Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

RNC Co-Chairs Michael Whatley & Lara Trump

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly

Who wil be the next RNC chair?

Mike Lindell
39%
Kevin McCarthy
11%
Michael Whatley
50%
Scott Presler
No votes

Total votes: 18

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

RNC Co-Chairs Michael Whatley & Lara Trump

Post by raison de arizona »

Who will be the next RNC Chair?
vote vote vote
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

The next RNC Chair

https://x.com/mattgaetz/status/1755063466027532308?s=20
Matt Gaetz @mattgaetz wrote: I fully endorse Kevin McCarthy for RNC Chair. Kevin is well organized and a very high-revenue fundraiser. He will also be well-liked by the RNC Committee.

The RNC Chair doesn’t make any policy decisions, set any agenda, or negotiate against Democrats, ever.

Kevin would be terrific.
Show more
The Calvin Coolidge Project @TheCalvinCooli1 wrote: 🚨New: Sources familiar with the RNC tell me that Kevin McCarthy is a dark horse candidate choice to replace Ronna McDaniel as RNC Chairman due to his fundraising abilities.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

But does McCarthy want it? Or will he turn his attention to punditry and other financial opportunities like Paul Ryan? I don’t know, but if I’d been treated the way he had been treated, I’d say screw them all.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

It's unclear if Ronna is stepping down :o MAGA will explode if she's still there. What a shame.

Ronna McDaniel assures RNC members she's 'hard at work' after questions about her future
The chairwoman of the Republican National Committee said she's not getting "distracted by the outside noise" as Trump has publicly said he's looking for change there
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-e ... rcna137771

And

Trump campaign plans its takeover of the Republican National Committee
Under one scenario, Ronna McDaniel would resign. Under another, she'd remain at the RNC, albeit in a weakened position.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald ... rcna137516

MAGA is going WILD about replacing Ronna. Many are pushing Scott Presler (see our Big Gay topic for deets about the Craigslist photo release of his gay sex in an RNC-funded office in VA) and there's huge support for our favorite guy, Mike Lindell! This is up to 126 likes (and MAGAs are following me, they haven't looked at my profile :lol: ) and 32 shares. Thankfully, most Democrats are seeing it as parody this time.

Lindell RNC 7.JPG
Lindell RNC 7.JPG (136.62 KiB) Viewed 888 times

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
raison de arizona

Likely frontrunner for RNC chair parroted Trump’s 2020 election lies

Former President Donald Trump and his allies are pushing to replace the chair of the Republican National Committee with North Carolina’s party leader who promoted 2020 presidential election lies and supported using the courts to overturn the results.

Michael Whatley, the chairman of the North Carolina Republican Party, shared false claims that Republican observers were prevented from accessing polling locations and repeatedly said Democratic cities in swing states were engaged in “massive fraud,” a CNN KFile review of Whatley’s comments following the election found.

Whatley, who has since acknowledged Joe Biden is the country’s legitimate president, currently serves as general counsel at the RNC overseeing litigation and what the organization calls its “election integrity” efforts.

His elevation to RNC chair could give Trump a loyalist more willing to devote resources to pursue future voter fraud claims in court should they arise. One reason why Trump soured on Ronna McDaniel, the current chair, was his perception she should have done more to fight for his candidacy in 2020, CNN reported.
:snippity:
https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/09/politics ... index.html
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

I vote for whomever has the most brown on their nose, with some orange shading.
101010 :towel:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Ew.
much ado

Post by much ado »

Foggy wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:42 pmEw.
Yeah, that paints a rather unpleasant mental image, dunnit?
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

Why hide it, just let Vlad have it.
raison de arizona

John Thomas8 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:06 pm Why hide it, just let Vlad have it.
Nah, he holds a position of REAL power.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

raison de arizona wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:11 pm
John Thomas8 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:06 pm Why hide it, just let Vlad have it.
Nah, he holds a position of REAL power.
I mean, this would be a way for the RNC to run the candidates, rather than the other way around.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
raison de arizona

And here comes Lara Trump...
Republicans against Trump @RpsAgainstTrump wrote: NEW

Donald Trump is seriously considering endorsing his daughter-in-law, Lara Trump, to be the co-chair of the RNC, the NYT reports.

Do it!
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

When Ivanka was able to take the seat for him at international conferences, shirley Lara can be leader of the RNC, it's family tradition :twisted:
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Josh Dawsey
@jdawsey1

Trump says in a statement that he supports Michael Whatley, chair of NC GOP, to lead RNC. And he wants his daughter-in-law Lara Trump to be the co-chair, and a top aide, Chris LaCivita, to be the chief operating officer.
Personally, I liked Marc Elias' follow-up advice -

Marc E. Elias
@marceelias

If I were an officer of the RNC, I would insist on a D&O insurance policy with very high limits. If I were a staffer, I would insist on full indemnification for fines, penalties and legal fees.

