Important shoe question

Princess foofypants

Important shoe question

Post by Princess foofypants »

Say "someone" is pushing 50.Is about 5'10" without shoesIs basically a suburban housefrauIs not known for her coordination.Not say that "someone" bought these shoes...http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c150/ ... .jpgShould this someone realize that these are not appropriate footwear for middle-aged women and return them, or should she keep them? If she keeps them, should she go out in public as a 6'3" Amazon tottering around in studded shoes, or should she wear them around the house whilst cooking dinner?

Piffle

Important shoe question

Post by Piffle »

Should this someone realize that these are not appropriate footwear for middle-aged women and return them, or should she keep them? If she keeps them, should she go out in public as a 6'3" Amazon tottering around in studded shoes, or should she wear them around the house whilst cooking dinner?All I know is this: If she's already bought them and if she likes them, the right answer is, "You look great in those shoes." :D

ZekeB

Important shoe question

Post by ZekeB »

Perhaps Jill would be interested in those shoes.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

MN-Skeptic

Important shoe question

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Those are impressive shoes!
MAGA - Morons Are Governing America

Taverl

Important shoe question

Post by Taverl »

Wait...you're expected to walk in those?I thought shoes like that were only worn while sitting and...uh...doing other things that don't involve being on one's feet. :-

ducktape

Important shoe question

Post by ducktape »

She's a rich girl,Don't try to hide it,Diamonds on the soles of her shoes.

kate520

Important shoe question

Post by kate520 »

I say keep them. Make Thanksgiving dinner in them, decorate the tree...just don't go outside with snow on the ground. :o :-?
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

rosy

Important shoe question

Post by rosy »

If you can walk in them*, then you should definitely wear them and know that you will look truly fab.*I don't walk much and can only wear flat shoes while doing so but I wear shoes like the above while sitting in my chair. And I am pushing 50 as well.

verbalobe

Important shoe question

Post by verbalobe »

If "someone" bought those shoes, they must have spoken to her, in that deep, secret, silent language of footwear... it would be disrespectful to turn one's back on such a connection.

As for when to wear them -- the occasions will announce themselves. Maybe a little "do" at the Kennedy Center... an audience with the Pope... the Indy 500... you'll she'll know.

But definitely for cooking dinner! ;;)

Foggy

Important shoe question

Post by Foggy »

My mom faced a pickle, trying to wear nice shoes to greet my dad when he came back from a months-long tour of duty at sea.Imagine wearing those shoes, Maru, and walking on a wooden dock with gaps between the boards.http://www.topperfloats.com/images/navydock.jpg
Don't make me assume my ultimate form!

(Fogbow on PayPal)

SueDB

Important shoe question

Post by SueDB »

shades of sarah palin....
“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

Princess foofypants

Important shoe question

My mom faced a pickle, trying to wear nice shoes to greet my dad when he came back from a months-long tour of duty at sea.Imagine wearing those shoes, Maru, and walking on a wooden dock with gaps between the boards.http://www.topperfloats.com/images/navydock.jpgYikes! Kinda like walking in heels on cobblestones!My biggest shoe issue is wedges. I can walk in stilettos, but I have really big feet and in a wedge my foot in bigger than a step. Causes a weird level action almost hurtling down them.

MN-Skeptic

Important shoe question

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Those look exactly like the kind of shoes kate520's avatar would wear.
MAGA - Morons Are Governing America

realist

Important shoe question

Post by realist »

But definitely for cooking dinner! ;;)^^^^THIS

:-
ImageX 4 ImageX36

Lili Von Shtupp

Important shoe question

Post by Lili Von Shtupp »

the biggest issue for me is comfort. if they are comfortable and dont hurt your feet and are comfy on the balls of your feet, hell yes !!! Love em, I am older than you and still wear sexy shooz but can only wear cole haan nike air or taryn rose and some times manolo's. . good for you !!

Princess foofypants

Important shoe question

the biggest issue for me is comfort. if they are comfortable and dont hurt your feet and are comfy on the balls of your feet, hell yes !!! Love em, I am older than you and still wear sexy shooz but can only wear cole haan nike air or taryn rose and some times manolo's. . good for you !!I'm more of a Jimmy Choo girl myself. I have really high arches and they fit me better.

