is shockingly diverse given the vitriol that often makes it to the air. Understand that they’re likely here for the same reasons I am, these jobs are scarce, but I can’t help but feel awful for them because they undoubtedly see this nonsense and can’t do anything to stop it.”

Another reporter merely told The Daily Beast “yikes” when asked to react to Gutfeld’s remarks, while a network insider suggested there was a “lot of internal worry” about the host’s latest controversy, especially since he just recently made the move to primetime.

“At any other place, his career would be over,” the insider added.
:snippity:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I'm gonna make a rare double issue about that Gold article in the Washington Post.

One thing you learn if you read the whole thing is that there are at any given time 2-3 major companies in the "industry" and that they are all founded and staffed by people who worked for the old companies before them that have closed because they were frauds. It's a serial grift industry.

And we probably all know someone who has fallen victim to it. I have had more than a few relatives ask me about it and about when not if, when are we going to go back on the gold standard. :brickwallsmall:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Gregg wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:08 pm I'm gonna make a rare double issue about that Gold article in the Washington Post.

One thing you learn if you read the whole thing is that there are at any given time 2-3 major companies in the "industry" and that they are all founded and staffed by people who worked for the old companies before them that have closed because they were frauds. It's a serial grift industry.

And we probably all know someone who has fallen victim to it. I have had more than a few relatives ask me about it and about when not if, when are we going to go back on the gold standard. :brickwallsmall:
Bobby Axelrod from the show Billions:

"The gold standard is never coming back. And if it did, this world would be so f*****d, I’d buy space travel, not gold."
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
raison de arizona

In the course of supporting Florida's position that Blacks benefited from slavery, Gutfeld goes there with the Holocaust as well. :mad:
Decoding Fox News @DecodingFoxNews wrote: Greg Gutfeld downplayed the horrors of the Holocaust by paraphrasing Viktor Frankl. "Jews survived by being useful." Gutfeld leaves out that millions died in concentration camps the day they got off the trains. Gutfeld said this to his Jewish co-worker Jessica Tarlov.
raison de arizona

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:52 pm In the course of supporting Florida's position that Blacks benefited from slavery, Gutfeld goes there with the Holocaust as well. :mad:
https://twitter.com/DecodingFoxNews/sta ... 08705?s=20
Decoding Fox News @DecodingFoxNews wrote: Greg Gutfeld downplayed the horrors of the Holocaust by paraphrasing Viktor Frankl. "Jews survived by being useful." Gutfeld leaves out that millions died in concentration camps the day they got off the trains. Gutfeld said this to his Jewish co-worker Jessica Tarlov.
Blowback continues. Not that anyone at Fox cares.
Auschwitz Memorial @AuschwitzMuseum wrote: While it is true that some Jews may have used their skills or usefulness to increase their chances of survival during the Holocaust, it is essential to contextualize this statement properly and understand that it does not represent the complex history of the genocide perpetrated by Nazi Germany.

Viktor Frankl's observation about the specific situation in Auschwitz, which at some point became a camp that connected the functions of a concentration camp and extermination center and where deported Jews went through the selection process, highlights how some Jews became registered prisoners and might have used their skills to gain favor or prolong their lives in that particular setting. Yet, it never gave them complete protection.

However, we must not overlook the larger picture of the Holocaust. Nazi Germany's ultimate goal was to exterminate all the people it considered Jews (Nazis created their racial definition of a Jewish person). Millions of Jews were brutally murdered in execution sites, mainly across the east of occupied Europe, with entire communities wiped out regardless of their usefulness or contributions to society. While some of the ghettos seemed to have the goal of being productive and Jews were used as slave labor there, being "useful" did not guarantee safety, as the Nazis eventually decided to liquidate them, leading to the murder of those considered valuable as well.

There were no selections in extermination camps, such as Treblinka or Sobibor, and almost all deported Jews were murdered upon arrival, irrespective of any perceived usefulness. Being skilled or useful did not spare them from the horrors of the gas chambers.

Furthermore, during the final stages of the Holocaust, as the Nazi system was collapsing, concentration camp prisoners were evacuated to shrinking camp systems, resulting in the death of many. In these circumstances, being useful did not offer protection either.

Therefore, while it is accurate to acknowledge that some Jews may have survived temporarily due to their perceived usefulness, it is crucial to remember that the Holocaust was a systematic genocide with the ultimate aim of exterminating the entire Jewish population. It would be more appropriate to say that some Jews survived the Holocaust because they were considered temporarily useful, and the circumstances of the Nazi regime's collapse prevented their murder. We should avoid such oversimplifications in talking about this complex tragic story.

@greggutfeld

@FoxNews
https://twitter.com/AuschwitzMuseum/sta ... 0448411649
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Way too many shades of gray for Guttfeld.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler

Return to “Current Politics”