My house is haunted

MsDaisy

My house is haunted

Post by MsDaisy »

I know it’s crazy to say stuffs like that, but it’s true. My house is 200 years old and I hear footsteps walking the hall upstairs and slamming doors when no one is up there. I hear exterior doors open, someone come in and the door closes but no one is there. And once when MrDaisy, who thinks I’m crazy, was working on his computer with his guitar standing in a stand next to his desk and suddenly a single string plucked on it he called out to me, “Daisy, I think your ghost is playing my guitar” (British accent applied of course).

Every single time you go into the new kitchen in this house all, or most of the cupboard doors are open. You can close them, but they won’t stay closed.

AND during a recent renovation (in the spring) we discovered a trove of “concealed shoes” and other artifacts stuffed in the celling and the walls.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concealed_shoes

I had never heard of such a thing but here is a photo of some of the ones we found sealed in the celling during the renovation.
IMG_9288.jpg
Today is my granddaughter’s 1st birthday and since I had my grandkids today (I watch them Monday, Wednesday and Fridays) we had a bit of birthday do for her, even though her official party will be Sunday. I had a helium birthday balloon for her tied to an anchor so it wouldn’t fly away. After they’d gone I noticed my grandson, (the big brother) who’d been dragging that balloon around all day had left it out in what was the old kitchen where the renovation earlier this year took place.

From the old kitchen there is one step up into the dining room and the dinning room leads to the new kitchen at the other end, and then on to the rest of the house. I just went out there and the balloon that had been just a short time before out in the old kitchen had made it’s way up the step and across the dinning room and was standing in the dinning room just outside the new kitchen door. And I’m here all alone except for the 3 & 4 legged family members, and I’m pretty sure it wasn’t any of them.

I put that fucking balloon outside and shut the door. I swear this house is haunted, or maybe I'm just nutz.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Birfers are toast
TollandRCR

Re: My house is haunted

Post by TollandRCR »

No reactions from the four-legged members of the family?
“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut
gupwalla

Post by gupwalla »

MsDaisy wrote:I put that fucking balloon outside and shut the door. I swear this house is haunted, or maybe I'm just nutz.
Do not ascribe to the supernatural (or to mental condition, for that matter) what can be explained by the triple forces of entropy, gravity, and HVAC.
In a wilderness of mirrors, what will the spider do beyond the circuit of the shuddering Bear in fractured atoms? -TS Eliot (somewhat modified)

All warfare is based on deception. - Sun Tzu
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

MsDaisy, that is quite a story. Spooky, spooky stuff. And those shoes! :lol:

My ex and I used to joke that we lived in a haunted house. We had a bedroom that had a door that would open seemingly by itself. Even if we closed it and pulled on the handle, we would go out into the living room and an hour or so later the door would creak open. I think there was a natural explanation but I think my husband thought we had a "friendly" ghost. Nothing scary ever happened, just the door would open.
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage
MsDaisy

Post by MsDaisy »

gupwalla wrote:
MsDaisy wrote:I put that fucking balloon outside and shut the door. I swear this house is haunted, or maybe I'm just nutz.
Do not ascribe to the supernatural (or to mental condition, for that matter) what can be explained by the triple forces of entropy, gravity, and HVAC.
I don't actually ascribe to the supernatural either, never have, and we do have 4 heat pumps in this house, due to configuration, but currently due to wonderful late season temps none of them are actually turned on and we do have windows open.
Birfers are toast
Lani

Post by Lani »

I lived in one in Australia. It was built in the late 1890's - early 1900's as a butcher shop in front with a small family living area in the back of the building. Around the WWI years, it was converted into a single family residence.

When you entered from the front door, there was a hallway with a bedroom off to the right and left. The hallway ended at the kitchen on the right and another bedroom on the left. Weird. So I began remodeling. The bedroom off the kitchen was to be opened up so there was one biggish open area for kitchen, dining, sitting room.

