HAPPY NEW YEAR FELLOW OBOTS

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

Happy New Year everybody!

Maybe now that it's 2015, after so many wasted, futile years, birfers will give up and find a new hobby.

:lol:
What you've heard about Mighty Spork is true. Don't miss The Fogbow's Favourite TV Show™ starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: Family Crisis!" Fri 9/8c. TVShowsAce featured Fogbow's love 5/26/20: https://bit.ly/2TNxrbS

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Go Blackhawks!

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

Made it through the time warp!

Happy new year to all my fellow Fogbowzers.

Reeeko

Post by Reeeko »

Quiet night for me and the missus - she's fighting off a most inconvenient cold two days before her Saturday departure on a two-week business trip to Cuba, of all places.

As for me, effective today I'm officially retired from the federal gummint (with 39+ years at age 56), so I hope to have a lot more time available to poke around here (and maybe provide some BOTG for the occasional DC court event :-)

everalm

Post by everalm »

Happy new year to one and all, although it has started on a tense note.

We have two seperate cat rescue charities coming round to do house inspections to see if we will be fit new parents for two rescued 4 legged family members.

Major problem hopefully will be restraining She Who Must Be Obeyed from wanting to adopt all the kitteh's in sight. Provisionally we have been told we can adopt Mad Maisey and Coco, Maison E has been too quiet since Tygger and Thomasina passed on.

New year, new furry babies.....

magdalen77

Post by magdalen77 »

Yay, new fur babies! Happy New Year everyone!!

gupwalla

Post by gupwalla »

This new year is cold and damp. If I can find the receipt I'm taking it back for refund or exchange.
In a wilderness of mirrors, what will the spider do beyond the circuit of the shuddering Bear in fractured atoms? -TS Eliot (somewhat modified)

All warfare is based on deception. - Sun Tzu

SueDB

Post by SueDB »

This new year is cold and damp. If I can find the receipt I'm taking it back for refund or exchange.

It may still be under warranty.
“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

No Pilikia

Post by No Pilikia »

There are still fireworks going off here! I am so happy to be living on the Windward side of Oahu again with all of the happy nutzos! I used to live "in town" with the rich & stuck up folks. It is good to be back home.

Hauoli Makahiki Hou from Hawaii, the Birthplace of President Barack Hussein Obama
"The opportunity that Hawaii offered -- to experience a variety of cultures in a climate of mutual respect -- became an integral part of my world view and a basis for the values I hold most dear." Barack Obama, 1999

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

29o Farenthold this morning!

BillTheCat

Post by BillTheCat »

30 here this morning. In Mountain View California. First time I've seen frost all over my car and covering my windshield since I was last in Boston. :crazy:
'But I don't want to go among mad people,' said Alice. 'Oh, you can't help that,' said the cat. 'We're all mad here.'
-Lewis Carroll

Roboe

Post by Roboe »

There are still fireworks going off here! I am so happy to be living on the Windward side of Oahu again with all of the happy nutzos! I used to live "in town" with the rich & stuck up folks. It is good to be back home.

We had a few yesterday evening as well, but that's mainly because the rules have been tightened up so much, it's illegal to use it from today until December 30th! So people are using to avoid the trouble of disposing it the proper way.

Sadly there were 3 deaths on New Years Eve, owing to illegal fireworks. A particularly dangerous type of professional fireworks, known as a 'mortar mine' (since it's intended to be launched from a mortar-like tube and for safety reasons should burst well into the air), has become sort of fashionable over the past few years. One was killed when the mine exploded immediately after clearing the tube, and two more were killed in another accident where the mine exploded in the tube.

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

I use those all the time on Fourth of July. You're supposed to quickly step away from the mortar mine the second you light the fuse, so you're at least 4 or 5 meters away when it ignites.
For more information, read it again.

(Fogbow on PayPal)

Roboe

Post by Roboe »

I use those all the time on Fourth of July. You're supposed to quickly step away from the mortar mine the second you light the fuse, so you're at least 4 or 5 meters away when it ignites.

The type of mines involved in these incidents are the ones used by the professionals, and are supposed to be electrically ignited, to the point that even a 2 feet fuse will burn through before you have time to step away. There's another video around, showing some drunk moron setting one off in the middle of a busy street, with revellers no more than 5-10 meters away. The safety distance on these things are around 100 meters or so, depending on the size (1 meter pr diameter in milimeter is a rough guide).

Here's how fast it burns through (they've attached a normal burning fuse, so they have time to step away):

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

Ahh, OK. More understandable now.
For more information, read it again.

(Fogbow on PayPal)

SueDB

Post by SueDB »

The small ones are a real blast when the guy lighting the thing end up kicking the mortar tube over. Holy Sparks Batman!
“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

Return to “The Lounge”