Falsehoods unchallenged only fester and grow.

Guest Announcements

To join Fogbow, register AND email me, foggy at thefogbow dot com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Three types of birthers
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 2:42 am 

So I believe there is indeed a third type of birther out there that we all have probably come across as of recent. There are, in my view, three kinds of birthers out there. For the most part birthers in general will move between different types, but I've come across distinctive arguments.

1. Kenyan born theory birthers

Those who believe that Obama was born in Kenya. The original birthers.

2. Two parent citizenship birthers

Birthers who believe that you require both parents to be American citizens (and for you to be born on U.S soil) in order to be a natural born citizen.

3. Obama cover-up birthers

The most common type of birther. These birthers believe that Obama was likely born in Hawaii, and they may not deny that he would be a natural born citizen if such, but they believe he is yet to demonstrate that he is eligible to be president. These birthers object to being considered birthers more than anybody else, but their refusal to believe Hawaiian authorities or the authenticity of both birth certificates puts them well within the tinfoil hat section. Expect these birther types to say 'I'm not a birther but or I think he was probably born in Hawaii, he's just hiding something.

So essentially what is a birther?

A birther is somebody who believes that the president has not proven or demonstrated sufficiantly that he is eligible to hold office.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 8:04 am 

IMO there quite a few more types of birthers. Off the top of my head there are:-

Born in Indionesia birthers

Need a citizen father to be an NBC birthers

Indionesian adoption birthers

Not a NBC because of multiple citizenships birthers (divided into two sub sets - those that simply rely on dual citizenship at birth and those who claim existing multiple citizenship)

Stanley Ann not old enough to pass on citizenship birthers

Barack Obama was born in Hawaii but this isn't him birthers.

Only a 14th Amendment citizen birthers.

Even the 3rd class you recognise is really an amalgam of those who claim he hiding something specific ( parentage, religion, foreign sturdentship, age, antichrist etc) and those who just allude to a vague "something". We do seem to be seeing more of this recently I think because the others are getting less and less traction.

Of course any individual birther can fit into multiple categories even if they contradict themselves and nearly all fit into an overiding "there's a n***** in the WHITE house category".

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 8:13 am 

Welsh Dragon wrote:
Of course any individual birther can fit into multiple categories even if they contradict themselves and nearly all fit into an overiding "there's a n***** in the WHITE house category".

^^^^^^^This!

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 8:16 am 

Welsh Dragon wrote:
IMO there quite a few more types of birthers. Off the top of my head there are:-

Born in Indionesia birthers

Need a citizen father to be an NBC birthers

Indionesian adoption birthers

Not a NBC because of multiple citizenships birthers (divided into two sub sets - those that simply rely on dual citizenship at birth and those who claim existing multiple citizenship)

Stanley Ann not old enough to pass on citizenship birthers

Barack Obama was born in Hawaii but this isn't him birthers.

Only a 14th Amendment citizen birthers.

Even the 3rd class you recognise is really an amalgam of those who claim he hiding something specific ( parentage, religion, foreign sturdentship, age, antichrist etc) and those who just allude to a vague "something". We do seem to be seeing more of this recently I think because the others are getting less and less traction.

Of course any individual birther can fit into multiple categories even if they contradict themselves and nearly all fit into an overiding "there's a n***** in the OUR WHITE house category".

FIFY

• My friends, it is solidarity of labor we want. We do not want to find fault with each other, but to solidify our forces and say to each other: “We must be together; our masters are joined together and we must do the same thing.”
  • Pray for the dead, and fight like hell for the living.
—Mother Jones

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 8:21 am 

One common trait of birthers is a stubborn Denial of all facts and evidence which shows that Obama was born in Hawaii and is a NBC - combined with an eagerness to accept every farfetched, weak and/or fabricated smear thrown out there which they believe (more accurately, which they hope...) discredits Obama's legitimacy. The dishonesty is top to bottom with all birthers, and that much dishonesty touches ever aspect of a person's life.
Theirs is a very personal hatred focused on Barack Obama. It has caused them to be irrational, to the extent that they base their opinions and arguments upon their own internal emotions, rather than on fact or evidence.
That's also why charlatans target the birthers - they are easy to hornswaggle.

It is not clear, how these two individuals merge into one person. It is not clear, who came back from Indiana, Orly Taitz or Lena. We have no idea, who is residing in the Taitz house: is it Orly Taitz or is it
Lena Lettmifeeenisch ? If it is Lena, what, happened to Orly Taitz ?
Lila Dubert

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 8:48 am 

Wolf wrote:
A birther is somebody who believes that the president has not proven or demonstrated sufficiantly that he is eligible to hold office.
One of the underlying truths that few birthers will admit is that this belief is more honestly stated:
Quote:
...somebody who believes that the president has not proven or demonstrated sufficiently to him or her personally that he is eligible to hold office.
They know that the appropriate answer to this belief is "So? Don't vote for him."