Just some friendly advice...
Note - D&O insurance is Directors and Officers insurance. For anything the Trump family is involved in, that sounds like good advice!
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

So DJT intends to run the GQP like a T business, and we all know how that ends. Does he take the fast track to end this chapter with Chapter 11 by the end of this year :?:
raison de arizona

tfg wrote: Statement by Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the United States
February 12, 2024

Mar-a-Lago, FL — Today, President Trump released the following statement announcing his endorsement of a slate of new leaders at the Republican National Committee:

The RNC MUST be a good partner in the Presidential election. It must do the work we expect from the national Party and do it flawlessly. That means helping to ensure fair and transparent elections across the country, getting out the vote everywhere – even in parts of the country where it won’t be easy – and working with my campaign, as the Republican presumptive nominee for President, to win this election and MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

For these reasons, I think my friend Michael Whatley should be the RNC’s next leader. Michael has been with me from the beginning, has done a great job in his home state of North Carolina, and is committed to election integrity, which we must have to keep fraud out of our election so it can’t be stolen.

My very talented daughter-in-law, Lara Trump, has agreed to run as the RNC Co-Chair. Lara is an extremely talented communicator and is dedicated to all that MAGA stands for. She has told me she wants to accept this challenge and would be GREAT!

I have also asked Chris LaCivita, in whom I have full confidence, to assume the role of, in effect, Chief Operating Officer of the Committee. Chris will manage the RNC’s day-to-day operations so it will become a fighting machine for 2024 and use all the tools available to win for the American people.

This group of three is highly talented, battle-tested, and smart. They have my complete and total endorsement to lead the Republican National Committee.

Every penny will be used properly. New Day.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I wonder who wrote that.
Hic sunt dracones
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:22 pm
tfg wrote: Statement by Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the United States
February 12, 2024

:snippity:

Every penny will be used properly. New Day.
I'm pretty sure "Every penny will be used properly" means, for Trump, that every penny will be spent on him.
raison de arizona

Well not ALL of it.

Some of it will undoubtedly be spent on Melania’s hairdresser.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

I want Lindell and Lara to be Co chairs
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Dr. Ken wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:12 pm I want Lindell and Lara to be Co chairs
YEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

That would be fun...for us.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

RNC circulates resolutions that would slow Trump takeover of party and committee

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/24/politics ... index.html
The first resolution would ensure that the RNC and its leadership maintain neutrality “and not take on additional staff from any of the Presidential campaigns until a nominee is clearly determined by reaching 1,215 delegates.”

Trump is closing in on the Republican presidential nomination, having dominated the early-voting contests so far this year. Campaign officials said in a recent memo that their calculations show the former president poised to earn enough delegates to become the Republican nominee by March 19 at the latest.

Trump said earlier this month that he planned to install senior adviser Chris LaCivita as chief operating officer of the RNC. He also publicly endorsed North Carolina GOP chair Michael Whatley for RNC chairman earlier this month, alongside Lara Trump, the former president’s daughter-in-law, as co-chair of the RNC.

Whatley is the heavy favorite to succeed current RNC Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel, who has offered to step down after Saturday’s South Carolina Republican primary.

When Nikki Haley, Trump’s last remaining major rival in the GOP primary, was asked Saturday who she would want to be the RNC chair if McDaniel steps down, she quipped that it wouldn’t be a family member.

“It wouldn’t be the family member of a candidate,” the former South Carolina governor said. “It wouldn’t be someone who says that all the money is gonna go to Donald Trump when I know that $50 million of campaign contributions went to legal fees last year.”

Two of Trump’s political action committees spent more than $50 million of contributors’ money on legal expenses last year, according to Federal Election Commission records.

The second resolution circulating within the RNC would bar the committee from paying the legal bills of “either former president Donald Trump or former Ambassador Nikki Haley unrelated to this 2024 Presidential election.”

Henry Barbour, a Republican national committeeman from Mississippi, sponsored both resolutions, according to multiple sources familiar with the matter.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

RNC elects Michael Whatley, Lara Trump as new leaders

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... press.coop
The Republican National Committee (RNC) on Friday officially voted to make Michael Whatley and Lara Trump its new chair and co-chair, cementing former President Trump’s remaking of RNC leadership as he sets his sights on November.

RNC officials gathered in Houston for the group’s leadership meetings, where they agreed to replace outgoing chairwoman Ronna McDaniel, who resigned amid discord with Trump during the primary process.

Whatley, who has served as chairman of the North Carolina GOP and RNC general counsel, is a Trump loyalist who has echoed the former president’s rhetoric about “election integrity” in the wake of the 2020 election, which Trump has falsely claimed was fraudulent and stolen.

In a 2021 appearance at the Conservative Political Action Conference panel on “protecting elections,” Whatley spoke at length about his efforts to recruit hundreds of attorneys and volunteer poll watchers in North Carolina. He has also spoken skeptically about mail-in and absentee voting unless they are paired with voter ID requirements.

Trump would likely exert pressure on the RNC to pursue legal challenges if November’s election doesn’t go his way, just as he did in 2020.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona

Lindell got robbed!

Return to “Current Politics”