There was some weirdness initially. The worst was that my little toddler refused to enter the 3rd bedroom. Closed the door if it was open. It was supposed to be his room, but if I tried to put him in bed while he was napping, he screamed and screamed bloody murder and tried to pull himself out of his crib. I gave up.

The carpenter came to knock down the wall to the 3rd room. When he smacked a hole in it, there was a loud "whoosh" sound. I staggered. The carpenter staggered to the back door, collapsed on the step, and vomited. He was dizzy, and I brought him a wet towel and some water. We exchanged statements like "what the hell was that?" Then he went back in and smashed the hell out of that wall.

Well, pretty fast after that more things happened. Pictures fell off walls - nails still in the walls, hanging wires intact. Chair pillows on the floor. Some items moved. All in the area of the old room. And then the fucking footsteps in that room started up. My little boy slept in my room by then. He always insisted that the door be closed or he was too scared to sleep. I never considered a ghost, but was very puzzled about what was happening, especially what sounded like someone rambling around the old bedroom area.

So one night, I finally read my son to sleep and picked up my adult book to read before turning off the light and going to sleep. While I was reading, the footsteps started again, heavier than before, but this time they came down the hall and stopped at my bedroom door. I thought it was a burglar and was terrified. The only weapon near me was a bronze statute of Shiva. I knocked off the blankets, grabbed the statue like it was a bat, and shouted "go away". (OK, I probably squeaked "go away".) The door knob turned and the door opened an inch or two. I screamed, ran to the door, statute ready to swing, and threw the door open with the other hand. Empty hallway. Nothing. Total silence.

It was so upsetting, I told some people about it the next day. While speaking on the phone with one friend, a shadow seemed to appear in the open front door. It took shape. I could see a man wearing a puffy jacket like an army coat with padding. I could see how high and wide he was which I described over the phone. Then it was gone. Stuff continued to fall off tables, walls, etc., but thankfully not too many footsteps. They were the worst. When stuff happened, I yelled "Go away! You're dead!" Don't know what effect that had, other than me feeling better.

A few days later a woman came to see me. She was married to a man whose dad lived and died in the house, and she was worried about me. She heard the story about the spooked American lady with a ghost in her house at a party and confirmed that it was her DH's old family home. She said her FIL was a mean, violent, crazy bastard. He walled off what became the 3rd bedroom that I reopened. Spent most of this final days in it. His adult kids lived in the same little town and visited him when they had to - but never alone. They couldn't wait to get rid of the house with bad memories when he died. She had some similar stories about things that happened when they tried to empty the place to sell it. She visited with me on the front porch because she never wanted to enter the house again. And yeah, her FIL was the size of the shadow man I saw and wore an old army coat almost daily before he died.

I remodeled the home like crazy into a charming Victorian cottage, sold for a good profit, and moved on. Always wondered about the next owner, though.

Edited for tyops.
maydijo

Post by maydijo »

About two years ago our lovely next door neighbour died after a terrible battle with cancer. He put up the good fight for far too long but in the end it got him. He was one of those people who just never rested - if there was even a hint of daylight he'd be out in the garden, and he had a gorgeous garden. Ten months after he died his widow sold up and moved away. We couldn't blame her; but we miss having her as a neighbour; she was every bit as lovely as her husband. The new owners moved in last October. They're nice people too; we really are lucky in the neighbour department. In January they told me that they thought the old neighbour was haunting them, because bad stuff kept happening to them - really bad stuff, like a car fell on their tree. I laughed and said that they had nothing to worry about, the neighbour was a sweetheart and if he was a ghost, you couldn't ask for a nicer one. She told me it had all started happening around the time they started ripping up his garden. Well, that made sense. If they're going to rip up his garden, of course hes' going to haunt them for that. A few weeks later I was talking to our old neighbour (the widow) about this and told her that the new neighbours thought her husband was haunting them. She laughed about it too; but as soon as I said it started around the time they started ripping up his garden, she said, "Of course he's going to come back if they're doing that!" None of us really believe in ghosts; but if we're wrong and they're real, it makes complete sense that he'd come back and mess with them for ripping up his garden. He loved his garden. It was his pride and joy.
kate520

Post by kate520 »

Daisy, I don't doubt your house is haunted. It's Virginia, after all. I heard tales of ghostly doings at UVA when I was at George Mason and it was a UVA satellite school.