They know that if Democrats came out doubting Romney's citizenship, and Romney released posted a pdf of his Michigan birth certificate on his campaign web site, and Romney Birthers started saying it was a forgery and suing Michigan to see the "original", etc. that they would consider them crackpots.

Heck, if they had to prove their OWN citizenship, for some scholarship or membership, and the authority to whom they were applying got the verification directly from their state of birth, but still refused them entrance because "they only verified that it matches your record on file, not that it's the true information," they would be mystified and furious, and rightly suspect some other prejudice at play not based on citizenship.

The question is why? Why are these people willing -- eager -- to abandon common sense in the one case of Obama? That's a thesis for another day, but part of the analysis turns on the other "three types of birthers" -- the categorization by motivation.

1. True Believers: Absolute tinfoil hat territory. Their fear, hate and ignorance have boiled over and made a potent stew that permits them to return again and again with absolute conviction to long debunked theories, and simultaneously hold mutually contradictory theories. Example: Tracy.
  2. Grifters: Primarily in it for the money (plus notoriety). Kreep, Berg, CELIII, Dealio?, Trump, etc.
  3. Smear Tacticians: Absolutely do not believe (but will never admit it). Fatally cynical (NADT). Corsi, Farah.

Orly is a curious combo of all three.

There's a fourth category that we've seen repeatedly over the years, but was never a large enough block to be considered a "force": Footsie Birthers. This is the one to watch. These are GOP faithful who have drunk enough FoxNews/TeaParty koolaid to begin to wonder, not if there's enough smoke to justify a belief in fire, but if there's enough smoke to justify inhaling just a taste, and maybe hop on the Swiftboat Ride to Easy Political Victory. Example: Bennett, most of the GOP in Washington, Romney's campaign.

As we get closer to November, the desperation to hurt Obama will produce more birther drama, no doubt.

This is the category that I think Fogbow now focuses on. We'll never convert a True Believer, and the Grifters and Smear Artists don't have beliefs to convert. But the nation can be educated, to make the Bennetts pay for threatening to abandon decency, sense, law, history, and democratic order.

unsound mind, a dimension of unreality, a dimension
of really, really bad law. You've just crossed over
into the Orly Zone."
-- Geritol

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:42 am 

Occupation: Harvester of the souless, labeller of the deluded, flayer of the intolerant...Birfoons have accused me of being heartless....It's not true I do have a heart, of a small child, in a box, under my bed.
Breakdown of the varying clades...

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=7566&p=368596&hilit=fellow#p368596

Pest and Fail.......Member of Obama’s Brown Shirt corps
Gretawire..........Communist/terrorist
Freeperville........"League of Evil" and banned "Obama Zot"

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 11:12 am 

everalm wrote:

That's awesome. I think I missed it the first time around.

unsound mind, a dimension of unreality, a dimension
of really, really bad law. You've just crossed over
into the Orly Zone."
-- Geritol

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 11:30 am 

verbalobe wrote:
They know that if Democrats came out doubting Romney's citizenship, and Romney released posted a pdf of his Michigan birth certificate on his campaign web site, and Romney Birthers started saying it was a forgery and suing Michigan to see the "original", etc. that they would consider them crackpots.

Agreed. And that's why I'm shifting to Wifery. Today!

How many wives does he really have? As one who watched quite a few episodes of Big Love, it's obvious that those people hide all but Wife #1. And they lock up a lot of secrets in some temple where ordinary citizens are shut out.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 1:30 pm 

verbalobe wrote:
There's a fourth category that we've seen repeatedly over the years, but was never a large enough block to be considered a "force": Footsie Birthers. This is the one to watch. These are GOP faithful who have drunk enough FoxNews/TeaParty koolaid to begin to wonder, not if there's enough smoke to justify a belief in fire, but if there's enough smoke to justify inhaling just a taste, and maybe hop on the Swiftboat Ride to Easy Political Victory. Example: Bennett, most of the GOP in Washington, Romney's campaign.

As we get closer to November, the desperation to hurt Obama will produce more birther drama, no doubt.

This is the category that I think Fogbow now focuses on. We'll never convert a True Believer, and the Grifters and Smear Artists don't have beliefs to convert. But the nation can be educated, to make the Bennetts pay for threatening to abandon decency, sense, law, history, and democratic order.

I agree. The fools will always exist but we can make them the fringe minority by not letting their stupidity considered seriously.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 5:53 pm 

Wolf wrote:
The most common type of birther. These birthers believe that Obama was likely born in Hawaii, and they may not deny that he would be a natural born citizen if such, but they believe he is yet to demonstrate that he is eligible to be president. These birthers object to being considered birthers more than anybody else, but their refusal to believe Hawaiian authorities or the authenticity of both birth certificates puts them well within the tinfoil hat section. Expect these birther types to say 'I'm not a birther but or I think he was probably born in Hawaii, he's just hiding something.

Much like how 9-11 inside-jobbers just want a proper investigation and holocaust deniers are simply researching this open historical question.