Tink

Important shoe question

Post by Tink »

Say "someone" is pushing 50.Is about 5'10" without shoesIs basically a suburban housefrauIs not known for her coordination.Not say that "someone" bought these shoes...Should this someone realize that these are not appropriate footwear for middle-aged women and return them, or should she keep them? If she keeps them, should she go out in public as a 6'3" Amazon tottering around in studded shoes, or should she wear them around the house whilst cooking dinner?I borrowed my daughter's shoes that were very similar.1. If you have developed bunions, be prepared for two weeks of bunion pain. Didn't hurt when I was wearing them, just afterwards.2. Depending on how thin one's legs are, any age can pull these off. 3. If you wear hosiery with them, the studs will ruin them the first time you cross your legs. If no hosiery, then you will get scratches. 4. When I put them on, I have one of my kids steady me until I overcome my vertigo.I love the higher heels, they just don't like me. I had worn them to the funeral for my Stepmom, my Dad, who is my heighth at 5'4" begged me to take them off and come back down to his level.The biggest plus, Hubby finds shoes like that to be a total turn on.

Princess foofypants

Important shoe question

Tink,No bunions. Legs are not thin, but ankles are. Will likely wear with a plain black just below the knee dress.The kids steadying you maked me lol. I'm already up in the clouds without shoes so no vertigo. It is hard bending down to feet the cats from that high up however.I think the bf kinda likes them. He was there when I tried them on. He bought shoes too. Ugg-like slippers. He is more practical than me.

neonzx

Important shoe question

Post by neonzx »

I was at a friend's house last week and their 13 year old son came in the room asking if he could buy a new pair of shoes. His mom told him no and that he had enough shoes. He said he only had two pairs of shoes that fit right (10.5) and all the other shoes are size 8 and 9. His mom said two is enough. He replied, "THEN WHY DO YOU HAVE LIKE 30 PAIRS OF SHOES IN YOUR CLOSET!!??"Her answer? "Because I'm a woman." =)) Anyway, the real reason they don't want him to buy shoes now is because he's been growing like a weed (just a couple inches shorter than me) and he may need a bigger size in a few months.
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

tjh

Important shoe question

Post by tjh »

If criticized she could point to these as an alternative :

listeme

Important shoe question

Post by listeme »

My shoes go from "comfortable" to "ugly".I'm askeered of this whole thread.
We're used to being told it's our fault that men don't listen to us.

nbc

Important shoe question

Post by nbc »

Perfectly acceptable when dressed accordinglyhttp://www.fordogtrainers.com/images/dog-colla ... 89-big.jpg

A Legal Lohengrin

Important shoe question

Post by A Legal Lohengrin »

My favorite pair of shoes, that is nearing retirement, is a pair of Calvin Klein I-don't-know-what-the-fuck-they-are that is a combination between loafers and sneakers. When new, I could get away with wearing these with a suit on a day I had to walk around a lot. From above, they basically looked like loafers. Also, anyone looking at my shoes when I'm talking to them can pretty much kiss my ass.By comparison, it appears women's shoes are designed largely by sadists, and for some reason, women accommodate these sadists by being deliriously attracted to shoes that appear to be designed by some kind of superintelligent computer given a command to design shoes that are completely incompatible with the concept of "walking."

borealis

Important shoe question

Post by borealis »

Say "someone" is pushing 50.Is about 5'10" without shoesIs basically a suburban housefrauIs not known for her coordination.Not say that "someone" bought these shoes...http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c150/ ... .jpgShould this someone realize that these are not appropriate footwear for middle-aged women and return them, or should she keep them? If she keeps them, should she go out in public as a 6'3" Amazon tottering around in studded shoes, or should she wear them around the house whilst cooking dinner?Only if she is RuPaul.

borealis

Important shoe question

Post by borealis »

My mom faced a pickle, trying to wear nice shoes to greet my dad when he came back from a months-long tour of duty at sea.Imagine wearing those shoes, Maru, and walking on a wooden dock with gaps between the boards.http://www.topperfloats.com/images/navydock.jpgThey could aerate the lawn although it might take a while.

Return to “The Lounge”