My friend Richard rented a house in Annandale and invited me to join him and his (just) friend Diane as a roommate. Richard was a park ranger assigned to the National Mall where he ran summer programs for city kids. Diane was a legal secretary at a firm in DC and I was a student at George Mason, working there nights as a janitor. The house had been the rectory for 50 years for a church that was torn down after a serious fire. I don't know why they didn't rebuild the church. The undamaged house was empty for a couple of years before we rented it, but we were the first non-church people to live there, ever.

One weekend night Richard was off camping in Rock Creek with his summer kids and Diane was out. I stayed home and read. I sat in an overstuffed chair in front of the window. As the afternoon turned into dusk I turned on the lamp next to me, engrossed in my book, and soon noticed that it was full on dark outside. I was getting ready to go to the kitchen to make something when the radio in Diane's room opposite the kitchen suddenly started blaring. The door was closed but I could see a sliver of bright light under the door. 'Huh', I thought, 'her alarm went off' so I opened the door to turn it off.

The room was dead silent and pitch black.

Spooked, I turned on all the lights downstairs and sat by the fireplace with my flashlight on until Diane came home about a half an hour later. I told her what had happened, we inspected her radio...no alarm set for nighttime... and the light switch...off...and said ooooh, weird. After she had been home about 10 minutes the phone rang and Diane answered it. A minute later she screamed NO NO NO NO and started sobbing. Her twin brother had committed suicide, 45 minutes earlier. When the lights came on and the radio blared. We drove to her parents house in silence. She never came back to live with us. I moved out a few weeks later. Richard stuck it out through the end of August.
DEFEND DEMOCRACY
Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 »

My mom was convinced that the house we grew up in was haunted by my brother. When we were cleaning out the house to get rid of it, any time an outside door was opened the door to the front bedroom upstairs would slam. It was because the change in pressure. The staircase acted like a wind tunnel. It didn't do it when he had that bedroom because there was a rug putting friction on the door, and we took the rug out early in the process. Only Dad had lived there for the previous 10 years.

It made mom happy to think the kid's spirit was around so we humored her.
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)
Slim Cognito
Location: Home to gators, pythons and now trump. trump is the only one that scares me.

Post by Slim Cognito »

I say the only people who don't believe in ghosts are those who haven't yet met one. I had my own personal experience which I won't detail here, it's far too personal. I will say this, I'm not easily spooked (unless it's a presidential poll) and....nobody knows.

I also found out, once you open up to someone that you've had an "experience" many people will respond in kind. The best ghost story I ever heard was told to me by my stepfather. It went like this....

One Halloween season I was watching a Travel Channel show about ghosts and a story came up about the old Olathe Airport in Johnson County KS. During WW2 it was a US Army Air Force base, now a private airport. During the war, an pilot came in for a landing but crashed into one of the hangers. The plane caught fire but the witnesses say they saw a man climb out of the cockpit and go into the hanger. But when they put the fire out, they found the pilot's body still in the cockpit.

My stepfather, Frank, kept his private plane there. The next time I saw Frank, I asked him if he'd heard of the ghost at the Olathe Airport. His face turned white and he sat there stunned for a bit then said, "I'm going to tell you a story I've never told anyone." I sat at the kitchen table with him and my mother and the story goes like this.