Most of my research was done in the New York Public Library, which has a magnificent collection of crank literature. Unfortunately only a tiny portion of it is identified as such. -- Martin Gardner, Fads and Fallacies in the Name of Science, 1952.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 8:40 pm 

birfing is a highly mobile (pre)occupation:

Fantasywriter wrote:
I am one of those who couldn’t believe the born-in-Kenya narrative until recently. The listing by his literary agent did it for me. I don’t believe they’d have advanced an unpublished no-name writer a total of $165,000 [for a book they never received] w’out checking the info he gave them. One piece of that info is that he was born in Kenya. If they fact-checked his claim and discovered he was really born in HI, his bio loses a big part of its luster. But a mixed-race president of Harvard Law Review who actually WAS born in Kenya—that makes a nice hook by which to sell the anticipated book.

just more proof that, no matter how stupid you are, excessive masturbirfin' will make you stupider.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:56 pm 

further evidence of birfer (de)evolution:

TheBigJ wrote:
Having read and collected info since fall of 2008 on the matter, initially I suspected Zero had something embarrassing on his b.c. and that Congress, courts, wouldn’t be that incompetent or part of this corruption...yet as a year passed and every conceivable avenue to resolve this was scrubbed, “destroyed”, or not permitted for public consumption, it was clear Zero wasn’t born on U.S. soil.

The easiest or occam’s razor theory was there’s a young woman in HI in 1961 pregnant out of wedlock from a foreigner of another race. Estranged from family left for Kenya, had a child there. Behavior she would repeat meeting an Indonesian national, going to Indonesia, having Maya..clearly a different independant woman. And BOAC planes were available free or discounted for students
[ :!: ] at that time and she would return to her old stomping grounds of Mercer Island and attend the university in WA.

However... now it appears Ann S. Obama was NOT Stanley Ann Dunham as previously thought..Obama Sr. had numerous wives, Ann was Filipino wife. University of Washington transcript for Stanley Ann Dunham believed to be fraudulent.

So blatant disinformation campaign and much more complex maze that is beyond belief and reads like a stellar novel, something even more insidious than imagined. How many corrupt players are involved boggles the mind.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 5:26 am 

TheBigJ wrote:
How many corrupt players are involved boggles the mind.
Having a boggled mind seems to be a common denominator ...

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:08 am 

Foggy wrote:
TheBigJ wrote:
How many corrupt players are involved boggles the mind.
Having a boggled mind seems to be a common denominator ...

I mean, the quote is true, just not in the way the birther says it.

It boggles MY mind to think of how many hundreds, now likely thousands, of people would have to be "In on it" for the birthers to be correct, in a conspiracy ranging 50 years or more, and yet they seem to be perfectly OK with the fact that not one has done a deathbed confession or spilled the beans in exchange for what would end up being immortality - they'd be in history books as the one who brought it all down. But not one has even bothered. Thousands of people, including an opposing political party and ideology which opposes everything else the man does EXCEPT this topic.

The birthers seem to consider all of this as perfectly plausible. To me, that really does boggle the mind. That their mind is boggled by how many people they say ARE corrupt and not by the sheer lunacy of a "Thousands of people are all in on it!" plot is the problem :-)

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:32 am 

Location: FEMA Camp 17 -- Malibu (Hey! You! Get off the lawn!)
311 million people are in on it.

Realist lives to serve. Foggy does it for the children. I'm in it for the schadenfreude.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:36 pm 

i think this one counts as a bona fide true believer:

hal ogen wrote:
Remember, Citizen...nobama hates you, hates your family, hates your Freedom, hates your success, hates Free America, hates Americans, hates the Constitution and hates the Bill of Rights. nobama is a hate crime foisted upon America. nobama is the Destroyer . Everything nobama does is intentional. God help us all.

:madz2: :angry: :torches: :explode:

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 2:33 pm 

Occupation: Harvester of the souless, labeller of the deluded, flayer of the intolerant...Birfoons have accused me of being heartless....It's not true I do have a heart, of a small child, in a box, under my bed.
I think he might have missed a "hate" somewhere, like puppies, mom and apple pie and stuff

Pest and Fail.......Member of Obama’s Brown Shirt corps
Gretawire..........Communist/terrorist
Freeperville........"League of Evil" and banned "Obama Zot"

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 4:03 pm 

... and hot dogs and Chevrolets ...

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:02 pm 

...and baseball...

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:56 pm 

Occupation: World-class procrastinator and perpetual late-bloomer.
Breakdown of the Birthers

1: Racists.
2: People who want to get racists to give them money.
3: People who want to get racists to give them votes.

I believe that all known birthers fall into one (or more) of those three categories.

"And with the advent of LexisNexis and WestLaw, there is no more need for attorneys to spend hours researching. The relevant case law simply comes straight to the computer, ready to be copied to a word processor."
--Larry "Leisure Suit" Klayman