Frank had been out flying one afternoon and, as he came in for a landing, a great wind came up and he lost control. Just as he thought he was going to crash, the plane came in for a perfect landing. Frank couldn't believe his good luck and taxied to his hanger as a voice came over the radio asking him to please report to the tower. He thought they were going to chew him out for his reckless descent to the landing strip. He put his plane away and headed into the hanger where the tower was located but the door to the tower itself was locked. "Great" he thought, "Now I have to find someone to unlock the door." Just then a man brushed past him in a flight jacket, opened the door and went in. Frank followed and climbed the steps where he found two air traffic controllers. The two men actually congratulated him on how well he handled the landing, considering the circumstances. They thought for sure he was going to crash. Frank accepted the congrats, then noticed the man with the flight jacket wasn't there so he asked the two men where he was. The two men looked at each other, back to Frank and responded, "I see you've met our ghost."
ImageImageImage x4
MsDaisy

Post by MsDaisy »

Lani wrote:I lived in one in Australia. It was built in the late 1890's - early 1900's as a butcher shop in front with a small family living area in the back of the building. Around the WWI years, it was converted into a single family residence.

:snippity:
It was so upsetting, I told some people about it the next day. While speaking on the phone with one friend, a shadow seemed to appear in the open front door. It took shape. I could see a man wearing a puffy jacket like an army coat with padding. I could see how high and wide he was which I described over the phone. Then it was gone. Stuff continued to fall off tables, walls, etc., but thankfully not too many footsteps. They were the worst. When stuff happened, I yelled "Go away! You're dead!" Don't know what effect that had, other than me feeling better.
:shock:
MrDaisy had gone to bed, I went into the kitchen and washed up a couple of dishes, then came into the library to look at my computer and catch up on the latest. As I was reading suddenly my computer camera activated and I was looking at myself looking at my computer. But… on the screen there was a man standing behind me in the doorway to the library, a shadowy image and it scared the shit out of me. I jumped out of my chair looked around and there was nothing there. I immediately looked back at my computer screen and the image was gone and the camera was off.
http://thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 24#p599524

They must like doorways :swoon: :lol:

It’s funny that I should encounter crazy stuff like this considering I really don’t believe in the supernatural. I’m sure there is some kind of logical explanation for it all. Or maybe Scatman Crothers was right, some folks shine and some don’t.

Birfers are toast
anotherparadox

Post by anotherparadox »

I have had some paranormal experiences of my own.

My experiences started right after my mother died. I actually had a premonition of her death in a dream and it happened just as in my dream. After her death, I could feel her presence from time to time. There was a night not long after her death when my ex-wife and I were having this argument in our bedroom and in the heat of our yelling, a lamp on a dresser came on by itself which startled us both and stopped the argument.

When my dad was in a nursing home and dying, he asked me to go to see the Queen Mary as it had carried him and other soldiers to England as the "Grey Ghost" during WWII. So, after he died, I rode my motorcycle out to California and a cousin and I went to the Queen Mary - which is supposed to be haunted. We actually went on a "haunted tour". One room in particular was supposed to be very haunted and we spent a bunch of time sitting in there waiting for something to happen. Eventually, we decided to move on when we didn't experience any paranormal activity. During this time, I was also recording with my digital camcorder (I actually filmed the entire tour). As we were walking out the door my cousin and I were last in line and I ended up being the last one out the door. My cousin was right in front of me and just as she stepped out of the room someone said "Super Dave" in my left ear. I went "Whoa, did you hear that?" but my cousin didn't hear it. However, since I had been recording all the time, when we got back to my uncle's house where I was staying, I played back the tape and there was definitely a voice - more of a whisper - that sounded more like "Hello Dave" on the tape. I kind of wondered if it had been my dad.

I still have the tape but the camcorder fell apart when I got back home to Texas where I was living at that time. I think it wasn't able to withstand all the vibration it and I endured on my bike. I was able to borrow another camcorder to get the data transferred to a computer but I ended up selling that computer and wiping the drive. Afterwards I remembered I had not backed up that recording anywhere.

So, I guess I need to see if I can buy another camcorder that is capable of playing the digital tape I have so I can transfer the video back to one of my computers.

And I don't think you're crazy.
Foggy

Post by Foggy »

I'm bein' cheated. I never have seen a ghost or a haunted house.

... but I'm keepin' an open mind about it. :blink:
Buckle up, peeps, this ride is gonna get BUMPY. :shock:
Howard_Kahn

Post by Howard_Kahn »

So who you gonna call?
Me, I'm getting my cheap labor overseas. You. You pay your non-skilled labor $15 per hour.
TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR »

My mother's aunts believed that their ancestors had seen a ghost. I believed that they were telling a ghost story to frighten a little kid (me).

There was an old plantation-style house that stood at the top of a low hill. Below it spread the fields in which cotton had once grown. The family/community cemetery was also down there beside a small church (which happens still to be active).

One night (I am not sure if it were dark and stormy) there came a pounding on the front door. When someone opened it, there stood the apparition of an elderly relative who had been buried several weeks before. She was holding out her hand, which was missing fingers. The next day the menfolk went to her grave to discover that grave robbers had been there. Her rings had been stolen.

As I grew older I recognized that this was a classic ghost tale and had probably been published several times by different authors. I even wrote it in a creative writing class in high school, adding the voices of the slaves crying from their half of the cemetery. Much later I asked a great aunt who was nearly 100 years old if she had ever heard this story. She had, and it was not told to her when she was a young girl. She had married into the family of the plantation and that was part of the family's baggage.

I remember that house on the hill from my early childhood. In fact, when my parents were able to build a house after World War II they went to the plantation to recover the mantle from one of the fireplaces. Like much else of the house, it had been stripped. The house was eventually taken down for its lumber.

The plantation itself had been made into a German prisoner of war camp. It is now an industrial park. It was also the location of several experimental concrete buildings where the LeTourneau Corporation experimented with rapid construction of houses. I learned to drive on its asphalt. No ghosts were harmed.
“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut
TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

I ain't afraid of no ghosts!

Ms. Daisy, when was the original house built? The most intriguing thing (to me) is the boots you found in the walls.
I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett
Estiveo

Post by Estiveo »

I used to work for a company called the Games Network in Los Angeles, a startup company that was going to deliver video games over cable TV. Overnight security and some light housekeeping. They went bust before their launch, mostly due to spending investor money like there was no end to it.

Anyway, this is the building they had their headquarters in:
It has been used as a location in several movies and TV shows, so it may look familiar to you.

It's also haunted.

The overnight crew was me and my best friend, so we hung out there together most nights regardless of which of us was on the clock. Another friend who was on the engineering staff also hung out with us a few nights a week because there was a tendency to party a bit after everyone else was gone.

I can't tell you how many times we heard footsteps on the second floor, only to go up to check it out and find nobody there and all the doors locked. Then there were the lights that would turn themselves on in the president's office.

The creepiest thing was our keys, though. Because a lot of our night was just being there, we'd play a lot of video games and watch TV in the front parlor. When we'd do that we'd leave our keys on the front desk in the lobby, which is very visible from where we'd be sitting in the parlor. Every hour or so it was time to walk around and check the place out, so get up, get the keys and check all three floors and the basement where the server room was.

At least once a week the keys would be gone from the desk and every time we'd find them on the third floor, on the engineering assistant's desk. Never a sound of footsteps, or keys jingling. Just quietly relocated. It happened when either of us was there alone, it happened when all three of us were there together.

Never felt threatened or anything, it was kind of neat. Still a little creepy though.
Image Image Image Image Image
MsDaisy

Post by MsDaisy »

TexasFilly wrote:I ain't afraid of no ghosts!

Ms. Daisy, when was the original house built? The most intriguing thing (to me) is the boots you found in the walls.
Original house was 4 rooms, two up & 2 down built in 1815. It was the summer house to a local plantation. But the bit where we found the shoes was added in 1907.

Yes, the shoes were creepy. Apparently its a world wide ancient pagan belief that the shoe is the only garment you wear that takes on something of yourself, that being the shape of your foot. So of course your old shoes can stand watch for you and protect the house and its occupants from ghosts and evil spirits.
Birfers are toast
MsDaisy

Post by MsDaisy »

I'm loving all these cool stories! :popcorn:
Birfers are toast
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Here is a wikipedia article about shoes concealed in buildings. Interesting. There is apparently a registry - you should definitely report your finding - how cool is that!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concealed_shoes
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage
Karen Walker

Post by Karen Walker »

Soooo neat! Daisy, have you thought about placing a video camera to catch the cabinets opening? If it was me I'd be curious to know if they all open at once or individually.

I've only experienced two for sure hauntings and two that I "felt" were haunted.

I grew up in our farm house that I often speak about here. I never saw any ghosts but I was terrified of the upstairs. I wouldn't go up there at all at night & only during the day if someone was with me. I slept with my grandma until I was 12 years old. That's how afraid I was.

One day my mom was visiting (my grandma raised me) and she made me go upstairs to get something out of one of the bedrooms. I *really* didn't want to go but she insisted - all I remember is that when I was leaving the room to go to the hall stairs someone whispered in my ear: "hi bug." That was the name my brother called me but he was in Morroco. I screamed & ran downstairs & told them what happened. Of course I was scolded for being dramatic. :( A few hours later a letter arrived from my brother to my grandma & at the bottom was a P.S. "hi, bug."... My brother is still alive so it wasn't his ghost. *shrug*

My first legit haunting was when I was about 14 & lived in Jacksonville with my sister, ex brother-in-law, my niece who was just a toddler & my niece who was still an infant.

I'll never ever forget the first encounter. I had stayed up late watching a movie long after everyone went to bed. My toddler niece & I shared a queen sized bed. A few minutes after I got into bed I felt her crawling across the bed. I thought I had woken her & because she was potty training I thought she might need to go. I opened my eyes & sat up. I saw a woman standing in front of my closet. She was kinda glowing & was wearing a high collared blouse with a broach in the middle. I closed my eyes & opened them again & watched her fade away. I looked over at my niece and she hadn't budged.

I laid back down thinking my eyes were playing tricks on me when I felt her crawling across the bed again. This time instead of sitting up I opened my eyes & saw my niece still hadn't moved!

I didn't say anything to anyone for awhile. Then my sister started accusing me of getting into her jewelry box & wearing her perfume. I hadn't. One day my BIL & I were playing cards and I mentioned what I saw. He said, "I was wondering when you'd see her." :shock:

I only saw her one other time crawling on the floor outside my sister's bedroom & vanished into the linen closet at the end of the hall. However I'd smell my sister's perfume in gagging amounts throughout the house when she wasn't there. Lights, fans, televisions and radios would turn on & off. Pots & pans would bang in the cabinets. That happened one time when I had a friend over & she ran screaming out of my house & wouldn't come over again. :rotflmao:

It was all pretty benign stuff for the most part... for awhile but it (she/they) was interfering with my sleep. I decided to move my bedroom into the addition to the house but that didn't make it stop. My BIL told me that "they" (he said there was also some kind of animal type thing with her) were getting a kick out of scaring me. He said I should just tell them I wasn't afraid & to knock it off. So one night I did.

That pissed them off & my nicknacks, albums & books started flying off my shelf towards me. I swear to you. This wasn't my imagination. It wasn't earthquake. It wasn't the fan (I didn't have A/C). It wasn't a plane flying low. I ran to my sis & BIL room and demanded they let me sleep in between them until whatever was in our house was excommunicated. My BIL said he'd handle it. I stayed with a friend for a few days until it was safe to come home. I don't know how he did it & I didn't care. I was just glad it was over.

The next "event" was about 15 years later in the first house I bought in Gawja. I never saw anything but every time I was in my master bathroom I swear there was someone or something standing right behind me in the doorway. I politely asked that one to go away & it did. Thankfully.

The last one was in this house & it was my fur babby kitteh after he died. I'd glimpse him sitting on the landing looking downstairs. I'd find his miniature beanie babies on the floor after I'd been gone all day.

I don't see him anymore but I think my grandcat does. She'll be sound asleep & suddenly stare intently (wide eyes) at his spot on the landing. I miss him. :cry:

Anyway - those are my ghost stories.
TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR »

Although it is not clear for some of these stories, I think New England ghosts are getting short shrift in this discussion. So I went on a search for full-time haunted places in Connecticut (around Halloween, every town has at least one haunted house). The owners of the Stanton House Inn in Greenwich were surprised to find their inn listed as haunted on somebody's list, so they offered their own list of haunted houses or haunted places within easy driving distance. (Unless you are going east-west against the paths of the glaciers, everything in Connecticut is within easy driving distance.) This inspires me to go to Greenwich some weekend and check out the owners' claim that their inn is without haunts. It doesn't look haunted to me.

MsDaisy

Post by MsDaisy »

Now I think my oldest cat is haunted. Trudy (the intruder) is 11y/o and always been a mostly normal cat. She got her nose out of joint when the other two kitties showed up 4 or 5 years ago and she to this day completely ignores both of them as much as possible. (And they tag-team torment her every chance they get)

The upstairs is centered over the oldest bit of this house. There are two bedrooms and one bath up there. We don’t go up there very much with kids grown and gone but it’s a dog free zone so the cats stay up there or on the stairs a lot. We have a little gate at the bottom of the stairs.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Lately Trudy has been going up there in the front hall mournfully and loudly howling, it’s really very strange. She’s never done that before, I don’t think I’ve ever had a howling cat that I remember.

The other day she was up there howling and got into a fight I assumed with one of the other cats, so I went up there to break it up and she was up there all alone. I looked all around and there was no one else up there and finally found the other two downstairs in the kitchen watching the bird feeder. No telling what the hell she was fighting with up there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Birfers are toast
Slim Cognito
Location: Home to gators, pythons and now trump. trump is the only one that scares me.

Post by Slim Cognito »

I have another ghost story. I didn't encounter the *ghost* directly but it's a heckuva good story.

Hubs' first wife died of cancer. Towards the end of her life, when she was on heavy pain meds, she often complained to D that something was moving about the house when he was gone. Two of the kids also said they saw somebody walking around their house. The youngest boy said he often saw a girl walking up and down the hallway but she'd turn and walk into (or through) a wall. D dismissed all their stories, assuming his wife was imagining things because of her end-of-life morphine and the kids were following her lead.

His wife eventually passed (not in the house, though), he sold the house but stayed in the same town and remained good friends with the next door neighbors. The people who bought the house only stayed one year then sold it to another family.

Time passed and D and I began dating and I also became friends with his former neighbors. She (the neighbor) called me one day to tell us a story. Bear in mind, D had never mentioned the alleged ghost to the neighbor. Neighbor said the newest owners had asked her if D's first wife had died in the house. Neighbor said no, she died in the hospital, why do you ask? New owner said they kept spotting a small woman wandering up and down the hallway.

Swear To God. True story.

Interesting side note. That house was not an old house, maybe 10 years old when D lived there, 15 by the time the neighbor heard the story about the small woman. It was Lees Summit, MO, a KC suburb, which was mostly farmland until a big building boom in the 70s. We always wondered if a old farmhouse had been on the property at one time. I always meant to check out land records but never did.
ImageImageImage x4
Azastan

Post by Azastan »

MsDaisy wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:53 am

Lately Trudy has been going up there in the front hall mournfully and loudly howling, it’s really very strange. She’s never done that before, I don’t think I’ve ever had a howling cat that I remember.
This is Sundowner Syndrome in cats.

Return to “The Lounge”